Exquisite Events Reviews

51 | Newport, RI

51 Reviews for Exquisite Events

Barbara Chapman · Getting married on 01/06/2024

They know the best in Newport

We held our 25th Anniversary dinner dance for 140 people at our Newport home. Stasia and Stephanie brought in the best local professionals for planning, decor, food and music. Our property was transformed without losing its natural appeal. The food was delicious. We enjoyed the tastings and planning sessions and the results were superb. People are still talking about the party 6 months later.

Sent on 01/06/2020

Joshua Culpo · Married on 09/09/2020

Couldn't Do It Without Them!!!

We signed on with Exquisite about 9 months prior to our wedding. We had already done what felt like the bulk of the planning such as venue, transportation, room block, entertainment, photographer, etc so we hired them to assist us in the final month of the preparations.
    We believed we were already on top of everything and pretty close to being done with the planning process but we learned pretty quickly that there was so much more that we had not yet considered. Exquisite helped us tie up our many loose ends and bring many more ideas and details to our big day. Exquisite is a small company with only a few members of the staff so they limit how many weddings they take on and are able to really focus on each individual event. Being small made it really easy for us to get in touch with Stasia, Nell and Stephanie whenever we had questions or ideas to incorporate into our day. We were going to have a hell of a wedding anyway but Exquisite addressed so many little details that brought our wedding beyond our wildest imaginations. This team is very experienced and they have planned many weddings and other events. They have seen just about every wedding idea out there and helped introduce new ideas for our wedding day and most importantly they knew how to bring the whole picture together.
    Stasia, Nell and Stephanie stayed on top of us throughout the entire process. Their attention to detail helped catch anything from slipping through the cracks. Sometimes it was actually annoying sending emails back and forth daily but that constant contact prevented us from procrastinating so we were able to stay ahead of schedule and enjoy a mostly stress free engagement.
    As for the actual wedding they went above and beyond to take care of us and our wedding party. We had the main Exquisite team on site as well as a few extra assistants who took care of every need. Their team basically waited on us hand and foot all weekend so that we could soak up every minute. Wedding weekend they became the jack of all trades steaming our clothing, picking up takeout food and snacks, personal uber drivers/designated drivers/chauffeurs, they stocked up and decked out the marital suite, solved multiple major wardrobe malfunctions, kept us fully fed and hydrated (mostly with wine) at our wedding and best of all they dealt with every single vendor all weekend so that all we had to do was party!
    10 out 10 would recommend them again!

Sent on 01/14/2020

Alyssa M. · Married on 05/08/2020

AMAZING!!!!! Make your wedding planning process enjoyable with Exquisite Events

We worked with Exquisite Events for our August 2019 wedding. Their team was INCREDIBLY helpful in making sure every detail of our wedding was in place. They were SO organized, I never would have thought of half of the wedding related items they did. They also kept punchlists for us of what we had to take care of on certain weeks. I never would have been able to manage work and planning a wedding without Exquisite Events. Exquisite Events kept my entire family sane during the process, allowed me to really enjoy the process and ensured that I could still keep up at work. I look back on the entire wedding planning experience with such fondness, in large part because Exquisite Events made the experience so smooth!

Sent on 12/19/2019

mira · Married on 08/17/2019

Truly the Best

Reflecting on our daughter's wedding in Newport in August 2019, I can't say enough good things about the hard work of the Exquisite Events team. Stephanie felt like a friend - who literally was there to patiently answer every question and get ahead of needs we didn't know we had. Stasia was so wonderful every step of the way - it's just too hard to summarize the perfection of our experience. Having had experience with planners in other cities, I can truly say that Exquisite Events is the best of the best. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our daughter's and her new husband's celebration so perfect - not one detail was overlooked and not one person's needs were missed.

Sent on 04/21/2020

Shelley Johnstone Paschke · Married on 07/26/2019

A perfect experience

It was truly a beautiful experience working with such a professional, lovely team. They listened to what our vision was and executed perfectly. Their calm, confidence set the tone for such a joyous event. They truly made everything special.

Sent on 01/20/2020

Nancy D · Married on 10/06/2018

Another wonderful experience with Exquisite Events!

We recently had the pleasure of working with Stasia and her team on our daughter's beautiful Rosecliff wedding. This was the 2nd time that we enlisted Exquisite Events, as we did so for our other daughter's wedding 5 years ago. Stasia was the first call we made once the engagement was announced.

We could not have imagined a more beautiful, fun or well orchestrated wedding weekend with every detail attended to. While we certainly had a vision for the wedding and the wedding weekend activities, Stasia counseled, advised and assisted with important decisions and choices, from catering and menu selections to the all important perfect band. Angela was an absolutely terrific 'detailer', leaving nothing undone. Darrell and our wedding day attendants were a pleasure to be with, keeping everyone on schedule and making sure there was not a wrinkle in sight. We were able to enjoy the beautiful day without worrying about any of the behind the scenes details.

Stasia is at all times creative, professional and calm, exceeding expectations always. It was a complete pleasure working with her and with her team.

Sent on 12/22/2018

Julia Driscoll · Married on 08/18/2018

Cannot imagine my wedding without Exquisite Events!!

Stasia and her team, specifically Stephanie Noel, were unbelievable in planning out wedding this summer! They took care of every detail and I was not stressed for a minute throughout the whole weekend. If you are planning a wedding they are the only people I would recommend!!

Sent on 11/25/2018
  • Abby

Abby W · Married on 07/14/2018

Wedding experts!

I worked with Stasia and Angela to help plan our wedding weekend this past July in Newport. The team made the whole process a lot easier - especially since I was living in NY at the time. They were always available to answer any questions and met with me on various occasions, including at an inivation shop in Brooklyn . They’ve worked with so many vendors in the area and were able to help me find some of the great vendors we chose. They also had no problems working with those I chose that were new to them, including my photographer and videographer. You have to work with so many different people while planning a wedding, and Stasia and Angela helped keep everything organized and running smoothly through the whole process. The day of was comepetly stress free. They made sure EVERYTHING was taken care and that my husband and I were having the most perfect day. We seriously never worried about a thing! They are definitely experts in wedding planning, particularly in the Rhode Island area. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 12/18/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel Small · Married on 07/01/2018

Personal, fun, and overall fabulous experience!

Stasia and the entire Exquisite Events planning team were absolutely amazing and are impressively good at what they do. The planning process was fun and exciting with them, and they not only catered to every one of my ideas and visions for my wedding, but elevated my vision to make it something I could have never dreamed of myself. I had a fairly big wedding with three events total, and they juggled every detail with great care and precision. The execution was great and I truly did end up having the wedding beyond my dreams. Thank you Exquisite Events!

Sent on 12/06/2018

V Spencer · Married on 07/01/2018

Hire Exquisite Events!

Stacia and her staff were totally amazing! My daughter married in July 2018 and to be honest I was skeptical about hiring a party planner, Exquisite Events knocked it out of the park! From the beginning to end. The grooms family hired them as well, and made their night as magical and my daughters! Thank you Stacia and Exquisite Events!

Sent on 01/11/2019

Allison · Married on 10/28/2017

We loved working with the Exquisite Events team to plan and help with our wedding day of! We worked predominantly with Lauren, whose attention to detail and organization is unmatched. Stasia was also instrumental in helping us to think of new or different ideas than we had originally thought of with respect to seating, floral arrangements, table scape, and reception timing/logistics. Stasia and Lauren helped us select excellent vendors, such as a florist, cake, etc. They worked directly with the vendors (even those we selected separately) to really be the main point of contact and streamline communications. Throughout the planning process, Stasia and Lauren were extremely available - we met multiple times in person, they were present at our tasting and working with the venue, and they kept us on target timeline wise by creating monthly punch lists for us. Not only that, but we had SO much fun with them during the planning! They really made it enjoyable and helped in navigating some challenging dynamics like guest list and all of our various family priorities. During the wedding weekend, it felt like we had their undivided attention and support - there was a member of the Exquisite Events team available at every point helping with steaming clothes, organizing breakfast/lunch, making sure we had everything we needed and so did our family and bridal party. Daryl, the team member who was with me most of the morning getting ready, even steamed my dress after the car ride to the church and before the ceremony! Even our guests and bridal party commented on how incredible Stasia, Lauren and team were over the course of the weekend. I'm sure there were minor glitches, but they just resolved everything without my parents and I even knowing! The Exquisite Events team was supportive and helpful at every step of the process, and I can't imagine the weekend without their expertise - I wouldn't change a thing about our wedding day, and it is in very large part to their hard work.

Sent on 01/28/2018

Kelleigh · Married on 06/24/2017

Lauren was great to work with gave us options to choose from and important (for us) was we did not feel pressured to buy anything and other than meeting minimums there was not pressure to go above that. We had out lights and farm tables provided by Exquisite events and loved how they pulled everything together.

Sent on 07/14/2017

Taryn · Married on 06/23/2017

As every person planning a wedding knows, it's easy to blow past your budget when you see those things that you never knew existed, but you just gotta have. For me, it was having decoration in the big white tent where our outdoor wedding reception was taking place. The tent itself was beautiful, but the big support poles holding it up were not. That's where Megan and Exquisite Events came in. When my mom called EE, our wedding--which my husband and I tried to pay for by ourselves--was already way overbudget. Megan described what they could do and mentioned the price, which was not astronomical, but also out of the range of a public school teacher and a marine biologist, and my mom said as much. Normally, that's where the conversation ends. But Megan went above and beyond, and demonstrated possibly the most human kindness I have experienced while wedding planning: they decorated the tent poles for us, for FREE. I still don't quite understand how or why, but Megan and EE made the inside of our reception tent look lovely and didn't charge us a cent. For their generosity, experience, and professionalism, I urge you to book them for your own wedding immediately. They are seriously awesome people and awesome designers.

Sent on 07/07/2017

R · Married on 11/19/2016

The name says it all. These women run the tightest ship I've ever seen in the wedding planning industry. Stacia and her staff are always on top of their game and no matter what arises, a "Plan B" is always ready for action. My guests were highly impressed and gave this company great accolades on the trolley rides back to the hotels.

If you are a bride-to-be you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/06/2017

Jessie · Married on 08/20/2016

It doesn't get much better than this when it comes to wedding planners. I worked very closely with Kristina at EE who is phenomenal. I mean seriously, she is on point. She thinks of everything and is so quick to reply to all of my questions. She was so helpful with everything—for example when we I picked a photo book option but then learned it wasn’t exactly what I wanted, her immediate response was “We’ll make it exactly how you want it!” and she did.
    About a week or so before the wedding, we were informed by the hotel where we were having the wedding that we had to end everything outside in the tent an hour early (scary!!) due to town regulations that were now in place. Kristina and Statia immediately reached out to make a plan (saying “let’s turn this into a positive”) and we ended up moving the wedding up an hour so the band could play the full amount of time outside and then we moved inside for a late night DJ scene afterwards and the DJ scene (Stasia & Kristina’s idea) was AMAZING! It was one of my favorite parts of the wedding. I’m telling you these wedding planners are unbelievable. I would recommend them to anyone. They are so detail oriented, on top of things, and most importantly, fun people to work with. I’m just sad the weddings over so I don’t have a good reason to reach out anymore!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Alison · Married on 08/06/2016

Exquisite Events is the best of the best. We are so incredibly grateful for all their hard work and dedication. Our wedding was truly perfect. They understood our vision and made it come to life. They were so thoughtful with the big picture and the small details. We are forever grateful!

Sent on 10/19/2016

They are wonderful. At first I was turned off by them not responding quickly, but 2 years out before the wedding I understand there are higher priorities. Fast forward to the year before the wedding they were on top of things and really did their best to accomadate my budget and vision.

Unfortunatly the day before my wedding we made the decision to move inside due to rain. I was very nervous because some things that I paid for and asked for could not be done inside. But, Lauren was great she improvised and added alot of things I would have never thought of and the room came out absolutly beautiful.

I never wanted to have our reception inside but because of the wonderful job Lauren and her team did I believe it actually turned out even better than if we had it outside like we had originally planned.

Sent on 12/18/2016

Sydney · Married on 06/25/2016

Exquisite Events is SO helpful throughout the entire wedding process and made sure that our day was really what we wanted it to be. All of our guests said that they had never seen such an organized wedding and it was all thanks to Exquisite Events. I would 100% recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/27/2016

S · Married on 06/25/2016

DO not look any further. Stasia and her amazing team did 2 weddings for us in 9 months and both weddings were flawless. Our guests at both weddings kept asking who the wedding planners were because they had never seen a team work so hard and stay on top of every detail. There is nothing we would have changed for either wedding. They were both amazing in every way because of Stasia and her teams expertise in executing these affairs. They are the best!!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Bob · Married on 06/25/2016

How appropriately Exquisite Events is named. The lone thing that Stasia and her team couldn't take credit for was an exceptionally gorgeous day and because everything else was so perfect we wonder if they have weather connections. It was a day of beautiful memories because Exquisite Events ensured excellence.

Sent on 11/02/2016

Danielle · Married on 05/27/2016

What an amazing team! They took care of everything on our wedding day. Every little detail was perfect. Our families and friends are still talking about our wedding and how beautiful it was.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Tom · Married on 12/12/2015

Lauren, please express to everyone at EE who was involved in Kelsey and Bob's wedding our sincere appreciation for all you did to make it the best time ever! What a team! It made it so easy for everyone attending to just sit back and enjoy themselves. If I thought I needed something you guys were already working on it. It was just unbelievable! From the detailed planning and support to final execution you guys never missed a beat! And if we needed to make an adjustment to the schedule you just made it happen. I would certainly recommend EE to anyone who is hosting an event and needs to make sure it goes off without a hitch!
    Thanks again!
    Tom & Linda

Sent on 12/15/2015

Molly · Married on 10/03/2015

My husband and I were married this past October in Newport, RI. Stasia Anthony (wedding planner) and her team were absolutely incredible. Their attention to detail and commitment to making our wedding weekend spectacular was so appreciated during such an overwhelming time. Stasia completely took over the week of the wedding and managed EVERYTHING. My husband and I, as well as our families, did not have to lift a finger all weekend and got to enjoy one another's company and live in the moment, which was so incredibly important to us. Kelli Dubeau (decor) and her team were a delight to work with. Kelli understood our vision from the get go and went above and beyond to make it come to life. She transformed our reception tent into a beautiful garden party-like atmosphere. Thank you so much Exquisite events for a job well done!!!

Sent on 01/06/2016

Alex · Married on 08/22/2015

We highly recommend Stasia, Lauren and the Exquisite Events team! They were fantastic to work with on planning our wedding in Newport in August 2015! They worked with the parents of the bride locally and seamlessly handled long-distance communication with the bride and groom in Colorado by frequent emails and accommodating a few quick weekend trips we made to RI! They were organized, responsive, pleasant, creative and very capable! They provided excellent recommendations for vendors such as Paper Moss for our invitations and our band DeZyne (almost all of our guests were on the dance floor all night)! They handled the creative details that made our wedding so beautiful! We knew that all of the logistics of the weekend were in good hands so we could relax and enjoy the weekend with our family and friends! Huge thank you for Stasia, Lauren, and the EE team for making our wedding weekend the most fun we've ever had!

Sent on 02/21/2016

Charlotte · Married on 07/18/2015

It’s impossible to imagine our wedding planning process without Stasia Anthony and the Exquisite Events team. As a Marketing Manager with lots of experience curating events, the first thing I did on the wedding planning front was find an outstanding planner. This allowed us to focus on the fun part - brainstorming personal, unique details, knowing that big picture stuff like logistics were taken care of.

I cannot speak highly enough about Stasia and her expert team – including coordinator extraordinaire Lauren Heilman and decor visionary Kelli Dubeau. Managing our off-the-charts level of intricate detail was no easy task (everything from our illustrative local ingredient maps to wildflower ice cubes for the specialty cocktails, to personalized bocce sets). We wanted to do as much celebrating as possible, so our wedding weekend spanned the better part of four days, including a champagne sail, rehearsal dinner clambake, and newlywed brunch (so let's just say they had their work cut out for them).

They quite literally made magic happen. No inspiration or idea was out-of-bounds, and knowing they were having fun with it made the whole journey a blast. We cherished every step of the way with them (from diligently organized planning sessions over champagne in their gorgeous, cozy office to the big day itself!) and far from simply an excellent vendor, we see them as wonderful friends that we feel endlessly lucky to have worked with.

Sent on 12/30/2015