Fallen Tree Farm Bed and Breakfast Reviews

44 | Carlisle, PA

44 Reviews for Fallen Tree Farm Bed and Breakfast

Gina · Married on 08/16/2014

The Fallen Tree Farm is the absolute BEST place to get married! Kim & Brent are amazing, & so accommodating. The ceremony area was gorgeous, & the reception was phenomenal. I would recommend any bride to check this place out! I could not have imagined my amazing special day at any other venue!

Sent on 08/18/2014

Miranda · Married on 07/19/2014

Absolutely perfect! Kim went out of her way to make our wedding weekend a success. She was so accommodating on several different aspects and we really appreciated it. It was so nice to have use of the B&B for the entire weekend, it made for a no stress wedding day. The B&B was so cozy and the breakfast was delicious! The grounds at Fallen Tree make for some stunning photos, and as another bride said, there really is no need to decorate with anything extra! Worth every penny!!

Sent on 08/20/2014

Emily · Married on 07/03/2014

We had our wedding (ceremony and reception) at Fallen Tree Farm, everything about it was perfect! We wanted a small wedding and I liked the idea of having it at a B&B, since they are already such charming places you don't need to do anything to make it lovely. Not all B&Bs do weddings, so I was looking for a place that had a wedding/elopement package and also had the ability to host a luncheon for a group of 20. Fallen Tree Farm was the perfect choice.

Kim, the owner, helped coordinate everything. With the elopement package, many of the details are included, which was great for me. The officiant came as part of the package, it was a short non-denominational ceremony that was perfect for us. Kim also took care of ordering our cake and creating my flowers (we had bouquets for myself and my maid of honor and corsages for both mothers and my grandmother.) She did a lovely job with the flowers. Kim and her staff also cooked all of the food for our luncheon, everything was delicious!

As far as the venue itself, it's a lovely, peaceful country setting (though very convenient to the highway for guests.) They have a beautiful outdoor ceremony space (it's the ruins of what was once the cellar level of a barn.) For cold weather or rainy day weddings there is an indoor ceremony space that is also charming, it has a beautiful fire place that the couple would stand in front of for the ceremony. For small receptions, there is an option to dine inside or outside, both areas are pretty. If you want to have dancing though (we did not) you would need to have the reception outside and rent a tent, the indoor space can only accommodate about 20 people and there is no room for a dance floor. We ate inside because it's air conditioned and we got married on a hot July afternoon.

We loved everything about our wedding day and I've had so many compliments from our guests! Kim is great, I would recommend Fallen Tree Farm to anyone!!!!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Carol · Married on 10/05/2013

I can't say enough about this venue! First of all, it is the most beautiful setting and my fiance and I didn't spend a dime on any decorations because THEY ARE NOT NEEDED! Kim and Brent keep the place looking like something from a fairytale book! Second, the owners bend over backwards to provide a perfect day for you! Third, the food provided was absolutely delicious and the portion sizes were fair! You didn't get two bites of a steak, you got a decent portion and you could cut it with a butter knife it was tender and cooked to perfection! Third, the owners make you feel very special and you feel like you have known them forever! We plan to go back again for future anniversaries or just a weekend getaway! Love this place! I could HIGHLY recommend to anyone!

Sent on 10/09/2013

Tracy · Married on 09/21/2013

Fallen Tree Farm was the setting for my daughter's wedding on September 21, 2013. I certainly wish I could give more than five stars for value, because with it's privacy yet availability to services, beauty, appointments and details, it's VALUE based on services for your dollar is by far the best in the area for wedding venues. Kim and Brent are engaging, compassionate and relaxed hosts. The house, gardens and wedding spaces are unique, and well maintained and decorated which makes for gorgeous photos anywhere you choose to take them! For us, having the grooms family and special guests stay on site took a load of stress off of giving directions and worrying about out-of-towners getting lost. Plus, they were so well taken care of! So much better than just any old hotel...what a wonderful way to welcome them as new family members! I was truly appreciative of Kim and Brent making sure these important folks were taken care of as well as I would in my home. The wedding day itself was a truly wonderful day despite weather that didn't want to cooperate. Kim and Brent worked tirelessly to make sure the ceremony space was as dry as possible for the one small window of "no rain" we had to have the ceremony outside, because they knew this was the kids' fondest wish for their wedding, and even though they knew that we had a fall-back plan to have the ceremony undercover. Kim worked so well with all our vendors and together all of them made a beautiful day happen, despite glitches and minor roadblocks we only learned of after the issue had been resolved! If you are looking for the perfect venue in which to have a beautifully memorable wedding, that treats your guests like gold, for the best use of your wedding venue budget I highly recommend Fallen Tree Farm!

Sent on 10/19/2013

Tera · Married on 05/26/2013

Our daughter's wedding at Fallen Tree Farm was absolutely perfect. When we discovered the venue we felt like we were walking into a fairly tale, this location is truly a hidden charm. Kim spent close to 2 years helping us plan, organize and coordinate the event. She and Brent are responsive, professional and most of all...really fantastic people. The grounds were amazing, the ceremony site was stunning. We went to Kim often with questions and her suggestions made the wedding everything my daughter and her new husband hoped for. From the table set up to the lighting to the ceremony music, Kim knows what works. She took the time to get to know us and made meaningful suggestions. She also let us know when something might be difficult to pull off. Last minute concerns are NO PROBLEM for Kim, she can handle ANYTHING. It is obvious Kim & Brent's goal is to make the day special for the bride and groom. Thank you Kim & Brent for a beautiful day, great memories and for putting up with us! We are so happy we chose Fallen Tree Farm for Tera & Tyler's wedding.

Sent on 08/02/2013

Erin · Married on 05/11/2013

Kim and Brent did an amazing job helping us plan our wedding and answering any questions we had. On our wedding day it was raining all morning. Brent watched the weather radar and we were able to have a beautiful ceremony. Fallen Tree Farm is a perfect venue. Our wedding day couldn't have gone any better. Thanks Kim and Brent!

Sent on 06/10/2013

Teresa · Married on 10/20/2012

Brent and Kim were awesome hosts and were very easy to work with and were very accommodating. The inn and grounds are gorgeous. Our wedding could not have been more perfect! The price was comparable to other venues; however, we got a lot more for our money because the rooms for some overnight guests and the bride & groom were included in the price as well as breakfast, the flowers for the ceremony area were also included; and we were allowed to use the grounds for the rehearsal dinner. They also have a list of recommended businesses that they work with and one was a caterer who was extremely reasonable and the food was very good. We used that vendor for both our rehearsal dinner and reception. Brent and Kim work VERY hard and it shows. The inn and rooms were also very clean and beautifully decorated. The inn is historic which we also loved; my husband's wedding attire was a reproduction 18th century French colonial uniform made by the former tailor of Colonial Williamsburg.

Sent on 11/14/2012

Lucy · Married on 10/13/2012

Fallen Tree Farm was as close to perfect as I could imagine. The location is beautiful--historic without being frilly, individual without being difficult, and rural without being remote. We rented the Farm for the entire weekend, which gave us full run of the place and made things far more relaxed. My fiance's entire family stayed at the Farm, which gave them a home base in my home town, and they loved it. There are a thousand little touches (fires laid in the fireplaces, constant supplies of coffee, snacks in the afternoon) that make staying there both easy and a joy.

Kim is phenomenal. She was on top of everything for the entire wedding, including chasing down some of my vendors who had fallen out of the loop. She organized the rentals, was entirely flexible about my constantly-changing seating plans, and made sure that every detail on her end was taken care of. When we had our rehearsal the morning of the wedding, she cooked up extra food for all the attendants, without blinking an eye. And she makes sure that the bride and groom have food before the wedding--it's that kind of detail that makes things run so smoothly. Honestly, working with her was one of the biggest highlights of the wedding planning experience.

The wedding itself was stunning. The location couldn't have been more beautiful--perfect for our aesthetic. It was relaxed and fun and even a little funky, but still elegant. We had 140 people, which fit in the space easily. We invited children, who were fascinated by the horses; we invited grandparents, who were fascinated by the house; and we invited our friends, who loved that they had to walk only twenty yards from the ceremony to the bar and dance floor.

I would recommend Fallen Tree Farm in a heartbeat.

Sent on 12/04/2012

amanda · Married on 09/22/2012

Kim and Brent have a beautiful location for wedding. Kim is very helpful and answered all of my questions. She takes you step by step to make sure your wedding is perfect. Friendly, easy to work with, and easy to get intouch with, they deal with all the setup so you don't have that to worry about. The house is gorgeous. Breakfast is amazing, we will be returning in the future.

Sent on 11/10/2012

Katie · Married on 10/15/2011

Beautiful and Elegant Reception

Kim and Brent were amazing hosts for our wedding reception on Octber 15th. Despite the weather being crazy this year (with the rain, tornadoes, and flooding), they had the farm in beautiful shape. Kim was extremley personable and friendly, very organized and on top of EVERYTHING- more so then most of my other venders, whom she helped keep in line. It was unexpectedly windy that day, and Kim went the extra mile to ensure that our tent was well grounded, made some last minute adjustments with the cocktail hour, and even went out and bought heaters for the tent in the middle of the reception! She also cleaned up one of her horses so that we could take pictures with him :) Rooms were large with private bathrooms, balconies, and fireplaces, even a fridge. Breakfast was delicious, the french toast was to die for...she even made seperate breakfast for our guests who were children. We will definitely go back for anniversaries and recommend it for weddings, parties, or just a weekend escape without hesitation.

Sent on 11/23/2011

This is a wonderful place in a beautiful setting. I completely fell in love with it the first time I saw it. Although it is so close to everything, you wouldn't know it since it's tucked away from the road. Kim, the owner and coordinator, of the B&B is so easy to work with. She is very organized, her suggestions are great, and her staff does an excellent job ensuring things look the way you want them to. I would highly recommend having a wedding or any other event at Fallen Tree Farm!

Sent on 06/26/2016

Tom · Married on 05/07/2016

We reserved Fallen Tree Farm B&B back in September of 2015 for our wedding reception. Both Kim and Brent were OUTSTANDING managers and caretakers of the beautiful 20 acre horse farm that has been transformed into a B&B. The venue provides an earthy, cozy feeling as you are able to explore all of the details, from the old barn foundation to the stables, pond, fireplace and of course the home itself. Brent was there working hard at making sure all of the little details were right on point. Kim was extensive help right from the start. Her helpful assistance and suggestions made our decisions much easier to make. From guiding us through the rentals, suggesting caterers, Kim was there to help! On the day of our wedding Kim was there with her team helping us set up tables, and making sure everything looked great! We couldn't have done it with out Kim, Brent and their Team!

The B&B home was so beautiful to stay at! The home was full of amazing details. We were able to rent out all of the rooms to use for out of town guests ( included in the Full weekend contract). This allowed for us to have special time with the ones we hold so dear. My favorite part about the stay at the B&B was our Brunch that we had the day after the wedding. The food was OUTSTANDING and the company was just as good!

All in all I strongly suggest Fallen Tree Farm B&B for any event! Thank you again Kim, Brent and all of your helpers for such a great wedding day!

Love -Tom and Sierra Roberts

Sent on 06/12/2016

Fallen Tree Farm Bed and Breakfast's reply:

It was an absolute pleasure to host your special day! You , Sierra and your families were wonderful to work with. We wish great happiness and hope to see you around anniversary time!
    Hugs, Kim and Brent

It was the perfectly rustic venue for my wedding, and for decent money we were the only ones with access to the facility from Friday at noon until Sunday at noon! They also put together my centerpieces and decorations so we didn't have to!

Sent on 09/25/2015

Katie · Married on 05/31/2014

Fallen Tree Farm was an absolutely beautiful place for our ceremony and reception. Kim Hanlin worked so well with us to make the day exactly what we wanted. She was flexible, accepting of many of the things that we wanted to do, helped us coordinate the whole weekend, responsive, and just generally great to work with. We got the full weekend package which started Friday at 12 and ended Sunday at 12. We had 2 nights stay with 8 people each night, had our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner on site, had breakfast on Saturday morning, lunch on Saturday, and an amazing breakfast on Sunday. We had a very large wedding (180 people) and she was definitely able to accommodate this. I definitely would not push the 180 though unless you want a small dance floor. Overall, our wedding day was perfect and exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 06/25/2014

We had our rehearsal dinner and wedding at this venue. Our rehearsal dinner was friday and it rained all day long. It was wonderful that we were able to use the tent for the rehearsal as well as the wedding. It was also amazing that the whole bridal party could stay the Friday night before the wedding and also the night of the wedding. It made it very easy to coordinate everything being in one place. Also breakfast was provided Saturday morning as we were getting ready and lunch so no one had to worry about it. There was also a beautiful breakfast on the patio with all the over night guests and family the day after the wedding. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 06/18/2013

4.2
      3.0

Fallen Tree Farm was a dream venue for our October 2013 wedding. The grounds are set on a horse farm surrounded by colorful mountains, flowers, trees and beautiful hardscaping. Kim and her staff are wonderful and extremely knowledgeable of vendors in the area that WILL meet your needs. Kim is a straight shooter and if you take her advice you will be pleased with your event. Her resourcefulness was key to planning our wedding - we couldn't have done it without her. Our wedding party had a great time using the inn to get ready for the ceremony and enjoying breakfast together the next day - Kim is not messing around when it comes to breakfast!!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Morgan Bankert · Married on 09/07/2019

3.6

Great outdoor space

A hidden gem in Cumberland County. We had never heard of it before, but once we saw it nestled in the woods and the beautiful green scenery, we knew it was the place for us to get married. We decided the second we got into the car after our first visit, based on Kim’s knowledge that she presented to us. I do have to say that we were a little disappointed on the day of. There were a few things missing and not completed & when looking for her, she was nowhere to be found. We didn’t let it ruin our day, but didn’t leave a good taste in our mouths. Overall, the venue is a great location & a great outdoor venue.

Sent on 09/19/2019

Sarah · Married on 06/21/2018

2.4
      1.5
      2.5

Prepare for unavailable, unprepared and stressed staff if you have a Sunday shower event. You’ll find yourself running around trying to set up because they only let you in an hour before guests arrive! Love the sound of vacuuming during the event and being feeling like you’re being pushed out the door as you’re trying to clean up as quickly as possible. Great price for the beauty of the location but made for a tense beginning of the event.

Sent on 06/01/2018

Fallen Tree Farm Bed and Breakfast's reply:

We are sorry you were unhappy with the venue and our staff. I will note that you were not the person who booked the event or whom we corresponded with up until the day of,so its possible you did not know the timeframes and venue layout you were working with. Rain was called for on the day of the event and while you group desperately wanted to be outside I suggested and you concurred( or the young lady who booked the venue did) that we should set up inside as well as a rain backup. Essentially we set up for two complete events both indoors and out. It did rain so our efforts didn't go unrewarded by mother nature. There was less room to work with indoors so we were scrambling to clear off tables etc and make room for the items you had brought to decorate for the event. Regardless, if we appeared "stressed out" while trying to help you set up we certainly apologize. LIkewise our housekeeper should not have vacuumed a second floor guest room during your event nor come into the dining area as you were beginning to clean up. We apologize for that as well. Our bridal and baby showers have always been given an hour to set up. Its agreed upon before the party books and pays. I've never had anybody else have an issue with it . I'm sorry you didn't feel it was adequate time for your preparations. Best of luck with the bride's upcoming wedding.