Evins Mill Reviews

21 | Smithville, TN

21 Reviews for Evins Mill

21 Evins Mill Reviews

Lauren · Married on 10/08/2016

Evins Mill was the perfect venue for our wedding and the day couldn't have gone more perfectly. Tina and the rest of the staff were absolutely fantastic. Our guests raved about the accommodations, the food, the setting, and the staff. We were initially a little nervous about looking for a venue in Tennessee as we are a same-sex couple. While ours was their first same-sex wedding, we couldn't tell. We felt they handled our wedding just as they would any other. We are eternally grateful for having found Evins Mill and for their help in making our day so special.

Becki · Married on 09/17/2016

Our day was nothing short of magical! Everything we wanted and expected. Tina took care of everything. She was helpful and flexible and professional, and she knew everything we needed even when we didn't know we needed it. I wouldn't have changed a single thing. The property is beautiful and the food is delicious. Our honeymoon suite was beautiful and peaceful, as well. We really liked that we had multiple options on site for our ceremony and reception locations.

Chad · Married on 05/29/2016

William, Tina, and their team were amazing to work with. My wife and I visited the venue a year before we got married. On our way home from our 1st visit we called William and reserved it. I literally can't speak highly enough of the place. I'm sure I called William and Tina way more than they liked but I never knew it. They kept everything professional and always returned my calls if I missed them. Even the day of the wedding I was still asking Tina questions and she kept her cool and always had the answer I was looking for!

The cabins are hidden in the woods with views you don't expect in Smithville, TN. Having coffee in the morning on your balcony while watching the water run in the creek is always a great way to start your day! The food, oh the food, was excellent! Whether you get married close to Memorial Day or not it is a must to make the Memorial Day cookout! I can't wait until my wife and I go back, because we will be back!

Shannon · Married on 05/14/2016

Evins Mill was a gorgeous venue with excellent food, service, and an amazing atmosphere for my wedding weekend. I elected to rent out each and every room on the property and got a huge discount on the rooms for my wedding guests. The entire property was left for us and we had an excellent time in the game room, strolling the property, hiking to falls, and dining together. We even had a bonfire for the rehearsal dinner night. Every detail was perfect. They decorated our rehearsal dinner with fresh flowers they had leftover from a previous occasion at no extra cost. They provided a signature beverage that we didn't even expect. Everything was easy yet beautiful and amazing. I got comments from everyone that I had the best wedding they had ever been to. I can't wait to come back just to get away.... :)

Ashley · Married on 05/07/2016

My now husband and I wanted to have a mountainous destination wedding. We began researching options then planned a trip to visit venues in Tennessee. We started looking at all-inclusive locations closer to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg. We were looking for something that provided natural beauty and so far we were striking out. The next day we traveled across the state to visit Evins Mill. We fell in love as soon as we stepped out of the truck. The grounds were absolutely breathtaking. We continued our tour with Tina and fell more in love with the venue with each step. The cabins were extremely beautiful and clean and provided the perfect cozy cabin feel. The waterfalls on-site added to the pleasant, peaceful ambiance of the location.
    We rented the venue for the entire weekend, which was perfect. The guests that were able to stay in the cabins loved the getaway making time to hike the trails and play in the game room. Friday night Tina helped coordinate rehearsal and dinner. She made sure everything was taken care of and flowed seamlessly the entire weekend. Many times throughout the day she came to check on me and the girls as we were getting ready. The staff took care of setting up everything including moving flowers from the ceremony location to the reception hall. And the food prepared by Chef Evans was AMAZING. My husband and I still hear our guests talk about the delicious food a year and a half later! Many of our guests commented on the gorgeous venue along with the food. Planning a wedding at a venue eight hours aways couldn't have been easier. William, Tina, and the entire staff at Evins Mill were wonderful with helping coordinate the planning leading up to the big day and the day of.
    The day was perfect and my husband and I cannot wait to take a trip back.

Rachel · Married on 10/25/2014

My husband and I had a wonderful wedding experience with Evins Mill. This all inclusive venue and the warm and professional staff made the planning enjoyable, which is definitely something every bride wants. The natural beauty surrounding Evins Mill first drew me to this venue, and is lovely in every season. The food was amazing with lots of choices, including vegetarian options. We enjoyed our experience so much we often visit for a peaceful getaway. I would highly recommend Evins Mill as a wedding venue, and wholeheartedly stand being my 5 star rating.

Evins Mill 1
    Evins Mill 6
    Evins Mill 7
    Evins Mill 8

Alicia · Married on 10/04/2014

From the beautiful scenery/grounds to the staff, nothing could have made our wedding anymore prefect. My biggest regret was not allowing the venue wedding coordinator to help me plan out the wedding more. Renting out the whole venue and staying the night is the way to go. The food is outstanding--I can't stress this enough! It is the #1 compliment among guests, along with the atmosphere. Also, make sure you take a hike to the falls and enjoy a glass of the local brew on tap!

Evins Mill 9
    Evins Mill 16
    Evins Mill 17
    Evins Mill 18

Katharine · Married on 04/12/2014

Can't say enough wonderful things about Evins Mill! From the delicious food to the breathtaking views... every aspect made for the perfect wedding day. The recent upgrades and new guest chalet took it to the next level. Highly recommend Evins Mill as an event venue. People STILL talk about how fab our wedding was. You won't be disappointed!

Evins Mill 19
    Evins Mill 24
    Evins Mill 25
    Evins Mill 26

Brad · Married on 10/19/2013

The Inn at Evins Mill was the venue for our wedding on 10/19/13. Everything about Evins Mill was OUTSTANDING!! The location, the grounds, the food, and especially the staff is second to none!!

Laurie · Married on 06/29/2013

Our son and daughter-in-law had a warm, family and close friends only, wedding at Evins Mill, which we all enjoyed so much. Being surrounded by nature, the gorgeous hikes, that is something money can't buy. Plus, they asked for a vegan menu and it was some of the best food I have ever tasted. Evins Mill is an accommodating, wonderful place run by unusually kind people.

B · Married on 04/27/2013

We were so thankful that we found Evins Mill, it was the perfect venue for our wedding weekend. We had recently relocated to Nashville so our small ceremony was comprised of family and close friends which flew in from out of town and having Evins Mill to ourselves for the entire weekend allowed us to spend much more time with our guests. The service and food was top notch! Our family still talks about how wonderful the weekend was and my husband and I couldn't agree more!

We just had our daughter's wedding at the Inn. We can't say enough good things about the Inn! The food was superlative, the service was outstanding, and the wedding coordinator was indispensable. The site was gorgeous- can't wait to see how the wedding pictures turn out! The rooms were exactly right for the setting- with nice amenities.

We picked this location sight unseen and we were beyond pleased when we first arrived. The scenery was gorgeous, the views extraordinary, and the helpfulness of the staff went above and beyond any expectation we could have ever of dreamed of. Thank you so much for making our day unforgettable!

• Katie

Katie · Getting married on 06/22/2019

Evin's Mill is so beautiful! I went to tour for a venue visit and got to look around the property, and while I ultimately did not choose this as my venue because of solely logistical difficulties, I hope to go back sometime for a family reunion there because it was such a cool site and felt so welcoming. The cabins are quaint and it feels like you're in the middle of a forest, and the rushing water nearby is very soothing. The food through their caterer is AMAZING. We tried a sample meal, and I wish I could have them as my own caterer! The workers there were very nice and easy to talk with, and if I lived closer and their venue was slightly bigger (my wedding size was too big for the ceremony sites), I would have definitely chosen them. I so appreciate how nice and welcoming they were!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Evins Mill's reply:

Thank you Katie for taking the time not only to visit our property but also to post a review here. I'm so glad you had a favorable impression. Thank you again! William

Ashley · Married on 11/04/2017

Our wedding at Evins Mill was wonderful. The venue was beautiful and all of the staff were kind and accommodating, and the food was delicious. They even managed to deliver beautiful fall weather. I would recommend having your wedding there, or even just visiting for a wonderful get away.

Becky · Married on 10/24/2015

From the moment my daughter & I we saw the Evins Mill property, we were in love. She loves autumn in Tennessee, and was captivated by the setting, able to imagine her big day held there. We said "Alright, if the food is even moderately palatable, we're in!", ...then the food blew us away! We booked for the whole weekend, aiming to give our guests a retreat experience, and the expense was quite worthwhile. The staff were very accommodating and personable, adding Tennessee charm to the already lovely property. The new husband and bride hope to celebrate each anniversary at Evins Mill, feeling it is "their place". (The recently-constructed Solstice rooms are very comfortable and well-adorned, but nothing beats the proximity to treetops and rushing water at the Creekside rooms).

Evins Mill 27
    Evins Mill 28

Michelle · Married on 11/17/2007

I highly recommend Evins Mill to anyone who wants a medium to small ceremony/reception in an intimate and relaxed setting. The venue is situated on a gorgeous property with several buildings and areas that can be used for either an outdoor or indoor ceremony. The Mill has an incredible chef on-site that created a wonderful dinner for the reception, as well as lunches and breakfasts during our wedding weekend. The real highlight of our wedding and overall stay at Evins Mill was the staff. Everyone was incredibly responsive and professional, without being stuffy. The only negative experience I had was during the initial planning stages (I was planning the ceremony & reception from overseas and all correspondences were done via email), but any miscommunication was quickly resolved.

Naomi · Married on 09/01/2013

3.0

Evins Mill will always be one of my favorite places. It's beautiful, tranquil, and enchanting. I knew at our first visit that I wanted to get married here. Dorothy is their on-site wedding coordinator and she is an extremely valuable asset to them. She was so helpful throughout the entire 8 months that went into planning the wedding. And she worked very hard the day of the wedding. All of the staff is amazing, highly professional, and very nice. Destiny and Andy were two employees who were very attentive to my family and me. And the FOOD - I've never heard people compliment food at a wedding reception, as it's typically pretty standard (dry chicken, underwhelming potatoes, etc.) but my guests couldn't stop talking about the dinner! The food is AMAZING.

The only caution I would give is that they sort of nickel-and-dime you with the costs. There seems to be an extra "fee" associated with everything, so what at first seems like one of the Nashville area's more affordable venues ends up costing just as much as having your wedding anywhere else. That was frustrating. With the amount of money we spent, it would have been nice to be given a break here or there. For example, the mark up on alcohol is almost ungodly. The kegs are twice as much as you'd pay yourself and they charge $12/bottle for a $4 bottle of wine. It would have been nice to have been offered a deal of some sort with this, since you can't bring in your own alcohol.

Staci Rhea · Married on 06/05/2015

3.5

The grounds are gorgeous, the wedding itself went very well, the reception was wonderful, food was fantastic, the overnight stay was great and breakfast in the morning was delicious! The staff were all very helpful and our overall experience was wonderful! The only issue we had was they delivered the bride's lunch upstairs to the bride's quarters prior to the wedding that included tree nuts and my allergy to tree nuts was WELL documented prior to the day of the event. Disaster was adverted due to a diligent Maid of Honor, but be aware to make any food allergies a HIGH priority with staff.

Evins Mill 29
    Evins Mill 36
    Evins Mill 37
    Evins Mill 38

3.5

BEAUTIFUL setting for a wedding!