48 Reviews for Evelyn Alas Photography

High-Res Images (3)
Albums (3)
Prints (1)
47 Evelyn Alas Photography Reviews

Evelyn photographed my daughter's wedding. She is professional and very easy to work with. The bridal party felt so comfortable with her and the quality of her work is spectacular. I am planning on hiring Evelyn for all of our photo needs.

Profile Picture Diane, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Evelyn was referred to us by my brother and sister-in-law, and we're so glad we listened to them. It was a great experience being photographed by her as both a bridesmaid and a bride. She is such a kind and comfortable person to be around, and really worked to get exactly the photos we wanted. She also responds to emails promptly! She's the best!

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Evelyn is absolutely wonderful to work with. She is very sweet and executed everything we had discussed. We had only communicated with Evelyn via phone/emails prior to our wedding day because we had engagement pictures done the day we were engaged, but she was always incredibly responsive and made us feel very comfortable. Evelyn's excitement during the day of our wedding was so great. She made us feel special and captured incredible images that we are grateful to have forever.

Profile Picture Kelley, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Evelyn photographed our wedding and also did our engagement photos. Throughout the whole process she was absolutely amazing to work with. She was professional, flexible, and so helpful throughout the planning process. On the day of the actual wedding, she made us feel so comfortable, but at the same time, took control over each situation. Her excitement in each photograph she took, got us excited and allowed us to really get into taking some fun/enjoyable pictures. The actual photographs turned out amazing and exceeded our expectations. My family enjoyed working with Evelyn so much that she is now photographing my sister's wedding as well. I highly recommend using Evelyn as your photographer for your wedding. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/15/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

We had so much fun with Evelyn and her assistant on our wedding day! I was planning our wedding in Baltimore from Florida and luckily my wedding planner recommended Evelyn - from her website I could tell that her pictures were beautiful, plus she offered a package that fit my needs & my budget. Evelyn was great with communication and we chatted on the phone but mostly went through email since that works best for me. She didn't miss any details in the planning process and was super helpful - most of the things she was asking me about I hadn't even considered, so she made great recommendations and helped me work out what was best for my husband and me. On the day of, she and her assistant showed up right on time and dove right in. They were both great at grabbing details, making sure we didn't miss anything, all while getting some great candids of everyone getting ready. Evelyn and her assistant were both bubbly and so nice to work with, it wasn't uncomfortable or awkward having strangers with cameras in the room at all! Evelyn was also super efficient - my husband and I wanted to run from our venue down to the Inner Harbor for some pictures, and we didn't do a first look, so we had to squeeze everything in during cocktail hour, and I didn't want to delay the reception by a second. We got everything done! Evelyn had a plan and made sure we got everything we wanted. Now my teasers are out and they're absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to see the rest of what she has! I highly recommend Evelyn to everyone!

Profile Picture Samantha, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Evelyn is one of the best photographers I have ever met! She is so amazing! We just had our engagement session with her and she will be doing our wedding photos too! She is hands down, the best! I would recommend her over and over again. 5 stars does not do her enough justice. Our photos turned out so beautiful and she was so understanding to the fact that I was a bit camera-shy. She is responsive and very competent. I would not have wanted anyone else to share this wonderful memory with.

Profile Picture Kerly, 5/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Evelyn did such an amazing job shooting our wedding on April 2,2016. Our families were awed by all the great quality photographs she snapped!
Evelyn was very friendly and sweet! She made us feel comfortable in front of the camera! She captured every detail of my wedding! Starting from the set up of the venue, my hubby getting ready, and of course my bridesmaids and I getting ready! She was everywhere capturing every detail /moment she could! I was very very happy with all of my wedding pictures! We wouldn't have been able to have Evelyn as our photographer if it weren't for her willingness to travel to TN! We are so thankful for everything she did! I would definitely recommend Evelyn to anybody looking for an excellent photographer! Thank you so much Evelyn!!!

Profile Picture Heydy, 4/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Evelyn was amazing to work with! She is very professional but at the same time makes you feel very comfortable posing for the camera. Both our engagement photos and our wedding photos turned out beautiful!

Profile Picture Edwin, 3/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

As "non-picture" people, we knew that finding a photographer was going to be a challenge and we could not be more thrilled to have selected Evelyn. From our first phone call, her bubbly personality is infectious. She understood very quickly during our engagement session when to take queues from my Husband as to when he needed a break and on the day of made sure everything went smoothly. We wanted to make sure that we spent as much of our wedding a possibly with our guests and so Evelyn was very helpful in getting in all of those more posed pictures early and in an efficient manner so that we could join the party. The photos we have received from her to-date have been amazing and we look forward to more. We would highly recommend Evelyn.

Profile Picture Kerrianne, 11/7/15, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

Evelyn Alas Photography did an amazing job capturing the best moments of the most important day of our lives. My wife and I are completely satisfied with Evelyn’s work and will definitely recommend her to everyone we know!

It is a delight to work with Evelyn, she is great at capturing the right picture at the right time and her flexibility and adaptability add to a much more enjoyable time.

She was on time to every place we agreed to take pictures at and she was ready to give suggestions on how to pose for the perfect picture.

If you are looking for a good photographer to capture the most important day of your life, don’t hesitate to contact Evelyn Alas Photography, you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Yair, 10/23/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files

Evelyn was very professional, patient and very attentive to our needs!! She met with us to discuss ideas, she asked what it is that we were looking for and she made sure that she produced what was requested. She was really great. I love how all the photos came out! I would recommend her services to anyone.

Profile Picture User6272086, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Evelyn was such a pleasure to work with. She really makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera and is the sweetest person to be around. Her work is great and she couldn't have captured the moment more perfectly!

Profile Picture User3712798, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I originally found Evelyn because I was looking for a photographer with great pictures in her portfolio who also speaks Spanish. Evelyn responded very quickly to my questions, and she was very flexible in helping us pick a package that worked for the amount of time we needed and our budget. We met with her for our engagement pictures and we knew we had chosen the right photographer. Evelyn made us so comfortable; it was like having a friend take our pictures! She was very responsive throughout the whole wedding planning process. She always answered my emails quickly and was very helpful with all the questions I had. Our pictures turned out beautifully and we loved having Evelyn at our wedding to capture our special day!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/26/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

Evelyn is professional, and delivers great work. She build a good relationship with her clients. You'd be very well served to select her as your photographer.

Profile Picture User6108822, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files

Evelyn was amazing in every way! Everyone at the wedding commented on how friendly and professional she was. During planning, she was always prompt with emails and reminders and extremely friendly- so nice to work with. During the wedding, she was so calm and non-intrusive but still got amazing shots. Many people came up to me afterwards telling me they wish they'd had her as their photographer because the one they went with for their own wedding was intrusive or always asking for pictures. My husband and I are so happy we choose Evelyn as our photographers. Our pictures came out amazing and so did our album!

Profile Picture User3928164, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files

Evelyn was fantastic - our photos came out great, and she was so willing to be flexible throughout the process - making sure that we enjoyed our special day, and got all the great photographs that we wanted (and so many that we didn't even realize we wanted!). I can't recommend her (and her fabulous assistant) highly enough!

Profile Picture User5645566, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

New to the DC area I had no idea who I should use as our photographer. After many searches and many emails with several photographers Evelyn was the first one who was willing to work with my budget and my needs. I wanted two photographers and I needed them for a certain amount of hours and I wanted to stay within my budget. She suggested having the additional photographer for slightly less hours to be able to remain within my budget. This was a great suggestions because I really only wanted two photographers for the morning preparations and the ceremony.

Evelyn and her assistant were awesome all day! They arrived on time for the wedding hair & makeup preparations and got some great photos of all the details. Evelyn was creative and used the hotel space wisely and the pictures turned out beautifully.

At the ceremony she captured so much emotion with out getting in the way. I was very adamant about not wanting her in the isle blocking my view of the groom. I've seen several photographers do this and it so annoying. So I was very happy when she was a sneaky as possible around my ceremony not getting in anyones way or distracting from the ceremony.

I loved her suggestions on shot locations between the ceremony and reception. She picked out a great fall tree that turned out beautiful pictures. She ran around with us to several locations on a cold over cast day to get all the pictures we wanted. At the reception she got great detail shots and actions shots of all the things going on. I did a lot of the decorations myself so I was happy to see how she captured all the hard work put into the personal decoration touches.

She truly captured our wedding day perfectly. I could not have asked for a better experience with such an awesome photographer!

Profile Picture User4663301, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

My fiancé and I loved Evelyn's services! She not only captured the actual proposal itself (cleverly without me knowing), but she also spent a great deal of her time taking engagement portraits of us afterward, despite the cold wind! She got shots before and directly after he proposed and they simply emulate the joy of the moment. We are so thankful that we have them to look back on.
She and my fiancé coordinated the time and place of the proposal and she managed to get photographs of us from a far off distance up until we were less than 5 feet away from her (again, I still had no idea she was there!). The photos truly encompass the entire event and we are so excited to share them with our friends and family. After the proposal, my fiancé and I went to my parents house for a surprise engagement party and within hours, that same night, Evelyn emailed us teasers photos that we were able to look at with the entire party. It was perfect! I don't mean she sent 2 or 3 photos, she sent about 30! It was more than we could ask for and made the night even more exciting. I would highly recommend Evelyn Alas Photography to any future bride (or groom!) looking for a genuine, talented photographer that can truly capture the joy of your proposal or wedding.

Profile Picture Jamie , 10/18/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography

My fiance and I used Evelyn for our engagement photos. Evelyn was timely in her responses and so flexible. We needed to reschedule the photo shoot due to military training and she was very understanding and considerate. Our photos turned out AMAZING! We took photos around DC: Archives, Pennsylvania Avenue, WWI Memorial and the Lincoln Memorial. She managed to capture the most beautiful photos of us in just 90 minutes! My fiance was extremely impressed as well and even dislikes taking pictures, however with Evelyn, he could not stop smiling! All the shots were great and we would definitely recommend Evelyn to anyone looking to shoot their engagement or wedding photos.

Profile Picture User4372449, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

There aren't enough words to describe the emotions felt on that wonderful day. Fortunately for us, Evelyn was able to take amazing photos that captured the essence and joy of such an amazing day and bring back those great memories. Evelyn is great to work with, she made us feel comfortable even though we both are a bit shy. We are truly happy with her amazing work!

Profile Picture Rebeca, 8/23/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Ms. Alas did an outstanding job at our wedding. She was very professional and treated us with courtesy. One of the things we liked is the fact that she was very flexible to meet our needs.. She was very sweet and that made us feel very comfortable when taking pictures of me and my now-husband. I highly recommend her services

Profile Picture Andrea, 7/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Evelyn was TREMENDOUS! We couldn't have asked for a better photographer for our wedding. She was totally present during our photos before the wedding -- orchestrating the best shots, but making sure we had fun, too -- and seemed to be everywhere during the ceremony and event. She is now our go-to photog for all occasions!

Profile Picture Kate, 5/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My fiance & I shot our destination engagement pictures with Evelyn this past October and we could not be more pleased with the experience from start to finish. A true professional, Evelyn is simply a joy to work with. I am an event professional myself, and the customer service and attention to detail was flawless while working with Evelyn. We absolutely loved of engagement shoot in DC and we are in love with our photos!

Profile Picture Janina, 10/24/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We had a very small, non-traditional wedding and it was quite a challenge finding a photographer we liked who offered options we were looking for. Evelyn's reviews led us to her; after meeting Evelyn, we knew we found the perfect photographer. Evelyn was exactly what we were looking for and so much more! Her wonderful photography style and wedding album options are top notch. Evelyn respects busy schedules and always responded in a timely basis. She was most accommodating and her artistic eye helped us see possibilities we hadn't imagined. Our pictures and wedding album turned out spectacular! We had plenty of photos to choose from and the background pictures she used made it all the more stunning. I have never liked having my picture taken, but Evelyn has such an easy going style, a lovely, warm demeanor and grace, it was easy to trust her and I felt totally at ease. I have never felt more beautiful and we are forever indebted to Evelyn for capturing the love and joy of one of the happiest days of our lives. My husband looked stunning in his military uniform and Evelyn took amazing pictures of his cover, sword and medals to use as backdrop. Evelyn caught some wonderful candid moments of our family and friends, who have all raved not only about how beautiful the pictures turned out, but also how wonderful it was working with Evelyn.

We believe in giving credit where credit is due and we highly recommend Evelyn for any type of event. We plan on using her services again to capture our life and loved ones milestones.

From the bottom of our hearts, Evelyn, thank you, thank you, thank you...

Profile Picture Monica, 10/12/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

Evelyn was amazing! My husband does not love being in front of the camera, and Evelyn put him at ease. She has a very creative eye for detail, and produces very romantic and unique pictures. She's very sweet and makes you feel special. I recommend her! She truly made our engagement and wedding pix beautiful.

Profile Picture Jackie, 1/19/13, 1 Review