Excellent Designs Reviews

Excellent Designs 7
  • Malvina

Malvina Derkrikorian · Getting married on 10/18/2019

So Far So Good

I highly recommend them!! I just started discussing my wedding with them and they've been great!

Sent on 04/11/2019
  • Jaime

Jaime Bartholomew · Married on 03/09/2019

Stunning Decor

Ali is wonderful to work with. He did some of our Ceremony decor, all of our Reception decor; chair covers, draping, centerpieces, etc., and all of our wedding party flowers too. Everything was gorgeous! He is easy to work with and his pricing is great too. We received so many compliments on our Wedding, we couldn't be happier.

Sent on 04/17/2019
    Excellent Designs 16
    Excellent Designs 17

Misty Sherman · Married on 10/19/2018

Perfect day thanks to Excellent Designs

Ali of Excellent Designs took great care of my daughter and I, and walked us through everything. He made the day so special that even the staff at the venue asked us who did the flowers and other stuff as our wedding was one of the best they had seen at the venue (which the venue has as a ton of weddings). Ali's staff pull everything off in a very short time for set up (per our venue's restrictions), yet they made it look effortless. Thank you so much Ali and your staff for an amazing day!!!! I would highly recommend Excellent Designs !!!

Sent on 10/25/2018
    Excellent Designs 18

Brenda · Married on 10/13/2018

Schell Wedding

Ali was amazing to work with. He had everything I wanted to make our reception as fabulous as I imagined it. He exceeded above my expectations and was very flexible to make sure everything fit my budget. When I walked into our reception it was perfect and gorgeous and all our guests along w/ myself could not believe how beautiful everything turned out. It is great to have a vendor that can provide everything in one spot: They did all my flowers including bouquets, centerpieces and flower arrangements for ceremony and reception, charger plates, lighting, a gorgeous sweetheart backdrop. They arrived on time to set up and pickup. I would definitely use them again and recommend to any family and friends.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Megan · Married on 10/13/2018

10.13.18 Roy Wedding

Ali and his team from Excellent Designs were absolutely wonderful! Not knowing very much about flowers and how much they were really going to cost, Ali was so helpful with getting me the best flowers and also keeping within my budget. My bouquet was stunning and the coral flowers matched perfectly with the wedding party attire. I had so many compliments of how beautiful the flowers were. I would definitely recommend Ali and Excellent Designs for any your florists or wedding decor needs for your big day!

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Felicia

Felicia · Married on 10/06/2018

The absolute BEST!

Excellent designs is one of the most professional vendors that I had the pleasure of working with during the planning process for my October 2018 wedding. Ali was extremely helpful, friendly, and just really great to work with. I told him exactly what I wanted, and he delivered my vision 100%. It was so easy to order all of the arrangements and extras for our big day. I was so impressed with every single arrangement that Ali and his wife delivered. I literally couldn’t have imagined more perfect flowers in my dreams! I even got a little tipsy during the wedding and made a bridesmaid photograph me with one of my table arrangements. LOL! Aside from their professionalism and quality of work, they also are very affordable and will not break the bank. They are a one stop shop when it comes to rentals and florals, the more work you give them the bigger discount you will get!

Sent on 10/22/2018
    Excellent Designs 24
  • Theresa

Theresa · Married on 10/06/2018

Great Prices and Value!

I was referred by a friend to Ali at Excellent Designs. Ali was soo helpful and responsive to all my many questions and calls (sorry). We visited his showroom a few months before our wedding and immediately placed an order for our wedding that took place this month. He honestly has the best prices and value by far. We are soo happy we ordered with him. Please do not hesitate to check out what they can do for you. You wallet and budget will thank you!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Hannah · Married on 09/03/2018

EXCELLENT indeed. I found them for my sister's wedding back in 2014 and was delighted to find out that they serve the entire SoCal area for my Mt. Palomar Winery wedding in Temecula on Sept 03. Ali is an absolute pleasure to work with and his prices are out of this world unbelievable, especially when you see his work. There was zero hesitation the moment we saw the quote, you simply can't beat it. Everyone complimented our flower arrangements and both my husband and I couldn't be more pleased the wedding day itself. It is clear that Ali has an eye for designs and knows exactly what you're going for. All we did was told him our theme, and showed him a few pinterest pics for reference and he delivered beyond our expectations. He was always communicative throughout the whole wedding planning period and very transparent about everything, even providing useful tips and suggestions on what would work best for our wedding venue. The only one sad thing was that none of us foresaw the possibility of the wind being extra strong that day which flipped half of our drapes to behind the ceremony arch but the hanging flower flats still made it look fab. I had to photoshop the drapes back in from pre-ceremony pictures lol. So brides who are planning to use arch drapes, definitely do discuss ways to hold it down in the event of strong winds :)

Sent on 10/09/2018
    Excellent Designs 25
    Excellent Designs 26
    Excellent Designs 27
    Excellent Designs 28
    Excellent Designs 29
  • Dan

Dan · Married on 06/30/2018

Outstanding quality and beauty beyond compare. A true professional who delivers more than promised. Everyone in attendance, including the locations wedding coordinator were overwhelmed by the beautiful arrangements and design. We couldn't be happier with our choice. Ali and Excellent Designs do an amazing job at a very fair price.

Sent on 07/08/2018
    Excellent Designs 30
    Excellent Designs 31
    Excellent Designs 32
    Excellent Designs 33

Neomi · Married on 06/09/2018

Excellent designs really did a great job! I would really recommend them for any special event!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Rosa · Married on 05/19/2018

It was an absolute pleasure working with you again for such a special event that we had. You did an amazing job and was very reasonable and accommodating with all the demands I had. Excellent prices excellent work. I can’t wait to hire you for another future invent! Very happy customer twice!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Arman · Married on 04/27/2018

Working with Excellent Designs was an absolute pleasure. We were completely blown away with our flowers for our wedding. We shopped around about 6 different florists but after speaking with Ali, we knew we had found the right one. His knowledge of the different flowers (especially the ones that are in season) was crucial in capturing the look we wanted. Communicating was always effortless and when we showed up on the day-of the wedding, we were in complete awe at all the flowers and many people came up to us and complimented us on the style and sheer number of flowers everywhere. We couldn't have been happier working with Excellent Designs and I look forward to the opportunity of recommending them to someone else! Thank you for helping make our wedding magical!

Sent on 05/14/2018
    Excellent Designs 40
    Excellent Designs 41
    Excellent Designs 42

Ryan · Married on 03/25/2018

Exactly how the rating categories are broken down:

Quality of Service: Provided the exact service discussed with no issues
    Responsiveness: Replied to emails quickly
    Professionalism: Understood our vision, provided advice, and understood if we disagreed with their advice
    Value: Shopped around for a florist, no one could touch their quote. Final product was as-good as anything else we would have expected from other florists.
    Flexibility: Any additional thoughts we had or plans to meet were accepted with no complaints.

Sent on 03/27/2018

Cynthia · Married on 02/17/2018

Ali was amazing to work with. He was very professional and you can tell he knows what he's doing which for us made it so much more relieving. He did our bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, chivari chairs, and uplights. Everything was beautiful. We wanted simple for our centerpieces and did the 3 cylinder vase with orchids inside and floating candles. we received many compliments on how elegant it looked. The setup was done on time and for the breakdown the guys waited until everyone was done and did the breakdown. Ali was very pleasant to work with and he has amazing prices and a lot of things to offer. I would recommend Excellent Designs to anybody.

Sent on 02/27/2018
    Excellent Designs 43
    Excellent Designs 44

Gretchen · Married on 02/16/2018

Ali was very accommodating and provided beautiful centerpieces, bouquets, boutonnieres, drapery and a large arrangement for our wedding. I liked how he was able to do an over-the-phone consultation and used pictures to illustrate his vision. Payments were also made via Venmo which was really convenient. I highly recommend him for any occasion!

Sent on 03/05/2018

Kristi · Married on 12/09/2017

Excellent Designs did my daughter's wedding in 2015 and did a beautiful job. Ali was very accommodating and helped her work within her budget to get exactly what she wanted. The flowers were beautiful! Since then, as an event planner for PlayStation, I have used them several times for our corporate holiday parties and they have been spot with my vision for what I wanted the flowers to look like. They will always be my go to florist for events and when my next daughter gets married. ;) Thank you Ali!

Sent on 12/14/2017
  • C.C.

Sierra · Married on 08/11/2017

Excellent Designs did the florals for our wedding, and I wish I could give them a 6/5, yup.. they're that good! From each of our coordination meetings with Ali, to the day of set up and floral design, Excellent Designs blew us away. I know little to nothing about flowers, but Ali was incredibly helpful with looking at my pinterest inspiration photos and breaking it down for me so the boquets and ceremony decorations were exactly what I wanted. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/19/2017

RYAN · Married on 02/17/2017

Amazing floral design and customer attention! It's been several months since our wedding on February 17th earlier this year and I have to say we've had a wonderful experience working with Ali Sirat of Excellent Designs. We actually miss the whole experience. Ali made it so easy for us by capturing our vision of the floral decorations for our rustic themed wedding meshed with his recommendations from his years of experience. And boy...the result was extraordinary! We honestly shopped around the San Diego area and we were happy & fortunate to find Excellent Designs - impressed with pricing compared to other florists in the area with the top quality floral designs, attention to detail, and customer focus. We knew that the most expensive times to shop for flowers during the year was around Valentine's week and Mother's Day. If you're like me, I did alot of background research on floral design vendors and pricing. Excellent Designs, by far, had the best pricing with the amazing wedding quality. The best part was that they truly want to capture what it is you envision and cater to your needs, which means they will adjust pricing lower. They were very organized and knew that we found the right people who made the floral planning stress-free. They worked really well with our wedding coordinator at The Brick in Liberty Station for our reception and any floral provisions at our wedding site at St. Joseph Cathedral. We actually miss working with Excellent Designs because they went above and beyond to ensure everything at our wedding was top notch. And honestly, seeing the floral decor on our big day was AMAZING!!! Wow...I was very impressed with the attention to detail, and capture of our design flavor. for the wedding....from the florals on our arch to the centerpiece and all decor....I was in awe! Amazing as my beautiful wife who walked down the aisle....from the bottom of our hearts, thank you Ali, your wife, and your staff! To everyone else, make an appointment today!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Lil · Married on 08/20/2016

'The service was worth the drive' was what Ali told us when we met. His attention to detail and quality of work were exactly what we needed on our wedding day. Even though he is based out of San Marcos, about an hour from us in San Diego, his services were worth the trips up and every penny we paid. He transformed our venue into a beautiful space that exceeded our every expectation. The arrangements and fine details were on point. We really appreciate everything Ali did to make our event look every bit as perfect as it was.

Sent on 10/08/2016
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 04/01/2016

We got married at Green Gables Estates, and Excellent Designs was one of their recommended vendors, and Ali did not disappoint! We ordered all of our flowers here - 4 bouquets, 7 boutonnieres, 3 corsages, 20 centerpieces, and 1 large ceremony arrangement, all for $1,000.00. You really won't find lower prices for flowers in San Diego, and our flowers were absolutely stunning. We had a fantastic experience!

Sent on 05/01/2016

B · Married on 10/03/2015

My wedding was magical and my vision I had envisioned for over a year of planning was more than I could even imagine! My guests could not stop complimenting me on how beautiful everything was!

Great prices, flexible on schedule, wide range of selection, honest, and we were able to get first look before our wedding. I nearly fell to my knees!!!! Thank you Ali!

Sent on 05/05/2012

Charlie · Married on 10/03/2015

I worked with Ali at a wedding that took place at the Dana on Mission Bay. Their flowers and other decorations were extremely beautiful and elegant, but what impressed me the most was Ali's customer service. He was so friendly and professional that it almost made me cry. I wish there were more business owners like him in this world. To make a long story short, Excellent Designs is the best wedding decor provider I've ever worked with in my entire life.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Vanessa · Married on 09/18/2015

Ali did an outstanding job for my wedding! He arrived early and made my entire reception and ceremony space look beautiful. We received so many compliments on our decor.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Camdin · Married on 08/14/2015

My mother found Ali on Craigslist and all I can say is WOW! Him and his wife are SO easy to work with and they will go above and beyond to create the vision that you want. Like most girls, I had a dream wedding in mind and not the budget to match it. Ali worked with me until the very end and you know that he cares about what YOU can afford, not what he can get out of you, and he will work with you from beginning to end to get you the best deal. My wedding was far more beautiful than I ever could have imagined - AND they hadn't done a tropical wedding in a very long time! I referred him to multiple people at my wedding and the bartender at our venue hired him for her wedding as well! I truly cannot express how thankful I am for all of the work that they put into our day and you can see that they truly love what they do and take pride in making your vision a reality. Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 08/18/2015