Exclamation Imagery Reviews

41 | Silver Spring, MD

41 Reviews for Exclamation Imagery

• Lynnita

Lynnita · Married on 06/11/2011

We can't say enough wonderful things about Laura (& Alicia). I wanted unique wedding photos and Exclamation Imagery certainly delivered! They were patient, flexible, and friendly.

They asked what we wanted - right down to a lengthy site visit (we had a large outdoor venue) to make sure they knew exactly where we wanted each set of photos. I bumped my hair appointment up a day before the wedding and Laura had no problem making the adjustment...she even arrived earlier than the hairdresser. In the chaos of an unexpected rain storm, she made the most out of the small indoor space and captured the "intimate" ceremony beautifully.

And, most importantly, the photos are INCREDIBLE. I mean my mother-in-law-is-a-photographer-and-she-says-they're-incredible-INCREDIBLE. We can't wait to get the 12x12 album that was included in our (reasonable priced) package!

Sent on 07/12/2011
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/14/2011

My wife and I hired Exclamation Imagery to photograph our wedding. Of all the wedding decisions that needed to be made, the photography was THE most important aspect for me...and in that regard we have ZERO regrets. Laura and her assistant showed up early, took AMAZING pictures and made everyone feel at ease. My wife can be a bit late (to EVERYTHING), so we were running a bit behind schedule and I was afraid we wouldn't get all the shots we really wanted. Laura got us back on schedule, and we even had time to shoot a few extras that we weren't expecting. When I first saw her previous work, I completely fell in love with her detail shots and her candids. I figured any good photog could snap a standard formal shot, but the candids and detail shots were what really gave a wedding set character. I am happy to say that ALL the shots contributed to the overall beauty in the set: the details, the formals, the "fun formals", the candids...everything. We've gotten nothing but compliments. We couldn't be happier. Thanks Laura!
    -Eli Strong

Sent on 07/14/2011

Amanda · Married on 05/07/2011

After seeing a friends wedding pictures, I had to know who took the gorgeous pictures! It was Laura with Exclamation Imagery and her assistant! Laura is so easy going, laid back, and an amazing photographer! After my husband and I met with Laura, she answered all of our questions, showed us wedding albums, and continued to follow up with us throughout our engagement to see if we had any questions. She gave us a photography shot list and was extremely prompt in sending us the online picture gallery. We received our wedding CD with pictures very quickly as well. I'm so lucky I found Laura through a friend and would recommend Exclamation Imagery to anyone in the Northern VA area looking for a photographer for their wedding day! :)

Sent on 06/27/2011

Kenzie · Married on 03/26/2011

Hello,
    I don’t normally review vendors, but I just wanted to spread the word to other brides who were looking for a photographer. I hired Laura for my wedding and it was the best decision I ever made!! It was very important to me to have beautiful photographs of our wedding and I couldn’t be happier. Also, not only were the photos amazing, but Laura was awesome to work with. She was so professional throughout the whole process and the day of. She worked with me and helped me make the whole thing easier. She was fast in her email responses, which I really appreciated. So, if you want beautiful photos of your wedding, I would highly recommend Laura at Exclamation Imagery.
    Thank you!

Sent on 04/16/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 10/16/2010

I wholeheartedly recommend Laura and Exclamation Imagery. Of course, everyone wants beautiful pictures (and more on that below), but during our planning process, I was also very concerned about the fact that the photographer would likely be one of the people with whom I spent the most time on our wedding day. Once we met Laura, I knew that she would be great to have around on such an important day. It was an easy choice. Her second shooter (included in the package) was also great to be around. So many of our guests commented on both of them throughout the day -- how nice they were, how unobtrusive they were, and how much they seemed to enjoy what they were doing.

As for the pictures, they are absolutely great! The ceremony pictures are great and really capture everything, and I love the shots from the reception and cocktail hour. They had a great eye for people and details, but also captured the overall vibe and spirit of the day very well as well. When I looked at our pictures, I commented that I seemed to be laughing in every one, which just shows how well they captured the overall happiness of the day. Laura and Georgeanne also did a great job of coordinating the group shots and were patient when it took time to round up extended family members and members of our large bridal party.

Overall, I completely recommend working with Exclamation Imagery for your wedding!

Sent on 12/04/2010

Danielle · Married on 08/14/2010

They did such a wonderful job on our wedding photos!! We were sooo pleased and would highly recommend Exclamation Imagery!

Sent on 09/13/2010
  • W

Shirilyn · Married on 06/11/2010

I couldnt have asked for a cooler photographer. My guests kept telling me how cool Laura is and how she fit right in. My husband commented that she looked like she enjoyed her job and that put everyone at ease. I loved that she listened to what I like and dont like and she did it and did it well. Laura and Megan really blended right in with the guests and were never obtrusive. I can't say enough good things about them. They both made me feel so relaxed. I recommend Exclamation Imagery to anyone and everyone. Thank you Laura and Megan!!!

Sent on 06/13/2010

Kevin · Married on 05/08/2010

We just got our proofs today and I am blown away - holy moly our pictures are gorgeous!

We first met with Laura halfway between our houses and her house - she lived at that time in VA but would be coming up to MD to shoot our wedding. She also would bring an assistant armed with her own camera to ensure every angle of every shot was covered. It was really easy to decide on Laura for our photography - she is extremely professional and very good at what she does. And 2 photographers for the price of one, PLUS a coffee table album is such a great deal. We also must note that Alicia's photographs are indistigushable from Laura's - they are both extremely talented. I know some people might worry about the term "Assistant" but there is nothing to worry about here.

On the day of, Laura and her assistant Alicia arrived at the country club early - earlier than me! I was impressed. They were so easy to work with on the day of and during the planning phase. I just provided a must-have list of shots. Then when Alicia discovered during the actual taking of pictures that I missed a few people, she and Laura made sure we filled in the blanks so we would have photos of everyone we love.

I did not notice either Laura or Alicia except during the formal shots. Other than that, they were not obtrusive at all and wore basic black. In photos I have received from family, if you see Laura or Alicia in the shot, they look like wedding guests next to the suits and tuxes. We have seen photos that we did not know were being taken and they are amazing. We also got the proofs via email only 25 days after the wedding. Lightning fast.

I highly recommend Laura and Exclamation Imagery. We got what was promised PLUS some. Thank you Laura and Alicia for capturing our day!

Sent on 06/02/2010

Ashley · Married on 01/16/2010

Its always difficult when you're seeking out wedding professionals for an out of town wedding. You learn to trust websites such as the knot, or wedding wire for a company that has received great reviews and appeals to your wedding budget. Well, if anyone is looking for a fantastic photojournalistic wedding photographer on a reasonable budget Laura Scheidt from Exclamation Imagery is your girl!

I recently had Laura shoot my January 16th wedding at the Villa in Maryland and she did an amazing job! Laura's pictures were gorgeous...she captures the wedding from a view point that tells "your story" and I can tell you she doesn't miss any of the important moments or even those ones that you as the bride miss b/c you're running around trying to entertain all your guests!! She was both professional and personable, as soon as she arrived at the venue I told her that my guests would be a rowdy crowd and she handled them w/ such ease. Her assistant Alicia and she were there for 9 hours from the minute I started getting ready to the very end of the reception. She was taking photos constently yet not in a way that made you feel as though there was a flash in your face the entire time.

If you live in the VA, Maryland, DC area please please check out Exclamation Imagery ...you will not be dissappointed. The pictures she has online are a great showcase of her incredible work. I only hope some of mine will make it on there!! You get the rights to all your images and an online gallery and photobook as well...she works quickly and will always respond to your questions in a timley manner. I would highly recommend her to any bride~!

Thank you Laura for capturing my wedding as a piece of art...every picture is one we will cherish for years to come.

Ashley Spencer

Sent on 02/14/2010
  • Claire

Claire · Married on 12/19/2009

LAURA SCHEIDT FOR EXCLAMATION IMAGERY:

I heard about Laura through another friend who'd used her for her wedding photographer. I visited her facebook site and was extremely impressed with her work and contacted her that day. She called me back immediately and was extremely personable and friendly, responsive and straightforward. We made plans to meet the next week to discuss details and an interview, and she forwarded me some of her references and other links of her work. When we met for the initial interview, she was very organized, gave me a copy of a contract with all of her services listed in detail and prices. She was extremely affordable for the quality of her work and her terms and conditions were standard and not unreasonable. We discussed the different options and the exact style I was looking for (a very journalistic, candid approach), and she was adamant that I be straightforward with her, since she wanted to deliver the kind of services that I wanted. I hired her that day.

We kept in touch about twice monthly until the week of the wedding. She coached me in different varieties of formal shots available and what my options were. She asked for a specific list of "special" moments that I definitely wanted captured and didn't want her to miss. Per our contract, she would drive to 3 locations during the day with her assistant, and I gave her a timeline. The day of the wedding was the big blizzard of 2009. When I called her that morning (around 9- about 5 hours before she was scheduled to arrive at the first location), she was already on the road driving to pick up her assistant and then onto our house. I was astonished at her readiness and willingness to drive in such hazardous conditions, but she was glady and happily on top of it! I told her that we were cancelling the ceremony (which we were at the time), and that she shouldn't try to drive out here. She felt so terrible and was concerned that we wouldn't reschedule, but I assured her that we were rescheduling for January 2 and she readily agreed to the date.

The day of the rescheduled reception, January 2nd, Laura was there with her assistant about 1/2 before the start time. She came into the bridal dressing room and introduced herself and her assistant to the rest of the bridal party and began taking formals of me and my bridesmaids. Throughout the night she checked in with me and was readily available for candids and impromptu group shots. She showed me and my husband some great shots she had gotten throughout the night and even when she told me she was leaving and started packing up (we were still at the reception dancing long after she was scheduled to leave), she saw some great photo opportunities at the last moment and took all her gear back out in a split second to get the shots.

At the end of the night, she presented me with a voucher. Our contract, before the blizzard, stated that she was contracted for 9 hours of photography service. Since we had had our ceremony despite the blizzard, at the last moment (my photographer cousin took our ceremony photos), we only needed her for the reception. The reception was only 5 hours, she was there for 6, and the voucher was good for a free 'newly wed session', for 3 hours, with all prints retouched and freely given. I was taken aback with gratitude and shocked at her integrity. The caliber and quality of Laura's photos speaks volumes of both her talent and character. I recommend and will continue to recommend her without reservation, to anyone looking for outstanding quality in all their photography needs.

Sent on 01/05/2010

Sarah · Married on 10/24/2009

We hired Laura for our wedding and we were so pleased with her service. She was extremely professional and went out of her way to help make our day special. The pictures came out amazing! Even with not having the best lighting in the chapel and the reception, the pictures came out perfect. I don’t know how she did it! We couldn’t be more pleased. Don’t hesitate to hire Laura for your wedding – She’s the best!

-Sarah and Ginny

Sent on 04/14/2010

Silvio · Married on 10/11/2009

I cannot begin to say how thrilled we were to have had Laura from Exclamation Imagery photograph our wedding. As a gay couple, we really wanted to find a photographer who would be open to capturing our special day in pictures (not all photographers we contacted were so). Laura welcomed the opportunity with enthusiasm! From the very beginning, she was professional and responsive to our needs and she offered many helpful suggestions about how to plan our wedding day re: photography. She even photographed us prior to the wedding (as an engagement shoot). Needless to say, we LOVE all of our photos. The engagement photos turned out beautifully, and we continue to be amazed at how thoughtfully and attractively she captured even the smallest moments and details of our wedding day. For the price, you can't beat Exclamation Imagery--for gay AND straight weddings!

Sent on 04/04/2010

Jeffrey · Married on 10/11/2009

Exclamation Imagery was absolutely the finest vendor we used for for our wedding. While our other vendors provided very good levels of service and were totally professional, none of them could equal the incredible value that Exclamation brought us! Their prices were substantially lower than all other photographers that we considered. Their attention to detail, service level, and patience with us and with our guests were all first rate. The photos are gorgeous and were delivered to us ahead of schedule. They were especially attuned to our needs as a same-sex couple and I recommend them to other same-sex brides and grooms!

Sent on 09/26/2010

Theresa · Married on 09/19/2009

Laura and her assistant Alicia were my wedding photographers - and I cannot say enough good things about them. Laura was very easy to get ahold of and answer all my questions before and after the wedding, and during the day managed to get so many amazing photos. It only took around three weeks to get my pictures back, and everybody has raved over the quality of them. Definitely check out her website and schedule a meeting with her!

Sent on 11/05/2009

Danya · Married on 01/13/2013

I was so pleased with our wedding photos (and engagement photos) from Laura at Exclamation Imagery. Laura is incredibly professional, has an amazing eye, and was always accommodating to my sometimes eccentric requests, like asking for copies of certain photos in both black and white and color. (My husband likes B&W photos...I do not.)

If I had to make any criticism at all, it's that I wish we could have found a slightly better location for our formals- Laura hadn't worked at my venue before, and weather prevented us from using the location we had originally planned for formals, and so we had to scramble a bit to find an appropriate backdrop.

But we ended up with hundreds of absolutely amazing photographs of our friends and family, and everyone who's seen the pictures absolutely loves them- Laura really has a talent for making everyone she photographs look their absolute best. We also had a really great experience with our engagement shoot too, during which Laura was great at finding the best ways to use the space to get some amazing pictures. I would highly recommend Laura to anyone- she's a great value for the amazing quality of service she provides, and she is a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 03/25/2013

We worked with Laura and her assistant, Emily, for both our engagement session and our wedding. We have our engagement photos back, but our wedding was just on Sunday, so we'll wait to get those. Laura had suggestions for the locations of our engagement session, and we took her up on the National Arboretum - great location, if a bit windy when we went. Laura had shot at our venue before, and our venue coordinator recommended her. She made sure to get a list of all of the portrait shots we wanted at our wedding, and definitely got through that list the day of. We were unable to do our sparkler send-off due to rain on our wedding day, but might do another session with Laura to get those shots.

Sent on 05/27/2016