Exquisite Wedding Cakes Reviews

Exquisite Wedding Cakes 6
Exquisite Wedding Cakes 7
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 08/18/2018

Louisa is AMAZING! She made us the best cake we have ever had! She made us a marble cake with chocolate icing. Everyone was so impressed with her work. She takes such pride in her work and it really shows! From the beginning she was great to work with! I gave her an idea of what i wanted and she ran with it! You could tell she spent a lot of time on our cake as well! I would 100000% do use her again!

Sent on 08/26/2018
    Exquisite Wedding Cakes 8
    Exquisite Wedding Cakes 9
    Exquisite Wedding Cakes 10
    Exquisite Wedding Cakes 11

Exquisite Wedding Cakes's reply:

Aw. Kayla. Thank you so so much for this surprise review. Lol. I truly appreciate you taking the time to do this right after your wedding. Lol. Honestly, it was a pleasure to make this cake. It truly is one of my favorite cakes for sure. Thanks so much for allowing me to be a part of your special day and a big CONGRATULATIONS to you both. Looking forward to seeing next year for your wedding anniversary cake.

Jennifer · Married on 08/11/2018

Louisa was such a pleasure to work with. She made the whole experience working with her so seamless and stress free. We came in for our tasting and fell in love with her and our cake flavor! We talked about what we were looking for and she took over the rest with no problem. As a bride I was really comfortable with trusting her judgement and executing on my vision. I sent her one picture and some of my thoughts and she really created a masterpiece. So many people at our wedding came up to us and asked where the cake from and how amazing it was. Even some of the kids at the wedding were in awe and couldn't believe it was real! I give all of that credit to Louisa ! I cannot wait for our one year anniversary to taste our cake once again!

Sent on 08/19/2018
    Exquisite Wedding Cakes 12

Exquisite Wedding Cakes's reply:

Aaawww Jennifer. Thank you so much for this heartwarming review. Wow. I feel so humbled. I have to say though that it was such a pleasure and mega fun meeting both of you, which made the whole wedding cake process such a joy. Thank you so much for taking the time review me and of course a big CONGRATULATIONS to you both. Can’t wait to see you next year for your anniversary cake. Thanks so much once again.

Courtney · Married on 07/21/2018

Louisa was the sweetest person to work with for my wedding cake! I am so glad I found her when I was searching for vendors. She is absolutely amazing at what she does! She does the most beautiful buttercream flowers and designs! She has cake stands she will let you borrow so you don't need to worry about buying one. Her cupcakes were big enough for everyone to just enjoy one. Everything was perfect. My cake and cupcakes were so beautiful. She did a fantastic job and she was so fun to work with! I love supporting small businesses and you can tell she pours her heart into her work. I will be highly recommending Exquisite Wedding Cakes!

Sent on 08/07/2018
    Exquisite Wedding Cakes 13

Exquisite Wedding Cakes's reply:

Hahaha. Aaaawwww Courtney. Thank you so so much for this heart felt review. Honestly, it was simply a pleasure working with you both. The joy truly was all mine. I’m just glad I was able to contribute to your special day and so glad I got to see you in your STUNNING dress. Thanks so much for taking the time to review me and a big congratulations to you both. Can’t wait to see you next year for your complimentary anniversary cake!

Holly · Married on 06/30/2018

Louisa is fabulous! We loved meeting with her to discuss her design ideas and to try her fabulous cakes. We ended up getting a small wedding cake and cupcakes in 3 different favors/designs. Our guests RAVED about Louisa's delicious creations and my husband and I were thrilled about how the designs turned out. Louisa is talented, kind, and really captures your wishes on your wedding day. If you are looking for wedding cakes or cupcakes in the Lancaster/York area, give Louisa a call! She will not disappoint!

Sent on 10/06/2018
    Exquisite Wedding Cakes 14
    Exquisite Wedding Cakes 15
    Exquisite Wedding Cakes 16

Exquisite Wedding Cakes's reply:

Aaaawww. Thank you so so much Holly. Honestly, the pleasure was truly all mine. I’m just very glad that I was able to to be a part of and add to the joy of your wedding and also glad that your guests enjoyed the cakes. Can’t wait to see you next year for your anniversary cake and a huge congratulations to you both!

Asia · Married on 06/23/2018

This was the most delicious cake! Had such a good experience at the cake tasting and then the day of the wedding everything was taken care of without a hitch! I highly recommend Exquisite Wedding Cakes.

Sent on 07/13/2018
    Exquisite Wedding Cakes 17

Exquisite Wedding Cakes's reply:

Ahahahaha lol lol. Aaawww. Asia, just saw this review. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Wow. You look AMAZING!!!!!!! Truly stunning. Lol. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your special day. A big congratulations to you both. Since your anniversary cake must have been thrown out or eaten (lol), let me know whenever you’re in the area and I’ll be super happy to make you another one! Thanks so much for taking the time to review me. All the best on your marriage.

Emily · Married on 05/19/2018

I would highly recommend Exquisite Wedding Cakes! Our 3-tier buttercream cake was both beautiful and delicious. I wanted something just simple and elegant for our wedding cake, and Louisa gave us just that. We live about 2 hours away from our venue, and Louisa made it very easy for us with her quick email responses and option to pay for the cake via PayPal. We are looking forward to going back to York for our 1-year anniversary cake in May!

Sent on 07/16/2018
    Exquisite Wedding Cakes 18
    Exquisite Wedding Cakes 19
    Exquisite Wedding Cakes 20
    Exquisite Wedding Cakes 21

Exquisite Wedding Cakes's reply:

Aaawwww Emily!! Thank you so much for such a lovely review. I truly appreciate it. Honestly, you guys just make the process so easy. It was truly like making a cake for dear friends. You were such a pleasure to be around. I’m just glad I had the pleasure of contributing to your special day. Thanks so much for taking the time to review me. The pictures are GORGEOUS!!! Lol. Can’t wait to see you next year for anniversary cake and a big CONGRATULATIONS to you both.

Erin · Married on 05/13/2018

Louisa is a talented, vivacious, professional and special pastry chef and vendor. Our wedding consisted of individual cupcakes for guests and were a hit! We barely had any left over! Thank you Louisa, for making our day so SPECIAL!

Sent on 05/28/2018

Exquisite Wedding Cakes's reply:

Awe Erin. Thank you so so much for your lovely review. I truly appreciate it. It was truly a pleasure meeting you and your now hubby along with your sweet mom. Lol. So glad that you trusted me with your cakes for your special day and for allowing me to be a part of it. I’m so glad everyone enjoyed them. Lol. Can’t wait to see you again next year for your anniversary cake and most important, a big CONGRATULATIONS to you both. Thanks so much once again.
  • katrina.hansen

Katrina · Married on 04/28/2018

Louisa was such a pleasure to work with. She was so unbelievably sweet that even if her cakes weren't amazing we still probably would have hired her (except her cake skills are on point too!). The tasting was awesome, we got to choose 3 cake flavors to try and then she really helped guide us in making the right decisions for our wedding cake, like how much we actually needed and how big our cake topper could be to make sure it fit. And she was open to my ideas for decoration, combining elements that I'd seen in photos of her previous work and then asking her to make edelweiss frosting flowers on the top as a small nod to my ancestry. I can't recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 05/09/2018

Exquisite Wedding Cakes's reply:

Aaaaawwwweee. Katrina. I literally cried reading this review. I seriously cannot thank you enough for what you wrote. Oh my word. Seriously, the pleasure was truly all mine. I’m just glad that I was able to add a little joy to your special day. Thank you both so much for trusting me with your cake for your very special day and a big congratulations to you both. You’ve made me really happy. Thank you so much.

Anne · Married on 01/06/2018

The wedding cake was so pretty, and everybody commented on how this was the BEST cake and icing they have ever had! Louisa you are awesome! Thank You for making our special day perfect ❤️

Exquisite Wedding Cakes 22
    Exquisite Wedding Cakes 23

Jennifer · Married on 11/11/2017

Louisa was amazing to work with! Her cakes are so super delicious, and very affordable (her buttercream is the best I have ever had, hands down). Her cakes are beautiful too, and she got the colors of the flowers to match our actual flowers perfectly. I fully recommend Exquisite Wedding Cakes!

Sent on 12/01/2017

Exquisite Wedding Cakes's reply:

Hahaha. Aw Jennifer. Thank you so so much for such a wonderful review. Honestly, I truly appreciate you taking the time to do this. It was such a pleasure working with you guys. Your bouquet was truly exquisite and it made the inspiration for the cake much easier. Thanks so much for allowing me to be a part of your special day. A big congratulations to you both and I’ll see you next year for your complimentary anniversary cake.

Kayla · Married on 10/28/2017

Louisa is such a personable person and has the BEST tasting cake around. From the initial meeting Rick & I knew she was a perfect match with her artistic vision and amazing tasting cake. We went with a 4 tiered cake (the bottom was Styrofoam) each with a different flavor (Chocolate with Mocha buttercream, strawberry with vanilla buttercream and homemade strawberry preserves, yellow cake with vanilla buttercream). Her finished product turned out better than imagined and her pricing is very affordable!

Sent on 11/16/2017
    Exquisite Wedding Cakes 24

Exquisite Wedding Cakes's reply:

Aaaaawwww Kayla. You made me cry. Seriously, aw. Thanks so so much for the wonderful review. Honestly, it was so wonderful working with you guys it just made the cake process nothing but fun. I loved your vision for the cake and just fell in love with it. Thanks so much for trusting me with your cake and allowing me to be a part of your special day. A big congratulations to you both for sure and I’ll see you in a year for your anniversary cake. Thanks so much to both of you.

Sara · Married on 08/25/2017

Louisa at Exquisite Wedding Cakes is literally the sweetest woman I have ever met. We met with her and had our tasting. While describing my wedding dress and wedding colors to her, she was so vibrant and into it. She was excited and eager to listen. The ideas she gave for our cupcakes and small cake to cut were simple and elegant - just what we had asked for. Louisa was so easy to work with. Her cakes are amazing and delicious! Both my husband & I are not big on sweets and we really enjoyed the flavors that we chose. One the day of our wedding Louisa was there at the venue dropping the desserts off. She was so excited to see me and gave me a hug - I love that she is so personal and friendly. Our guests LOVED our cupcakes. They were decorated so beautifully. Thank you Louisa!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Exquisite Wedding Cakes's reply:

Aaaawww Sara. Thanks so much. You guys just made the whole process so easy. You've literally touched my heart with this wonderful unexpected review. Thanks so much to the both of you for taking the time and most important CONGRATULATIONS on your beautiful marriage. Looking forward to seeing you both again in a year for your fresh anniversary cake. Thanks so much once again for allowing me to be a part of your special day.

Jake · Married on 08/18/2017

I'm the groom. I'm a guy, what do I care about wedding cakes? Well let me tell you, Louisa, not only an awesome person but can really bake. We had a free tasting and by tasting I mean a time to sit and relax and eat with Louisa who will literally brighten your day. The cakes we're downright delicious. My wife had some pretty specific Pinterest ideas and Louisa nailed it. I've never seen a girl cry when she saw a cake until my wife saw our wedding cake. She made us cupcakes and cake pops and people are still talking about them. You must be thinking, "okay, how many thousands of dollars is this going to cost me?" thats where you're wrong. SHE WAS THE MOST INEXPENSIVE BAKER WE FOUND. I don't get it but ya'll better snatch her up before she realizes the talent she has.

Sent on 08/20/2017

Exquisite Wedding Cakes's reply:

Jake. Thank you so very much for such a heart warming review. Oh my word. You literally brought tears to my eyes. Honestly, thanks so much for taking the time to write such a review. It was truly an honor to be part of your special day and so glad that you both enjoyed the treats. Thanks so much for using my services. But most important, a big CONGRATULATIONS to both of you. Wishing you many happy years on your new journey as husband and wife.

Jamie · Married on 08/18/2017

Louisa is INCREDIBLE!!! Hiring her is one of the best decisions I made for my wedding day. I had pretty specific requests for what I wanted, so I sent her some pictures, and what she created came out even BETTER than what I sent! Plus, for her quality of work, she is super affordable. Hire her for your big day before she realizes how amazing her work truly is. :) I HIGHLY recommend Exquisite Cakes!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Exquisite Wedding Cakes's reply:

Aaawww. Jamie, thanks so much for taking the time to review me. I truly appreciate it. Honestly, you made my job so easy. Your cakes and cake pops had my name written all over them. Lol. Definitely my kind of style. I truly appreciate you for allowing me to be a part of your special day and for trusting me with your wedding cake. A big congratulations to you both and I'll see you in a year for your complimentary anniversary cake. Thanks so much.
  • Monica

Monica · Married on 07/01/2017

Louisa is such a personable, charming lady who I adored working with! She gave us a free consultation and cake tasting (our choice of three different flavors with three different fillings) and was so ambitious to achieve my vision. When I explained to her what I wanted she got so incredibly excited and couldn't stop saying how stunning it was gonna look. She had the most passion and creative eye out of all the vendors we looked at. And when the day came and the cake arrived--it truly looked STUNNING. So professional and beautiful and better than I imagined! She was easily able to do things I wanted that none of the other vendors could do. Firstly I wanted navy blue frosting, which she said she could easily concoct herself, and then I wanted buttercream yet it was an outdoor reception in humid July. All other vendors told me I had to do fondant otherwise it would melt, but Louisa said "no problem!" and trained the buttercream to adjust to room and then outdoor temperatures in her own kitchen. And guess what? My cake stood sturdy in high 80s temperatures outdoors. Her store was an hour away but she was able to deliver with NO extra charge, and we also got to use one of her beautiful cake stands with no extra charge. We did a three tier cake, each tier a different flavor with different fillings (and she is willing to create new flavors upon request, like blue velvet and banana marble) all to no extra charge. Her flavors, even the cheapest ones that I picked from, have so much variety and uniqueness. There's not just chocolate and yellow, but maple, gingerbread, almond, pumpkin spice, pound, funfetti, and many more! My guests raved about how delicious the cake was and there were NO leftovers by the end of that very night! And the best part: she was the CHEAPEST out of all the vendors we investigated! All of that amazing service and quality at such a low price?? What a treasure!

Chelsea · Married on 04/22/2017

Louisa was a doll! She was so sweet and responsive to what we were looking for. She seemed so excited to do the job and kept us engaged the entire time! Plus her cakes are delicious!!

Sent on 10/03/2017
    Exquisite Wedding Cakes 25

Exquisite Wedding Cakes's reply:

Aaaawww Chelsea! Thanks sooooo much for taking the time to review me. It was truly a pleasure to do your cake. You were so fun to work and I thoroughly LOVED making that cake. Thanks so much for allowing me to be a part of your special day and a big CONGRATULATIONS to you both. See you next year for your complimentary first year anniversary cake. Yay!

There are not enough stars for this lady!! Louisa was a joy to work with and always had a smile on her face! Our tasting was delicious! Our wedding cake was "The cake of the year"! She is the most talented cake decorator! Our cake was so delicious, the only problem was...we did not get to eat enough of it! We also had cake pops which she placed our wedding sticker on so that we could give them our as part of our favors. She even went out of her way to get a cake stand to match our wedding colors. I wish she did more than just wedding cakes...she would be my go to baker! We are looking forward to our fresh anniversary cake in the future:). You will NOT be disappointed with Louisa! Look no where else. BOOK NOW! -Ashley & Andy

Natasha · Married on 10/22/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Louisa (and her business!) She makes cakes out of her kitchen and she is just the kind of person you'd want to laugh over coffee with, but also the type you'd want to make your wedding cake! Extremely personable, accommodating and BY FAR the best bang for your buck. I was lucky enough to have many good vendors but this was the best of them all. Her cakes are very classic, romantic and professional...exactly what I wanted. I hope Louisa will make me a cake for other events in the future!

Lindsey · Married on 09/17/2016

Louisa was such a joy to work with! Being a Baker myself I knew I had high expectations. She was in touch with me within 1 day when I initially inquired, and her response time to questions and appts was quite often less than that. Her personality and passion for her cakes shined through even through phone calls. Her cakes are amazing, wonderf.flavor, never dry, and her buttercream is to die for! I can't wait until I have another reason to order a fake from her!! It was so delicious! She will be my recommendation for any friends needing a wedding cake!

• Strlite2009

Jonette · Married on 09/04/2016

Louisa was such a great help from the cake tasting to the wedding day. If I had any questions she was always there to answer them. The cake was absolutely delicious and affordable I'm so happy we decided to go with Exquisite Wedding Cakes. We went to three different cake tastings and she was the most reasonable price. If I need anything in the future cake wise I will come to Exquisite Wedding Cakes!!!!

Kim · Married on 09/03/2016

I could not have asked for a better experience when choosing the person to create my wedding cake and cupcakes. Louisa was such a pleasure to work with-she knew exactly what I wanted and made the process so easy and worry free!!! Everyone at my wedding raved about how delicious her cupcakes were (as did I)-they were a hit! If I ever need a cake or cupcakes again for an event, I would without a doubt go here. If you are looking for someone to make your wedding cake, I highly recommend Louisa. You will not be disappointed with Exquisite Wedding Cakes!!!!

Amy · Married on 06/17/2016

We absolutely loved working with Louisa. She is passionate about her craft and it shows in her work. She has a fun, flexible personality and is very easy to work with. She was quick to respond and had a great vision for our cupcakes/ cake. We received many compliments on the appearance and taste of our cupcakes from guests. We highly recommend her.

Candice · Married on 04/30/2016

My husband and I could not have picked a better person than Louisa to make our wedding cake! She is so much fun to work with, the cake was gorgeous, and it tasted amazing! After compromising a bit on the design and decorations of our cake, my husband and I ended up with a lot of specific details for the cake. Louisa followed through on every last one of them! I also cannot say enough about how delicious our cake was! In fact, both our photographer and DJ, who try many different cakes a year, approached us and asked who made the cake because it was one of the best they have ever had. Even in weeks following our wedding, we had family and friends ask us who made the cake because it was so delicious! Also, the pricing would be hard to beat--such a great value!!

Louisa was wonderful to work with. Of all our wedding vendors, Louisa would receive my highest recommendation! We couldn't have been happier with our wedding cake!!

Karol · Married on 04/16/2016

My son and his wife chose Louisa, owner of Exquisite Cakes, to design their wedding cake. Hands down this was the most gorgeous and best tasting cake I have ever had! She met with the couple for a cake tasting and design plan a few months before the wedding. I accompanied them and we all had a great experience. Louisa made us feel so comfortable. She had everyone laughing by the end of the session.
    Several guests at the wedding raved about the delicious taste of the cake and how beautiful the buttetcream flowers looked !
    I am looking forward to our next special event so that I can call upon Louisa for another beautiful cake!

Dana · Married on 01/16/2016

Louisa was fantastic to work with. We received a custom designed, four-tiered cake for 1/3 the price of most other places. She listened to what we wanted and put in her own ideas to help. The cake is delicious as well!