Evan Robold Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

• Yael
    Yael G. Married on 05/02/2022

Evan is a true gem

From start to finish, Evan was exceptional. His calm and kind demeanor was wonderful to have on my wedding day. My friends and family raved about how great he was. The photos came out better than any of us expected. My father is a photographer and a tough critic; even he was blown away by the creativity and quality of Evan's photos. My husband and I met with 4 photographers before finding Evan. You'll definitely want this one for your wedding!

Evan Robold Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Yael! Your wedding day was so beautiful and I enjoyed every minute of it. I'm so glad your dad was happy with the photos too. :)
  • Colleen
    Colleen O. Married on 03/06/2022

If you've been waiting to book Evan...here is your sign!

Evan did our elopement shoot in 2021 (that we used as our save the dates last year) and for our wedding this year. We cannot thank Evan enough for the experience we had with him. He put us both at ease while shooting and was super helpful in guiding us to get the best shots. He is fantastic at what he does, and truly tailored our experience to what we wanted as a couple.

We loved every. single. photo. we received from him, as did our families and friends. We can't wait to get the rest of our wedding album!! P.s. Two of our wedding guests loved his demeanor and work so much at our wedding, that they asked him on the spot if he was available for their date! Book him now!

Evan Robold Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Colleen!! You and Jason are the sweetest, and I loved every minute of your wedding. Thank you for choosing me to capture it!
    Allison J. Married on 09/26/2021

You don't need to look any further - you've found the one.

Evan is by far the best photographer we could have asked for. From his true talent to who he is as a human, he is an absolute joy to work with. I'm a disabled woman and Evan was more than willing and able to accommodate anything I needed during both our engagement and wedding day photos. His attention to detail and truly capturing every moment blew me away, especially when we got our wedding photos back and I saw that there were photos of our lost loved ones included in the décor photos. His skills in both shooting and editing are unmatched by any other photographer we looked into here in Tucson. Not only will we be reaching out to him for all of our future photography needs, I will be recommending him to everyone we know. Regardless of the reason you're looking for a photographer, I guarantee you will not be disappointed if you hire Evan.

Evan Robold Photography's reply:

You're so sweet, Allison. I absolutely loved working with you and Kevin. Thank you for your kind words!!
  • Cynthia
    Cynthia S. Married on 04/17/2021

Evan makes your vision come true

Evan was great, we are so glad he was our photographer. He did our engagement shoot and our wedding day pictures. And both came out so great, he definitely considered what we asked for and delivered.
    We found Evan through recommendation from our friend’s wedding, we looked him up and liked what we saw. For our engagement shoot we had some specific asks, and Evan stepped up to the challenge and made it happen. Once he knew what we wanted, he figured out how and when to make sure that we got the shot we wanted. We got so many compliments for our engagement shoot, in particular our save-the-dates precisely because he made our vision come true.
    For our wedding day, we had Evan and a videographer, and they worked so well together to make sure the final product was amazing. Evan was such a help during our wedding day, making sure we were not running behind schedule, and even helped reorganize our First Look to make sure that the moment was picture perfect! And it was!! Some of the images he got, we don’t even know how he got them! So good!! Evan’s style is laid back and candid shots.
    My husband really liked that Evan provides all photos of the wedding day, he researched and this was something that he did not like that other photographers limited. Evan provides a digital album, a USB, and print allowance based on package.
    I really liked that he was there for me, he took in all I said and followed my lead and did what was needed to get as close to what I imagined.
    Some general bridal advice, always be direct to your vendors about what you want, what poses, what you like most, what you want to capture, what theme you want to go with, and such. Your photographer, Evan here, will do what you ask, he is there to get your wedding pictures, not theirs. Without direction you never know what you are going to get, so help them to help you.

Evan Robold Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your sweet words Cynthia! I loved capturing your day, and can't thank you enough for trusting me with your wedding photos. I'm so happy I was able to help make your vision come true. :)
  • Marissa
    Marissa L. Married on 04/10/2021

Amazing Photographer

Evan was such a perfect addition to our wedding. He was professional, friendly, answered all of our questions in advance, and captured our wedding day with the most beautiful photos. I fully recommend him - you will love your pictures!

Evan Robold Photography's reply:

Wow, thank you so much for your sweet review, Marissa! I loved working with you & Michael! Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day.
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra R. Married on 03/13/2021

Amazing Wedding Photos

Evan did an amazing job capturing our day. He was really easy to work with and made us feel comfortable and relaxed. All our photos came out so beautiful that we had a hard time choosing what to print.

Evan Robold Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the sweet review Alexandra! You and Nathan were amazing to work with. :) Best wishes for the future!
  • Jorge
    Jorge Married on 12/17/2020

Everything we could have asked for in a photographer

Evan was such an amazing, accomodating, talented, and kind photographer. Evan was in contact with is throughout the tumultuous attempts at setting up a wedding in 2020. Despite setbacks and rescheduling Evan continued to provide amazing service. Evan showed up early to our event and was able to communicate clearly with ourselves and our guests to get great intimate shots. The pictures are so beautiful and captured the fun and connection we had at our wedding. We got a link to high quality images of the pictures soon after our wedding in an easy to access and shareable format. During all of this Evan was always excited for our wedding and helpful. I cannot recommend him enough.

Evan Robold Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Jorge! You and Lauren were wonderful to work with. Wishing you guys a happy first year as newlyweds and many more to come!
    Ken H. Married on 08/02/2020

Evan is a true professional!

Evan is a true professional. He has a keen eye for what makes everyone look great. We have had our entire family portrait (13 of us) done multiple times and they turn out awesome every time. This is quite a challenge when there are so many little ones to keep happy. Evan is patient and we never felt rushed. I would highly recommend Evan as a Photographer for your wedding or family photo event.
    Lissi W. Married on 04/11/2020

Easy going and excellent photographer!

Evan was absolutely amazing! Extremely professional and calm demeanor. Excellent photos! I was impressed the most by his ability to capture the emotions and spirit of our wedding.

Evan Robold Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Lissi! It was wonderful getting to know you and Garrett. Thank you for letting me be a part of your day. :)
    Courtney W. Married on 02/07/2020

Evan produces excellent quality photos, and makes the experience easy and fun.

Evan has been our family photographer for all of our most memorable milestones, including our engagement, wedding, maternity, and family sessions. He is an amazing photographer, and also one of the nicest and most professional guys you’ll ever meet!
  • Kristen
    Kristen E. Married on 01/24/2020

Engagement and wedding photos

I absolutely cannot give enough stars for this review. From day one, Evan was calm and confident which was oddly comforting to a stressed out bride. On the wedding day, Evan popped in and out of areas to get all those sweet little moments no one really thinks about until they get pictures. My husband and I were very impressed that Evan blended into the reception. I have and will recommend him to any friends needing a photographer in the future.

Evan Robold Photography's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much for these kind words Kristen. I hope you guys are doing well! Capturing your wedding day was such a pleasure. :)
    Adrienne L. Married on 10/26/2019

The best photographer

I would hire Evan again and again. He and Scott took amazing pictures and were incredibly friendly and flexible. We got our pictures in a timely manner, and Evan even sent us a special gift. I can't wait to see what he does with our book. Hire him!
    G Giaimo Married on 07/21/2019

Evan is who you want!

If you are looking for a wedding photographer, Evan is who you want-- and need to hire! He perfectly understood what we were imagining for our photos capturing the big day. He was flexible, incredibly easy to communicate with from a different state, and was a perfect addition to our plans. We can't wait to hire Evan again for photos as our family grows!
    Katie Married on 04/27/2019

Beautiful, creative, and timeless photography

Evan was our wedding photographer last April at the Stillwell House in downtown Tucson. We were so happy with our experience with Evan. He made the whole process very easy especially since we planned or wedding while living out of state. He was very responsive and easy to make plans with when we knew we would be in town. Setting up an engagement photoshoot was easy and a fun way to practice and get to know him and his art a little more. He captured the feelings and beauty of our wedding day and I love reliving the day just by looking through the stunning photos. He is a true artist and professional and you can tell he loves what he does and truly cares for his clients. I would recommend him over and over especially if you want photos that tell the story of your special day!!! Thank you Evan, we couldn't be happier with what you captured on the best day ever!
    Candice B. Married on 04/06/2019

The Perfect Photographer

We loved working with Evan Robald! From our engagement pictures to the wedding day, he was absolutely wonderful. All of our pictures he took were amazing! Quality, clear pictures that were natural looking. We are so happy with the product and have had so many compliments. He has a real talent for capturing the natural, candid moments and capturing the emotions of the day. He was easy to communicate with and provided us with our pictures in a very reasonable time frame quickly after the event. 100% would recommend Evan Robald Photography! Amazing work for a great price and great experience!!
    Jessica Married on 02/09/2019

Great Experience!

My husband and I absolutely loved working with Evan for our engagement and wedding pictures. Neither one of us really enjoy getting our photos taken but Evan made it so enjoyable with his professional but also laid back personality that allowed us to just relax and be ourselves. We also liked that he sat down and met with us at a coffee shop before our engagement photos to discuss what we wanted, then he met with us again before the wedding to help us build a timeline and make sure he knew exactly what we wanted. It was so nice to be able to talk to him in person before the big day, he put so much time into getting to know us and it really shows in our photos. Evan went out of his way to make our wedding great and capture all of the special moments perfectly. After the posed photos we didn’t even notice he was there because he managed to blend in with the guest while getting tons of great photos. He even managed to get incredible photos of my 2 and 3 year old nephews which I didn’t know was possible. We received our pictures earlier than we expected and can’t believe how great they turned out. Evan is very professional, on time, personable and has great prices. We could not be happier with our photos and I know he will be the only photographer we will work with in the future.
    Lauren G. Married on 10/25/2018

Evan is professional, talented and a truly kind person!

Evan is amazing to work with and the moments he captures are breathtaking!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 09/08/2018

Wonderful!

Evan was great! Easy to work with, really took the time to figure out what we wanted for our photos. We love our pictures, you can go wrong with having Evan do your photos!
    Szd0004 Married on 08/25/2018

The perfect photographer for my wedding at Saguaro Buttes

Evan was everything I was looking for in a wedding photographer. His portfolio is elegant yet accessible, like you can see yourself in his frames, but it’s an elevated version of yourself just by virtue of his composition and lighting. I could barely recognize myself in the mirror after having my makeup done for my wedding, but I see my best self smiling out of the pictures that he took that day.
    I selected him as part of an inclusive package at Saguaro Buttes, so I’m not sure what his normal pricing is, however, whatever his cut of the package pricing was probably charity work that he can write off for taxes compared to what his caliber of performance and delivery should charge. (Side note, if you are getting married at Saguaro Buttes with one of their packages, PICK EVAN, don’t even bother looking through the portfolios of the other photographers, just trust me). All that to say, his services were well worth twice what I probably ended up paying for them.
    Evan was very responsive and flexible, even meeting my husband and I last minute between Christmas and New Years to go over options and meet/greet. Like, 13/10 customer care people.
    I would place Evan right in the middle of the Bossypants/laissez faire spectrum of wedding photographers that I’ve witnessed (also as a bridesmaid). He was gently directive during family shots and didn’t fuss posing people forever. I barely noticed him during the ceremony or the rest of the evening, but when you look at the pictures, he was obviously *everywhere at once*… like a photo ninja. He did a great job candidly photographing people throughout the reception as well, and it was fun to look back and see aspects of the party/wedding that we weren’t directing witnessing. And, somehow, he pulled off a miracle and got really cute pictures of the 7 plus sugar crazed nieces and nephews and got them all looking at the camera and smiling? Wow, this man either had extra cupcakes up his sleeve, or is a child herding genius.
    I had told Evan that the scenery around SB was very important to me, and wow, he made us look like desert fawns and fairies getting married in our natural settings. It also helped that we had a monsoon roll through super dramatically, he captured every billowing cloud, saguaro, ocotillo, and HOLY COW YA’LL, THE SUNSET PICTURES. I can’t describe them, so I’ll just post. Evan is a natural setting photographer savant. Also, since he photographs a lot at SB, he is very comfortable and knows the exact angles and setups for everything, there’s no fussing around setting up a shot. He has everything down to a science.
    …. If it sounds like I’m raving, it’s because I am. He is that good…. If you’ve read this far and aren’t convinced yet, just meet with him.
    Elizabeth Married on 04/14/2018

Great photographer!

Evan was our photographer for our engagement shoot and wedding photos. I am not exaggerating when I say he was the best vendor we worked with during the entire wedding process. He was easy to communicate with, quick to respond to emails, kind and friendly on every interaction, and produced beautiful photos.
    We booked Evan because of all the reasons above, and because we wanted his more natural, authentic style of photography. He got some great couple pictures of us with just some slight suggestions on what we should do, never over posing us. After we did the formal family and couple shoots, he melted into the background of the wedding, completely allowing us to enjoy our day, while doing a great job of capturing our wedding and some really beautiful, natural moments between us and our guests.
    If you want someone who does a mix of naturally ‘posed’ couples pictures and someone to capture your day without intruding on it, Evan is your guy. We absolutely loved working with him and our wedding photos.
    Jared G. Married on 01/07/2018

We use Evan for every photo shoot!

Best. Photographer. Period. We use Evan for every type of shoot and will continue to do so! Highly recommend!
    Nicole Married on 05/05/2017
    Evan was not only an amazing photographer but so friendly and accommodating for our unique wedding needs. Our wedding photos are amazing and really capture how magical the wedding was for us. 100 % recommended!!
    Michael Married on 04/29/2017
    Evan was absolutely awesome. He had soo many great ideas for pictures, but also let us give our own ideas for some nice shots. He made the picture portion of our wedding go very smooth and we are grateful. We recommended him to a coworker who is also getting married at Saguaro Buttes.
    Kelley Married on 04/22/2017
    We love Evan and would highly recommend his services to anyone! He captured our wedding beautifully. We could not be happier with our experience and our photos.
    Jami Married on 04/02/2017
    Of all the vendors we had to deal with Evan was the best and most reassuring. A few things went wrong with our flowers, cake and food but Evan was early, flexible, creative and overall just amazing. He made our night one to remember and I have beautiful photos that captured the best day of my life!!