Event Entertainment Reviews

286 | Reisterstown, MD

286 Reviews for Event Entertainment

Jackie · Married on 05/07/2016

DJ Mike was wonderful! He was very personable and friendly. He called to help us go through our music choices and narrow down our list. He truly seemed to understand our style and what kind of music we liked. The dance floor was busy all night long! He was even able to accommodate our custom first dance song. The user friendly website that Event Entertainment provides was very helpful in choosing songs and setting up a timeline. The company was always very responsive to my emails. It was a great experience and all of our guests enjoyed the music.

Sent on 05/18/2016

Steve · Married on 04/30/2016

This review is long overdue, but worth it! You should sign with them immediately!

My wife and I really cannot thank Event Entertainment enough for their DJ services. We researched many DJ companies, but most of them either did not fit our personality or were very expensive. We found Event Entertainment when my wife attended the "Brides Against Breast Cancer" event held in the Baltimore Inner Harbor. Dave Holmes (the owner) and DJ Brandon were incredible with communicating with us upon initial contact. They were in our price range and prepared us with all of the details well in advance. They provided up-lighting and they were familiar with our venue, too. To be honest, they were the only vendor who responded immediately to our endless e-mails of questions. As a bride and groom, it was very appreciative to be made a priority in planning one of the best days of our lives. We only met with them when we first signed the contract and two weeks before our wedding day, but it felt like we almost had monthly meetings because their attentiveness and prompt responses. Our last meeting really was the icing on the cake... We met with DJ Brandon two weeks before the wedding to finalize the timeline and playlist. All of the puzzle pieces came together and they were truly the glue to our wedding day. DJ Brandon was incredibly helpful with working out all of the final details, including music suggestions for the ceremony processional, recessional, wedding party introductions, parent dances, etc. It alleviated any stress we had leading up to the actual day. We ended up extending our reception in the weeks leading up to the wedding and Dave was very accommodating with us. The day of our wedding was amazing! DJ Brandon kept us on track with our timeline and did a great job interacting with our guests. He also put together a CD with our playlist which was such a special touch. We have him to thank for making our wedding unforgettable!

Sent on 08/02/2016

Jennifer · Married on 04/29/2016

Dave did a great job! He was very professional and easy to work with. He played everything we wanted and nothing we didn't. Excellent DJ and we would definitely recommend!!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Brandi · Married on 04/16/2016

DJ Dave Holmes has been a BREEZE throughout he planning process so far. Can't wait to see what he does for our big day! I will come back and update the review!

UPDATE 04/25/16:
    DJ DAVE WAS PERFECT!!!! His company also did our photobooth and videography, both were amazing as well!!! DJ Dave is so down to earth and wonderful to work with! he did great taking requests at the end of the night and even entertained my 6 yr old at the DJ booth (most will not even let you near the booth, let alone a 6 yr old - even gave him headphones!!) He kept the crowd motivated and we danced the night away! His response time throughout the planning process was very quick and his event planning website is a LIFESAVER!!! Highly recommend Event Entertainment!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Deborah · Married on 04/09/2016

Our daughter's wedding was April 9th, 2016. She and her now husband researched and selected Dave to DJ at their wedding and he didn't disappoint! His services go above and beyond and his short video which we received in less than 24 hours was the icing on the cake! We highly recommend Dave for your event. Friends called it the Dance Party of the year!

Marla · Married on 04/09/2016

I can't say enough amazing things about Dave Holmes! We chose Dave as his reviews were terrific and I wanted an amazing dance party for our wedding. When we met him we told him he was the most important part as he was the MC, provided the flow of the evening and had to keep an eye on keeping the party going. He did not disappoint! We had the best time and so did all our guests who ranged from 3 years old to grand parents! Every one told us how great the music was and how awesome Dave was which we already knew! He was above and beyond what we could have hoped for on our wedding day!

Sent on 04/14/2016

Bill · Married on 04/09/2016

Dave you and your wife did a fantastic job!! We kept hearing quotes like "best wedding ever" and "dance party of the century"! We just watched the video with my family and were so thrilled to have it, you captured so many moments that we missed! You fully lived up to your reviews and exceeded our expectations!

Sent on 04/14/2016

Kelli · Married on 03/31/2016

The company overall was really easy to work with and very good with communication. The DJ made sure to stick to our selected play list and was very engaging. The photographer was very friendly and captured our day beautifully. I highly recommend this company to anyone.

Melissa · Married on 03/12/2016

I could not say enough about everyone who made our day even more special. The DJ [Brandan] was amazing always checking on us and the music kept everyone dancing. (Carroll) the Photograph took the best pictures and everyone at the wedding thought he was great. He really took the time to talk to everyone and get a picture of every moment. The best!! The photo booth made the day. We still have guest telling us how much fun it was. The props where great and the girls running it amazing. You can't beat Event Entertainment!!!

Jess · Married on 03/05/2016

We were impressed by Dave, which is something you may not realize is important in a DJ. The music was excellent, a nice mix of classic and newer music that was a hit with every generation and group at our wedding, but he also went above and beyond to tailor our ceremony music and other selections to our preferences including using specific versions and sections of larger works. He also managed the whole affair, expertly pacing out the reception events, keeping the whole event moving along at a nice clip so the reception felt fresh right up until the end. He also kept the microphone away from my nutty aunt, always a smart move.

Sent on 04/20/2016
  • User3921928 · 2+ years ago

All I can say is WOW! The owner, Dave, DJ'd our wedding and I can't say enough wonderful things. Our wedding party and guests are not exactly a dancing group. Well, that certainly wasn't the case at our wedding. Dave got a great feel for the crowd, the music we loved, and we barely left the dance floor. Everyone I talked to the next day was hoarse (great sign of a good time!) and said they've never had so much fun at a wedding. Thank you, Dave!!!

Sent on 01/01/2016

Daisy · Married on 12/12/2015

My brother used Event Entertainment for his wedding, 6 months beforehand and we absolutely loved the DJ- Mike. We immediately knew we wanted him for our wedding. He is super responsive to the type of music the crowd likes to dance to. We didn't want to super involved / vocal DJ, we were really looking for someone who would just play the music we love and be professional and DJ Mike was all of those things.

Sent on 01/17/2016

Nancy · event on: 11/07/2015

The event was a total success! Everyone had a great time. DJ Mike was perfect during the event. We wanted to have dancing and didn't need a lot of announcements, and he did just that-- played the music and kept everyone dancing and having a good time.

Sent on 11/18/2015

DJ Dave was amazing. My family is Italian and some of the wedding party had difficult names to pronounce. He worked very hard to ensure that he knew how to say their names when introducing them. Also, he ensured that some of our traditional songs were played, emailing me a few times to make sure he had the right audio files. We spoke frequently with plans and timelines and met before hand to discuss music choices and song lists. His wife came the big night and little did we know was recording our reception and surprised us with a wonderful reception video (we did not have a videographer at the reception). Most importantly, he kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night! He was my favorite vendor by far to work with.

Sent on 04/26/2016

Valerie · Married on 10/31/2015

Dave Homes was the absolute best. Anytime I had a question/problem/concerned, he was so easy to get a hold of, he got back to me within minutes. On our wedding day, he was there early and ready to party, I had no worries with him handling the music. He played a variety of music that both my 92 year old grandmom and 9 year old new brother in law could dance too. The dance floor was never empty, I wish our night never ended everyone had so much fun. We've been married a month now and still hearing from our friends and family about how much fun they had. Thank you so much for making our day special for us.

Sent on 11/29/2015

Crissy · Married on 10/31/2015

If you are in need of a DJing service for your special event, look no further!! Event Entertainment is where it's at.
    Dave has been djing our family events long before you could butt wiggle and shout "Heyyy Macerena!!!" From the latest in technology, to their professional, accommodating, and award winning personalities, Event Entertainment is our families number one choice in djing services.
    And don't get me started on the music. They have the greatest selection of music that even your Mom-Mom will have a hard time staying off of the dance floor!
    I can't say enough about Event Entertainment. Book them today, you won't be sorry!!!!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Jessica · Married on 10/24/2015

We used Event Entertainment for our wedding this past weekend with Dj Dave Holmes as our DJ. He was absolutely amazing and very experienced. He was so easy to get in contact with during the planning stages, was very flexible and where to meet to set-up the details, and on the day-of he didn't have to ask me any questions. He made sure I filled out the convenient wedding planning website they have, and he made sure that all of our wishes and requests were met. He was the perfect balance of professional, fun, and not-at-all cheesy. As a bonus, his wife attended and video-taped my wedding and created a 15-minute, good-quality highlight video. I highly recommend using Dave Holmes as a DJ for your event!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Molly · Married on 10/17/2015

Let me begin by saying we could not have been happier with the services of Event Entertainment and our DJ. Dave Holmes was the DJ for our wedding on 10/17/15. When we first contacted Event Entertainment about DJing services, they responded very quickly and automatically set us up with Dave. They provided a price quote upfront, which was very reasonable. Dave was so nice and professional, and always responsive, responding very quick to any questions/comments we had. We had some songs that we definitely wanted to be played during the rest of the reception, but we also left most of it up to Dave to pick which songs were appropriate to keep our guests on the dance floor. He did great! Our guests were dancing all night and all said how good the music was. At the last minute, I mean like an hour or two before the wedding started, my mother asked Dave if he had any uplights with him that he could set up. He didn’t have any with him but offered to make a quick run to his house (thankfully which was just down the road) and grab some. We were so thankful of this and the lights looked awesome! They really were a nice touch. Dave also videotaped some of our wedding, made a video, and shared it with us. This was unexpected, but very appreciated, and really left us in awe. Talk about going above and beyond!
    I would highly recommend Event Entertainment (specifically Dave, although I am sure all of the other DJs are great as well) to anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding or special event. You will not be disappointed!! The customer service was outstanding and they are great to work with. Thank you Dave for everything, although we can’t thank you enough!!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Emily · Married on 10/11/2015

Brandon did a fabulous job! It was helpful that we got to meet with him prior to the wedding to go over the schedule and pronunciation of everyone's names in the wedding party. Based on his suggestions, we made some updates to the schedule so the cocktail hour and reception could run as smooth as possible. During the wedding, he was attentive and flexible. Guests commented that they really enjoyed the music selections and were impressed with his services.

Sent on 10/26/2015
  • Mandy

Mandy · Married on 10/11/2015

Dave was very helpful getting us started with DJ services for our wedding. He arranged for us to meet with Steve Smelser who talked to us about options for entertaining our guests at the wedding. When we decided to book with DJ Steve, we were sent a link to our personalized event planning website where we selected songs and entered specific details about our wedding. This website was very helpful and kept us organized throughout the planning process. We talked on the phone to DJ Steve the week before our wedding- even though the conversation only took about 20 minutes, the ceremony and reception ended up going exactly as planned. DJ Steve was very accommodating, playing all of the music we requested and even helping my mom with a 'centerpiece raffle' she had come up with. Even though we had a Sunday afternoon wedding, the dance floor stayed pretty busy and everyone said they had a great time.

Sent on 11/08/2015
  • arwoodring

Alexanderia · Married on 10/10/2015

Dave was an absolute joy to work with. From our first interaction I knew he would make my wedding day special. He was always quick to respond to all of my emails and made me feel at ease. His professionalism is outstanding and accommodated every request I had and the surprises from my family. I cannot thank him enough for making my wedding day so special!!!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Alison · Married on 10/04/2015

We had a Sunday wedding. I was scared people were not going to get out and dance and have a good time like I wanted them to. This was NOT the case. Dave had everyone on the dance floor the WHOLE night! People did not finish dinner or eat cake because they were having too good of a time dancing all night to stop!

Not only was Dave's music great but he was also super helpful. I struggled to pick a few of my important songs and he sat with me at Panera and went through folderS of music helping me find the perfect song. So many people came up and told me how sweet my granddaughter/ grandfather song was. And I owe that to Dave!

One more thing I love this company for is they took a video of my wedding day. From the prep to the ceremony to the dancing. It is a video my husband and I will cherish all our lives. It is so special and shows how much fun everyone is having (thanks to Dave.)

I have already handed out 2 of his business cards to people at my wedding that loved him so much they want to use him for their weddings. They loved how he kept everyone dancing, and played music everyone could dance to no matter their age.

Dave also keeps in mind that you are spending a ton on a wedding and is very reasonably priced!

I OBVIOUSLY give my HIGHEST recommendation to Dave if you are looking for a fun wedding!!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Alyssa · Married on 10/03/2015

Dave Holmes was the DJ for our wedding and he was AMAZING through every step of the process. He was very responsive to e-mails and everything was so easy from day 1. The online planning forms were thorough and easy to use. We met with Dave a little over a week before the wedding to go over all our selections and introductions and as soon as he told us that all of our musical choices were songs he usually played, we were even more confident that our reception would be great. And it was! The dance floor was packed all night and everyone I spoke with raved about the job Dave did. He even played a couple school songs from our alma mater for a special moment for all the alumni present at the wedding. He created a short video of highlights from our reception which I love because we didn't have a videographer. I can't recommend Dave and Event Entertainment enough!

Sent on 10/23/2015

Jaclyn · Married on 10/02/2015

DJ Dave is amazing! Before our wedding, we met twice to discuss music selections and order of events. He has pretty much every song you could want, and if he doesn't, he will find it for you. All I wanted to do at the reception was dance, and the music was perfect! Everyone was up dancing the whole time after dinner! What a fun night! DJ Dave also made us a video of our wedding that has special clips of our day!

Sent on 11/01/2015

As we began planning for our big day, we interviewed several Dj's. The music was very important to us; we clicked immediately with Brandon Reddinger. He met with us several times to select our dinner music/first dance/ cake cutting and dance music. If we were stuck for one of the special songs, he gave us several options to choose from. He also edited our first dance song just the way and length of time we wanted. On the big day, from the moment the bridal party arrived at the venue to the last song, Brandon took excellent care of us. Throughout the reception, he made sure we had everything we needed. The dance floor was rocking for 2 straight hours. We could not have scripted a more perfect evening. What we found amazing is that Brandon was about the whole evening not just the music.

We have raved about our DJ and already two of our guest have already booked with Event Entertainment for 2016's weddings. I think that speaks volumes about this vendor!

Sent on 05/29/2015