67 Reviews for Exeter Events & Tents

Chair Covers (1)
Decor (1)
67 Exeter Events & Tents Reviews

4.7

Exeter Events & Tents was great to work with throughout the year and a half we were adding and subtracting things from our rental contract. Emily especially was wonderful, diligent, and cared about every detail pertaining to our order to ensure that our wedding rentals went smoothly. She put up with my constant changes and was super responsive, usually getting back to me in a matter of minutes! Everything went soooo smoothly, that it's like you don't even know they were there. They drop everything off, set it up, and then pick it up the next day like clock work. They did a great job and I'm super grateful for their teamwork and communication! Thanks again!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 9/4/16, 12 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Altar/Arch, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Clean Up, Delivery, Setup
4.7

We rented our tent, chairs, tables and dance floor from Exeter Events & Tents. Overall we had a positive experience with them. The staff was professional and helpful. A couple of the items were forgotten but delivered to us the same day and two of our white chairs had crayon marking on them. Besides that we were quiet pleased with their attentiveness and willingness to help us figure out where to best place the tent and making sure it was delivered early enough for us to set-up (3 days in advance).

Profile Picture User3464357, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Very flexible and willing to spend time with you and provide you with varying layouts. Emily, Lauren, and Lynsie were all wonderful!
They were very informative regarding any questions I asked and their setup crew were wonderful.

Profile Picture User7109197, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

We rented a frame tent, tables, chairs, plates, glasses and flatware from Exeter Events & Tents for our September wedding. We did all of our communicating over email and rental consultant, Emily was very responsive and made a bunch changes to our reservation over several months as we finalized the details of our wedding. She helped us schedule a site visit to determine our exact tent needs and helped us right up until the end. When delivered, a couple table pieces were forgotten, but the error was quickly corrected. Would use them again for events big and small.

Profile Picture Reilly, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Delivery, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Lights, Tables, Tents

Great experience. Will use this company again Awesome job!

Profile Picture Ximena, 10/1/11, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Our wedding was outside and under a tent, and due to the agreement with our venue we had to use Exeter for our rentals. We had a meeting at their office to determine what we would need. Their office has samples of all the rental items, which was certainly helpful to determine chairs, linens and glass/dishware. While they were very nice and friendly, and easy to work with, they don't always know the correct quantities so be sure to check with your caterer/bartender to confirm. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience, and would recommend for event rentals.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 9/5/15, 6 Reviews
4.1

We used Exeter Events and Tents for our ocean side wedding on Labor Day weekend and it looked absolutely beautiful. The ceremony was set up perfectly with the ocean as the backdrop. Everything under the tent looked great but the only reason I am rating this vendor a 4 instead of a 5 is they forgot the three trash cans I ordered and didn't place the wine barrel bar in the correct location and it was way too heavy to move.
If you get the chance to work with Emily, I highly recommend her! She takes her time with you and is super personable!

Profile Picture Allyson, 9/5/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Setup, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lights, Tables

I had received a quote from a competing company who was a real jerk to work with, so my contact at Exeter took at look at their quote to see if they could match their prices (Exeter was less expensive to begin with). My contact was incredibly responsive, but I wish she helped me more to make sure I had every single thing I needed (I forgot napkins). I would still recommend them for rentals in the area, though.

Profile Picture Joni, 9/12/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Delivery, Setup, Chairs, Lights, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens
3.8

I got tent, floor, lights, tables, chairs and all that jazz. Would definetly consider them again for an event.

Profile Picture Andrea, 6/22/13, 5 Reviews
3.7

We had a mostly DIY wedding at Hamilton House Gardens in South Berwick, ME that required renting everything and Exeter provided our tent and rental items. We started out with a wonderful coordinator who very helpful, but she unfortunately left the company. We then got passed around to several different coordinators. It felt like we talked to a different person every time. Despite the difficult communication the tent and rental items were what we wanted.

Profile Picture Grace, 8/4/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Delivery, Setup, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lights, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents
3.7

Exeter has some of the most beautiful items available for rent, the people I did work with were very nice, the installation crew was super efficient and professional and we were so happy overall. We were unfortunately ill advised on the quantity of certain items - such as glasses, plates. For example we had 16 extra crates of glasses, they were still wrapped, totally unused and of course nonrefundable. They stress that they are party planning professionals, however this was surprising.

Profile Picture Katelyn, 9/18/11, 5 Reviews
3.6

We got a tent for our beach wedding the day before Hurricane Irene.

2 weeks before my wedding, I decided I wanted a bigger tent and more tables, and they amended my contract no problem, Ashley was great and emailed me my new price quickly.

The tent itself was amazing, tall, sturdy, well anchored. The day of set up they were supposed to call me when they were on their way (so I could meet them at the venue), which they never did. I ended up waiting at the venue almost all day just to be sure I didn't miss them, was kind of a waste, but in the end, tent was up and ready and perfectly set up so I was happy. Tables and chairs were great, no issues there, all in good shape.

With my Saturday wedding, it was supposed to be picked up on Sunday. The hurricane was going to hit Sunday so they called and wanted to pick up on Saturday after the wedding was over. We agreed this was ok. However -- they showed up while the wedding was still going on, wanting to take the tent away. I let hubby deal with that one, he gave them some leftover food and told them to come back later, which they did. They weren't happy about it, could have been nicer, but I definitely wasn't kicking people out of my wedding.

All in all, it went well, I was extremely happy with the tent itself just the deliverymen were kind of a pain. If it wasn't for the hurricane messing up the pickup I don't think I would have had any issues, so I would rent from them again.

Profile Picture Amy, 8/27/11, 5 Reviews
3.4

We rented chairs from Exeter for our wedding ceremony in York ME. There were restrictions on the timing that the chairs could be set up and our venue recommended Exeter because they had good experiences with them following the rules.

Overall, they were pretty expensive. The per-chair charge looked fine but there were a lot of extra delivery and set up charges that would apply to almost any wedding rental- for example, a surcharge for events after 4pm and another surcharge for drop off and pick up on the same day. After fees it ended up costing over $20 per chair and we got the cheapest ones they had.

That said, they were easy to work with and did everything they said they would- I just would have preferred a more flexible option that would have ultimately been a better value. They did take credit card payment over the phone which I consider a plus!

Profile Picture Sabrina, 6/3/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Clean Up, Delivery, Setup
3.4

Unfortunately, we were unable to use the chair rentals, due to inclement weather on the day of our wedding. Emily was helpful throughout the entire planning process; however, the delivery man could have been more professional. It was unfortunate that they do not offer a partial refund for weather events, but I can see it from both sides.

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/7/16, 7 Reviews
2.7

We used them for rentals for both our ceremony and reception. Everything was fine with the reception, but we had issues with the ceremony. Our venue didn't allow any set up till half an hour before the ceremony started, so I was told they would be there early in order to get started promptly. They were not there early, and when they arrived, they did not even have all the equipment that we needed. Some of our ceremony equipment went to the reception site despite confirming what needed to go where shortly before the wedding. Besides the fact that this further delayed our ceremony and they were setting up while guests were arriving, we also had no mic system and no sound system to play the music that i was walking down the aisle to or that was supposed to be played at the conclusion. Luckily, a friend was playing the guitar for the wedding party to walk down the aisle to, and had some equipment that allowed us to play my song. If he didn't have that, the ceremony would have been ruined. Also, since there was a delay, all of the groomsmen and bridesmaids had to help set up chairs. Not happy.

Profile Picture Chelsie, 6/20/14, 1 Review
2.4

I rented overlays and partitions. The Overlays were fine, however, the partitions - i was not impressed with. All around, i was not to impressed with their service and responsiveness.

Profile Picture User4745237, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
2.0

We had originally planned on having real plates for the reception, we ordered and paid for them. We found out later that they had also scheduled the plates to be at the Bushes residence in Kennebunkport the evening before my afternoon reception. They were "hopeful" that the plates would be cleaned and returned in time to deliver them to my reception site. Rather than crossing my fingers and hoping it all worked out - we cancelled them. They gave us a hard time about canceling, saying that the contract stated we had to give 2 weeks notice before canceling. Well we never received the contract via email as they had promised. We made several calls, and even stopped in - I'm not sure we ever received the final contract. But we did get our table cloths (not napkins $1/napkin to rent it?!) and glasses from them, as well as chairs for the outdoor ceremony (which they tried to deliver to the reception site).

Profile Picture Rebecca, 8/6/11, 6 Reviews