Exeter Events & Tents Reviews

72 | Newmarket, NH

72 Reviews for Exeter Events & Tents

Exeter Events & Tents 1
Exeter Events & Tents 2

We had our wedding reception at the Seacoast Science Center in July 2015 and work with Emily from Exeter Rentals. She was incredibly detail oriented in the planning process and was also extremely helpful in making sure we had the proper amount of rental equipment (glassware, linens, etc.). Emily was super flexible and responsible, making our jobs really easy.

Sent on 07/23/2015

Erika · Married on 09/27/2014

Everything we rented was beautiful, and Lynsie at Exeter events and Tents was great to work with throughout the entire process. The team really saved the day bringing some tent sidings the day of the wedding when it was too windy to even keep the tablecloths on the table. They really hit the ball out of the park with professional staff who were problem solvers and very knowledgeable about tent set up and spacing on a challenging and new wedding venue. They were helpful throughout the entire process and made suggestions on what may be the best option on various items. We felt comforted knowing that exeter events and tents were there to provide everything we needed for our wedding day, from various types of glasses, to plates, silverware and a dance floor. Would definitely work with them again.

Sent on 10/23/2014

Nancy · Married on 06/28/2014

Incredibly easy to work with, had a great selection of table linens and the guys who set up were excellent. Were more then happy to work with us on getting stuff in the right place. Only reason they aren't a 5/5 for me is because the sound system we rented was just terrible, my brother got it working but not without some work. However they refunded us on it so they did make it right.

Sent on 07/06/2014

Lindsay · Married on 09/23/2017

Exeter Tent provided two tents for us for our wedding at Hackmatack Playhouse as well as all of the linen/ silverware/ glassware rentals/ chairs, etc. They made it so easy to rent everything from one place and always updated us when it came to asking specific questions.

Sent on 12/09/2017

Alexandra · Married on 09/04/2016

3.5

Exeter Events & Tents was great to work with throughout the year and a half we were adding and subtracting things from our rental contract. Emily especially was wonderful, diligent, and cared about every detail pertaining to our order to ensure that our wedding rentals went smoothly. She put up with my constant changes and was super responsive, usually getting back to me in a matter of minutes! Everything went soooo smoothly, that it's like you don't even know they were there. They drop everything off, set it up, and then pick it up the next day like clock work. They did a great job and I'm super grateful for their teamwork and communication! Thanks again!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Lissette · Married on 07/12/2014

3.5

We rented our tent, chairs, tables and dance floor from Exeter Events & Tents. Overall we had a positive experience with them. The staff was professional and helpful. A couple of the items were forgotten but delivered to us the same day and two of our white chairs had crayon marking on them. Besides that we were quiet pleased with their attentiveness and willingness to help us figure out where to best place the tent and making sure it was delivered early enough for us to set-up (3 days in advance).

Sent on 07/28/2014

Jade · Married on 09/07/2019

Very nice!

Exeter Events and Tents helped me every step of the way! I was constantly updating numbers and changing things back and forth, but Adrianna was very nice and helped with everything I needed! She always made sure I was taken care of and everything was correct! Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/08/2019

Pam · Married on 08/13/2016

Very flexible and willing to spend time with you and provide you with varying layouts. Emily, Lauren, and Lynsie were all wonderful!
    They were very informative regarding any questions I asked and their setup crew were wonderful.

Sent on 08/20/2016

Reilly · Married on 09/16/2017

We rented a frame tent, tables, chairs, plates, glasses and flatware from Exeter Events & Tents for our September wedding. We did all of our communicating over email and rental consultant, Emily was very responsive and made a bunch changes to our reservation over several months as we finalized the details of our wedding. She helped us schedule a site visit to determine our exact tent needs and helped us right up until the end. When delivered, a couple table pieces were forgotten, but the error was quickly corrected. Would use them again for events big and small.

Sent on 10/05/2017
  • X

Ximena · Married on 10/01/2011

3.5

Great experience. Will use this company again Awesome job!

Sent on 12/03/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 09/05/2015

Our wedding was outside and under a tent, and due to the agreement with our venue we had to use Exeter for our rentals. We had a meeting at their office to determine what we would need. Their office has samples of all the rental items, which was certainly helpful to determine chairs, linens and glass/dishware. While they were very nice and friendly, and easy to work with, they don't always know the correct quantities so be sure to check with your caterer/bartender to confirm. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience, and would recommend for event rentals.

Sent on 10/10/2015

Allyson · Married on 09/05/2016

3.5

We used Exeter Events and Tents for our ocean side wedding on Labor Day weekend and it looked absolutely beautiful. The ceremony was set up perfectly with the ocean as the backdrop. Everything under the tent looked great but the only reason I am rating this vendor a 4 instead of a 5 is they forgot the three trash cans I ordered and didn't place the wine barrel bar in the correct location and it was way too heavy to move.
    If you get the chance to work with Emily, I highly recommend her! She takes her time with you and is super personable!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Joni · Married on 09/12/2015

I had received a quote from a competing company who was a real jerk to work with, so my contact at Exeter took at look at their quote to see if they could match their prices (Exeter was less expensive to begin with). My contact was incredibly responsive, but I wish she helped me more to make sure I had every single thing I needed (I forgot napkins). I would still recommend them for rentals in the area, though.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Andrea · Married on 06/22/2013

3.8
      3.0

I got tent, floor, lights, tables, chairs and all that jazz. Would definetly consider them again for an event.

Sent on 07/03/2013

Grace · Married on 08/04/2018

3.5

We had a mostly DIY wedding at Hamilton House Gardens in South Berwick, ME that required renting everything and Exeter provided our tent and rental items. We started out with a wonderful coordinator who very helpful, but she unfortunately left the company. We then got passed around to several different coordinators. It felt like we talked to a different person every time. Despite the difficult communication the tent and rental items were what we wanted.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Katelyn · Married on 09/18/2011

3.5

Exeter has some of the most beautiful items available for rent, the people I did work with were very nice, the installation crew was super efficient and professional and we were so happy overall. We were unfortunately ill advised on the quantity of certain items - such as glasses, plates. For example we had 16 extra crates of glasses, they were still wrapped, totally unused and of course nonrefundable. They stress that they are party planning professionals, however this was surprising.

Sent on 10/07/2011

Amy · Married on 08/27/2011

1.5

We got a tent for our beach wedding the day before Hurricane Irene.

2 weeks before my wedding, I decided I wanted a bigger tent and more tables, and they amended my contract no problem, Ashley was great and emailed me my new price quickly.

The tent itself was amazing, tall, sturdy, well anchored. The day of set up they were supposed to call me when they were on their way (so I could meet them at the venue), which they never did. I ended up waiting at the venue almost all day just to be sure I didn't miss them, was kind of a waste, but in the end, tent was up and ready and perfectly set up so I was happy. Tables and chairs were great, no issues there, all in good shape.

With my Saturday wedding, it was supposed to be picked up on Sunday. The hurricane was going to hit Sunday so they called and wanted to pick up on Saturday after the wedding was over. We agreed this was ok. However -- they showed up while the wedding was still going on, wanting to take the tent away. I let hubby deal with that one, he gave them some leftover food and told them to come back later, which they did. They weren't happy about it, could have been nicer, but I definitely wasn't kicking people out of my wedding.

All in all, it went well, I was extremely happy with the tent itself just the deliverymen were kind of a pain. If it wasn't for the hurricane messing up the pickup I don't think I would have had any issues, so I would rent from them again.

Sent on 09/13/2011

Sabrina · Married on 09/28/2019

3.4
      3.0

We rented chairs from Exeter for our wedding ceremony in York ME. There were restrictions on the timing that the chairs could be set up and our venue recommended Exeter because they had good experiences with them following the rules.

Overall, they were pretty expensive. The per-chair charge looked fine but there were a lot of extra delivery and set up charges that would apply to almost any wedding rental- for example, a surcharge for events after 4pm and another surcharge for drop off and pick up on the same day. After fees it ended up costing over $20 per chair and we got the cheapest ones they had.

That said, they were easy to work with and did everything they said they would- I just would have preferred a more flexible option that would have ultimately been a better value. They did take credit card payment over the phone which I consider a plus!

Sent on 06/16/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/07/2016

3.4
      3.0

Unfortunately, we were unable to use the chair rentals, due to inclement weather on the day of our wedding. Emily was helpful throughout the entire planning process; however, the delivery man could have been more professional. It was unfortunate that they do not offer a partial refund for weather events, but I can see it from both sides.

Sent on 05/23/2016

Chelsie · Married on 06/20/2014

2.6
      3.0

We used them for rentals for both our ceremony and reception. Everything was fine with the reception, but we had issues with the ceremony. Our venue didn't allow any set up till half an hour before the ceremony started, so I was told they would be there early in order to get started promptly. They were not there early, and when they arrived, they did not even have all the equipment that we needed. Some of our ceremony equipment went to the reception site despite confirming what needed to go where shortly before the wedding. Besides the fact that this further delayed our ceremony and they were setting up while guests were arriving, we also had no mic system and no sound system to play the music that i was walking down the aisle to or that was supposed to be played at the conclusion. Luckily, a friend was playing the guitar for the wedding party to walk down the aisle to, and had some equipment that allowed us to play my song. If he didn't have that, the ceremony would have been ruined. Also, since there was a delay, all of the groomsmen and bridesmaids had to help set up chairs. Not happy.

Sent on 01/22/2015

2.4
      2.5

I rented overlays and partitions. The Overlays were fine, however, the partitions - i was not impressed with. All around, i was not to impressed with their service and responsiveness.

Sent on 01/29/2015

Rebecca · Married on 08/06/2011

2.0

We had originally planned on having real plates for the reception, we ordered and paid for them. We found out later that they had also scheduled the plates to be at the Bushes residence in Kennebunkport the evening before my afternoon reception. They were "hopeful" that the plates would be cleaned and returned in time to deliver them to my reception site. Rather than crossing my fingers and hoping it all worked out - we cancelled them. They gave us a hard time about canceling, saying that the contract stated we had to give 2 weeks notice before canceling. Well we never received the contract via email as they had promised. We made several calls, and even stopped in - I'm not sure we ever received the final contract. But we did get our table cloths (not napkins $1/napkin to rent it?!) and glasses from them, as well as chairs for the outdoor ceremony (which they tried to deliver to the reception site).

Sent on 08/30/2011