89 Reviews for Expressway Music NYC DJ's

Do-Not-Play List (1)
Microphones (1)
Uplighting (1)
88 Expressway Music NYC DJ's Reviews

It doesn't get any better than David (DJ Swirksy) and his staff! From the very first meeting they made you feel comfortable and a part of their family. We can't thank them enough for all their hard work and tremendous ability to ensure the celebration was unbelievably fun! We received nothing but compliments on the music and song choices and that is mainly in part because of our amazing DJ!!!!

We couldn't have asked for a better celebration and it is because of people like David and Charissa that enabled it to be executed flawlessly. From the perfect placement of the speakers, to the introductions, song choices, overall vibe of the evening it couldnt have been done with out them and their incredible personal service and we can't thank them enough for ensuring our special day was truly special and FUN!

If you are looking for the perfect DJ who has the proper staff, professionalism, and care about YOUR event then this is the right vendor!!!!!!

Profile Picture User7691989, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Call Dave ASAP! He told us he could read a crowd and he was absolutely right! Most of the guests at my daughter's wedding were up on their feet dancing and smiling. His experience, breadth of music knowledge and amiable personality made him such a quality member of the team my daughter put together for her wedding. As most weddings, we had many age groups, many cultures and personalities and he nailed it. Everyone had such fun. We had some unique additions to add to the night and Dave was gracious and accommodating with sliding these musical additions in effortlessly. From when guests arrived, throughout the ceremony and then throughout the reception, he was just the best!! Thank you!

Profile Picture Penny, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I'm so happy that we had David at our wedding. Not only did we get lots of positive comments from our guests, but we were thrilled with the music he played. He was great to work with, and did an excellent job understanding the crowd and figuring out what music people would enjoy. Everyone had a great time, and we definitely could have kept dancing long into the night!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC

I had DJ Dan emcee my wedding after seeing him for years do Karaoke Night. I figured, "he's awesome doing karaoke, let's go with what I know."

I had NO IDEA that he'd be the most adept, fluid, engaging, masterful wedding guru! (And I had no idea that he had been doing weddings so often that he even has a license to be an officiant. :) )

To start, DJ Dan is a testament to the difference between getting a FLAWLESSLY GREAT and experienced DJ who knows his craft...vs getting a good DJ. My mom had told me when I was planning my wedding that the entertainment "makes or breaks the wedding." And she was right. My entertainment made my wedding the best night of my life.

Dan met with us weeks before the wedding and asked a bunch of questions about things I had never even thought of, and even the slightest weird request was taken note of ("can we have the law and order sound effect before every toast?" Yep, he did it!)

At the end of the meeting, my fiancee said, "You know what? I was stressed about everything...until today. I just feel like Dan can take care of any curve ball." That peace of mind alone was worth its weigh in gold.

Dan called the band before the wedding and coordinated every last detail with them. He accommodated every last weird song request, and had this innate ability to know exactly what to play to keep the crowd on their feet! It was amazing, and perfect, and I couldn’t have asked for a better DJ/emcee.

Here’s the thing. Other places I talked to tried to convinced me I needed a separate DJ, a separate emcee, and a separate singer. Dan did all 3. And on top of everything? The whole booking process could not have been more seamless or pleasant. Quick to respond. Eager to please. Just wonderful beyond the telling of it.

This was such an important day, and I wanted everything to be perfect. Expressway Music made sure that it was, and for that, I am so incredibly grateful.

Profile Picture Kris, 8/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Expressway was amazing from the beginning. David was so kind, accommodating and fun. He handled our wedding with the upmost professionalism and created a night where no one wanted to leave the dance floor. Thank you again for the amazing night of music!

Profile Picture Eric, 7/30/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were worried about the wide age range and variety of people attending our wedding. We expressed our concerns to Dave and he assured us he would have no problem at all. Thanks to Dave, our wedding from the 6:00pm ceremony through well past midnight, was seamless! From the romantic and intimate ceremony music to the way he was able to entertain every generation present. The dance floor was PACKED for our ENTIRE reception! People are still talking about how great our wedding was. Two months later! Dave and Charissa were so helpful and accommodating! At the conclusion of our reception, the one thing we wish we had gone bigger on, THE DANCE FLOOR! If you want the energy of your wedding to truly reflect the couple you are, Dave is the man! Through his expertise, Dave was one of the most influential vendors in making our wedding day the best day of our lives!

Profile Picture Sandra, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

David at Expressway Music was fantastic to work with for our wedding. He listened to what we wanted beforehand and delivered with flying colors. The dance floor was packed for the entire wedding and he has a knack for feeling the "flow" of the wedding and know when to slow things down and when to pick them back up. We received many compliments from our guests on our choice of DJs.

Profile Picture Steven, 4/29/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Sound/PA System

We recently worked with David Swirsky from Expressway Music to DJ our wedding and could not have been more pleased! If it were up to me, I would crown David the best DJ of all time! This was the one area that I let my husband take the lead, given that he had stronger music preferences than I did. I actually spoke on the phone with David only a week before the weeding and I knew immediately that my husband's instincts were right and he was the perfect person to DJ our wedding. David was particularly fantastic given that we had quite the range of musical requests. His enthusiasm and musical knowledge was appreciated by everyone at the wedding. Not only did he give us everything we asked for, he played music we hadn't even told him we liked and it was perfect! David gave us exactly what we wanted--a party of guests who danced the night away. The music exceeded our expectations and was a huge part of having the wedding of our dreams, which we had!

Profile Picture User6583707, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were recently married and the wedding was a hugely successful, largely thanks to Expressway Music. We could not have made a better decision when we chose DJ Dave and his team for our event. My husband was in charge of the selection and after interviewing and firing the first few, he came home one afternoon extremely confident with his selection. When I met DJ Dave a few weeks prior to the event, I immediately agreed. DJ Dave just felt like "our DJ". He was easy going, organized and extremely helpful in assisting us with organizing the flow of our evening in away that made sense. He was interested in our musical tastes and made sure that he had a good handle on the types of music that would appeal to our crowd. His team was accessible and replied promptly to any queries we had. He also took the time to learn the pronunciation of some of the uncommon names of the speakers at our event. On wedding day, he and his team really excelled. The violinist was a perfect accompaniment to the processional and recessional and DJ Dave didn't miss a cue with our complex choreography of the officiant, our scripture reading and our vocalist and the "I do's". Of course, the highlight of the night was the party during the reception. Our extremely discerning west indian and west african guests were on the dance floor all night. We heard them comment over and over again how fantastic the music was and how impressed they were with our DJ. DJ Dave went from dance set, to speeches (calling up our speakers with perfect pronunciation like they were his own family), to background music seamlessly. In short DJ Dave and Expressway Music were simply outstanding and we couldn't have been happier. Our wedding was spectacular!

Profile Picture Afua, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We hired David Swirsky to DJ our wedding and from the day we met him we knew we made the right choice. He spent so much time with us asking about our music preferences and about how we wanted the night to feel and he nailed everything. Our wedding was the most fun day of our lives and a lot of that was because of David. He was very responsive, professional, and friendly from day one. On the wedding day he made things run super smoothly and he kept the dance floor packed throughout the entire reception. He even struck the perfect balance incorporating salsa into our multicultural event. We also rented the open air photo booth. That was so worth it. People had a great time with it, the pictures came out great, the props were fun, and because it was open air, it didn’t detract from the decor of the wedding. Seriously, it was the most fun day of our lives. I can’t wait for another event so that we can work with him again.

Profile Picture Mayra, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Dave was absolutely outstanding!! He read the crowd, he listed to my suggestions and he planned the night to perfection!! I loved working with him and his team, they made my wedding the most incredible day of my life and my friends cant stop talking about how amazing the night was and what a fantastic party!!!! Thank you Dave!!!

Profile Picture Andriana, 5/16/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had an amazing time at our wedding. The DJ David and his assistant did an incredible job coordinating everything from the ceremony music to the party after. David can definitely get a party started right! Charissa who I spoke to on the phone was very caring and efficient. I would highly recommend this DJ and company.

Profile Picture Jordana, 1/10/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dave Swirsky is amazing! We received countless comments about how amazing our DJ was - not just his music choices and amazing cues, but his personality. Our venue was classic and sophisticated and he didn't try to make it into a downtown nightclub. He knew how to go with it and still make it incredibly fun for our guests. Several people asked for his info after to book him for future events. I can't wait to book Dave again for another event - he was amazing! So easy to work with, so flexible and just warm and genuine.

Profile Picture User4933899, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Not a lot of people get to say that they had the perfect wedding... but honestly, we did. Everything was just right. Things ran so smoothly, from our introductions, first dances, big moments, and even the subtle background music setting exactly the tone we envisioned for our big night. We owe it all to Expressway Music! Every request we asked for was accommodated, and things we didn't even think of (like additional lighting) was brought to the table, without being "pushed on us" like some of the other guys out there. They had an online form that was easy to fill out that would say exactly what we wanted and even had a library of songs to choose from to help score the evening, and they were able to get any song we wanted. They really understood how to get the perfect balance of music that everyone could enjoy in 2014. They knew every detail of the event that was happening and they literally didn't miss a beat. Their professionalism every step of the way was only exceeded by the way they treated us like family. A+++++++ from a very happy couple. You are in great hands with Expressway Music.

Profile Picture Benjamin, 10/19/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

DJ Dave was absolutely amazing!!!! WE had such an amazing wedding and so much of it was due to the music. We danced so much and all of our guests had a great time. DJ Dave was able to feel the crowd and know exactly what to play. I am still getting compliments about the music. He was so easy to work with and an absolute pleasure to have at our wedding.

Profile Picture dana, 10/12/14, 1 Review

DJ Dan was fantastic!
He spoke to my husband and I prior to the ceremony not once but twice so we could chat about the music we wanted played and how the night would flow. He was open to having music sent to him so he could incorporate special songs into the evening.
Most importanty he kept everyone dancing all night long.
I would highly recommend as he's incredibly professional and easy to work with!

Profile Picture User3628927, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Dan was excellent. He responded to emails promptly and made sure that we had the music that we wanted for our wedding. He was easygoing and flexible and had our guests on the dance floor all night dancing to our favorite tunes. I would highly recommend him for your wedding day!!

Profile Picture Claribell, 8/30/14, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

David was a delight to work with. He was always full of good cheer, and was extremely attuned to what we were looking for, even though we only had a vague sense of what we wanted (more accurately, we had a strong sense of what we didn't want). For every thought we had, he was able to come back with several different ideas and themes, almost all of which fit the mood we were going for. And on the day itself, he absolutely delivered- he was also gracious and flexible about staying an extra half hour. We had never been to a wedding where the crowd was so eager and happy to dance, and it felt even better that this was happening at OUR wedding, so we cannot thank David enough for making our special day so entertaining.

Profile Picture Kate, 7/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

David was an amazing DJ! We wanted someone to provide our wedding with a fun soundtrack without all of the DJ hype and with David, we got just that. All communication with Expressway Music was so easy, professional and most importantly stress free. I would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Megan, 7/18/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Expressway Music was one of the first vendors I booked 1 year before my wedding ; the music at our wedding I have to say was probably one of the most important factors for us ... being that my husband and I love to dance and have fun we didn't want long dinner breaks and slow music to kill the mood . All we wanted for our wedding night was for everyone to dance the night away and I have to say our wish came true. From the second we were announced to the last song no body left the dance floor ! David a variety of music from 50's,60's,70's ,80's,90's and today ; I watched how when each song was played my guests went nuts with excitement especially when hearing ones they haven't heard in years!!!
David I can't thank you enough for such an amazing night. You went above and beyond to make Justin and I happy and I can honestly say we had the best night of our lives! Our guest are still raving about the music ... you were everything I was praying for in a DJ ; cool , calm and collective :) ( and I know I probably over whelmed up with 7 sheets of music hahaha ) You played everything I asked and threw in songs that I didn't even think of that I loved ! You never took a break and had everyone on the dance floor with smiles on their face! If I asked you to play a song with out hesitation it was played ! The Music was very important to both of us as you know and you nailed it!! From the first day I spoke with you on the phone 1 year ago I knew that we would click :) We cant wait to use you in the near future :) Maybe our 1 yr anniversary party LOL. Justin and I would recommend Expressway DJ's to everyone that is looking to have the time of their lives !!!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 6/14/14, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

When we were looking for a DJ for our wedding we were always suspicious about vendors rated 5 out of 5 stars. But we give David 5 starts because that's what he and his company deserved.

We found Expressway Music through Weddingwire and Yelp. He had decent reviews so we decided to schedule an interview with him. From our first meeting until end end of our reception, David and his team were very professional, helpful, flexible and friendly which is quite a rare combination. He asked us questions about the format of our wedding, what kind of music we like and explained us what he thinks would be the best mix of music for us. We knew that he was going to customize the playlist based on our taste but also add something from his experience which worked perfect at the end.

His office staff are very professional and made sure that the administrative side of this was handled very quickly and easily. Following the first meeting, we were never pressured to make a quick decision -- they did not act like salesman -- they looked like a group of professionals who like what they do. A few weeks before the wedding, they sent us a few online questionnaires on the event details and our music preferences which we submitted and discussed with David in the final meeting. This hole process didn't take more than a few hours of our time and at each stage David and his team were very helpful and professional.

David did a spectacular job at the wedding. We picked 10 must-play songs and let David choose the rest for us. He read the crowd so well and made sure the dancing did not stop all night. We are very happy with the choice we made and strongly recommend David and Expressway Music for everyone!

Profile Picture Baris, 5/31/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dave was the DJ at my wedding last week and he (and Expressway Music) are absolutely wonderful! They are reliable, professional, responsive, helpful and extremely talented. During our first meeting Dave asked us about our vision, took detailed notes and really listed to what we wanted.

A great example of Dave’s expertise is when we had our final meeting we told him that we wanted a short first dance and asked him to cut the song short (Cant Take My Eyes Off of You by Frankie Valli & The Four Season). He suggested that we play the whole song because its such a great song with a great chorus and people would look forward to it. We told him that we trusted his opinion (but I was still a little nervous). Understanding that we were uncomfortable being the center of attention for a long period of time he had the crowd join in singing the chorus and it was a huge hit. He then invited the rest of the guest to join us on the dance floor. It was the perfect transition without taking anything away from our first dance or the song.

Multiple times during the wedding people told us how great the music was and how amazing it was that Dave was able to keep the partying going on all night (we had non-stop dancing for 4 hours). We highly recommend Dave and hope we have an opportunity to work with him again.

Profile Picture Sue, 4/19/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

David and his team were great to work with for our March 2014 wedding. Our wedding guests loved the music David played (as did the bride and groom!) and danced the night away! Additionally David and his team were extremely responsive and professional in all of our dealings w/ them. 100% recommend!

Profile Picture Jill, 3/22/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We met them at a friends wedding and they really took over the show!

David was/is a TRUE gentlemen, a classy DJ and really LISTENS to his clients. Whatever we asked them to play was played and whatever we asked them to exclude was excluded (despite the fact that some of guests cannot take no for an answer, LOL!)

Many thanks and I will be sure to recommend you guys to all upcoming friends and family events.

Thanks!