37 Reviews for Exquisite Wedding Cakes

Cake Stands (7)
Cupcakes (6)
Cake Pops (2)
34 Exquisite Wedding Cakes Reviews

I would highly recommend Exquisite Wedding Cakes! Our 3-tier buttercream cake was both beautiful and delicious. I wanted something just simple and elegant for our wedding cake, and Louisa gave us just that. We live about 2 hours away from our venue, and Louisa made it very easy for us with her quick email responses and option to pay for the cake via PayPal. We are looking forward to going back to York for our 1-year anniversary cake in May!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/19/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Cake Stands, Consultations, Delivery, Private Tastings, Cakes

Louisa is a talented, vivacious, professional and special pastry chef and vendor. Our wedding consisted of individual cupcakes for guests and were a hit! We barely had any left over! Thank you Louisa, for making our day so SPECIAL!

Profile Picture Erin, 5/13/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Louisa was such a pleasure to work with. She was so unbelievably sweet that even if her cakes weren't amazing we still probably would have hired her (except her cake skills are on point too!). The tasting was awesome, we got to choose 3 cake flavors to try and then she really helped guide us in making the right decisions for our wedding cake, like how much we actually needed and how big our cake topper could be to make sure it fit. And she was open to my ideas for decoration, combining elements that I'd seen in photos of her previous work and then asking her to make edelweiss frosting flowers on the top as a small nod to my ancestry. I can't recommend her highly enough.

Profile Picture Katrina, 4/28/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cake Stands

The wedding cake was so pretty, and everybody commented on how this was the BEST cake and icing they have ever had! Louisa you are awesome! Thank You for making our special day perfect ❤️

Profile Picture Anne, 1/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Louisa was amazing to work with! Her cakes are so super delicious, and very affordable (her buttercream is the best I have ever had, hands down). Her cakes are beautiful too, and she got the colors of the flowers to match our actual flowers perfectly. I fully recommend Exquisite Wedding Cakes!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 11/11/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Louisa is such a personable person and has the BEST tasting cake around. From the initial meeting Rick & I knew she was a perfect match with her artistic vision and amazing tasting cake. We went with a 4 tiered cake (the bottom was Styrofoam) each with a different flavor (Chocolate with Mocha buttercream, strawberry with vanilla buttercream and homemade strawberry preserves, yellow cake with vanilla buttercream). Her finished product turned out better than imagined and her pricing is very affordable!

Profile Picture Kayla, 10/28/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Louisa at Exquisite Wedding Cakes is literally the sweetest woman I have ever met. We met with her and had our tasting. While describing my wedding dress and wedding colors to her, she was so vibrant and into it. She was excited and eager to listen. The ideas she gave for our cupcakes and small cake to cut were simple and elegant - just what we had asked for. Louisa was so easy to work with. Her cakes are amazing and delicious! Both my husband & I are not big on sweets and we really enjoyed the flavors that we chose. One the day of our wedding Louisa was there at the venue dropping the desserts off. She was so excited to see me and gave me a hug - I love that she is so personal and friendly. Our guests LOVED our cupcakes. They were decorated so beautifully. Thank you Louisa!

Profile Picture Sara, 8/25/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cupcakes

I'm the groom. I'm a guy, what do I care about wedding cakes? Well let me tell you, Louisa, not only an awesome person but can really bake. We had a free tasting and by tasting I mean a time to sit and relax and eat with Louisa who will literally brighten your day. The cakes we're downright delicious. My wife had some pretty specific Pinterest ideas and Louisa nailed it. I've never seen a girl cry when she saw a cake until my wife saw our wedding cake. She made us cupcakes and cake pops and people are still talking about them. You must be thinking, "okay, how many thousands of dollars is this going to cost me?" thats where you're wrong. SHE WAS THE MOST INEXPENSIVE BAKER WE FOUND. I don't get it but ya'll better snatch her up before she realizes the talent she has.

Profile Picture Jake, 8/18/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Cake Pops, Cakes, Cupcakes

Louisa is INCREDIBLE!!! Hiring her is one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day. I had pretty specific requests for what I wanted, so I sent her some pictures, and what she created came out even BETTER than what I sent! Plus, for her quality of work, she is super affordable. Hire her for your big day before she realizes how amazing her work truly is. :) I HIGHLY recommend Exquisite Cakes!

Profile Picture Jamie, 8/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Pops, Cakes, Cupcakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Louisa is such a personable, charming lady who I adored working with! She gave us a free consultation and cake tasting (our choice of three different flavors with three different fillings) and was so ambitious to achieve my vision. When I explained to her what I wanted she got so incredibly excited and couldn't stop saying how stunning it was gonna look. She had the most passion and creative eye out of all the vendors we looked at. And when the day came and the cake arrived--it truly looked STUNNING. So professional and beautiful and better than I imagined! She was easily able to do things I wanted that none of the other vendors could do. Firstly I wanted navy blue frosting, which she said she could easily concoct herself, and then I wanted buttercream yet it was an outdoor reception in humid July. All other vendors told me I had to do fondant otherwise it would melt, but Louisa said "no problem!" and trained the buttercream to adjust to room and then outdoor temperatures in her own kitchen. And guess what? My cake stood sturdy in high 80s temperatures outdoors. Her store was an hour away but she was able to deliver with NO extra charge, and we also got to use one of her beautiful cake stands with no extra charge. We did a three tier cake, each tier a different flavor with different fillings (and she is willing to create new flavors upon request, like blue velvet and banana marble) all to no extra charge. Her flavors, even the cheapest ones that I picked from, have so much variety and uniqueness. There's not just chocolate and yellow, but maple, gingerbread, almond, pumpkin spice, pound, funfetti, and many more! My guests raved about how delicious the cake was and there were NO leftovers by the end of that very night! And the best part: she was the CHEAPEST out of all the vendors we investigated! All of that amazing service and quality at such a low price?? What a treasure!

Profile Picture Monica, 7/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands

Louisa was a doll! She was so sweet and responsive to what we were looking for. She seemed so excited to do the job and kept us engaged the entire time! Plus her cakes are delicious!!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I cannot say enough good things about Louisa (and her business!) She makes cakes out of her kitchen and she is just the kind of person you'd want to laugh over coffee with, but also the type you'd want to make your wedding cake! Extremely personable, accommodating and BY FAR the best bang for your buck. I was lucky enough to have many good vendors but this was the best of them all. Her cakes are very classic, romantic and professional...exactly what I wanted. I hope Louisa will make me a cake for other events in the future!

Profile Picture User6740554, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

There are not enough stars for this lady!! Louisa was a joy to work with and always had a smile on her face! Our tasting was delicious! Our wedding cake was "The cake of the year"! She is the most talented cake decorator! Our cake was so delicious, the only problem was...we did not get to eat enough of it! We also had cake pops which she placed our wedding sticker on so that we could give them our as part of our favors. She even went out of her way to get a cake stand to match our wedding colors. I wish she did more than just wedding cakes...she would be my go to baker! We are looking forward to our fresh anniversary cake in the future:). You will NOT be disappointed with Louisa! Look no where else. BOOK NOW! -Ashley & Andy

Profile Picture Andrew, 10/22/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Louisa was such a joy to work with! Being a Baker myself I knew I had high expectations. She was in touch with me within 1 day when I initially inquired, and her response time to questions and appts was quite often less than that. Her personality and passion for her cakes shined through even through phone calls. Her cakes are amazing, wonderf.flavor, never dry, and her buttercream is to die for! I can't wait until I have another reason to order a fake from her!! It was so delicious! She will be my recommendation for any friends needing a wedding cake!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Louisa was such a great help from the cake tasting to the wedding day. If I had any questions she was always there to answer them. The cake was absolutely delicious and affordable I'm so happy we decided to go with Exquisite Wedding Cakes. We went to three different cake tastings and she was the most reasonable price. If I need anything in the future cake wise I will come to Exquisite Wedding Cakes!!!!

Profile Picture Jonette, 9/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I could not have asked for a better experience when choosing the person to create my wedding cake and cupcakes. Louisa was such a pleasure to work with-she knew exactly what I wanted and made the process so easy and worry free!!! Everyone at my wedding raved about how delicious her cupcakes were (as did I)-they were a hit! If I ever need a cake or cupcakes again for an event, I would without a doubt go here. If you are looking for someone to make your wedding cake, I highly recommend Louisa. You will not be disappointed with Exquisite Wedding Cakes!!!!

Profile Picture Kim, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We absolutely loved working with Louisa. She is passionate about her craft and it shows in her work. She has a fun, flexible personality and is very easy to work with. She was quick to respond and had a great vision for our cupcakes/ cake. We received many compliments on the appearance and taste of our cupcakes from guests. We highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Amy, 6/17/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes, Cupcakes

My husband and I could not have picked a better person than Louisa to make our wedding cake! She is so much fun to work with, the cake was gorgeous, and it tasted amazing! After compromising a bit on the design and decorations of our cake, my husband and I ended up with a lot of specific details for the cake. Louisa followed through on every last one of them! I also cannot say enough about how delicious our cake was! In fact, both our photographer and DJ, who try many different cakes a year, approached us and asked who made the cake because it was one of the best they have ever had. Even in weeks following our wedding, we had family and friends ask us who made the cake because it was so delicious! Also, the pricing would be hard to beat--such a great value!!

Louisa was wonderful to work with. Of all our wedding vendors, Louisa would receive my highest recommendation! We couldn't have been happier with our wedding cake!!

Profile Picture Candice, 4/30/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My son and his wife chose Louisa, owner of Exquisite Cakes, to design their wedding cake. Hands down this was the most gorgeous and best tasting cake I have ever had! She met with the couple for a cake tasting and design plan a few months before the wedding. I accompanied them and we all had a great experience. Louisa made us feel so comfortable. She had everyone laughing by the end of the session.
Several guests at the wedding raved about the delicious taste of the cake and how beautiful the buttetcream flowers looked !
I am looking forward to our next special event so that I can call upon Louisa for another beautiful cake!

Profile Picture Karol, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Louisa was fantastic to work with. We received a custom designed, four-tiered cake for 1/3 the price of most other places. She listened to what we wanted and put in her own ideas to help. The cake is delicious as well!

Profile Picture Dana, 1/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Louisa was amazing. She went above and beyond to make my wedding cake special and beautiful. She also has the best butter cream I have ever tasted it's not super sweet like most.

Profile Picture Malena, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Cakes

Louisa is simply the warmest, most wonderful vendor I had the pleasure of meeting during my wedding planning. Her prices are fantastic and the quality of her work is stunning! Everyone at our reception, even the hotel staff, remarked at how beautiful the cupcakes were. She was very open to our ideas and executed them exactly how I pictured them. If I dare rave about this woman anymore, her Red Velvet cake is the absolute best I, or any of our guests, have ever tasted!

Profile Picture Meg, 9/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cupcakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Louisa is truly an artist! She took my daughters vision and created the most beautiful cake. The cake was not only beautiful beyond our dreams, it was delicious. Everyone at the wedding had nothing but positive comments. Thank you Louisa for making my daughter and son-in-law’s day even more special! I will definitely recommend you and will reach out to you when I have a need for special cake, perhaps maybe a baby shower! :)

Profile Picture Wendy, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Awesome! Words can not say how I was respected, felt like I was center of attention, and filled with compassion. So, grateful for the Louisa and her passion for her profession. She made my wedding day, with the horrible rain we had that day and then became a beautiful cermony & reception with our beautiful cake!!
thank you so much!!