Eve's Florist Reviews

114 | Oldsmar, FL

114 Reviews for Eve's Florist

Tiffany · Married on 08/09/2019

So easy, and everything was beautiful!

Wow, this vendor was probably the easiest vendor I had for my entire wedding lol. It was so easy meeting with them, conversing with them, they were on time the day of! The flowers looked beautiful! If you want a vendor that won't be so complicated or give you a headache, go with Eve's Florist. I told them what I wanted, showed them pictures, and they gave me EXACTLY what I wanted, no complications. They are amazing!! Go with them for your wedding!

Sent on 09/09/2019

Eve's Florist's reply:

Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day! you were fantastic to work with and we wish you and your husband the best of wishes!
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 12/30/2016

3.0

This review is a little difficult to write because for the most part, everything was almost perfect. Kathy was wonderful & accomodating. My wedding was a destination wedding in FL & I met with Kathy once. Great meeting & I felt like she understood my vision. My bridal bouquet was perfect!! I loved it. And the boutenierres and wrist coursages were beautiful! My only issue & hence the 3 rating for Quality of Service is because I was very clear with Kathy about the colors for my wedding (silver & ivory) and asked her to please not add any other color, including greenery to the bouquets, but somehow the day of the wedding the bridesmaid's flowers had some kind brownish berry in them & they arrived 45 min before the wedding started so too late to do anything about it. I wish we could post a picture.

Sent on 01/21/2017

Karen · Married on 10/15/2016

The staff was very easy to work with and the flowers were beautiful and held up wonderful. Price was very reasonable as well!

Sent on 03/06/2017

Kathy was very helpful and had lots of patience when i had to pick out the type of flowers i wanted. I was just a little disappointed that the flowers died sooner then what i was told. Other than that i have no complaints.

Sent on 11/25/2015

Melanie · Married on 05/05/2012

We got our bouquets and boutonnieres throgh Eve's florist.
    Pros- they worked with our budget, they were nice, they were timely, vases were included for bouquets, the flowers were fresh and pretty
    Cons- not alot of differntiation between brides bouquets and bridesmaids (granted we were working with a small budget). We later used our own ribbon and gave the bouquets a pop of color to tie them into wedding color, leaving the brides bouquet as it came wrapped in the white. It would have been nice if this caould have been something they could of offerd. Ribbon costs less than $2. Also i just thought the bouquets would be slightly bigger. My husband thought that was the size they described, but i guess we can agree to disagree on that one.

Sent on 05/18/2012

Lisa · Married on 05/05/2018

4.2
      3.0

Did a great job overall. Would definitely recommend

Sent on 05/26/2018

Jennifer · Married on 11/11/2017

3.8
      2.0

Kathy was super helpful and accommodating. I was a little disappointed with the flower bouquets. They weren’t what I was expecting.

Sent on 11/20/2017
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 08/06/2011

3.6
      2.5

I was on the hunt for an affordable and professional florist for my wedding flowers. Once I walked in to Eve's I was sold. The owner helped me plan bouquets and centerpieces in my colors with affordable and beautiful flowers. I paid in full that day, confident that I could check flowers off my list with no issue. We were going to pick up our flowers on the wedding day and take them to the venue, mostly because the delivery fee was almost half the cost of the flowers. The owner told me to arrive promptly at 9:30. When we got there, the open sign was off and the doors locked. But the posted hours read the store opened at 9:00am. I could see my flowers through the window in their glass refrigerator. I called their number and I heard the phone inside the shop ringing. I left a message and as I had hoped, the owner was paged. The whole mishap seems to be at the fault of an individual employee that failed to show up for work that day. Had my wedding been any earlier in the day, or this issue happened later in the day, I would have been furious. Over an hour after we were told to pick up the flowers, another employee showed up and packed up our flowers for us. While she was assisting, the employee that was supposed to be there in the first place showed up too. Neither employee were very professional or pleasant to deal with. The quality of the flowers okay. The white roses were browning a little on the edges on some of the pieces. Silver was in my colors and the designer spray painted the leaves on the girls bouquets in silver paint which was nice. Despite the issue with service and the slightly disappointing quality of the flowers little was actually WRONG with the final product. I guess you get what you pay for. I got a great deal and I got decent flowers. I'll be honest, I don't know if I would recommend Eve's to a friend.

Sent on 08/13/2011

Eve's Florist's reply:

“I’m sorry to hear this bride had to deal with this unfortunate circumstance. At Eve’s Florist we are always striving to provide the best service for all of our clients and it appears as though we may have “dropped the ball” on this one. You can see from all of our other rave reviews that we are almost always able to achieve the highest level of satisfaction for our clients. However, we are human and mistakes do occur and I can only apologize for the delay this bride had to experience.”

Kristin · Married on 05/03/2014

3.4
      3.5

This florist was good and professional. There was a little problem of getting flowers delivered to two venues, however this issue got worked out and everything turned out great. Had an overall good experience with this florist.

Sent on 05/08/2014

Eve's Florist's reply:

I am glad that you had a good experience with us, sometimes we depend on the venues for the deliveries.

Elyse · Married on 09/24/2016

1.5

The flowers were beautiful, but the customer service had room for improvement. At my first consultation, Kathy (the woman I dealt with most), seemed annoyed that she had to sit down with me. She apologized and said she was having a bad day, and I went ahead and made a deposit. I never received any follow up calls in the next 8 months, and when I contacted her a month out to add pink into my bouquet of white and blue, she told me it would be no problem, and even made sure she verified which flowers I wanted to add in. We decided on a delivery time of 1pm for my 4pm ceremony, and at 1:45 when the flowers had not arrived, I called to inquire what was going on. When Kathy picked up, she said "Oh I knew you would be calling soon asking where your flowers are. They will be there around 3pm, our delivery driver had a mix up." I was shocked that she would not call and tell me the flowers were running late. No apology, and she kind of laughed it off. When the flowers arrived, there was no pink in my bouquet. While the centerpieces were beautiful, and my bouquet was gorgeous (even if it was missing the pink), I don't think I would use them again solely because of the customer service I received.

Edit: After posting this review I received an email from Kathy apologizing for the late delivery of the flowers, and also pointing out that her delivery person stayed to help set up the flowers (which was not something I had opted to pay for). I appreciated her taking time to reach out to me to apologize, and again the flowers were beautiful.

Sent on 10/05/2016

Eve's Florist's reply:

Thank you Elyse for the response, and we are happy that you loved your flowers

Carson · Married on 10/07/2016

2.8
      3.5

My wedding's flowers were simple. Bridal bouquet, 4 bouquets for bridesmaids, 3 boutineers, and one spray for our head table during the reception. My bridal bouquet literally fell apart while I was taking photos prior to my ceremony. Nothing was secure and there was twice as much greenery as there were flowers. I was almost unable to even have a bouquet for my ceremony, after paying good money for one. It was much smaller than we had discussed and seated in a plastic handled cup rather than stem wrapped like every other bouquet I've ever seen. Nothing stays in those cups and my advice would be not to use them anymore. We were able to salvage the flowers and the show went on. Once I got the flowers home, I took them apart to hang and dry. Not only was the bridal bouquet overly simple to dismantle, the spray practically disintegrated also. If you're looking for sturdy, or even moveable bouquets, I'd consider looking elsewhere - or at least making sure you discuss the issue with them prior to your day.

Sent on 10/10/2016

Eve's Florist's reply:

Please accept our sincerest apologies. We here at Eves strive to make all of our couples happy. Had you called us , we would have responded immediately and made the corrections needed.. We did have your mother in the shop and she seemed to be very pleased with the flowers. Also cascading bouquets unless otherwise discussed are made in bouquet holders to achieve the look, had we known you would have liked the stems we would have certainly accommodated you. As you can see from previous reviews we also strive for perfection. Again we offer our apologies

Caroline · Married on 10/24/2015

1.4
      1.5

I spent roughly $600 for all of my flowers for my wedding, although the price was somewhat reasonable...my experience with them was terrible. The day of our wedding, my husband went to the florist to pick up our flowers...they were not ready. They told us that they had no clue that it was our wedding day, which was a complete lie. So, they told us they were going to make them and bring them no later than 3pm. They brought them, and they looked like shit. I could have done a better job, and on top of it..my flowers weren't even the right color. After freaking out on my wedding day, I had my step dad call them and make things clear with them. The only thing they offered to do was go to Publix or another florist and try and find the right color, or have us return the flowers and give us our money back. Which, had I returned them I would have been left with no flowers 2 hours before my wedding. I am more than displeased with this company, and in no way will I ever recommend them to another bride.

Sent on 11/16/2015

Eve's Florist's reply:

If you are reading this response, thank you for making all the way to the bottom of this review. There are always two sides to every story. Rather than try to dispute all of the points the client has made, all I ask is that you look at all the other reviews we have and know that we went above and beyond for this client. Thank you.

Gina · Married on 09/02/2018

0.4
      0.5

Biggest disappointment! When i recieved my flowers from eves florist it was a huge eye sore! I really thought that part was going to make me over joyed and emotionally happy, but did opposite. I had talked to kathy more than once coming into store and describing what i wanted for centerpieces and bouquets and i dont know if she just wanted to do what she wanted or doesnt listen at all. I specifically did not any red flowers bc. I was goong with blush and white boho look and she recommended maroon ones and showed me pictures of dark dark maroon so i agreed to have them in bouquets- they were candy apple red.. and i had to physically pick them off the flower crowns made bc the white roses and bright red looked like christmas, especially against the quartz color dresses. We also talked about putting the bridesmaid bouquets around my venue room for extra flower decor, and i walked into my venue to peak before my guests arrived and being the bride seeing 3 missing centerpieces i almost cried! I know myself n i wouldnt have agreed - I obv wouldnt be shocked about it if i knew that was the plan. It was super upsetting. I spent well over $1200 for flowers i had a small wedding three bridesmaids 8 tables.. I completley feel like i got over charged for the flowers i recieved. Also the cake we talked about greenery on it so i ordered a very simple white cake and i recieved white flowers against it. Not happy. My flower girl “bouquet” was one rose with greenery around it. Pretty sure a bouquet means bundle of flowers. The worst part was my original contract is all digital and is ‘not found’ in my past emails after revised. Also i was unaware of the 150$ set up delievery fee that was slid into contract. I live around the block i could have picked them up myself, also the SETUP FEE ? My flowers were dropped off and my cordinator had to physically put my flowers on the table! I called the owner and spoke to him and he was very rude And mocked me. No help. Worst part of my wedding

Sent on 09/27/2018

Christina · Married on 10/31/2015

0.4

WORST. EXPERIENCE. EVER.

I had booked with Eve's Florist after reading all the reviews here on wedding wire. I have never had a worse experience with anyone. I ended up canceling with them because of their horrible organization. Kathy was nice during the consultation, but that was the only good thing here.

The original written up contract had to be discussed several times before I would sign, because it was not correct. There was constant confusion with contracts, because it was not actually what I had requested. Finally, I signed it after multiple emails and them getting things in order.

Eve's owner then yelled at me for "changing my contract" because my grandfather had passed away and I tried to cancel a boutonniere a little over a month before the wedding. That was already a hard time for me, since my grandfather raised me and was practically my father. He was heartless and rude and I couldn't believe the lack of professionalism displayed. The owner also hounded me for money before the contract date. He called and emailed me all within five minutes of each other, which was a red flag on top of the constantly confused red flag. I had paid the deposit and it was still way before the payment date that he was constantly calling and emailing me.

After continuous argument, I cancelled, and was thankfully refunded my deposit which was a positive on their end. It was not an easy task to get back though. They were also extremely OVER PRICED. I would refrain from using them to avoid any grief in planning your wedding.

Sent on 12/06/2015

Eve's Florist's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to read my response to this review. We never want a dissatisfied client and always strive to exceed the expectations of our couples. We hope that our other reviews will provide a better and more truthful account of the caliber of service that we provide to our couples.