Evan Robold Photography Reviews

56 | Tucson, AZ

56 Reviews for Evan Robold Photography

MJ · Married on 11/01/2014

Evan Robold takes beautiful photographs. We cannot be happier with the pictures of our wedding. We originally found Evan by seraching online for wedding photographers in Tucson. His portfolio really stood out because every photo had great lighting, even in tricky lighting situations. When we first met to interview, he was friendly, professional, and personable. Better yet, his style matched what we were looking for - someone who would take great candid pictures while being out of the way and not being intrusive. We had a great engagement photo session with hundreds of great pictures over 3-4 hours! At the wedding, he was like a photographer ninja, capturing photos from multiple angles while not being seen. The photographs are beautiful - great lighting and composition and timing. He and Shannon captured so many wonderful moments, we could not be happier.

On a more personal note, my mother passed away less than a month and a half later, and the photos we have from the wedding are really treasured with her happy and captured in many great moments including our last family photo together, dancing with me as part of the mother son dance, and dancing with my dad, her husband of 50 years. She couldn't make it to the dance floor to dance with dad so they danced at their table, but Evan was attentive and aware enough to capture a very touching moment which we treasure.

The only thing we feel Evan could work on is he direction and organization during the family "set" photos. This includes directing how people set up but also detail direction like "fix your hair."

With that being said, we just have so many wonderful photos we are really overwhelmed and one of the best decisions you could make while planning your wedding is to book Evan early and for many hours!

Sent on 04/11/2015

Cheyanna · Married on 09/20/2014

Evan was referred to me by a friend who is also a photographer. They teamed up and captured my big day. Evan did an amazing job and was super accommodating with the details of our HUGE wedding party. I would recommend (and have) Evan as a photographer without any hesitation.

Sent on 04/24/2015

I was so pleased with the quality of our daughters wedding photos! Not only were the images unique and artistic, but we never knew Even was there - he captured every moment without being seen! Since the bride and groom did not see each other until the ceremony, capturing that first look on both faces was a concern, as Evan works solo. It was not a problem and those are two of our favorite images. He is a true professional and so very nice to work with! He has packages to fit any budget as well!

Sent on 06/07/2014

Kim · Married on 04/04/2014

Evan was amazing! He was very professional. He was a lot of fun to work with and our engagement pictures were gorgeous. We haven't gotten our wedding pictures yet (its only been a week) but I know they will be amazing!

Sent on 04/12/2014

Evan is an amazing photographer! He is very down to earth and willing to listen to any crazy ideas you may have(my husband and I had plenty!) He is great about communicating and keeping you up to date on anything happening. He was a joy to have at our wedding!

Sent on 04/20/2014

We absolutely loved working with Evan. His prices were great, and he was very flexible in tweaking the packages he offered. He's such a nice guy, and that's important when you're spending a great deal of time with a vendor. We even asked if he'd be willing to photograph the rehearsal dinner, and he fit right in with the family! He was comfortable around everyone, and therefore everyone was comfortable around him which is important for good photos!

The quality of the photographs were great. We absolutely love and treasure our engagement, rehearsal dinner, and wedding photos. He delivered the finished product well within the stated time frame. We are also really happy with our album as Evan did a wonderful job designing it.

I highly recommend Evan. If I was still living in Tucson I wouldn't hesitate to book him again for an even or photoshoot. He's great!

Sent on 05/06/2015

We were so happy with his work!! We live out of state and he worked with us and communicated as much as possible.

Sent on 04/14/2014

Melissa · Married on 04/27/2013

My husband and I were so excited to look for a photographer for the wedding because like most people, we wanted our special day documented in a way that we could look back on a feel like we're reliving the whole wonderful experience. Because my husband is a photographer I let this be his area of searching and deciding, and he did just that! We previewed and spoke with every photographer in Tucson. However, that search came to an abrupt halt when we found Evan. Not only were his photos absolutely captivating, but his disposition towards photographing the wedding was humble and very enthusiastic. He had a great price which was also very appealing to us. He shot our engament and wedding photos, and both were very fun and relaxed! Evan has a great laid back and journalistic style, which allowed my husband and I to be ourselves and goof around with each other while he snapped photos. Ultimately, showing our true personality with out being too posed, which my husband and I both appreciated. We met once over coffee before the wedding to chat and go over different shots we had in mind so that come time for the wedding there was no scrambling or confusion. I couldn't have appreciated him more than I did on the big day, he made everything easy so I didn't have to think, or worry, about anything. My husband and I are so incredibly thankful to have found Evan and would encourage EVERYONE to use him for their event, he is the best!

Sent on 05/17/2013

Britney Valenzuela · Married on 03/28/2013

Perfection!!

Evan is an amazing photographer, the photos he shot of my little family are forever cherished!

Sent on 02/08/2020

Jennifer · Married on 02/23/2013

My husband and I selected Evan Robold as our wedding photographer, and we were not disappointed. From our first meeting, Evan was receptive to our ideas and able to answer all of our questions. He showed some impressive samples from his portfolio and was also knowledgable about our wedding venue. Finally, he never pressured us into any sort of commitment, which we appreciated.

On the day of our wedding, he showed up promptly, as promised, and immediately began taking pictures. He took pictures at all stages, from getting ready, to the ceremony, and all important parts of the reception. He took over 500 pictures during the night, so when we received them we got a pretty decent representation of our day. Furthermore, it seemed as if his pictures told the story of our day.

Overall, we were extremely pleased with the product we received from Evan, as well as his professionalism. We would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for the right photographer to capture the memories of their special day.

Sent on 05/25/2013

Evan was WONDERFUL to work with! He has a calm demeanor that is so refreshing when surrounded by the chaos that comes with a wedding. He listened to my fiance and I about our style and likes and dislikes in photos, and he was able to incorporate those aspects into our photos.

Sent on 03/06/2013
  • W

Whitney · Married on 02/15/2013

Evan is an incredible photographer with a unique vision when it comes to weddings. His photos aren't stiff, over-posed, boring or the same old same old. He was always prompt and professional when it came to meetings and on the big day. My husband an I aren't big on being photographed but with Evan there it never felt like we had a camera in our face. He took incredible photos and no one even really noticed him! I think it's hard to find a photographer who is so involved in making sure he gets amazing photos while at the same time not having to stop to pose people.

I think the best way to describe my photos from Evan is a story. I look back and feel like the photos tell a story about not only our wedding, but the relationship my husband and I have. I never get tired of looking through my wedding or my engagement photos (also done by Evan) and I'll show them to whoever will look! I've received so many compliments and even had a few family members look back on their experience with wedding photographers and wish they could have found Evan before their big day.

I felt that as soon as we booked Evan, I didn't have to worry about photos at all.

Our photos were finished and sent to us in a very timely manner, in fact, they were done early which was a great surprise.

Evan is a fantastic photographer and he's a great person. We met a few photographers before Evan and nothing clicked. Within a few minutes of talking to Evan, both my husband and I knew, this is the person we want capturing one of the biggest and most important days of our lives.

Sent on 05/10/2013
  • Rodney

Rodney · Married on 02/02/2013

Evan was awesome! He communicated clearly through email and always within the same day. On the wedding day he was very accommodating and moved the picture schedule as needed. We only wished we would have paid for one more hour so he could have taken more beautiful pictures.

Sent on 05/19/2013

After searching high and low through internet sites and friend recommendations, we stumbled across Evan. We instantly feel in love with his work and portfolio.

Evan was really great to work with from beginning to end. He is super professional, punctual, and easy going.

We started off with an engagement session, which turned out to be a blast! Evan was creative and had some ideas up his sleeve for some great shots. He was also very open to any of our own ideas and favorite spots.

During the wedding, he was everywhere without being intrusive and was able to capture every special moment beautifully. He was very patient with us and especially with our guests. If his work ethic wasn't enough, the resulting pictures were stunning. He seemed to know when a great moment was about to develop and was always ready for it. I love showing off our wedding pictures as we always get complimented on them. We can't thank Evan enough for capturing every second of this once in a lifetime moment for us with such professionalism, style, and creativity. We would highly recommend Evan for any event and we look forward to working with him again.

Sent on 05/09/2013
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/12/2012

One of the most important vendors to me personally for my wedding was the photographer. I have nothing but AMAZING things to say about Evan. He was just awesome!! I will recommend him to EVERYONE for any kind of event! I haven't even seen the finished photos yet! If you want a professional, affordable, and flexible photographer, you should give him a call ASAP!

Sent on 10/16/2012

J · Married on 07/07/2012

We loved working with Evan. His work is stunning, and he was so easy to work with. He arrived early to everything, was always available for meetings and questions, and got in touch with us regularly to go over details. During the wedding he was great at directing us for posed photos and made us look and feel our best. After the posed photos and portraits, he stayed to take pictures of the reception and we barely noticed he was there-- he captured a lot of great candid shots. He always came up with lots of suggestions and used the space very well, but he was never pushy. He had a great attitude, and that helped us feel calm and stress-free.

Sent on 07/26/2012
  • Emily

Emily Leyva · Married on 05/22/2012

Best photographer for our most important day!

Evan was amazing! He was so comfortable to talk with, and I felt like he just understood what we wanted for our engagement and wedding photos. During our wedding he managed to capture a perfect mixture of candid and posed photos, and was able to give us photos from each important moment of the day. He literally did not miss any detail. He’s taken family photos for my sister and she loved them as well. We were fortunate to meet Evan closer to the beginning of his “official photography career” and I’m so happy to see his success grow and the amazing photos he shares. Would definitely recommend Evan for your special day or family photos.

Sent on 02/07/2020

Ashley · Married on 05/17/2012

Evan was a great photographer! I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 06/25/2012

Lindsey · Married on 05/05/2012

I cannot begin to tell you how pleased I am with the service I received from Evan Robold Photography. I had a consult with him very far in advance (because I am a super planner) to discuss my wedding and the pictures that I had in mind for my event. Not only did he come up with better ideas than what I had in mind but he was prompt, and prepared with his laptop to take notes of everything. He gave us different options for how long we wanted to book him for, and different things to keep in mind the day of. We booked him for the maximum amount possible and he came to my mom’s house the morning of the wedding to take pictures while we were getting ready which was super important to me. Evan was very prompt and had everything he needed with him. Not only does he have the best personality but he is super calm which is what every bride needs the day of her wedding. I just got my pictures back and I could not be more thrilled. I wish I had a tenth of the creativeness that he has. He has such an eye for things going on and I have the most amazing shots. All of my friends and family that have seen them have said they are by far the best wedding pictures they have ever seen!

Sent on 05/29/2012
  • Linda

Linda · Married on 04/28/2012

I would highly recommend Evan Robold Photography not only to any brides out there looking for a wonderful photographer, but also for anyone looking for portraits in general. I stumbled upon Evan's website through weddingwire and I instantly fell in love with his pictures and style of photography.

My new husband and I don't share your traditional love story of meeting and falling in love and living happily ever after... our love story took a more practical approach, full of almost two years of bad timing (i.e. when I wanted to date him , he had a girlfriend...when he wanted to date me, I wasn't ready), but cemented in something real, a foundation that allowed us to see eachother for who the person really was from the beginning and being able to fall in love despite everything else. Because of this, we've never been too cheesy or taken eachother too seriously, we joke around a lot, and we're not afraid to be brutally 100% honest with eachother at all times.

We wanted a photographer who understood our unique relationship as a couple, and who would listen to us and work with us , as opposed to taking control of our pictures and making us pose for him, or putting us in cookie-cutter clothes and snapping our picture away! And we found that in Evan.

We were able to tailor and guide our own engagement shoot, and he was more than happy to let us pick our poses, locations, and yet somehow managed to capture some of the most beautiful, candid moments between us that truly captured who we are as a couple. Our wedding pictures are no different. In fact, i can honestly say that I don't remember seeing him taking pictures! He was always so professional and discreet at the church, never in anybody's way and photographing us in little quiet moments we knew we had (and loved), but never imagined we could remember them forever through his images.

With our marriage, my husband and I joined two cultures together, and Evan was so sensitive to that, everyone loved him! There was not one picture request denied, and it was so important to me that my family felt comfortable enough with him to ask him for this picture, or "can you take one of us please?". You never realize how important that is to you until you're living it on your wedding day, trust me!

I highly recommend Evan for your wedding day - you will not find a better overall experience anywhere else!

Sent on 06/13/2012
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 04/22/2012

Where do I start? If you want a photographer that will produce amazingly high quality creative photos and add a little extra something to your fairytale wedding, then Evan is the photographer for you.

Evan's calming presence made the entire wedding party feel at ease during the photo session. He was able to help us set priority to our photos and get everything we wanted in a short amount of time. The moments he captured during the ceremony and reception will allow us to relive such a magical day for the rest of our lives.

Thank you, Evan! Our pictures our so beautiful.

Sent on 07/04/2012
  • Michelle Marking-McGraw

Michelle · Married on 04/13/2012

I am really happy to share our experience with Evan as our wedding photographer with all couples listening, to let them know what is possible for them in capturing their special day. With Evan, they can have their most precious moments caught in the most beautiful, intimate and unexpected ways and have those memories at their fingertips, and all the emotions those memories evoke for the rest of their lives. I am so incredibly grateful to Evan. He has blown us all away.

In searching for a photographer, I looked at the websites and photobooks of somewhere between 30-40 photographers before finding and choosing Evan. Evan's were the only photos that moved me to the point of tears and mind you, I was looking at people I didn't know!

Because my husband and I come from opposite sides of the country and I have family and friends overseas, we decided to have a very intimate wedding of immediate family and a couple of dear friends only. Because of this, I had it in my mind that the photography was so important because I wanted the photos to capture as much as possible, the essence of who my husband and I are to each other, who are family is to us, not just for our sake but also for our family and friends who weren't there with us. The resounding comment I have gotten from everyone is they see the joy and the love present and that "they felt like they were there" looking at the photos. That connected all of us in a way that is very special and important to me.

In addition to having seen his impressive work beforehand, from our first interaction and since, Evan's professionalism, his listening and clear communication, his true caring and commitment to what he does, left me totally confident everything would be great. What an understatement. He and his work surpassed all my expectations.

On that day, his calm, warm, kind, happy and fun demeanor and his high level of professionalism and skill were so wonderful and reassuring. We had FUN and it was all so peaceful and flowed! My husband and I could just BE and be in the moment with each other and fully enjoy our wedding day and the people we love most. All the joy, love and happiness we felt, and everything that was beautiful, was captured. Evan is a true artist with an eye for love.

I could go on and on but one final thing I want to share is that because of the cold weather the night of our wedding, we had to leave our beautiful outdoor reception to go indoors sooner than I had anticipated. I wanted so much for us to enjoy our reception outdoors. At that moment, I had to just let it all go and stay focused on what was most important. When we got the photos, my heart just overflowed at what I saw. Every single precious moment was there, and the beautiful reception with the candlelit table underneath lanterns hanging from the trees was captured in all its beauty in a way that looked magical. Nothing was missed. These were the best photos of our lives.

We consider Evan a friend and will ask him to take our family portraits going forward. I am so thankful we found him and that he is out there doing what he is meant to be doing in the world – capturing in the most beautiful way the love and happiness of family and friends. He can do the same for you. He and his work are priceless and more than worth the investment. You will be so happy and grateful you chose him.

Here's to the beautiful moments of your special day!

All our best,
    Michelle and Brendon McGraw

Sent on 05/31/2012

Gloria · Married on 10/22/2011

Evan was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was extremely flexible, super approachable, and very cost effective. I am so glad that my husband and I chose Evan as our photographer. We also took our engagement photos with Evan and we received the photos very shortly thereafter, which was great. It was then that I knew we had made the right choice in photographer for our wedding day. We got a really nice variety of pictures from our big day and again Evan was very quick in getting our photos to us after the wedding. Overall, I was thrilled with Evan's work and cannot wait to use Evan again in any of my future photographic needs and I will gladly recommend him to any and everyone who may need a photographer in the future.

Sent on 01/10/2012

Kenneth · Married on 10/07/2011

Professionalism at it's best. Our daughter's wedding date was changed due to her being commissioned into the Air Force 5 months earlier than expected. Evan was available and handled every detail beyond our expectation. Products and services were second to none. Our friends and family members present and around the country loved the photos and the ability to see them on the wed-site so quickly. Our copies of the photos on CD were flawless.

Kennsth and Barbara Armstrong

Sent on 04/09/2012

Stacy · Married on 06/11/2011

Our wedding pictures are amazing, and Evan is a wonderful photographer to work with. My husband, and I are truly thankful for what an amazing job he did. We highly recommend Evan Robold Photography!

Sent on 04/04/2012