Expressions Studio of Photography Reviews

91 | East Amherst, NY

91 Reviews for Expressions Studio of Photography

Lauren Smith · Getting married on 12/08/2020

Would use Expressions again and again!

Paul and Alex did an AMAZING job at capturing our day. They were both so very easy to work with and made the entire process so simple. As a bride, I was overwhelmed with everything I needed to remember, organize, and make decisions for; so it was nice to have a vendor who literally took care of all the work for me leading up to the big day, AND even more so the day of. We did not have to worry about a thing because Alex and Paul were so organized and worked so well with each other, but also our other vendors. They will do anything for the perfect shot, seriously anything... Paul laid on my kitchen floor to snap a beautiful picture of me, and didn't complain at all about my energetic golden retriever who was all over the place! He embraced it and got some incredible shots of me with my pup. Alex made sure that my dress was always perfectly fanned and not a hair out of place in every photo. They had innovative and modern ideas of how to pose us, and our 16 person wedding party. Even using smoke bombs to get the picture we ABSOLUTELY love and will cherish forever. They are fun and engaging and made it easy to have a smile on our faces the entire day and night. Our photos were edited and ready to go less than a month later and we could not be happier with the finished products. I will definitely be recommending and using Expressions again! Paul and Alex are the absolute best.

Sent on 10/06/2019

Expressions Studio of Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! Interacting with you, your wedding party, and other vendors in a professional matter on the day of a wedding is a must. We take pride in ensuring that everything runs smoothly, all part of the job :)

Meghan Wienke · Married on 12/07/2019

Expressions Studio is Wonderful

My husband and I got married this past December and we are so happy we went with Expressions Studio to capture our big day! Alex was our photographer and she was amazing to work with. She was very great with communication and prompt to respond to emails or give suggestions on places to have pictures taken. She was fun to work with and made us feel super comfortable. Her assistant Natalie and our videographer, Aaron, were both super nice and professional and helped to capture our day as well. We absolutely LOVE all our photos and after viewing our wedding trailer we are so excited to see the whole video. As our wedding was in December, it was cold and snowy but the team never complained about the cold and had fun with us all out in the snow. We had a beautiful winter wedding and are so happy we have these amazing moments to look back on because of Expressions Studio. I would highly recommend them for any special occasion you may have. They are fun, kind, great with communication and very professional. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 03/19/2019

Meghan,

Thank you so very much for your review. Our team also had a blast on your beautiful winter wedding day. We are so pleased that we were able to meet all your needs and blow you away with our services. We look forward to working with you again in the future :)
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn grande · Married on 10/12/2019

Fun to work with!

Great team to work with, really fun and easy to be comfortable around. We had a blast working with them and our pictures show the fun we had. Great shots and locations, thank you all, we LOVE our pictures and video!

Sent on 11/17/2019

Caitlyn,
    Thank you so much, we appreciate your feedback very much. We are happy to hear that our team was able to capture your special day so perfectly. We LOVE that you LOVE your photos and video :)
  • Gabriela

Gabriela · Married on 09/28/2019

incredible photos, very professional and the sweetest employees ever

Expressions studios was recommended to us for our engagement photos, by a friend who used them for their wedding. The engagement pictures were so creative and we loved working with Alex. When it came to booking a wedding photographer, there was no question in our mind. Alex and Paul did an incredible job shooting our wedding to give us both classic and creative photos that we are obsessed with, and in the process, our wedding party and family had so much fun with them.

Not only do they take beautiful pictures but Alex made sure I had everything I needed the entire day, calmed me down when I was nervous, and went far above and beyond the "traditional photographers job description". She was so helpful in times of chaos, made sure I got every picture I wanted (as so much more), and was so accommodating when there was a last minute change of plans.

In such a short period of time, after the wedding, we received sooo many amazing photos that we will cherish the rest of our life and now we'll forever have these memories because of the unbelievable talent of Alex and Paul. The pictures turned out better than I could have ever imagined as they had the perfect vision for our Rustic Barn wedding with details galore.

My husband and I 10/10 recommend them for any occasion, as we know, we will never use anyone else, besides Expressions Studio for all our future events. Thanks Alex and Paul for making our day a dream come true! Book them... you won't regret it!!!

Sent on 11/09/2019

Gabriela,

Words cannot express our thanks to you from your AMAZING review and perspective of our wedding services. We play many roles as photographers on the day of the wedding always ensuring that it goes smoothly and you are always relaxed and at ease on one of the happiest days of your life. It means a lot to us to know that we had such an impact. Thanks again and we cannot wait to work with you again in the future capturing even more memories!
  • Abigail

Abigail · Married on 09/21/2019

Best decision we made!

Working with Expressions Studio was the easiest decision I made when selecting my wedding vendors. I had used them for my high school pictures and had a wonderful experience so I knew I wanted to use them again for my wedding. They are extremely experienced and know exactly how to use the environment around you to get the best photos. Every photo turned out better than I could have imagined.

Sent on 10/24/2019

Abigail,
    Thank you so much for your positive review. We put a lot of time and effort into photographing weddings and ensuring that our couples have amazing images to look back on and relive their special day. We take pride in the fact that we can capture and document beautiful photos no matter the location or environment we are in. Thanks again, we look forward to working with you again in the future for other photography needs. :)

Tara · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing job!

I had a wonderful experience from planning to the day of. Alex was amazing to work with she was so creative , and got wonderful shots. Both Alex and Bryan were very knowledgeable and kind made my special day so easy!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Tara,
    Thank you so much for your kind words and review of our services, we really appreciate it. We are so happy to hear that you love the outcome of your wedding photos :)
  • Melany

Melany · Married on 09/07/2019

September 7,2019

I got Emily and Natalie and they did more than they needed to do for me. I got all their attention and the picture turn our great

Sent on 11/22/2019

Melany,

We are pleased to hear that our staff went above and beyond your expectations. Attention to detail and specifics are our expertise. We look forward to working with you again :)

• Mikaela

Mikaela · Married on 08/31/2019

The BEST Decision!

Alex and her team at Expressions Studio were incredible. It is stressful picking a photographer that's right for the quality and budget and I'm happy to say they were the best decision! They were all fun, comfortable, patient, and so helpful. I highly recommend the studio to anyone still hunting for a wedding photographer. Their costumer service and products cannot be beat. Thank you Expressions Studio for capturing our day so perfectly!

Sent on 12/22/2019

Mikaela,

We are so excited to hear what a positive and important impact we had on your wedding day. We truly strive for the best customer service overall. Thanks so much for your review, we really appreciate it :)
  • Joel

Joel Towart · Married on 08/10/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!

Both Emily and Alex were absolutely incredible throughout the entire process and especially day of our wedding. They matched our level of quirkiness and style perfectly which made perfect chemistry for the pictures. We couldn't be happier with the service we were provided!

Sent on 10/01/2019

Expressions Studio of Photography's reply:

We definitely had a fun day with you and your wedding party. I agree that our level of quirkiness paired well together and created the perfect atmosphere for photos. :)

Jordan · Married on 07/27/2019

Efficient!

Alexandra knew exactly what she was doing which made us feel so much more relaxed on our wedding day. She was efficient and directed everyone to what they were supposed to be doing and it made all the pictures run smoothly. Thank you Alexandra!

Sent on 09/10/2019

Expressions Studio of Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate it. Please keep us in mind for future photography needs :)

heidi schultz · Married on 07/26/2019

Incredible professionalism!

Alex and Aaron were incredible! I was very trusting in them as professionals, and did not really direct anything during the course of the day. They guided us seamlessly through every photo, and even more, helped with every little detail along the way like holding my veil, and even having a Clorox wipe ready for when a stain appeared on my dress! Not only will they take gorgeous photos that you will cherish forever, they will assist in making your wedding day as happy and stress-free as possible.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Heidi,
    Your kind words and positive review mean so much to us. We are always so pleased and thankful to hear when our team plays such a vital role in making sure your day runs seamlessly. Your families were a joy to work with and we cannot wait to see you again next year when we do your sisters wedding!

Katie · Married on 07/06/2019

Fantastic photography/videography team!

Expressions Studio was such a dream to work with. Alex and Brian (our photographers) and Aaron (videographer) knew exactly what they are doing and they made taking our day so much fun. Alex was quick to respond to my emails and left me at ease any time I had any freak outs before the wedding.

The morning of my wedding, the team showed up ready to work despite the rain. They were encouraging and upbeat, which put me at ease. They did a great job managing my giant bridal party (20 people) and our crazy family through all of the classic wedding pictures. Alex and Brian listened to our photo ideas and made sure everything was taken care of. (Just a word of advice...hire a second photographer!!! You won't be sorry! While Alex got all of the traditional pictures, Brian captured the casual/candid photos which were equally amazing!) Aaron captured our whole day beautifully, I never noticed him around. I read a letter my husband gave me the morning of the wedding and Aaron filmed me reading it out loud. That is a moment I will treasure forever.

The team stayed with us the entire day and made sure we had everything we wanted before they left. We got our pictures and video back very quickly. Any requests or edits I wanted made were taken care of right away. I am so happy I went with Expressions Studio, best investment of my wedding!

Sent on 09/18/2019

Katie,
    Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience and amazing review of your wedding day team's services. It means the world to us to know that we had such a great impact to your special day!

Mercede · Married on 07/05/2019

Amazing Photographers and Videographers!!

Our experience was amazing! We live in Florida and planned our wedding in Buffalo. So I did my research prior and then after my first meeting with Paul, I knew they were the ones for the day! They were so flexible and accommodating to our travel schedules! They also are just simply amazing at their jobs! They really looked at what I wanted and got so many amazing photos throughout the day! They were also super attentive to my needs as the bride and made sure I always felt comfortable and was getting to tired before the actually ceremony! I would HIGHLY recommend them, Alex and Aaron were simply amazing at their jobs!!!!!

Sent on 09/21/2019

Mercede,

We are thrilled to hear of your AMAZING experience with our photographers and videographers. Thank you so much for taking the time to express how happy you were with their work and them playing such a big role in making sure your day went alone smoothly. :)

Ellen · Married on 05/11/2019

Great experience!

Expressions was great to work with and the photos were so beautiful!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Ellen,
    Thanks! We appreciate your feedback very much. It was a pleasure to be a part of your wedding day!

Anna · Married on 12/31/2018

Great job! I want thx :D
    Lovey you!

Sent on 01/14/2018

Expressions Studio of Photography's reply:

Thanks so much, we appreciate your kind words. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Elizabeth · Married on 11/09/2018

Go with expressions photography

We loved working with expressions photography! Alex helped make our day perfect. She was very professional but also super sweet and kind.. Don’t forget you will be spending the entire day with your photographer and you want to make sure you spend it with someone you like and get along with! We couldn’t have been happier with Alex and Aaron. We have tons of photos that we LOVE and our video is perfect!

Sent on 03/25/2019

Elizabeth,

Thank you so much! The point you make about having a great connection with your photography/videography team is the key to a happy "business marriage". Our clients and couples mean the world to us. We are so happy to hear that we had such a big impact on your special day!

Kristina · Married on 10/20/2018

Our Wedding Experience with Expressions Studio

Paul and his team at Expressions Studio have been such an amazing company to work with for our wedding!!! Connie and Natalie were our two photographers that were absolutely great and went above and beyond! They kept us on schedule, took amazing pictures, and contributed to the most beautiful day ever! They took a variety of pictures, and multiple pictures so that we were able to pick the best ones for our wedding album and our families photos for our home! Great Team!

Sent on 03/19/2019

Kristina,

Thank you so very much for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you on your wedding day and providing you with images that will last forever!

Karl Anderson · Married on 10/13/2018

Timely and Alex did a great job

On the day of they did a great job of getting family and friends to pose and position themselves even thought here was a lot of distractions.

Sent on 03/14/2019

Karl,
    Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review, we really appreciate it :) We understand that timing is everything on the day of a wedding. It goes by so fast, we do not want our couples to miss a thing!
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing photos!

Connie was absolutely amazing on our wedding day. She was so thoughtful in the photos that she took, and she took advantage of fun, unique photos as she saw fit! Our photos came out amazing with the variety of filters that were used. There are too many to choose from!

Lindsay,

Thanks bunches! We try to have fun and be as unique as possible with all of our weddings. Each couple is different and we try to highlight their own personalities in our photos. it was a pleasure working with you :)

Chelsea · Married on 10/10/2018

Wonderful photography/videography

We could not have asked for a better photography/videography company for our wedding! Expressions photography exceeded all of our expectations. They were so wonderful to work with and were so kind and caring and truly wanted to make our wedding day as special as possible. Our pictures and wedding video are absolutely perfect! We will always recommend expressions To our friends and family!

Sent on 04/09/2019

Chelsea,
    We are so happy to hear that we had such a wonderful impact on your wedding day, it means so much to us. Thank you for sharing your experience :)

Kelli Badner · Married on 10/06/2018

Spectacular

Thank you Paul and Natalie for the spectacular job at our wedding. You both were incredible and you felt like part of the family and not just photographers. I can't say enough positive things about you guys. We absolutely love our photos!! You both are absolutely amazing at what you do. I will never go anywhere else for professional pictures. My whole family just loved you Paul..you were honestly the main reason why I didn't have anxiety on my big day. You kept me calm and cool and both of you went above and beyond making sure I was comfortable and not just when it came to photos. I am recommending you guys to everyone I know. Honestly I couldn't be happier.

Sent on 03/14/2019

Kelli,

Your kind and thoughtful words mean so much to us. It was a pleasure being a part of your special day and working with you!

Chelsey Skiba · Married on 10/05/2018

Absolutely Amazing Wedding Pictures!

I recently got married October 2018 and used Expressions Studio on our wedding day. We were lucky enough to have Alexandra as our photographer and she was nothing short of amazing! Alex was incredibly sweet and kind, my entire family loved her. We opted for first look photo’s followed by our bridal party/family photos so that our friends and family could enjoy cocktail hour. Alexandra kept the timing of the pictures perfectly while everyone felt relaxed and at ease. Alexandra chose the most beautiful area’s of downtown Buffalo for our photo’s without me having to plan where we would go ahead of time. The Pictures are absolutely incredible!! I have received so many compliments on how amazing the photo’s came out and have recommended Expressions Studio to several other brides. My future sister in law also chose to work with Alex for her upcoming wedding after being a part of mine. We went with the digital package as it was a great value. The amount of pictures that we received was overwhelming! The online website was great as all of the pictures were uploaded by category and contained multiple copies of each photo edited in different ways. All of our pictures were back to us in a few short weeks. Overall, we were extremely impressed with Expressions Studio and our photographer Alexandra. I highly recommend using Expressions as your photographer.

Chelsey,

We cannot thank you enough for your amazing review of our wedding services. We look forward to seeing you at your future sister in law's wedding and celebrating again :)

Sheri · Married on 09/21/2018

One less worry!

Expressions Studio was phenomenal! From engagement photos, to a boudoir session, to the BIG day and even decision making (TOO MANY BEAUTIFUL PICTURES TO CHOOSE FROM). Alex handled my wild bridal party and produced stunning photos. I cannot recommend them enough. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
    -Sheri & Josh

Sheri,

From start to finish on our wedding adventure together, we enjoyed every minute and every session :)

Kathryn · Married on 09/15/2018

Would recommend them in a heart beat

Paul and his team of photographers and videographers were nothing short of phenomenal. They did our engagement shoot as well as our wedding day. I can’t pick up our beautiful wedding album or watch our video without tearing up. Thank you for making my day a fairytale !!

Sent on 03/21/2019

Kathryn,

It truly means a lot to us to know that we impacted your wedding day so much. Thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled that we made your day a Fairytale! :)

Erica Carpenter · Married on 09/02/2018

Excellent!!

We booked Expressions Studio for both our engagement photos and wedding day photography and videography. Each experience with them was nothing short of amazing! Not only were the photos absolutely beautiful but the photographers made sure we had fun while taking them. We would definitely recommend!!

Sent on 03/18/2019

Erica,

Thanks so much. Our staff also had a lot of fun photographing both your engagement session and your wedding day. We are so pleased that you liked the photos so much and will cherish them forever!