Faith & Beauty Reviews

Faith & Beauty 2
Faith & Beauty 3
Faith & Beauty 4

Carla · Married on 09/21/2018

Amazing work!! They did the best bride make up and hair/ thank you for make me feel like a real queen

Faith & Beauty 5

Carolyn · Married on 08/02/2018

I could not have been happier with Faith and Beauty! Gemina was so sweet and easy to work with. She was on time and so helpful. My hair and makeup were absolutely gorgeous.

Faith & Beauty 6

Carissa · Married on 05/22/2018

You absolutely need to hire Gemina!! I cannot say ENOUGH wonderful things about her and her team!! There is a reason Faith & Beauty has so many awesome reviews, they definitely earned every one of them! Gemina and her team are absolutely amazing. We hired them for our destination wedding in Hawaii. I was so beyond nervous about hiring a hair and makeup artist without getting to meet them in person first. It was such a gamble! Their work would be in our wedding photos and video forever!! However, I was so happy when I met Gemina! She was so cool, calm, and down to Earth. She was just so beyond easy to work with. And oh my gosh does she KNOW how to do hair and makeup!!!! She is amazingly talented! I showed her a couple of pictures of what I was thinking and she went above and beyond anything I could have ever have asked for! I felt absolutely amazing! A few of the bridesmaids and moms got theirs done as well, and they ALL looked stunning! I can't thank Gemina and her team enough!!

Hayley · Married on 05/10/2018

Gemina was absolutely great! Her team showed up on time and I loved the work they created from makeup to hair for all my bridesmaid and mothers. She made sure that everyone was happy with the way they looked before leaving.

Ashley · Married on 03/10/2018

What can I say...Gemina is like a fairy godmother with a makeup palette and an airbrush! Gemina and her assistant did our hair and makeup for my wedding last month. I will let my before and after photo as well as the photo of my hair do the talking. She is very, very good with listening to what the bride wants (trust me, I am crazy picky but indecisive) and I trusted her and her skills. She also has a great personality and will make you feel at ease (if not laughing the whole time)! She makes you look like a more beautiful, radiant, and glowing self without overdoing the makeup and making you look fake. Brides: book Gemina if you want that awesome, bridal, I'm getting married-kind of look. You and your pictures/video won't regret it ;)

Faith & Beauty 7
    Faith & Beauty 8

Camille · Married on 02/08/2018

Amazing!! Gemina and her crew were amazing! She knew what I wanted even though I didn’t know what I wanted!! She did my wedding party and we all loved our hair and make up! They were so easy to get along with and made sure we were all happy before we left!

ANGELA · Married on 01/20/2018

Gemina is the best makeup on Oahu! She is so sweet and professional, but also makes you feel like family. We had so much in common but come from different parts of the world. Gemina and her assistant did our hair and makeup for my wedding in January and the work is flawless. I had a total of 5 bridesmaids plus myself. She was on time, and assured me the work would be done fast. I love her airbrush technique that lasted well throughout the night with all the humidity in Hawaii. My hair was half up half down and lasted throughout the night, and well into the next day. All my maids chose to do updo's and theirs was perfect the next day as well. I did come out for a trial run in August and I'm glad I did because it made it less worrisome for myself and my 'maids BUT it wasn't necessary. The photos don't lie. I originally found Gemina through instagram and then followed up through Yelp and theknot

• I

Icelynn · Married on 07/22/2017

We are the RUBIOs and tied the knot on July 22nd, 2017. We hired Gemina from Faith and Beauty to do hair and makeup for the Bride and bridal party that included 5 Maids and 1 Flower girl. We first saw her at a wedding expo at NBC and hired her immediately. We also trailed H&M ahead of time and used that session for an engagement shoot. We love Gemina as a MUA, she does fantastic work! For hair, she incorporated a halo hairpiece and styled my wedding hair beautifully. The size of our wedding party required Gemina and a second MUA, they both did amazing work! My maids loved both their hair and makeup. Our flower girl also enjoyed her experience. We also hired Gemina to cover a small tattoo over the brides shoulder; coverage was awesome and looked flawless in our wedding photos. As the bride I was very happy with the results. Faith and Beauty was prompt the morning of my wedding day. My planner was able to provide the details of my location and Gemina had no trouble finding the bridal party at Turtle Bay Resort. Gemina completed the entire bridal party on schedule and in time for photo and video. She was also a team player allowing video and photo to capture candid's of applying makeup and putting on the veil. I would love to hire her again to do my hair and makeup for a future special event!

Lee · Married on 05/17/2017

Words can not describe how impressed I was with Gemina Chong from Faith & Beauty.. she did makeup and hair for my nanna who is 84years, makeup on my mother and my hair and makeup.. Just take a look at the photos they say it all. She listened to everybody that I told her I wanted and went above and beyond for my special day! It was amazing.. I can not recommend her enough .. Everybody at my wedding was so impressed

Kind regards,

Mrs Lee Champion

Lauren · Married on 04/28/2017

Gemina did my hair and makeup for my engagement photos and my wedding, and also styled my 4 bridesmaids' hair. She did such a great job, exactly the looks I wanted! My makeup was very natural but still photographed extremely well. The hairstyles she gave my bridal party and I also went along with the more casual, romantic look I was going for, but also lasted long and looked amazing. Her prices were super reasonable and I'm very satisfied with the value she provided. Would definitely recommend!

Jessica · Married on 08/20/2016

Gemina is hands down THE BEST! First of all, she's a seriously awesome person and I had a ton of fun with her, and second, she made me look and feel absolutely BEAUTIFUL on my wedding day! My very honest girlfriends and mother all said that they had seen me look pretty before, but never anything close to this; And needless to say my now husband was totally and completely blown away! My makeup even survived a torrential wedding downpour (big Hawaiian blessing)... What more could a bride ask for?? Highly recommend her to everyone! Thank you for everything Gemina!!!

Sent on 08/28/2016

Faith & Beauty's reply:

Jessica! Thank you so much for your kind words. YOU my dear were amazing and literally you made me feel like I fit right in =) Im so glad I was able to win mom over and also got the stamp of approval from the pals and ESPECIALLY the hubs. So awesome to get to see you again on the plain right home (RANDOM). Thank you for letting me play a small part of your most special day. I wish you nothing but awesomeness in your new road ahead and REMEMBER to follow your dreams girlfrayn. YOU SO GOT THIS!!!

Erin · Married on 08/18/2016

Gemina did a great job at my wedding. I had to depend on a preferred vendor list and reviews to book my Hair and MUA)for our destination, and after reading her stellar reviews, I was set. All of the girls loved their updos (especially the littles) and she did a phenomenal job with my hair and makeup. I am not someone who wears a lot of makeup or does much with my hair outside of a pontytail, but she was able to bring to live the picture I had in my mind and she made me feel glamorous and beautiful for the day. My husband was just floored! She is amazing and I am so grateful to have had her part of my day!

Susannah · Married on 08/14/2016

I am so thankful I went with Faith & Beauty for my hair and make up. Gemina listened to my thoughts and created the look for my hair and makeup I had imagined. She was friendly, polite and very personable. Could not have been happier. Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/05/2016

Faith & Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Susannah for allowing me to be apart of your big day! I hope everything went amazing!

Christina · Married on 08/13/2016

I was actually pretty nervous when I had to find a make up & hair service for my destination wedding. I probably emailed 5 different make up artists, but Faith & Beauty stood out to me personally as Gemina was responsive and really friendly on her emails. She was also willing to travel to my Waikiki condo to do a last minute hair & make up trial (3 days before my big day!). That just made things so much more convenient for me. Gemina did a great job even on the trial! She listened to my likes and dislikes, what my daily hair & make up routine are. She also made sure I wrote some notes on how the make up & hair holds up during that trial day. She's really sweet, funny, easy going, accommodating, and talented. I think Faith & Beauty is reasonably priced - also, payments could be done online (yay!).

On my big day, she came on time with her assistant. I wasn't even nervous during the make up & hair session, Gemina and her assistant made all my girls feel so comfortable and stress-free. They were VERY accommodating to my needs as well as for the bridal party - that includes 2 mothers and 2 bridesmaids. They also used airbrush foundation, which made our skins look so flawless and stayed flawless for 8+ hours! Thank you so much for being so patient with us and doing such an AWESOME job on everyone. You made all of us feel so beautiful, especially me, on my once-in-a-lifetime wedding, so blessed to have known you. I highly recommend Gemina's hair and make up services!

Lisa · Married on 08/08/2016

Go with Gemina - YOU CANNOT GO WRONG!! Ironically, I found the exact make-up I wanted for my beach wedding on her website. I knew it as soon as I saw it! She's sweet and personable and really makes you feel comfortable. I knew I chose the right person when on my trial day my mom and best friend kept telling me I needed "more of this" or "have it more like that" and Gemina whispered into my ear "Don't worry, we can do whatever YOU want." She knew how I was feeling and immediately put me at ease. I loved, loved my hair and make-up - it was EVERYTHING I imagined...simple, elegant and beautiful. THANK YOU, GEMINA!!!

Deborah · Married on 05/21/2016

No need to call anyone else, Faith & Beauty is all you need.
    I could on and on about this and that, simple truth is Faith & Beauty is the one to call.
    On time, understanding, flexible....... etc
    don't waste your time checking around - the best has been found

Adelle · Married on 05/18/2016

Gemina was AH-mazing! I was not 100% sure on how I wanted my makeup when she showed up to Dillingham Ranch but she blew it out of this world. I felt like the most beautiful bride and the look on my grooms face said it all. She is such a beautiful person inside & out-- I can not wait to see her again for our 1 year anniversary trip back to the island!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Faith & Beauty's reply:

Adelle! This review made my heart so full. Thank you for the kind kind words. They mean so much to me and I'm so glad that I could be apart of such a very special intimate day. You and your family are very special. I wish you nothing but the best in your new journey ahead and YES please reach out when you come back and visit =)

Tammie · Married on 04/08/2016

She was all around amazing! I would recommend her to everyone! My husband got tears eyed when he seen me and that's all I wanted!

Gemina was one of my favorite vendors! I found Gemina through the bridal expo. I didn't actually meet her at the expo, but loved her brochure style. She listened to all my requests and looked at all my inspiration pictures and came up with a beautiful look during my trial. On the big day she was so fun to work with and my bridesmaids even loved her and her assistant Heather. We had a lot of laughs that morning. My makeup and hair stayed put throughout the whole day and night. It looked amazing and I felt like a princess. I highly recommend Gemina and will not hesitate to hire her again for any future special occasions where I need to look fancy.

Kara · Married on 03/12/2016

Gemina came with high recommendations and I'm so glad I got to work with her on our best day. She has a quick response time and is very organized. I really appreciated having all the contract details up front and I really liked her online contract and payment system. My coordinator suggested a trial and Gemina travels to you so we ended up doing the trial the day before at the venue which worked out really well and was convenient. I loved my and my bridesmaid's makeup and hair. Gemina also did my mother's hair and makeup and my mom was hesitant at first when I suggested professional hair and makeup and in the end she said she was glad she did it :)
    You will not regret booking Faith & Beauty for your wedding!

I was very nervous about hiring a hair and make up artist for my destination wedding in Hawaii. I wasn't one of those fortunate people who could fly to the islands early and pick everything out prior to the wedding. I honestly don't even remember how I found F&B but I'm so grateful I did. Gemina was able to come to the rental where the wedding was and was amazing.
    Let me give you some insight...I'm not in my 20's and I'm not those models you see in every wedding catalog. I got braces in my 30's, yes 30's, and had them on for the wedding. Also, the day before the ceremony I got a HORRIBLE sunburn with the sunglasses marks on your face. Gasp! OMG...this was a nightmare. Anyway, Gemina rocked! I got the pictures back and you can't even see the sunburn lines. It is honestly the most beautiful I have ever felt and I'm now hooked on having my hair and make up done for any big event!
    I'd recommend her in a heartbeat!

samantha · Married on 02/22/2016

Being a bride with a destination wedding, it was very daunting not knowing exactly how the hair and make up will look until I arrived in Hawaii. Gemina was an absolute angel!! She listened to what I wanted and her work was absolutely perfect. My hair and make up looked flawless and I cannot thank her enough! Don't ever second guess booking Gemina, she is worth every penny! I am an Australian bride and Gemina was happy to come to my hotel for the hair and make up trial. She was professional, laid back and made me feel like an absolute princess on my wedding day. I absolutely recommend Gemina and her services. From the bottom of my heart, thank you Gemina!

Gigi · Married on 12/16/2015

Gemina and her colleague were such a pleasure to work with! We booked both hair and make up for my bridal party for a destination wedding in Hawaii on December 16, 2015. She came highly recommended and we are so glad that we booked with her. We just received our photos and my bridal party and I couldn't be happier with the way we looked on my special day :) Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts!

Mercedes · Married on 08/25/2015

Gemmina was referred to me by the person that helped me find my dress at David's Bridal who is originally from Hawaii. I lost the card where her name was located and then ended up doing a Yelp search and contacted another makeup and hair stylist who said she was full but referred me to her as well. After receiving her info, I found her card and realized that she was the same person I was referred to originally. This made me realize that I had to use her. I contacted her via yelp and she replied promptly and was extremely accommodating. She first met me for a trial run 2 days before wedding and was amazing and a joy to work with. I was not sure what I wanted and she listened to my ideas and photos I showed her. She gave me exactly what I wanted. I loved the fact that she wrote notes and took pictures and asked me to let her know about any changes I wanted based on that initial experience. On the day of my wedding, she arrived exactly at the time she said she would and had a schedule that she closely followed. She did my hair and makeup and my daughter's hair (flower girl) and my best friend's hair and makeup. We were both extremely impressed with her work and loved the final product. I loved my hair and makeup for the actual wedding and it held up for a hot beach ceremony. I loved the fact that she accommodated me and was willing to work with me even though I was a "solo bride and flower girl " job and did not have bridesmaids. I would definitely recommend her to any bride looking to have a beautiful hair and makeup job for their big day. My pictures turned out amazing and she made my day extra special.

Sent on 08/27/2015

Faith & Beauty's reply:

Thank you much for allowing me to play a small part of on yiur special day! It was such a JOY to get to know you Cathy and Mackayla! I wish you noting but amazing things to you in you new adventure :) congratulations!!!!