Farmstead Golf & Country Club Reviews

Farmstead Golf & Country Club 4
Farmstead Golf & Country Club 5

Elena · Married on 10/26/2019

A Total Dream.

I've been putting off writing this review in hopes that the exact perfect words would pop into my head about how fantastic Farmstead was. That has yet to happen, and I'm not sure it ever will because when it comes to this venue and this team, words totally escape me. They left us speechless. From the very first moment we walked into Farmstead, it just felt right. Between the ease with which Andrew spoke about everything to the promising reviews regarding food and drinks, my (now) husband and I left a deposit on the spot. From that moment forward, they were prompt to respond to every email and phone call, answering every questions and solving every problem, putting all of our venue-related worries at ease. At the rehearsal, Noelle was a perfect guide through the ceremony process, and both Noelle and Andrew helped us unload our (many, many) decorations into the office. On the day of, Noelle made every effort to ensure that everything matched our vision perfectly and then some. I barely had to lift a finger. In fact, even being there I felt like I was doing a disservice to her magic-working since she was so efficient and wonderful! For a very controlling person like me, this was a very calming and helpful way to start the day and left me feeling very at ease. We got so many compliments on the way the space looked, and we were in total awe of seeing our vision come to life, and THEN some! We got SO many compliments on the food which was FANTASTIC. They even created a squash dish for me and our other veggie/vegan guests. They made sure we were informed and knew exactly what was going on every step of the way. They took care of all of the breakdown as well and put everything in one spot for us to pick up the next day. We cannot say enough good things about this gorgeous location, amazing venue, fantastic people, and delicious food. What. A. Dream. Thank you, Farmstead!

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/20/2019

Beautiful experience!

Choosing the Farmstead as our ceremony/reception venue was the best decision we made! The staff, Andrew, Lindsey, and Noelle made our wedding experience easy. They went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I were filled in on every detail, comfortable, and were able to enjoy our night! I would highly recommend this as your venue!!

Farmstead Golf & Country Club 6
    Sent on 10/21/2019

Alyssa · Married on 09/21/2019

Perfect from Start to Finish

"Perfect" is the only word that accurately sums up our entire wedding experience at the Farmstead. Recommended by my sister's co-worker who just recently attended a wedding there, my groom and I decided to check out this venue on a chilly winter day. Even in the middle of January, the property's rustic yet elegant nature won us over almost immediately. If the gazebo, ponds, and stunning barn weren't enough to sway us, the attentiveness and helpfulness of the wedding coordinators certainly did. The team of Lindsey, Andrew, and Noel were beyond perfect. They made sure our big day was incredible. The only time anyone was not available was when Lindsey went to a local clothing store to buy suspenders for my dad, who had lost some weight since his tux fitting and needed some assistance. Let me say that again...Lindsey went to a department store just to make sure my dad was comfortable. Incredible. Bob, the owner, was even on-site the day of our wedding to drive my mom and myself in a golf cart down to the ceremony site after carting my groom, photographer, and I around all morning for photos. Noel made sure that every single detail was perfect and expertly coordinated with our dj, photographer, and officiant to ensure things ran smoothly. Her attention to detail is exquisite as she transformed the reception room to match my vision better than I could have ever imagined. Andrew was always available to answer questions. The wait staff was incredibly kind and helpful, always making sure all of our guests had everything they needed.
    If you couldn't figure it out by now, I don't have enough amazing things to say about the Farmstead. If you want a venue where you don't have to worry about anything except enjoying your wedding day, then this is 100% the place for you. I wish I could do it all over again right now, and it is all thanks to the Farmstead.

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 09/15/2019

Wedding day!

From the minute we walked into the Farmstead I knew it was where I wanted to get married. From the amazing staff to the breathtaking backdrops, you couldn’t ask for a better venue! The food is fantastic and the staff can't be beat! Our guests have not stopped complimenting us everything from that day!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Reiko Goodwin Sireno · Married on 05/05/2019

Fantastic Staff and Venue! Book them!

Cannot thank The Farmstead Golf & Country Club crew enough for helping to make our wedding so fantastic! Big shoutout to Andrew and Lindsey who were wonderful and helped every step of the way from our first tour to the day of! Our maitre de, Noelle, was an absolute rockstar too! The Farmstead staff made the whole day seamless and stress free and the food was fantastic. Great people, venue, and value. Our guests have not stopped raving about what an awesome day it was. You will be happy you booked with them! :)

Sent on 06/07/2019

Michelle · Married on 02/19/2019

Farmstead is a beautiful venue. We worked with Lindsey and Noelle for the most part but everyone was wonderful. The Chef was very accommodating as well. I can’t say enough about Lindsey. She exceeded our expectations. She is personable and professional to say the least. Noelle was running all night with a contagious smile. She was kind and energetic. We highly recommend Farmstead!

Sent on 09/01/2018

Lindsay · Married on 12/14/2018

My fairy tale...

I cannot say anything bad about my experience with the Farmstead. First, Lindsey answered all of my tedious questions for over a year and always got back to me. Noelle- you were a dream to work with and helped ensure everything was perfect at all times. My family cannot thank you and Andrew enough. Andrew was a ninja- always there to help but not in the way at all. You guys were so amazing and thank you- the venue looked absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Emily · Married on 12/01/2018

Beautiful Venue + Exceptional Staff = Perfect Wedding Day!

The most perfect wedding venue. The food, the decor, the staff, but mostly the flexibility!! We shopped around for wedding venues for weeks and weeks, and found most places to be very strict about their policies & assistance. However, from the start, we could tell Farmstead was different. Lindsey & staff were SO accommodating in every aspect. The food was fantastic; I highly recommend the buffet! So many guests told us that it was the best wedding food they have ever had. The entire venue is so warm & inviting, and make for fantastic wedding pictures. Our wedding day was truly perfect in every way, and we have the Farmstead staff to thank for that!! Go see this venue in person, you won't regret it!

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing Wedding Venue!

Farmstead was the perfect rustic venue for my modern rustic wedding. They did so much for me on my wedding day that helped out so much and made things stress free. I couldn’t have asked for a better venue or people to work with. Absolutely amazing!
    Wedding was 10/20/18

Farmstead Golf & Country Club 13
    Sent on 09/27/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/21/2018

Farmstead was an a amazing and beautiful venue and the staff was absolutely excellent!! They made my day absolutely flawless! From rehearsal and dinner to the wedding everyone was wonderful and it was absolutely gorgeous! My wedding day was filled with fun and relaxation because they took care of everything. I can not thank them enough for all they did!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Farmstead Golf & Country Club's reply:

Hi Brittany! Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are so happy that you enjoyed your day here with us at Farmstead. Congratulations again!

Lori · Married on 09/02/2018

We had the most unbelievable wedding at farmstead. The staff was so friendly and very helpful. Between the fast responses via phone calls and emails to the preparation and set up of the day of, we had the most wonderful experience. I couldn't have asked for a better day. The venue itself is beautiful and the set up from the staff just made it even more spectacular. We had the most perfect day and I would choose this venue for again in a heart beat! I loved the views and the rustic feel that it brought. It was everything we wanted and more! Best wedding day ever!! Thank you to the wonderful staff for making my wedding the best day I have ever had!

Farmstead Golf & Country Club 14
    Farmstead Golf & Country Club 15
    Sent on 10/11/2018

megan · Married on 05/20/2018

great experience

from start to finish everything was perfect. from the ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception someone was always available to make sure things were running smoothly. the food was fabulous and the space was beautifully set up just the way we asked. couldn’t have had a better experience

Sent on 12/06/2018

Christine · Married on 10/08/2017

Amazing experience hosting my wedding at the Farmstead. One year later people are still raving how awesome the venue was, how amazing the food tasted and how much was served, and how great the staff was during our wedding. The farmstead is reasonable in price compared to average weddings these days, Lindsey and the team were an absolute rockstar helping us to plan and make the day perfect. It was the most beautiful day of our lives and I highly recommend this venue!

Farmstead Golf & Country Club 16
    Sent on 10/09/2018

Erin · Married on 09/24/2017

What can I say, we could not be more thrilled with our wedding at The Farmstead. This was the first of about three venues we visited during our search. Even though it was the middle of winter and it was covered in snow, we fell in love with it right away. The entire property was the perfect balance of rustic beauty. As a couple who enjoys the outdoors, my groom’s family actually owns a farm upstate, we wanted to make sure that our love of nature was reflected in the place we would get married. But we all know that a beautiful setting isn’t enough. What really put this place over the top was the staff. Banquet manager Lindsey made the process so easy for us. In every meeting and every email, she really listened to what we wanted. She was responsive to every email I sent no matter how trivial the request (and I know there were many). Going in to our wedding weekend, I was not as stressed as you would imagine a bride would be because I was confident that she had it all under control. On the weekend of the wedding we worked with Noelle as our wedding maître d. She, Andrew and the rest of the team were the utmost professionals. The entire wedding was absolutely seamless. As an event planner myself, I know all the things that can go wrong. But I have to say nothing did (and if it did, I had no idea. Sign of a good team!). The setting was beautiful, they set up all of our décor just how we wanted it and the food was delicious! I would highly recommend The Farmstead for anyone looking for a beautiful wedding in North Jersey.

Farmstead Golf & Country Club 17
    Farmstead Golf & Country Club 24
    Sent on 10/06/2017

Nicole · Married on 09/22/2017

#1 Venue for Weddings.

The best environment for a fun, rustic intimate wedding day. The 1st and ONLY place we checked out. Love at 1st site. My wife and I had so many people ask us how we even found Farmstead. The staff from top to bottom Andrew and Lindsay were amazing to work with. We were nervous about getting our vision to come to fruition. The second we laid eyes on the set up in the main room we were blown away! The day went smooth the night was fun! We even went back for lunch on our 1 year anniversary! Love this place. Look no further book today right now after reading this!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Jamie · Married on 09/01/2017

Our wedding was just held at Farmstead Golf & Country Club this past Labor Day weekend on 9/1/17. I can't say enough good things about this place - first off, it is absolutely perfect if you are looking for a rustic yet elegant place to hold a wedding or any type of formal event. The second we walked into the venue and took a look around, we knew it was the place we would hold our wedding. Lindsey and Andrew are phenomenal and always had the most positive attitudes which is something I personally loved. Any way we wanted to customize our day, they never told us we couldn't do it. Noel assisted us on the day of the wedding and she was just as amazing. The staff is great. Wedding planning can get out of control, overwhelming, expensive, etc. The pricing of this venue is the best around - you really can't beat it! They give you endless options for food, and our guests repeatedly told us how amazing the food choices were. No one walked out of our wedding hungry! They hold one wedding per day - and have a beautiful bridal suite to get ready. They even served us a huge platter of sandwiches and salads for lunch in the suite while we were getting ready. The food is great, the service is spectacular, the venue is beautiful, the price is right -- what more could you want!? I will always recommend this venue to whoever I may come across in the future looking to plan a budget friendly wedding! Thank you Farmstead!! 5 stars!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Jodie · Married on 07/29/2017

I got married here on July 29th and could not have pictured my wedding to be any better! The staff was incredible, extremely helpful and friendly. Everything was just amazing!!! I'm already looking forward to visiting for some of our anniversaries!!

Sent on 07/31/2017
  • thenagyweds

Kelsey · Married on 05/13/2017

Love love love. When your heart is set in being outside but it rains have no fear. The inside is just as romantic and beautiful. My guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been too and Lindsay is to thank! Being able to have hair and makeup come on site to get the girls ready was awesome. The staff goes above and beyond to make sure that you are having a blast. The food was exactly the way it was for our tasting. I loved the fact that while I was getting ready downstairs I could pop upstairs to see how everything was going. It really was amazing to see how the venue came alive with decorations. I would recommend anyone to this venue.

Sent on 05/20/2017

Amelia · Married on 05/12/2017

May 12,2017 was the best day of our lives! From the first time we saw Farm stead to the wedding day we just had a feeling when we stepped onto the property.

Farmstead Golf & Country Club 25
    Farmstead Golf & Country Club 26
    Sent on 09/27/2017

Melissa · Married on 04/21/2017

We had the greatest wedding at Farmstead! Everything was perfect and the whole day went so smoothly. It was relaxing, delicious and beautiful!

Sent on 04/29/2017

Jo Ann · Married on 11/05/2016

This was an amazing place for our wedding brunch. Everything was fantastic. Food was delicious !!!!!

Sent on 11/07/2016

sarah · Married on 09/09/2016

This place is absolutely beautiful, the food was amazing and the service was great. They provide a picture perfect landscape, getting married by a gazebo on a lake and then having the reception in an old barn with chandlers was so perfect for us.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Emily · Married on 09/04/2016

Farmstead was a dream come true! My husband and I could not decide on a wedding venue, and luckily through a google search I found Farmstead! We took a tour with Andrew and immediately fell in love; rustic, sweet and charming! Lindsey was absolutely amazing to work with and definitely saw our vision for how we wanted the night to run. The whole entire staff was amazing and I can't thank them enough for making our day special! I would highly recommend Farmstead! We are so beyond pleased!

Sent on 09/05/2016

valerie · Married on 08/27/2016

I absolutely Love this place!!! we got married august 27 2016 . we had our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all at the farmstead and everything was perfect! we met with Andrew first he showed us the grounds and went over all the wedding things due to Lindsey having a baby. we set up our meal tasting which was also with Andrew and since the food was so amazing we put down our deposit right then and was able to meet the chef due to myself the bride having a major garlic allergy they were able to prepare all our food without it.. we met Lindsey to discussed our details who is just so fabulous i cannot say enough about her. she was so helpful as a bride i feel like you don't really know much well Lindsey answered all my questions so quick and i probably annoyed her but she was still so fabulous and always so caring. all the staff and employees were very nice and efficient during our big day.The food is sooooooo delicious!!!! i have guests telling us how great the wedding food was and even some people told us it was the best they have ever had whose been to multiple weddings. the ceremony space outside is just stunning i am so happy we chose the farmstead. the cocktail room is simply perfect. Lindsey was great with letting me even drop off things before hand due to me living so far away. i even ended up leaving some things there after our wedding day and Lindsey is keeping them for me until i return from my honeymoon. they are so caring! i loved that its family owned! you can definitely tell. i would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Kate · Married on 07/09/2016

We had our wedding at Farmstead on Saturday 7/9 and it was just absolutely amazing! I don't even know where to start, the food was amazing, the ceremony site and reception locations were perfect, and our guests just kept saying how beautiful of a venue it was! Lindsey was my wedding coordinator and the Matre'D for the day of. She was absolutely the best to work with! So friendly, responsive, and accommodating! Every little detail was cared for, and everything the day of was exactly how we had discussed via our many emails. I loved that we were able to spend the entire day there, breakfast and lunch was provided, and it felt like the place was ours the whole day while we were getting ready. Just two quick examples of how amazing Lindsey and Andrew were...during the day Andrew let me know that the tulle drapes/string lights I bought to have around the dance floor weren't long enough, so he offered to hang other string lights in between to make up the difference. The second example was that during the reception my dress had gotten stepped on and my bustle was ripped out, Lindsey insisted on fixing my bustle so I could enjoy the rest of the night, and pinned up my dress for me. These were just two little examples of how wonderful Lindsey and Andrew were, and how extremely happy we were to have our wedding at Farmstead! It was absolutely the best decision and made our wedding day everything we dreamed of. Thank you so much Lindsey and Andrew! I highly recommend having your wedding or other event at Farmstead, you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 07/16/2016