Fallen Tree Farm Bed and Breakfast Reviews

1 User photo

Fallen Tree Farm Bed and Breakfast 1

Danielle M Woerner · Married on 10/14/2018

My Dream Wedding

I got married at The Fallen Tree Bed and Breakfast on October 14th and it was perfect. The property is beautiful, peaceful and serene. Kim and everyone else at the property were very nice and accommodating. I had a small wedding with just my parents, son, makeup artist and photographer in attendance. After our outdoor wedding my husband, myself, mom, dad and son had a beautiful indoor dinner in a separate dining room. Our dinner was fantastic. The rooms were very nice and the next morning we had a delicious breakfast in the main dining room. My wedding was perfect and I couldn't be happier. We will definitely be back.

• Leanne

Leanne · Married on 09/22/2018

Everything I had hoped for!

We decided on Fallen Tree Farm because of the location and the rustic feel. We were definitely not disappointed! Also, everything that was included in the price of renting the venue for the weekend was more than fair.
    Kim was wonderful to work with and very easy to talk to through the entire planning process. She was very helpful and answered every question I had along the way, and she always got back to me quickly. She was also very accommodating to all of our needs.
    Our wedding day was everything we ever hoped for & it was so beautiful. Kim and her crew did a fantastic job getting the site decorated for the wedding day and everything was perfect!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Fallen Tree Farm Bed and Breakfast's reply:

We loved hosting you and Matt on your special day. You have a wonderful group of family and friends who came together to help you celebrate. Best wishes for a fabulous future together!

Martin · Married on 09/16/2018

Beautiful place with Awesome staff

We stayed at this B&B as a get away weekend and fell in love with it. We then booked our wedding there. We looked at multiple venues, and this by far was the most beautiful and most cost effective. Kim, the owner was so attentive and helpful with any question we had. On the day of the ceremony, our cake was almost 2 hours late, and Kim was about to go and get us one at the store, just to make sure that everything went perfect for our day, she truly went above and beyond for us. We will definitely continue to stay there as a mini vacation, and would definitely recommend this as a wedding venue! I am in hospitality management, and Kim and her team are definitely top of the line in my opinion!

Erin · Married on 09/08/2018

Words cannot describe how truly happy we were with everything! Kim and her staff are AMAZING! The entire grounds is a beautiful & peaceful place to be at! The food is DELICIOUS! The whole wedding party (9 total) was there from Friday 12pm to Sunday 12pm. We highly recommend Fallen Tree Farm B&B for your wedding weekend.

Thank you again Kim and the staff!

Erin · Married on 09/08/2018

Thank you again Kim and the staff!

Annmarie · Married on 09/09/2017

Warm, welcoming and absolutely charming! Choose Fallen Tree Farm if you want a beautiful setting, tucked away in a woodland setting fronting on to rolling meadows, with abundant privacy and wonderful service. This is a special place, and you will feel like it is all your own, which is so important on your wedding. All of our guests remarked on how special it felt. And how relaxed, which made all of us relax. It takes a lot of work to make a peaceful, calm venue, and that is where Kim Hanlin comes in, she is as important as the venue itself: cheerful, funny, kind, resourceful, practical. Kim's experience as a professional innkeeper shows in every detail; you can trust her judgement in every way. Kim also has harnessed an impressive network of vendors and services. We relied on her knowledge and her network, and the result was a wedding that people are still talking about. We are still glowing.

Fallen Tree Farm Bed and Breakfast 2

Katie · Married on 06/22/2017

We decided on the Elopement package at Fallen Tree Farm B&B for our wedding day and it was the perfect choice! Kim took care of EVERYTHING and made our dream wedding come to life. My husband and I agreed, we could not have asked for a more relaxing and enjoyable wedding. And better yet, we got to stay in one of their suites for the night and relax on the balcony after our families left. In the morning we were served a delicious breakfast in bed. You've got to see this place for yourself to really take in the beauty. Our photographer had a blast because there were so many amazing photo opportunities and we took advantage of as many of them as we could.

Grace · Married on 09/24/2016

Words cannot express how perfect this venue was for our wedding. We recieved so many compliments from the guests. We were able to have our dog in the wedding and stay with us the entire weekend. It was so perfect!!!

Linda · Married on 09/04/2016

I am the bride's mother. The venue is beautiful! We ran into some difficulties with a previous vendor and needed to find another ceremony site quickly. Another vendor suggested Fallen Tree. I had not heard about it before. Kim responded the same day I sent the plea for help. She was great to work with and we had everything set quickly. We received many nice comments about the venue. I would recommend this site to anyone! We used this site for the ceremony only.

Laura · Married on 08/06/2016

I recently had my wedding with 155 guests at Fallen Tree. It was an absolute fairytale! Kim and Brent were absolutely amazing and so helpful! I literally felt as if I was getting married at a family member's residence. I highly recommend brides take advantage of the weekend passage. I stayed with all 10 of my bridesmaids the night before and it was a perfect weekend getaway! I just cannot get over how great Kim, her staff and daughters were throughout the entire process. I keep reliving every moment because it was so perfect!

Ps. It did rain, like pour, 1 HR before my ceremony started. I was obviously freaking out but Kim and her staff jumped in gear and worked everything out. We were still able to start my ceremony a little later at 4:15 outside when the sun shined through the clouds!

I loved working with Kim, her husband brent was also very kind the little bit I got a chance to interact with him. The bed and breakfast was very beautiful and for once I couldn't help but reserve it right away before leaving which is very uncommon for me. I would highly recommend this place and the people that run it as they were wonderful to work with.

This was the most perfect day of my life and Kim is the best person to have arrange stuff. The whole experience was amazing. The food was out of this world and things went smoothly. The farm is unique, beautiful, and inviting. You can not go wrong having your wedding here. Fantastic!

Lisa · Married on 09/07/2014

Kim, Brent, and the Fallen Tree Farm staff made all my wedding dreams come true! Our ceremony and reception was intimate and lovely and our family and friends had a wonderful time. We were all so impressed with the food and the beauty of the surroundings. I appreciated Kim's organization and how smoothly everything flowed, but most of all the warm feeling we had there. It was like having a classy wedding at the home of a friend. We love Fallen Tree Farm and would highly recommend this experience for any special event!

My husband and I got married at Fallen Tree Farm in August and I still cannot get over how perfect the venue is. Kim was so great to work with and she and her husband were amazing at making sure everything ran smoothly. The venue is beautiful - the old home has such a cute Victorian feel and the forest surrounding the area is stunning. It is truly a unique and beautiful place to have a wedding!

Gina · Married on 08/16/2014

The Fallen Tree Farm is the absolute BEST place to get married! Kim & Brent are amazing, & so accommodating. The ceremony area was gorgeous, & the reception was phenomenal. I would recommend any bride to check this place out! I could not have imagined my amazing special day at any other venue!

Miranda · Married on 07/19/2014

Absolutely perfect! Kim went out of her way to make our wedding weekend a success. She was so accommodating on several different aspects and we really appreciated it. It was so nice to have use of the B&B for the entire weekend, it made for a no stress wedding day. The B&B was so cozy and the breakfast was delicious! The grounds at Fallen Tree make for some stunning photos, and as another bride said, there really is no need to decorate with anything extra! Worth every penny!!

Emily · Married on 07/03/2014

We had our wedding (ceremony and reception) at Fallen Tree Farm, everything about it was perfect! We wanted a small wedding and I liked the idea of having it at a B&B, since they are already such charming places you don't need to do anything to make it lovely. Not all B&Bs do weddings, so I was looking for a place that had a wedding/elopement package and also had the ability to host a luncheon for a group of 20. Fallen Tree Farm was the perfect choice.

Kim, the owner, helped coordinate everything. With the elopement package, many of the details are included, which was great for me. The officiant came as part of the package, it was a short non-denominational ceremony that was perfect for us. Kim also took care of ordering our cake and creating my flowers (we had bouquets for myself and my maid of honor and corsages for both mothers and my grandmother.) She did a lovely job with the flowers. Kim and her staff also cooked all of the food for our luncheon, everything was delicious!

As far as the venue itself, it's a lovely, peaceful country setting (though very convenient to the highway for guests.) They have a beautiful outdoor ceremony space (it's the ruins of what was once the cellar level of a barn.) For cold weather or rainy day weddings there is an indoor ceremony space that is also charming, it has a beautiful fire place that the couple would stand in front of for the ceremony. For small receptions, there is an option to dine inside or outside, both areas are pretty. If you want to have dancing though (we did not) you would need to have the reception outside and rent a tent, the indoor space can only accommodate about 20 people and there is no room for a dance floor. We ate inside because it's air conditioned and we got married on a hot July afternoon.

We loved everything about our wedding day and I've had so many compliments from our guests! Kim is great, I would recommend Fallen Tree Farm to anyone!!!!

Carol · Married on 10/05/2013

I can't say enough about this venue! First of all, it is the most beautiful setting and my fiance and I didn't spend a dime on any decorations because THEY ARE NOT NEEDED! Kim and Brent keep the place looking like something from a fairytale book! Second, the owners bend over backwards to provide a perfect day for you! Third, the food provided was absolutely delicious and the portion sizes were fair! You didn't get two bites of a steak, you got a decent portion and you could cut it with a butter knife it was tender and cooked to perfection! Third, the owners make you feel very special and you feel like you have known them forever! We plan to go back again for future anniversaries or just a weekend getaway! Love this place! I could HIGHLY recommend to anyone!

Tracy · Married on 09/21/2013

Fallen Tree Farm was the setting for my daughter's wedding on September 21, 2013. I certainly wish I could give more than five stars for value, because with it's privacy yet availability to services, beauty, appointments and details, it's VALUE based on services for your dollar is by far the best in the area for wedding venues. Kim and Brent are engaging, compassionate and relaxed hosts. The house, gardens and wedding spaces are unique, and well maintained and decorated which makes for gorgeous photos anywhere you choose to take them! For us, having the grooms family and special guests stay on site took a load of stress off of giving directions and worrying about out-of-towners getting lost. Plus, they were so well taken care of! So much better than just any old hotel...what a wonderful way to welcome them as new family members! I was truly appreciative of Kim and Brent making sure these important folks were taken care of as well as I would in my home. The wedding day itself was a truly wonderful day despite weather that didn't want to cooperate. Kim and Brent worked tirelessly to make sure the ceremony space was as dry as possible for the one small window of "no rain" we had to have the ceremony outside, because they knew this was the kids' fondest wish for their wedding, and even though they knew that we had a fall-back plan to have the ceremony undercover. Kim worked so well with all our vendors and together all of them made a beautiful day happen, despite glitches and minor roadblocks we only learned of after the issue had been resolved! If you are looking for the perfect venue in which to have a beautifully memorable wedding, that treats your guests like gold, for the best use of your wedding venue budget I highly recommend Fallen Tree Farm!

Tera · Married on 05/26/2013

Our daughter's wedding at Fallen Tree Farm was absolutely perfect. When we discovered the venue we felt like we were walking into a fairly tale, this location is truly a hidden charm. Kim spent close to 2 years helping us plan, organize and coordinate the event. She and Brent are responsive, professional and most of all...really fantastic people. The grounds were amazing, the ceremony site was stunning. We went to Kim often with questions and her suggestions made the wedding everything my daughter and her new husband hoped for. From the table set up to the lighting to the ceremony music, Kim knows what works. She took the time to get to know us and made meaningful suggestions. She also let us know when something might be difficult to pull off. Last minute concerns are NO PROBLEM for Kim, she can handle ANYTHING. It is obvious Kim & Brent's goal is to make the day special for the bride and groom. Thank you Kim & Brent for a beautiful day, great memories and for putting up with us! We are so happy we chose Fallen Tree Farm for Tera & Tyler's wedding.

Erin · Married on 05/11/2013

Kim and Brent did an amazing job helping us plan our wedding and answering any questions we had. On our wedding day it was raining all morning. Brent watched the weather radar and we were able to have a beautiful ceremony. Fallen Tree Farm is a perfect venue. Our wedding day couldn't have gone any better. Thanks Kim and Brent!

Teresa · Married on 10/20/2012

Brent and Kim were awesome hosts and were very easy to work with and were very accommodating. The inn and grounds are gorgeous. Our wedding could not have been more perfect! The price was comparable to other venues; however, we got a lot more for our money because the rooms for some overnight guests and the bride & groom were included in the price as well as breakfast, the flowers for the ceremony area were also included; and we were allowed to use the grounds for the rehearsal dinner. They also have a list of recommended businesses that they work with and one was a caterer who was extremely reasonable and the food was very good. We used that vendor for both our rehearsal dinner and reception. Brent and Kim work VERY hard and it shows. The inn and rooms were also very clean and beautifully decorated. The inn is historic which we also loved; my husband's wedding attire was a reproduction 18th century French colonial uniform made by the former tailor of Colonial Williamsburg.

Lucy · Married on 10/13/2012

Fallen Tree Farm was as close to perfect as I could imagine. The location is beautiful--historic without being frilly, individual without being difficult, and rural without being remote. We rented the Farm for the entire weekend, which gave us full run of the place and made things far more relaxed. My fiance's entire family stayed at the Farm, which gave them a home base in my home town, and they loved it. There are a thousand little touches (fires laid in the fireplaces, constant supplies of coffee, snacks in the afternoon) that make staying there both easy and a joy.

Kim is phenomenal. She was on top of everything for the entire wedding, including chasing down some of my vendors who had fallen out of the loop. She organized the rentals, was entirely flexible about my constantly-changing seating plans, and made sure that every detail on her end was taken care of. When we had our rehearsal the morning of the wedding, she cooked up extra food for all the attendants, without blinking an eye. And she makes sure that the bride and groom have food before the wedding--it's that kind of detail that makes things run so smoothly. Honestly, working with her was one of the biggest highlights of the wedding planning experience.

The wedding itself was stunning. The location couldn't have been more beautiful--perfect for our aesthetic. It was relaxed and fun and even a little funky, but still elegant. We had 140 people, which fit in the space easily. We invited children, who were fascinated by the horses; we invited grandparents, who were fascinated by the house; and we invited our friends, who loved that they had to walk only twenty yards from the ceremony to the bar and dance floor.

I would recommend Fallen Tree Farm in a heartbeat.

amanda · Married on 09/22/2012

Kim and Brent have a beautiful location for wedding. Kim is very helpful and answered all of my questions. She takes you step by step to make sure your wedding is perfect. Friendly, easy to work with, and easy to get intouch with, they deal with all the setup so you don't have that to worry about. The house is gorgeous. Breakfast is amazing, we will be returning in the future.