Farmhouse Group Events Reviews

Farmhouse Group Events 4
Farmhouse Group Events 5
  • Karsen

Karsen Eckweiler · Getting married on 12/31/2022

Congratulations, you can stop looking for a caterer, you've discovered Farmhouse!

Everything from the food, to the staff to the attention to detail at Farmhouse is impeccable! The carefully curated menus, the farm to table food, and beautiful presentations will wow your guests, including the vegan/gluten free ones. Seriously, have you seen their charcuterie boards?? Farmhouse quickly became on of the top caterers in VT, and it is in a large part to Lindsey. She leads an amazing team of individuals who will stop at nothing to make your event incredible. Lindsey’s natural talent, attention to detail and ability to solve any problem before it even happens will make your event the most enjoyable, stress free experience. She is a delight to work with and will make planning your event so much fun! The thoughtfulness and dedication to all stages of event planning and execution is truly unmatched.

Sent on 12/17/2018

Alanna Salomone · Married on 07/21/2019

They went above and beyond!

We can’t not say enough great things about the farmhouse staff and Lindsey. They made our wedding day memorable for us and our guests.

Event Planning:
    Lindsey was extremely easy to work with. She was very responsive to emails and questions. She is detail oriented, thorough, kind and very friendly. She had great suggestions for our event (without being pushy or negative) that really made our day run smoothly and efficiently. She helped us create our personal vision of our event, and thought of great tertiary details that complimented our day. My husband and I are not good planners and over looked a few things. She never once expressed frustration, but said “let me help with that”. She went above and beyond any event planner. When the weather was looking less than ideal for our event she arranged to have matching white umbrellas ready for us completely last minute. She made sure we didn’t have to worry or lift a finger on the day of our event. If she saw myself or my family doing anything other than having fun she would come over and complete the task on our behalf. She personally checked in with us and all of our guests to ensure we were having a great time. She personally made sure my husband and I were well hydrated and well feed throughout the entire event (which was much appreciated). Her and her staff decorated our space perfectly and followed all of our instructions. At the end of the event she packed up all of our decorations, and personal items into our parents car so we would not have to make an extra trip back to our event space the following day. She offered to personally delivery any decorations that would not fit in the cars to our house. She also picked up our wedding desserts from the third party bakery which saved us a lot of hassle. She coordinated with our vendors leading up to the event, which eliminated a bunch a repetitive calls and stress. She made our day so easy! Her hospitality was not only noticed by us but by our entire party. Our guests thought she was our own hired private wedding planner. We had many compliments about how smooth and effortless our wedding day events were. All the events carried on seamlessly. If anything went wrong it was completely unnoticed by us and our guests.

Food/Catering:
    Our wedding was months ago, and our guests still talk about how great the food was. Everyone said that it was by far the best wedding food they ever had, some said it was the best food they EVER had. Everything was cooked and prepared fresh. The morning of our wedding I saw the cooks making the hors d’oeuvres from scratch in the kitchen. There was a wood fire grill set up on the property to grill everything fresh on site. The appetizers were served on fancy wooden platters and tasted fantastic especially the fried chicken, bacon covered dates and beet skewers. The local cheese and cruditès platters were beautifully assembled and resembled something right off of Pinterest or instagram. My husband and I had our hors d’oeuvres personally delivered to us by Lindsey which was nice because we were so busy with all the wedding events. The main course was cooked to perfection- words can not describe how amazing this food tasted. This is not an exaggeration- it was literally some of the best food we ever had including michelin star restaurants. We had steak and chicken for our main course. The chicken was seasoned perfectly and fell right off the bone. We cook all the time and have no idea how they made this chicken taste so great- our guests keep asking for the recipe ( I wish I had it!) The steak was tender, moist, flavorful and was equally amazing. We had our meals served family style, which was nice because it allowed our guests to try a little bit of everything, which everyone enjoyed. There was plenty of food and many tables even had second servings. We had a lot of people with dietary restrictions and they were easily accommodated. Lindsey made some great suggestions for our wine, beer, cocktail and liquor selection that was customized to our event and preferences. She also had some great tips on how to save money on food/beverages and limit waste. We loved one of the hard to find beers so much Lindsey arranged for us to pick up a case after the wedding. The bar tenders and servers were great and also added to our special day with the little extra details. My 6 year old niece told me “he was the best bar tender because he put strawberries in my sprite”. One of the servers noticed my cocktail glass was building up condensation while I was mingling with guests and ran across the room to hand me a cocktail napkin- so thoughtful!

Sent on 08/14/2019
  • F

Francine · Married on 07/20/2019

Excellent- couldn't have asked for more!

The Farmhouse provided the catering for our daughter’s wedding at our home in Underhill this past July. We cannot say enough about the quality of service, support and, of course, the FOOD! Lindsey and her team anticipated and took care of all of our needs- much more than we would have expected from a catering service. We felt supported along the way with all the planning that goes into a wedding at home, and we could not have asked for more the “day of”. From handling all aspects of setup and décor, to welcoming our guests off of the shuttles, to even watering the flowers on our arbor so they would be magnificent for our late-afternoon meadow wedding, Lindsey and her staff “did it all” and then transitioned seamlessly into serving Phillip Clayton’s amazing food, all with style, grace and with the sincere goal of pleasing everyone. It’s been a few weeks since our event, and we are still getting compliments from many of our guests as to how amazing the food, presentation and service was. We will definitely use The Farmhouse Events if the need arises again- thank you for making our celebration all the more memorable!

Sent on 08/16/2019

Gina Kennedy · Married on 07/13/2019

Couldn't Be Better

Lindsey L. and the Farmhouse Group did a terrific job catering a reception for about 150 guests at the UVM Alumni House in July, 2019. Lindsey is a dream to work with. Her recommendations were always practical and creative. When I requested minor changes to the menu, mostly to accommodate guests' food preferences and restrictions, she was on in immediately. She even handled a last minute change of venue in stride, as if it happens every day (which I hope it doesn't!) The food was wonderful, varied and beautifully presented. All of the staff that worked the event were pleasant, helpful and incredibly hard working. And the estimate of the cost of the event was realistic -- the actual bill ended up being slightly under the estimate -- which was greatly appreciated. I would use the Farmhouse Group for any event!

Sent on 07/20/2019

Jillian Kaufman · Married on 06/22/2019

Absolutely fabulous!

Though we had a relatively small wedding (50 guests), many of our guests are food "snobs" so it was essential that our food be excellent and it was! Lindsey and her team were amazing to work with from beginning to end. Our event was outdoors with a tent. They set up the tables, linens, center pieces, and even picked up our desserts from downtown Burlington. About an hour before our ceremony, one of the servers approached me with two four-leaf clovers he had found on the property and offered them to me as a sign of good luck for my fiance and me. When everything was said and done, our guests raved about the food and service. We couldn't be happier with this group!!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 10/20/2018

Best possible experience

Farm House is simply the best. Lindsey is incredible. If you can hire them for your event you should. It was the best wedding related choice I made.

Lindsey is not just an organized, effective, thoughtful, creative, responsive, warm, talented, flexible, inspired, and tasteful caterer she is a full blown event planner with gusto! Lindsey got every piece of my vision from day one and made it happen. Never did Lindsey say “no or hmm” all she said was “absolutely” and then would have an amazing suggestion to take my idea to the next level.

I cannot say enough good things about the experience leading up to the day of my wedding or the actual day itself. In the weeks after the wedding I had people say “ I am not just being nice, that was the best wedding food I have ever had. I stole steak off of other peoples tables.” During the wedding I was blown away with the 4 signature cocktails we had as well as the extremely warm bartenders and servers. When the heating was not working Chloe Lindsey’s assistant was already on it, and I’m not even sure if that is there job!!

Most of all Lindsey made it easy to just be psyched about our day. You can tell she truly cares about what she does and has such attention to detail, integrity, and an awesome attitude. Some people may feel the price point is a little high but it is a bargain when you have Lindsey’s assistance with both her level of communication with other vendors to make things seamless and helping to coordinate the actual event.

Lastly, I loved using farm house because it could be what we wanted. We changed our apps until it matched our character and were always able to have new ideas and be creative. The day ended up being 1000% what we wanted it to be and that would not have been possible without Lindsey and her staff.

Sent on 11/08/2018

Stephen Hart · Married on 09/15/2018

Farmhouse Group Events Rules

After our engagement, my fiancé and I were beyond excited and immediately hit the ground running to plan one of the most important days of our lives. But with so many different decisions to make and our own difference of opinion we started to lose steam and become overwhelmed. We felt stuck. Luckily, we discovered Farm House Group Events and connected with their Director of Catering and Events, Lindsey Leichthammer. When we ended the first phone consult with Lindsey the planning engine was reignited and we began to transition from feeling stressed to feeling excited again. Thereafter with each email exchange and phone call with Lindsey and her team, our ideas took shape and everything seemed to fall into place. The range of their experience was a key asset throughout the entire process. From bands, photographers, venues, and florists etc. there wasn’t anyone or anyplace in Vermont, they had not worked with before. They worked seamlessly with all our vendors. When the big day arrived Farm House Group Events exceeded our expectations. Everything was perfect. Three months later we are still having friends and family talk about how amazing our wedding was. Lindsey and her staff made sure my wife and I did not sweat the details so we could celebrate every moment. From start to finish working with them made our wedding that much more special. We are forever grateful.

Sent on 12/11/2018

Alicia · Married on 08/18/2018

Farmhouse Group was exactly what we had hoped for. The food was delicious! The most important piece to us however, was the presentation of it all. Lindsey and her team were seamless with their service and everything was set up and displayed with such class. Lindsey was professional and responsive to our needs throughout our planning. Our only disappointment was not understanding how the tasting worked ahead of time. My daughter and I felt like we missed out on understanding a few key pieces that evening.

Sent on 10/08/2018

Jasmine · Married on 12/20/2017

When I started researching caterers for our wedding I found myself repeatedly stuck: they wouldn't call back; they would call back, but then wouldn't follow up in a timely manner; they couldn't work with us for a winter wedding. And then I reached out to Lindsey at Farmhouse and all my struggles were worth it just to end up with very best person I could imagine working with. Lindsey took such good care of us, she helped us to make our wedding party exactly what we hoped it would be (better in fact) and the whole Farmhouse crew were so professional, so good to us, and cooked us one of the best meals I've had in years. We got married in a cafe space in Burlington that didn't have a kitchen and they were able to accommodate this. We loved having a family style meal. We had family and friends visiting from London, Paris, New York, Los Angeles, and they all raved about the food (the brisket especially). We were in such good hands with Lindsey and her crew, we had absolutely no concerns or anxieties about the event and not one single complaint. It was perfect. One of the most spectacular evenings of our life.

Sent on 01/21/2018

Caitlin · Married on 10/07/2017

Incredible food, staff, service!

Choosing the Farmhouse Group to cater our wedding was by far the best and easiest decision we made during the wedding planning process. Everything about Farmhouse was incredible and it’s evident that they hold themselves to the highest standard. From the food, to the staff, to the attention to detail every step of the way, Farmhouse takes the stress out of wedding planning and allows you to enjoy the process and every moment of your day.

First and foremost- the farm to table food, meal variety, and beautiful presentations set the bar high from the start. We had such a hard time deciding on our menu just because there were so many wonderful options. Everything was customizable and the food could be exactly what we wanted. The appetizers and harvest platter were a huge hit. Donuts and pretzels for late-night snack? Absolutely. Our guests raved about our food and how “perfectly” it fit our character.

Lindsey and her incredible team were so detail-oriented, professional, and attentive not only on our wedding day but throughout the planning process. We hired Farmhouse Group two years before our wedding and Lindsey was with us every step of the way. Living out of state could have been difficult in terms of coordination but Lindsey didn’t bat an eye and would happily schedule phone calls and in-person meetings at times that were convenient to us when we were in the area. Lindsey is not only organized, responsive, and flexible, but she truly is the full wedding-coordinator package: insightful, warm, genuine, and effective in everything that she does. Lindsey and her team went above and beyond in so many ways- from the coordination and communication with vendors leading up to our day, to the on-the-fly wardrobe fixes for a few people in the wedding party.. their work is truly immeasurable. If you’re looking for a catering company that truly goes above and beyond in every possible way- look no further than the Farmhouse Group.

Sent on 01/23/2019

Jordan · Married on 09/23/2017

As former Burlington residents, we knew right away that we wanted the Farmhouse Group to cater our September VT wedding—and we couldn't be happier with the result! Lindsey was incredibly responsive, understood our vision right away (burgers! family style!), and was fun to work with throughout the whole process. The Farmhouse team was professional yet personable, and many of our guests commented on how much fun they had chatting with the people working. We've gotten nothing but rave reviews about the food and drink, from the stunning cheese plate at cocktail hour to how delicious all the vegetable sides were at dinner. Lindsey, Elise, and the whole team made everything work seamlessly (including the rehearsal and the ceremony), and Lindsey letting me use her own wedding saber to open the first bottle was truly above and beyond.

Sent on 10/16/2017
    Farmhouse Group Events 6
    Farmhouse Group Events 7
    Farmhouse Group Events 8
    Farmhouse Group Events 9
    Farmhouse Group Events 10

Margie · Married on 07/01/2017

I cannot say enough about this caterer. As the mother of the bride--- all I can say is do not pick anyone else. The raves about the food and service are still pouring in. Lindsey was a dream to work with.

Sent on 07/03/2017