Evan Robold Photography Reviews

Evan Robold Photography 6
Evan Robold Photography 7

G Giaimo · Married on 07/21/2019

Evan is who you want!

If you are looking for a wedding photographer, Evan is who you want-- and need to hire! He perfectly understood what we were imagining for our photos capturing the big day. He was flexible, incredibly easy to communicate with from a different state, and was a perfect addition to our plans. We can't wait to hire Evan again for photos as our family grows!

Sent on 07/21/2019
    Evan Robold Photography 8
    Evan Robold Photography 9

Candice Blevins · Married on 04/06/2019

The Perfect Photographer

We loved working with Evan Robald! From our engagement pictures to the wedding day, he was absolutely wonderful. All of our pictures he took were amazing! Quality, clear pictures that were natural looking. We are so happy with the product and have had so many compliments. He has a real talent for capturing the natural, candid moments and capturing the emotions of the day. He was easy to communicate with and provided us with our pictures in a very reasonable time frame quickly after the event. 100% would recommend Evan Robald Photography! Amazing work for a great price and great experience!!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Jessica · Married on 02/09/2019

Great Experience!

My husband and I absolutely loved working with Evan for our engagement and wedding pictures. Neither one of us really enjoy getting our photos taken but Evan made it so enjoyable with his professional but also laid back personality that allowed us to just relax and be ourselves. We also liked that he sat down and met with us at a coffee shop before our engagement photos to discuss what we wanted, then he met with us again before the wedding to help us build a timeline and make sure he knew exactly what we wanted. It was so nice to be able to talk to him in person before the big day, he put so much time into getting to know us and it really shows in our photos. Evan went out of his way to make our wedding great and capture all of the special moments perfectly. After the posed photos we didn’t even notice he was there because he managed to blend in with the guest while getting tons of great photos. He even managed to get incredible photos of my 2 and 3 year old nephews which I didn’t know was possible. We received our pictures earlier than we expected and can’t believe how great they turned out. Evan is very professional, on time, personable and has great prices. We could not be happier with our photos and I know he will be the only photographer we will work with in the future.

Sent on 08/08/2019

Lauren Graser · Married on 10/25/2018

Evan is professional, talented and a truly kind person!

Evan is amazing to work with and the moments he captures are breathtaking!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/08/2018

Wonderful!

Evan was great! Easy to work with, really took the time to figure out what we wanted for our photos. We love our pictures, you can go wrong with having Evan do your photos!

Sent on 07/01/2019

szd0004 · Married on 08/25/2018

The perfect photographer for my wedding at Saguaro Buttes

Evan was everything I was looking for in a wedding photographer. His portfolio is elegant yet accessible, like you can see yourself in his frames, but it’s an elevated version of yourself just by virtue of his composition and lighting. I could barely recognize myself in the mirror after having my makeup done for my wedding, but I see my best self smiling out of the pictures that he took that day.
    I selected him as part of an inclusive package at Saguaro Buttes, so I’m not sure what his normal pricing is, however, whatever his cut of the package pricing was probably charity work that he can write off for taxes compared to what his caliber of performance and delivery should charge. (Side note, if you are getting married at Saguaro Buttes with one of their packages, PICK EVAN, don’t even bother looking through the portfolios of the other photographers, just trust me). All that to say, his services were well worth twice what I probably ended up paying for them.
    Evan was very responsive and flexible, even meeting my husband and I last minute between Christmas and New Years to go over options and meet/greet. Like, 13/10 customer care people.
    I would place Evan right in the middle of the Bossypants/laissez faire spectrum of wedding photographers that I’ve witnessed (also as a bridesmaid). He was gently directive during family shots and didn’t fuss posing people forever. I barely noticed him during the ceremony or the rest of the evening, but when you look at the pictures, he was obviously *everywhere at once*… like a photo ninja. He did a great job candidly photographing people throughout the reception as well, and it was fun to look back and see aspects of the party/wedding that we weren’t directing witnessing. And, somehow, he pulled off a miracle and got really cute pictures of the 7 plus sugar crazed nieces and nephews and got them all looking at the camera and smiling? Wow, this man either had extra cupcakes up his sleeve, or is a child herding genius.
    I had told Evan that the scenery around SB was very important to me, and wow, he made us look like desert fawns and fairies getting married in our natural settings. It also helped that we had a monsoon roll through super dramatically, he captured every billowing cloud, saguaro, ocotillo, and HOLY COW YA’LL, THE SUNSET PICTURES. I can’t describe them, so I’ll just post. Evan is a natural setting photographer savant. Also, since he photographs a lot at SB, he is very comfortable and knows the exact angles and setups for everything, there’s no fussing around setting up a shot. He has everything down to a science.
    …. If it sounds like I’m raving, it’s because I am. He is that good…. If you’ve read this far and aren’t convinced yet, just meet with him.

Sent on 07/09/2019
    Evan Robold Photography 18
    Evan Robold Photography 19

Elizabeth · Married on 04/14/2018

Great photographer!

Evan was our photographer for our engagement shoot and wedding photos. I am not exaggerating when I say he was the best vendor we worked with during the entire wedding process. He was easy to communicate with, quick to respond to emails, kind and friendly on every interaction, and produced beautiful photos.
    We booked Evan because of all the reasons above, and because we wanted his more natural, authentic style of photography. He got some great couple pictures of us with just some slight suggestions on what we should do, never over posing us. After we did the formal family and couple shoots, he melted into the background of the wedding, completely allowing us to enjoy our day, while doing a great job of capturing our wedding and some really beautiful, natural moments between us and our guests.
    If you want someone who does a mix of naturally ‘posed’ couples pictures and someone to capture your day without intruding on it, Evan is your guy. We absolutely loved working with him and our wedding photos.

Sent on 07/12/2019

Nicole · Married on 05/05/2017

Evan was not only an amazing photographer but so friendly and accommodating for our unique wedding needs. Our wedding photos are amazing and really capture how magical the wedding was for us. 100 % recommended!!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Michael · Married on 04/29/2017

Evan was absolutely awesome. He had soo many great ideas for pictures, but also let us give our own ideas for some nice shots. He made the picture portion of our wedding go very smooth and we are grateful. We recommended him to a coworker who is also getting married at Saguaro Buttes.

Sent on 08/13/2017

Kelley · Married on 04/22/2017

We love Evan and would highly recommend his services to anyone! He captured our wedding beautifully. We could not be happier with our experience and our photos.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Jami · Married on 04/02/2017

Of all the vendors we had to deal with Evan was the best and most reassuring. A few things went wrong with our flowers, cake and food but Evan was early, flexible, creative and overall just amazing. He made our night one to remember and I have beautiful photos that captured the best day of my life!!

Sent on 08/17/2017

Marcia · Married on 11/14/2016

I have highly recommend Evan! This past November Evan was the photographer for our wedding. We could not be more pleased at all his great work. He was very professional and made picture taking stress free. He captured the best moments and was so smooth, it's like he was not there! He was very polite to all our guest and was flexible with our requests. The final product was amazing. Our pictures are great quality and we will cherish them forever.

Sent on 08/09/2017

Carmen · Married on 09/17/2016

My Fiance and I have heard great things about Evan! Evan photographed my soon-to-be Sister-in-laws wedding and her photos are just phenomenal! They are classy with the "edits" he used but not fake looking, like instagram edits haha. My Fiance and I met with him last week (at Starbucks). He was very nice and he likes Starbucks!! HeeHee He presented himself as a very respectful man. He told us about himself and brought a couple albums for us to look at. He is very great at what he does! His prices are affordable and we truly feel we can trust him and we will be taken care of on our special day! We felt that he cared more about the photography and catching every single special moment more than how much his services were. We are very excited to work with Evan on our special day and we know we picked the perfect photographer!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Dawnee · Married on 09/12/2015

Evan is fantastic! I can't say enough how comfortable he makes you feel in front of a camera...that is when you even realize he is taking your picture! haha! He got some great shots at our wedding and I didn't even realize he was around or see him taking the picture. He is kind and considerate and is really focused on making it about the couple and what they want. Our pictures are gorgeous and I loved every single one! He is also very professional and has a quick turn around with products and responses. Every bride has those last minute details that they worry about, Evan was not one of those details. I never waited more than a few hours for a response to a question I had...even on a Sunday! You won't go wrong choosing Evan to be the photographer for your special day!

Rachel · Married on 05/09/2015

Evan did such a great job with our engagement photos and our wedding photos. He really brought out the best moments at our wedding!

Brianna · Married on 04/28/2015

Evan was a joy to work with when it came to our wedding. He worked with us to accommodate the hours of our wedding and was brilliant at shooting photos that allowed both my husband's and my personality to shine through. We received a lot of compliments from our guests on how welcoming he was when asked for their picture taken. In my opinion, I'm not a very photogenic person, but I've always been in love with photography. I was very picky when it came to photographers. When I first saw his pictures, I loved how he could capture the little moments. The fact that my husband liked them as well was a sign in my book. Evan had a fun personality that helped us relax and have fun on our big day. Once we received our photos, we were ecstatic with the quality of the photos. We highly recommend his work to anyone needing a photographer. We certainly plan on using Evan again whenever we have family pictures come up and recommending him to my family for my sister's senior year pictures.

Brianna and Kevin Jordan

Sent on 10/25/2015

Evan is outstanding - he is so responsive, calm, easy going, complimentary, and takes outstanding photos. He made us feel so at ease and happy during our wedding. He took amazing shots too - both of the ceremony, candid shots during the reception and partying, and beautiful posed photos. Can't recommend highly enough!

Rachael · Married on 12/20/2014

Evan Robold is spectacular. He was so artistic with his photography and worked so well with my husband and I. He absolutely made our day even more special then it already was. We will always have such great memories because of his fabulous work!

Sent on 04/07/2015
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 11/14/2014

Evan was fabulous! Our event took place at sunset and into the evening. Evan did an excellent job capturing our ambiance, which I think it hard to do with the limited lighting we had. We've had multiple people comment about our pictures and we are very happy!

Sent on 03/30/2015

MJ · Married on 11/01/2014

Evan Robold takes beautiful photographs. We cannot be happier with the pictures of our wedding. We originally found Evan by seraching online for wedding photographers in Tucson. His portfolio really stood out because every photo had great lighting, even in tricky lighting situations. When we first met to interview, he was friendly, professional, and personable. Better yet, his style matched what we were looking for - someone who would take great candid pictures while being out of the way and not being intrusive. We had a great engagement photo session with hundreds of great pictures over 3-4 hours! At the wedding, he was like a photographer ninja, capturing photos from multiple angles while not being seen. The photographs are beautiful - great lighting and composition and timing. He and Shannon captured so many wonderful moments, we could not be happier.

On a more personal note, my mother passed away less than a month and a half later, and the photos we have from the wedding are really treasured with her happy and captured in many great moments including our last family photo together, dancing with me as part of the mother son dance, and dancing with my dad, her husband of 50 years. She couldn't make it to the dance floor to dance with dad so they danced at their table, but Evan was attentive and aware enough to capture a very touching moment which we treasure.

The only thing we feel Evan could work on is he direction and organization during the family "set" photos. This includes directing how people set up but also detail direction like "fix your hair."

With that being said, we just have so many wonderful photos we are really overwhelmed and one of the best decisions you could make while planning your wedding is to book Evan early and for many hours!

Sent on 04/11/2015

Cheyanna · Married on 09/20/2014

Evan was referred to me by a friend who is also a photographer. They teamed up and captured my big day. Evan did an amazing job and was super accommodating with the details of our HUGE wedding party. I would recommend (and have) Evan as a photographer without any hesitation.

Sent on 04/24/2015

I was so pleased with the quality of our daughters wedding photos! Not only were the images unique and artistic, but we never knew Even was there - he captured every moment without being seen! Since the bride and groom did not see each other until the ceremony, capturing that first look on both faces was a concern, as Evan works solo. It was not a problem and those are two of our favorite images. He is a true professional and so very nice to work with! He has packages to fit any budget as well!

Sent on 06/07/2014

Kim · Married on 04/04/2014

Evan was amazing! He was very professional. He was a lot of fun to work with and our engagement pictures were gorgeous. We haven't gotten our wedding pictures yet (its only been a week) but I know they will be amazing!

Sent on 04/12/2014

Evan is an amazing photographer! He is very down to earth and willing to listen to any crazy ideas you may have(my husband and I had plenty!) He is great about communicating and keeping you up to date on anything happening. He was a joy to have at our wedding!

Sent on 04/20/2014

We absolutely loved working with Evan. His prices were great, and he was very flexible in tweaking the packages he offered. He's such a nice guy, and that's important when you're spending a great deal of time with a vendor. We even asked if he'd be willing to photograph the rehearsal dinner, and he fit right in with the family! He was comfortable around everyone, and therefore everyone was comfortable around him which is important for good photos!

The quality of the photographs were great. We absolutely love and treasure our engagement, rehearsal dinner, and wedding photos. He delivered the finished product well within the stated time frame. We are also really happy with our album as Evan did a wonderful job designing it.

I highly recommend Evan. If I was still living in Tucson I wouldn't hesitate to book him again for an even or photoshoot. He's great!

Sent on 05/06/2015