Essen Entertainment Reviews

Essen Entertainment 7
  • Misty

Misty Salazar · Married on 07/04/2019

Wonderful DJ

JJ did an amazing job! He was on top of everything and the music was awesome

Sent on 07/08/2019
    Essen Entertainment 8
  • Sarah

Sarah Ackley · Married on 06/23/2019

Phenomenal DJ

Where do I start!! I saw him do my best friends wedding a couple years ago and knew I wanted him to do mine. He made everything so easy. My wedding was absolutely perfect and I am so glad that he was my DJ! He made my day 100% better and I will use him for anything I need!

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Lavita

Lavita Marks · Married on 06/15/2019

Essen Entertainment

We hired DJ Jerry throughEssen entertainment for a birthday gala. He’s bilingual and a great DJ! He knows music and reads the crowd very well. We were very pleased!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Kory

Kory · Married on 06/13/2019

Simply the best!

My husband and I got married June 13th 2019 and from the very time I inquired on his services to our wedding and reception I was very impressed with his professionalism and even his generosity of working with us throughout booking with him a year in advance. His advise was also very well liked and his demeanor was very kind and full of excitement from the beginning. We couldn’t have been more happier with his services and in fact he was even more than we expected! I would and will recommend him to anyone and literally couldn’t expect more. JJ is a joy to work with and very attentive. If you want the best at an extremely reasonable fare than he is your guy! Thanks JJ for making our wedding perfect, we are so happy we chose you!

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Bell · Married on 06/01/2019

Brian is amazing

Thank you so much to Brian Ring for being a wonderful DJ! He was very professional and easy to work with! He had everyone dancing and was overall a great guy!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Eric

Eric Robertson · Married on 06/01/2019

Wedding (6/1/19) - Groom

JJ was the entertainment at our wedding on 6/1/19, & my wife & I can not express how great he is! I think the 4 “P”s best describe him: Professional, Personable, Photo Booth, & P.S. he can really sing! We had so many guests come up to us that night saying how awesome the DJ was, & we couldn’t agree more. You can’t go wrong with JJ Essen Entertainment! JJ helped make our wedding night an absolute dream, we highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Marisol

Marisol pesquera · Married on 05/26/2019

JJ is the absolute best

There simply is no one better than JJ. He is a master. It starts months before the wedding. JJ immediately put us at ease. He gave us an itinerary. His experience is unmatched. He is incredibly energetic, patient and kind. JJ performed live music at our cocktail hour in addition to DJ the reception. We had 4 different music genres and he pulled it off flawlessly. The party was a complete blast. The dance floor was never empty. Above all his talent, JJ is a good man. He really cares. Couldn't recommend him more highly.

Sent on 05/29/2019

Michelle Tyler · Married on 04/06/2019

Quality Service and Great to work with

We used Essen Entertainment for the DJ and photobooth services at our wedding and they were phenomenal. I would (and already have) recommend them to anyone. DJ Brian Ring kept in contact with us leading up to the wedding and was flexible with schedule and order of events. He made sure that his playlists fit what we wanted, and made sure everything was lined up ahead of the event.
    Brian truly took his role as Master of Ceremonies (MC) seriously, and did an amazing job of coordinating the timing and succession of all the events at the reception that we didn't feel the need to hire a day-of wedding coordinator. This turned out to be a great decision because Brian did such a good job that the wedding coordinator would have had nothing to do!
    We received lots of comments from our friends and family at the wedding that "The DJ was killing it" and "Wow that DJ is doing such a good job". Brian kept the dance floor packed all night and everyone had a blast.
    The photobooth services from Essen Entertainment were also incredible. The services include someone who stands at the photobooth all night people figure out the technology and props as well as collect their photos. Javier did this for us and he was great. Javier contacted us a few weeks ahead of the wedding to customize our photobooth experience. We were able to choose our backdrop, props, and Javier also designed the template for the photostrip printouts to match the wedding theme. At the end of the event my wife and I received digital copies of all the photos as well as a photobook where people had taped their photostrips written notes! It was great.
    Thanks Essen Entertainment for such an amazing event and we will be using you again if we have another event.

Sent on 05/31/2019

Stephanie Williamson · Married on 03/30/2019

Absolutely Wonderful Guy and DJ

JJ was absolutely wonderful. Easy to work with leading up to our wedding and especially on the day. We had to move our wedding inside last minute due to weather and he was very helpful in guiding people around and keeping people happy with some good music. I had many guests during the wedding and after tell me that our music was on point. JJ gets full credit for that. I don't think our day would have been as successful without him. Also, super sweet guy. I don't plan to get married again but I would totally use JJ again! I can't say enough wonderful things about him and about the good job he did.

Sent on 04/04/2019

Jennifer Williamson · Married on 03/30/2019

An all round Professional !

Working with JJ was professional from the moment we first spoke until after the wedding. He was punctual with all appointments and he communicated easily. The wedding was pulled inside at the last minute and JJ helped make the transition seamlessly. Throughout the evening his positive demeanor made the event flow flawlessly, and his DJ abilities had all ranges of guests out on the floor dancing.
    Thank you JJ for helping make the wedding a big success !

Sent on 04/13/2019

Kaylyn Fenner · Married on 02/10/2019

Can't Go Wrong with JJ!

JJ helped us tremendously on our journey to our wedding day and the actual wedding day itself. He is completely professional, ready with answers to any questions you have, on top of everything for you and makes perfect suggestions for how things should run to make your day flow smoothly. He checks in to make sure you have all the help/support you need and makes your day run smoothly communicating people to their spots or rooms they need to get too. His Music selection was spot on for each specific "phase" of your wedding. He reads the crowds very well, but Most importantly he is just a great person. He's been very helpful, friendly, and truly wants your wedding Day to be spot on and he will do everything he can to make that happen.

Sent on 02/11/2019

Lexy Criswell · Married on 02/09/2019

JJ is the best!

I can’t say enough about how wonderful JJ Essen was at our wedding! We had multiple calls with him that lasted over an hour leading up to our wedding, because he was so detailed and wanted everything to be perfect! He isn’t just a great DJ who played great music, but he was also an awesome MC who announced everything we wanted and made it all sound great! We didn’t officially meet in person until the wedding day and he embraced us with welcoming hugs and made us feel so comfortable that our wedding was in great hands! I got sooo many compliments about our music and DJ and I couldn’t be happier that we chose JJ for our big day! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for the perfect DJ to help you dance the night away in celebration!

Sent on 03/10/2019
  • Randy

Randy · Married on 01/06/2019

Excellent Service!

My wedding was last Sunday January 6th, 2019. My experience with JJ was nothing but extraordinary. JJ helped me from the beginning. The first day I talked to him on the phone, he made sure that he would take care all the things I needed from extra mics and hooking up projector/screen to his AV system. On the day of the wedding, he even showed up early (3 hrs before the event), because he wanted to make sure I was covered. One of my guests also asked me for JJ contact information because he wanted to use Essen Entertainment for his wedding in the upcoming May 2019. I truly recommend JJ to anyone needing an entertainment/sound system. He went above and beyond my expectations! So don't look any further, and just book Essen Entertainment!

Sent on 01/14/2019
  • Madison

Madison · Married on 01/04/2019

I couldn't have asked for better!

I got married at Big Sky Barn in Montgomery, TX and JJ Essen was on their preferred vendors' list and I was quick to find out why! I had reached out to so many other DJ's and they wanted to charge (what seemed to me) outrageous prices... I completely understand the wedding industry and how pricing works, and after being shut down or turned away plenty of times, I was SO LUCKY to reach out to JJ Essen. He was a joy to speak to on the phone and super knowledgeable about EVERYTHING. I planned most of my wedding by myself and he was more than willing to help me with a timeline for my big day and made sure my special day ran smoothly. I trusted him when it came to music selections and keeping the party going, and he certainly did not disappoint. I seriously cannot recommend him enough. He made our day everything we wished for and, I promise, you can trust him, no matter your taste in music. Look no further! Seriously!

Sent on 01/07/2019

Paige Cannon · Married on 12/30/2018

An amazing DJ - 5 stars!

J.J. did an amazing job! He was kind, easy to work with, and I greatly valued his expertise. He made my experience as a bride much more relaxing and I cannot recommend him enough.

Sent on 01/03/2019
  • Ember

Ember · Married on 11/17/2018

Amazing! Very professional and extremely helpful!

One word: Perfection! 🙌🏼
    JJ made my amazing day, not only one to remember, but one that people will continue to talk about! I have already had people ask who my DJ was and who did my playlist (which was pretty much trusted to my dear friend and his company). Not only is he a great vocalist, who sang my 1st dance song, but he was also a GREAT help with my struggle to make some final decisions.
    The evening flowed perfectly, the energy stayed up and the dance floor stayed entertaining. Thank you so much for making my day so special! Couldn’t have done it without you!

Sent on 11/23/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 11/09/2018

Best Wedding DJ Ever!

Oh what can I say about working with JJ? Well first, he basically acted as a day-of coordinator for me—which was SO incredibly helpful as I didn’t have a wedding planner. From our first phone call, he walked through every detail with me and gave suggestions for how to help things flow better. At the same time, he played every song we requested, which were more obscure prog rock ballads personal to us, for the important moments like walking down the aisle. The week before the wedding, he checked in again and had us send him our song lists plus any “do not play” songs and made sure the schedule was on-point. And then the actual day of the wedding, he kept things moving yet was incredibly flexible and gentle checked in with me (which again, was so appreciated since I had no planner) about our timeline.

Now, let’s talk about the music itself. He kept our guests excited and entertained the entire time. Because of how well he read the crowd, some of my relatives who I NEVER thought would consider dancing ended up out on the floor.

Also, my now-husband and I are NOT normally big dancers. In fact, at others wedding we’re mostly sitting at tables talking to guests and too shy for the dance floor. ... but not this time! We danced almost the entire night and loved every minute of it! And at the end of the evening, he had all our guests gather around as we had our last dance of the night to one of our favorite songs. It was a super fun, magical, romantic time all evening, and I have J.J.’s DJ skills and direction to think for much of it. We had several guests tell us the same.

Lastly, he was available at any time for any questions before the big day and always responded quickly.

Bottom line, we couldn’t have done better, and I highly recommend J.J. to anyone for their wedding music needs. You will love him!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Eastin Isaac · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing Experience

Can’t say enough good things about JJ. We were late in the game giving him a call but he went above and beyond for us in a ton of ways. We started off in a bind where none of his associates or network were available for the date we had set. So he offered up his personal services despite having had the weekend designated as one to spend with his daughter. (We were honored to have her join us for the day and help him out as a result!) As we didn’t have a wedding planner he started off by laying out a great game plan for our wedding -a huge relief to see it come together in a concrete way for the first time. He guided us through the process with streamlined, to the point, warm, and relaxed conversation and was great working with our venue to make sure all were on the same page. A couple of days before the event we through him a wildcard and asked for a photo booth (something we had initially voted against) and despite the late request and making it late in the evening, he was able to make it happen. Day of the wedding he ROCKED IT. Great music, transitions, and guideance to move folks around as needed. The photo booth vendor was also amazing having adjusted schedule to accomodate and resulting in a great guest experience with awesome fun pics for us to enjoy. We heard multiple compliments about him from friends/family and even got feedback from one of the venue managers that it was the best of past 15 parties they had held there. Many thanks and props to JJ for pulling off an awesome wedding - he definitely made the day a special one. Can’t recommend enough!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Cristina Cisneros · Married on 11/02/2018

Committed DJ’s with a heart of gold

DJ Ivan, was a delight to have at our wedding! He ensured that everything ran smoothly and that everyone had a great time. He truly made our wedding a memorable experience. He read the crowd, so well, and we had a phenomenal time dancing the night away. We cannot thank you enough!

Sent on 11/05/2018
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing DJ and Acoustic Performer (Wedding Review)

We immediately clicked with JJ when we had our first call with him. He was very personable, took his time to answer our questions and had great questions for us so he could get to know us as a couple and what we wanted for our wedding. We began working with JJ over a year prior to our wedding and he was always responsive and was a quick email/text/phone call away. Music was such an important part of our wedding for us, so we were nervous with choosing to hire someone, but JJ quickly calmed our nerves and it was an easy decision to hire him.

For our wedding we wanted a mix of live music and a DJ, and JJ did both. He played acoustically as guests arrived, during cocktail hour and for our processional/recessional, then was the DJ for dinner and dancing. He worked hard! I'm sure it was a long day, but he was amazing throughout. What was great is that JJ respected our requests with our play/do not play lists and knew how to read the crowd. I have had friends with horror stories where their requests were ignored and that is not a worry with JJ. What was extra special with JJ is how he took the time to learn two new songs for the processional/recessional and both were perfect. He also helped with our timeline and ideas which was above and beyond what we expected.

Thank you, JJ, for being an amazing part of our day. You are crazy talented and we have received so many compliments. At one point we forgot you were playing live and we thought it was a recording (yes, that good!). We truly wish you the best! It was such a pleasure working with you.

Sent on 11/25/2018
  • Bethany

Bethany Milford · Married on 10/05/2018

One of our best wedding decisions

How could we have gotten through the wedding without JJ Essen?? We learned about JJ through the preferred vendors list at our venue, and would recommend him to anyone. During our first phone conversation he drew up a timeline for the entire event, which was crucial to my photographer when making our day-of timeline. He was so easy to get ahold of, and on top of every detail. We chose to use a quartet from my church for the ceremony itself, but JJ provided the sound system so our guests could hear the music and the pastor loud and clear. He then sang gorgeous acoustic music with his guitar during cocktail hour, and was our master of ceremony for the reception. All I had to do was tell him what songs I liked, and he was on it. For various reasons I decided to go with a shorter reception, so I was a bit worried about being rushed and running late; JJ made sure everything was perfectly on schedule, and moved the night along with ease. He worked hand-in-hand with my day-of coordinator to make the whole event so incredibly seamless. We also used Essen Entertainment's Photo Booth package, and could not have been happier with how smoothly that went! They surprised us with an album of everybody's photo strips, which was so fun to reminisce with when we got back from our honeymoon. My husband and I are so so thankful that JJ was on top of everything, and we could not be happier with how it all turned out.

Sent on 10/17/2018
    Essen Entertainment 9
    Essen Entertainment 10
    Essen Entertainment 11
    Essen Entertainment 12
    Essen Entertainment 13
    Essen Entertainment 14

Michael · Married on 09/02/2018

J.J. is the man when it comes to knowing everything about judging a crowd based off what dance music needs to be played for all age groups! From the beginning to the end working with him was extremely re-assuring that everything was going to be just fine in a timely manner and everything went as smooth possible with our huge group that showed up for our wedding! Ive never seen more people up out of their seats dancing on the dance floor at wedding in my life! People are still messaging us on how amazing the turn out of our wedding was...most especially favored J.J.'s musician skills on the mic/guitar when he played live at our cocktail hour. This man can do it all and its all special thanks to Essen Entertainment for helping us forever remember the best day of our lives! I would 150% recommend this man and his incredible talent to do any events for any occasion to all my friends and family and strangers! Great guy with a great heart...thank you J.J. for everything!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Kristen · Married on 08/04/2018

There are absolutely no words for how incredible JJ is - both as a person and as a DJ/ Performer/ Artist. The tone of a wedding is so important. I told JJ that I was worried that we wouldn't end up having a crowd that would dance and be lively. He told me that he would take care of it. He had the whole night planned out to perfection, and we even had our 88 year old grandmother "getting down" ALL night long (we literally had to pull her off the dance floor). JJ helped create the environment that we were looking for. He allowed Blaine and I to have a blast and just enjoy and soak in our special day. I can tell you that it would not have been the night it was without JJ. Hire him and then let him do his thing. He's a pro. He will also be the most kind, compassionate and helpful person you will work with during your wedding. He has a heart of gold. I want to find another reason to throw a party just so I can use him again and get to know him even better.

Sent on 08/19/2018
    Essen Entertainment 15
    Essen Entertainment 16
    Essen Entertainment 17
    Essen Entertainment 18
    Essen Entertainment 19
    Essen Entertainment 20

Suzamme · Married on 06/15/2018

JJ sang live during our cocktail hour and rocked it! He was amazing. He was an awesome DJ! We would most definitely hire him again!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Carolyn · Married on 05/18/2018

Choosing a DJ was one of the things that stood out to us during our wedding planning as most important things for our reception. We wanted everyone to have a great time, and a DJ can make or break a party, so it was crucial to us both that we find a good one. Choosing JJ was more than just finding a good one – we found the best one! Working with him was easy, fun, reassuring, and just all-around worth it. He was clear and responsive, he let us know exactly what he needed from us, and he knocked it out of the park on our big day. We had him play the guitar prior to the ceremony and during the cocktail hour, which was a beautiful touch that made our wedding feel even more romantic and personal. His years of experience made us both feel comfortable trusting him with our wedding, and his kind, down-to-earth personality made him feel like a friend! We got countless compliments on what an awesome DJ we had!
    Also, if you get the chance to work with Ilissa for day-of coordination, just know that choosing her means you can relax! You won’t feel one bit of added stress with her in charge. She took care of absolutely everything to keep the night running perfectly.
    JJ and Ilissa are a dynamic duo who are both talented, very professional and experienced, and equally as important, they’re incredibly nice and supportive. I’d recommend them again and again!

Sent on 05/22/2018