42 Reviews for Event Horizon Photography

Wedding Portraits (2)
Proofs (2)
Slideshow (1)
42 Event Horizon Photography Reviews

Tl;dr: Ryan and Joy are fantastic.
Sincere, intimate moments can be really awkward to have around people you don't know well, but these two made everything so comfortable. Before, during, and after the events, Ryan was incredibly responsive. And, of course, the photos are outstanding!! If you're in the area, do not hesitate to book with Ryan and Joy if they're available!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 10/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files

Amazing photography! Literally some of the best I've ever seen. Relaxed and fun people, but also very professional and organized. I highly recommend Event Horizon Photography!

Photos
Profile Picture Andrew, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ryan was a blast to work with. The entire process from meeting up, to booking, to the actual day of was a breeze. Probably the least stressful aspect of my wedding. On the big day Ryan arrived ready to rock and roll. He got awesome shots, kept my crazy family laughing and engaged and then the pictures turned out wonderful. Can’t recommend him enough!

Profile Picture Tina, 3/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Thank You Cards, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits

Ryan and Joy were amazing and perfect photographers at our wedding. They have great personalities and I loved that they gave us a few Polaroids to take home right away. They were flexible, responsive, and took a lot of time with us before and after the ceremony to get some great shots. Our guests complimented them several times and asked where we found them. I would absolutely recommend Ryan and Joy for your big day!

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/16/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Proofs, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images

Very happy with our photos. Thank you again!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/10/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Proofs

When my wife and I were looking for a wedding photographer, our priorities were quality pictures first, decent price second. We feel like we hit the jackpot on both. I found Event Horizon on wedding wire and reached out to Ryan. He responded back quickly and seemed very eager to work to capture our special day for us and the price was very reasonable. We wanted to find a someone that didn't have to have all of the pictures scripted and was was able to capture the spur of the moment, funny stuff and after looking through his work, we knew we found that. Ryan and his wife were both professional without being too pushy and bossy. They were there all day without a cap on time or additional fees. They got us lots of excellent photos that we look at fondly to this day. I would highly recommend Event Horizon to do your wedding photography.

Profile Picture Richard, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ryan takes a relaxed approach and truly considers who you are as a couple and what you are looking to capture at your event. I greatly appreciated his technical knowledge, and his ability to recommend some locations for photo shoots. My husband and I couldn't be happier with our wedding photos, and we had a really nice time working with Ryan. We honestly felt like we were working with a friend, rather than a professional photographer. I highly recommend Ryan, you will have outstanding pictures that capture some of your happiest memories!

Profile Picture Regan, 2/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

5 Stars just doesnt seem like enough when rating how awesome of an experience it was working with Ryan at Event Horizon Photography. We had a limited budget for the wedding and an even tighter timeframe and he was so accommodating and had us so excited to be able to capture our families special day with his talents. He was professional, and timely, and all the information collected prior to the event made the day absolutely seamless. We had compliments on how great our photographer was DURING the wedding and reception and that was even before we saw the pictures. The digital files were returned to us with lightning speed and we were absolutely blown away by how many terrific moments he was able to capture. There is not a single aspect that I would change about our choice in photographer. His personality was awesome, his work incredible, and he tailored our needs to fit our budget. We will cherish all the family photos forever and I will recommend him to ANYONE and EVERYONE that I talk to that is planning a wedding or special event! Thank you!

Profile Picture User6244488, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files

Ryan and Joy were the perfect couple to shoot our wedding. The pictures were incredible and their service was top notch. Five stars all around! We purchased the film and digital package and couldn't be more happy with the results. They were exciting, energetic, engaging and truly made our event a perfect experience. I don't think I could ever run out of enough great things to say, they went above and beyond in every single way. Each moment was captured flawlessly and highlighted to perfection. Thank you so much for helping make our day truly unforgettable.

Profile Picture Julian, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Slideshow

Short response: Picking Event Horizon Photography for my wedding was one of the best decisions I've ever made...ever.

Longer version: I was not planning on having a photographer, because I'm pretty freakin' frugal, but my husband's mother talked me into it and I couldn't be more grateful for her advice!! I did a quick google search and Event Horizon was one of the websites that came up. Of all the websites I looked at it, it was the only one I liked. A- Ryan seemed to take every day people and make them look special and perfect, which is how everyone wants to feel on their day right? B - his website is hilarious, it literally made me laugh out loud and C - HE LISTED REASONABLE PRICES! This was such a frustrating thing! Most websites either don't list prices or the prices are outrageous. He was the only photographer we contacted and I was so happy when he offered to meet first before we confirmed anything. For me, this was a very large purchase and I appreciated getting to talk to him face to face and then confirm a deal. He offered a discount for paying in full upfront which we really appreciated.

Ryan and Joy (his wife/asst.) are easy to talk to and made us feel like they were friends and photographers. They treated our friends and family with so much respect. It felt like they honestly cared about our wedding photos being great & not just because it was a job. I don't normally enjoy having my photo taken, but they made it fun & I liked a lot of the photos. I NEVER like my photos...this was truly an anomaly!

Ryan is not someone who is attached to his phone/email, so if you're someone who needs constant, instant responses, you might want to let him know that upfront. My husband and I are more like Ryan, so we actually considered it a perk to have someone who wasn't constantly answering his phone/texts. When he was with us, he was fully there, and fully involved in the moment, a personality trait that sadly not many people have anymore.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kim, 8/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Digital Files

Event Horizon is the place to go if you want high-quality, affordable, professional photographs for your wedding day! Event Horizon has photographed 2 weddings that I was involved in prior to ours, so it was a no-brainer that we went with them. They made our wedding day fun, and was super-flexible and willing to do whatever needed to be done so that we could get the shots that we wanted. If you're looking for a photographer that you can trust, and who has a great eye for photography, look no further!

Profile Picture Kenn, 5/15/15, 1 Review
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot

Ryan was extremely friendly and very personable. He was easy to work with and was very prompt with returning emails and answering any questions we had. Our wedding photos turned out amazing and the price was unbeatable! I would recommend Event Horizon Fotografie to anyone! You will be very satisfied!

Profile Picture Jaime, 10/29/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Event Horizon Fotographie was the best choice for our wedding and the best investment we made for our wedding. I had decided initially that the two most important things for my wedding was the photography and the music at the reception because I love to dance. So I was very set on having Event Horizon based on their expansive portfolio and services. I was very happy with the quality of service. The photographer made sure to secure any special details about family photos or setting ideas prior to the day of the wedding. On the day of the wedding it was a wonderful mixture of getting the shots we wanted as well as using his own creative eye for making sure we had the most unique & memorable photos of our special day. He gave great direction & made a fun and happy atmosphere to catch the best smiles. I was 110% happy with my final results and photos. If you choose Event Horizon Photography you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Rachael, 10/15/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

When I started looking for a photographer for my wedding, I was looking for someone who took beautiful pictures, was easy to get a hold of and talk to, and someone who wasn't going to cost me an arm and a leg. Well, I got all of that and more from Ryan of Event Horizon Fotografie! From our first phone conversation I knew he was going to be exactly what I wanted. Him and his wife, Joy, showed up in plenty of time to help us get organized and figure out the plan for the day. You could tell they were so excited to be there to help us capture the most important parts of our big day. Ryan is such a fun and energetic person and he did a wonderful job! We got all of the shots we wanted and did it quickly so we could head into the reception and enjoy the night! We also had them set up a photobooth for the reception. It was a hit!! It seriously made our reception the party we wanted it to be. I don't think there was anyone there who didn't go up and have their picture taken! Everyone raved about it that day and even today (over two months later) I still get compliments on it. These guys were fun, friendly and professional. You can tell you love what they do and they're great at it! THANK YOU!!

Profile Picture Ashleigh, 10/8/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ryan and Joy were amazing. They are so down to earth and easy to work with. They genuinely wnat you to have the best photos of your wedding. I honestly felt that they were more concerned then my husband and I. Keep in mind the photographer you choose will be ther with you the whole day. With that in mind Ryan and Joy were a pleasure to be around. it was like having my friends as my photographer. the finished product will WOW you!

Profile Picture Kali, 10/2/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ryan was the best!! He always e-mailed me back right away and was always willing to go the extra mile. He is a true photographer. This isn’t just something he does on the side and it shows. He runs a true business and I would recommend him to anyone. By the end of the wedding he was part of the family. He was professional, fun, easy going and a true joy to work with. The photo booth was a hit and I am so happy we got it. In New Jersey there are so many options for photographer and I had heard my fair share of horror stories. I did my research and made the best decision in choosing Event Horizon!

Profile Picture Carolyn, 10/1/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ryan and his associates did a wonderful job at my wedding. The pictures are beautiful and breath taking. I would recommend Event Horizon Fotografie to anyone who is looking for the most amazing wedding pictures of their lives. Another plus is Ryan’s prices! You get beautiful pictures that won’t put you in debt. If you have a budget that’s ok Ryan works with you and you truly get what YOU want!! I would recommend Event Horizon Fotografie for your wedding!

Profile Picture Monique , 9/24/11, 1 Review
4.1

We had a Vietnamese-Italian wedding this past summer and Ryan was our photographer. We got a really good price for everything, including: unlimited hours of photography, a second photographer, 1 massive photo album with 86 pictures, 2 little albums to gift to our parents (highly recommend), and 2 large ready-to-hang pictures. He was very patient with the many requests he received that day and afterwards when we were planning out our photo book. Overall, he is a great guy to work with.

Profile Picture Lorriann, 7/16/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Very professional. Truly thinks of everything. Takes a huge amount of the stress away from the photo aspect of the whole process. Excellent photos, great products, great value, and an all-around fun and enjoyable guy to work with.

Profile Picture Craig, 6/18/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ryan & Joy were great photographers! They were very organized both prior to and on the day of the event. They made sure to capture all the shots I wanted to have in addition to many beautiful others. I was very impressed with the mix of staged and candids that they provided. And I had over 3,000 images to look at when they were finished! I would highly recommend them to anyone interested in wedding photographers in the area. Also, we used their photobooth and my guests absolutely loved it - they are still talking about it a month later and the shots captured were hilarious!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/4/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ryan was extremely efficient and professional. He made our day so fun and has been very flexible with us. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Profile Picture Maggie, 5/29/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ryan took the photos for our wedding in May and he was great. He is very flexible and willing to do pretty much anything to get awesome shots. He had a little bit of a curve ball thrown at him when he was not allowed to be in the sanctuary to take pictures during the ceremony. However, he still managed to take beautiful pictures which captured the moment. He is very patient as well I have a very large and quite unique family and somehow we were able to get all of our family and group shots after the wedding in a manageable amount of time. Everyone who attended our wedding had nothing but good things to say about him. Ryan is a great photographer who takes creative and unique pictures! I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a photographer!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/28/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I also recommend everyone to do the photobooth! Your guests will love it!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/27/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We had Ryan and his Wife Joy! They are friends from years ago and did an awesome job! Very professional with such fun personalities. We had the photobooth which was a HUGE hit all of our guests enjoyed it so much!! We strongly recommend to anyone!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/27/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

A gem to work with and amazingly fun and talented!

Profile Picture Wendy, 1/14/11, 1 Review