event1013 Reviews

117 | Plano, TX

117 Reviews for event1013

• User5601235 · event on: 11/07/2015

This was a lovely venue and location for an art/literary event. I would recommend it.

Note: The event types didn't include this type of event -- an art gallery show/literary event.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Melissa · event on: 10/03/2015

Denise was fantastic to work with. She was easy to work with, flexible and had some great ideas that helped us in putting our event all together.

Sent on 10/08/2015

4.2

This venue provided the perfect backdrop for our son's rehearsal dinner. The staff was extremely helpful with installation of our decorations and setup on the day of the event, and worked diligently during the evening to make the event flow smoothly. Planning the event presented a few minor challenges, but overall, the experience was positive. I would recommend Event 1013 for this type of function…it set a festive tone to a beautiful wedding weekend in North Dallas.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Alaina · Married on 05/14/2014

4.2
      3.5

This is a wonderful place to have a wedding/reception! Our coordinator was Cory and she was GREAT--so helpful and informative. I don't know what we would have done without her. I would recommend event1013 to anyone wanting an intimate, unique venue.

Sent on 05/17/2014

Rebeca · Married on 08/13/2016

3.0

We held our wedding reception for 170 guests at this beautiful and unique venue. The decor was beautiful and you really don't need much to accentuate its beauty. The staff is very courteous and willing to work with you. Just a heads up that they do have a preferred vendor list for DJs, bartenders, and photobooths for instance. The venue fee also does not include fee for Plano police (if you're serving alcohol), servers, or linens. That added up in the end. We also did have the maximum number of seated guests that the venue allowed, but I think that may have been a stretch. We had to take down some tables later in the night to open up some dance floor, but I think that ended up being a hassle in the end. Still, our reception turned out beautiful and the guests loved it.

Sent on 08/27/2016

3.5

This venue is absolutely beautiful and was a perfect backdrop for our intimate wedding reception. The staff there really nice to work with and quick to answer emails. Make sure you ask for all paperwork, contracts, etc. up front and review thoroughly before signing. event1013 has many rules and will stick to what is written in case of verbal miscommunication. Read all their paperwork and get any exceptions or special considerations in writing for back up. I say this not to warn away from the venue - the team was nice and space worth every penny.

Sent on 01/06/2015

Hilary · Married on 05/19/2012

3.5

Event 1013 is an absolutely beautiful and unique venue. I had originally wanted an outdoor wedding but when my husband and I both viewed 1013 we knew right away it was the perfect location for our small, intimate wedding. The only reason I can't give them a perfect 5 stars is because there was a span of time where getting in contact with them was a real chore. They seemed much more responsive with my wedding planner than me personally.
    Deborah was wonderful on our wedding day, very helpful and made sure that we had everything that we needed. I would recommend event 1013 to anyone looking for a wedding and reception venue.

Sent on 05/31/2012

3.0

We had our wedding at Event 1013 in April. Everything was perfect. The venue is absolutely gorgeous with such a neat vibe. The staff there are very helpful and quick to answer questions for the most part. I would recommend having your wedding or event at Event 1013!!!

Sent on 04/08/2016
  • User5479870 · event on: 09/17/2015

Great place to have an event, the ladies were a tremendous help and we can't wait to go back for another event!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Matt · Married on 11/01/2014

We conducted our wedding ceremony and reception at the historic Event1013 in Plano, TX on November 1, 2014. Throughout the planning, Deborah Pierce ensured all our documentation was processed in a timely manner while also being available to discuss any new developments. CoryAnn Shelton (Day-Of-Coordinator) went above and beyond to make sure our needs were met leading up to and on our big day.
    We absolutely loved our experience at Event1013 and would recommend visiting the venue to see if it works for your next event.

Sent on 11/22/2014

Cammy · Married on 10/16/2014

Overall, we were very happy with event1013 as the venue for our wedding. The staff was quick to respond to questions, and the venue was open often for us to come by to trial decorations and seating arrangements. Of course, they have the obligatory fees and upgrades that always seem to come with anything wedding-related, but they did have fewer of these than any other venue we looked at, keeping their prices reasonable. The day of our event went smoothly, and the staff member onsite did a great job of helping us keep things running smoothly. Our deposit check was returned promptly after our event. We would recommend event1013 for weddings.

Sent on 11/18/2014
  • Hallie

Hallie · Married on 05/26/2012

3.0

The main issue we faced with the venue staff was the responsiveness. At one point, it took three weeks for the coordinator to contact us after both my now husband and I contacted them via email and phone. It was a bit frustrating because we had less than a month before our wedding date to iron out a lot of things. It was also very surprising to find out that the 'professional' paid to place candles and all decorations above six feet from the floor was a random teenager. And the only disappointing factor I had been kind of irritated with was the fact that we had talked to the coordinator about having sparklers as our grand exit to the get-away vehicle and she said that a lot of people did that so it should be fine. Then the day before she said that the rules had changed with the city so we were no longer able to do this... thus we still have a box of sparklers sitting in our closet and nothing for the grand exit.

Overall, I would definitely recommend Event1013 to friends for their special day or for any kind of swanky event. The vibe from the venue is just amazing and you really don't have to spend thousands of dollars to decorate because the textures and art they already supply throughout the entire facility speaks for itself. I especially love all of the antique furniture that was used for greeting, gifts, photographs, etc. We had so many friends and family members approaching us during and after the wedding reception to compliment us on how beautiful everything was, including the venue. It's in a cute area of Plano also! Our out of town guests enjoyed the small restaurants/bars and shops located along the strip.

Sent on 06/11/2012

3.6
      3.0

Event 1013 is a gorgeous, romantic, place to have a wedding. With the brick walls and the original hardwood floors, the venue has a very raw, industrial feeling. Their raw garden has the most amazing grid wall, that when lit up, make the most amazing backdrop to get married in front of. They've got original pieces of furniture, like a hutch and long buffet, as well as a bar and a tall rolling shelf to put your cake or gifts on. We loved being able to incorporate all of the different textures into our wedding.

With that being said, there are a few things that I did not like about 1013. First, they charge you for EVERYTHING and expect you to pay them as soon as they ask for it. If you want to use paypal( a credit card) instead of using cash or check, they charge you a 4% service fee on top of whatever you have already paid them. Another thing is how inflexible they are. If you are booked from 4 to 12 don't expect to get in a minute early, without paying an extra $375 for an extra hour--even if they don't have another event booked for the morning. Yes, that's right, they may have an event booked for the morning of your wedding.
    The staff at Event 1013 are very hard to get in contact with. I had to leave many messages for someone to call me back. On the plus side, when you do get in contact with one of them, they try to be very accommodating and answer your questions.

Overall, Event 1013 made our wedding very special and was a beautiful Venue. As long as you are understanding of their rules and their inflexibility, you will LOVE having your wedding here!

Sent on 04/30/2016

Kelsi · Married on 06/10/2012

3.6
      3.0

I really love this venue. The look and feel were perfect for our personalities and the price was pretty good for a ceremony and reception place. They do have a bridal suite but I wish there had been a space for the groom and his men to get ready. Even though there was a bridal suite and I was told before the wedding by one employee that we could leave things in the suite until after the wedding, the person on staff that day made us take all of our clothing and supplies out of the suite before the wedding which was really stressful and a big hassle, especially since I had been told it would not be an issue. Otherwise, the staff I dealt with before the wedding, during the planning process was very helpful and I like that most weeks they host open houses so that it was easy for me to show my family the venue before the wedding and for my groom and I to get planning done. It's really a great space if you're looking for something a little different.

Sent on 01/02/2013

2.6
      2.5
      1.0

This place is absolutely beautiful and was the perfect size for our wedding of 100 guests. HOWEVER, if an issues arises rather than addressing it the create a new rule against the problem.

when we signed our contract they knew we wanted a cash bar and no where in the contract did it say we couldn't. however it also didn't say that we COULD have a cash bar. between signed the contract and our wedding the policy had changed and we were no longer allowed the cash bar. We were also told we couldn't do drink tickets as that is a way of people "paying" for the drinks it had to be OPEN BAR.

they were not able to provide a "to-scale" floor plan. once everything was in place the day of the wedding we realized would could have fit more tables/seating comfortably.

for the rehearsal we had it on a Friday afternoon and they wouldn't set up the back room for our ceremony layout even though the Friday night event/wedding wasn't for several hours.

the "VIP suite" is a apt behind event 1013. however they have all the room except the kitchen and living room and a bathroom blocked off. there was not enough sitting for the wedding party, parents and grandparents. Also they will not let you in this room until 2 hours prior to the wedding. We chose to do photos before the wedding so the VIP room was almost useless to us. we all sat in there for 20-30 min prior to the ceremony while we waited for guest to be seated.

Sent on 11/19/2013

Marka · Married on 07/18/2014

1.4
      1.0

The venue itself is absolutely beautiful. As far as the venue goes, I don't feel like we could have picked a more gorgeous venue that felt very "us."

Unfortunately, to get the wonderful venue, we had to deal with some not-so-wonderful people. Cory, who walked us around during our first tour, was great. Very informative and friendly. However, we did not deal with Cory again and were left to deal with a very unpleasant employee (I guess she was a coordinator?) She was outright rude to my mother on multiple occasions. Information we were given was contradicted almost every time we met or asked questions. This employee treated us like dirt. Luckily for her, I was a very laid-back bride who did not completely freak out when we kept getting false information. They try to act like all of these wonderful amenities are "included" when in fact, they charge you for every little thing they can. We brought in our own food and were not told about a kitchen "non-refundable deposit" until our last meeting before the wedding- which would have been fine if we had been given this information before we booked the venue.)

During our wedding, an employee was assigned to monitor and basically just be there in case something went wrong. She was absolutely useless. When it was time for dancing, the music was not loud AT ALL. I had to ask for her help in turning up the volume for the premium sound package that we OVERPAID for. She looked at me like she had no clue what I was talking about. We also OVERPAID for a lighting package that was a complete waste of money. I, in my wedding dress, ended up having to fix the audio for our music.

After our wedding, we were charged for candle wax getting on one of the venue's cheap chairs. We were charged more than what the chair was even worth.

Overall, I'm glad we chose event1013 as our backdrop for the most important night of our lives. However, if I could do it again, I would probably shop around more.

Sent on 05/28/2015

Jessi · Married on 06/13/2014

0.5

My husband and I used this venue for our wedding reception. While the location is beautiful, the service is the very opposite. We received multiple complaints from the other businesses involved in the reception and family members. My husband and I both had to leave multiple messages over several days to get a walk-through/meeting. During meetings, some of the same questions from previous meetings/conversations were asked and we had to remind her that we had already gone over that. She would promise to email us required paperwork, but wouldn't follow through. The day of the reception, we had 2 different "wedding directors". One stayed for the 1st half, and the other for the 2nd half. Our caterer entered the back of the building w/ the food 30 min. early to set up,but was told that he wasn't allowed to,even though there wasn't another event taking place. We paid the fee to have alcohol during the event. As my mom & in-laws were bringing in the alcohol, the employee in charge of our event began yelling at them about the alcohol not being there yet and demanding to know where it was. When my mom tried to explain, the employee continued yelling at her. When my wedding planner was decorating, the employee started complaining about the decorations not being put up yet. We were told from the beginning that the employee in charge of the event was only in charge of watching the event to ensure none of the rules were broken, not our timeline or decorating. We were charged for things we weren't informed of and for things we didn't use/ask for. The family members that cleaned up afterwards were asked to leave when we ran 20 min late, even though we were allowed to pay for an extra hour if we ran over. The items left from the reception were moved out to the front curb and some of them lost. I have never seen such horrible customer service. The 2 stars are for the appearance of the venue. This beautiful venue needs a new owner and management!

Sent on 10/24/2014