Erica Mendenhall Photography Reviews

Erica Mendenhall Photography 4
Erica Mendenhall Photography 5
  • Dorothy

Dorothy Contreras · Getting married on 09/28/2019

It was the best experience we had the day was beautiful and everything was just right.

As the Mother of the bride we want everything to go as smoothly as possible . We are excited and nervous and Erica Mendenhall Photographer made it possible for us to enjoy our daughters engagement session day we watched her do her magic. Erica took beautiful pictures of our Bride and Groom to be. Looking forward to the Wedding Day!!! Thank you again Erica Mendenhall for so many beautiful pictures that will last us a life time..

Sent on 12/20/2018

Desirae Trevino · Married on 04/27/2019

The best ever

Erica and her husband are so amazing!!!!! Nothing but the best!! Would hire again in a heartbeat:)

Sent on 12/30/2018

Desirae · Married on 04/27/2019

Best photographer ever!!

Erica and Brock are the most amazing souls ever! They both work extremely hard to get the perfect pictures! They are super professional and really made my husband and I feel comfortable during the wedding. They really listened to us and helped us out a lot with my dress and making sure we looked flawless before every picture. I would recommend them to all my friends and family!

Sent on 04/30/2019

Jaclyn · Married on 03/09/2019

Fantastic!!

Erica is absolutely amazing! She truly takes the time to get to know you and it comes through in the work she does. She makes you feel comfortable the entire time taking photos. The final work is stunning. You will be happy with the end product!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Nadia Gacayan · Married on 10/13/2018

Best Wedding Photographer!

We had the best experience with Erica Mendenhall Photography! From day one, Erica took her time to go through every possible detail with us! She was the only vendor (for our wedding) that we worked with that actually called us on the phone to go over the process. Nowadays, that’s rare! But by doing so, we were able to get acquainted and found out she is a true professional!
    After talking to her, we knew there was no point in talking to other photographers. Erica knew her stuff and her sweet voice and personality made us feel so comfortable with her and the whole “picture-taking” process! Erica has years of experience which comes in handy because it’s more than likely your first time getting married, or taking professional pictures, so you want it to be perfect! Erica Mendenhall and her husband Brock are amazing at what they do and we have great pics to prove it! :) She took our engagement photos too.
    Thank you for capturing some of our best (if not the best) moments of our lives! ❤️

Sent on 11/27/2018

Kierstie · Married on 04/13/2018

My story started when my boyfriend told me we were going on a hike out in the desert ( something we do often) I was super excited because he never plans anything and I was like yes, lets go! After about 5 dirt roads, 10 wrong turns and me wondering if we were even going to make it out of the Anza Borrego Desert alive we found ourselves at a beautiful trail that he was just so adamant on taking me on. When we arrived, to my surprise there was another car there, I thought, like us they were just a few other crazy hikers willing to take the trip to see the beautiful views. We hiked up to the peak of Fonts Point and stood looking out over the magnificent landscape, 5 seconds later I turned around and to my surprise he was on his knee with a beautiful diamond ring in his hand, I think I blacked out from the excitement and didn't come back to life until he told me to wave to the photographers. As I finally caught my breath and looked up I saw Erica and her husband snapping photos, I asked my boyfriend "Are they taking pictures of us? I thought they were just hiking" and sure enough they drove all the way out to the desert to capture this moment for us. Even though I was wearing no makeup , had hiking boots on and hadn't washed my hair in longer than I would like to admit, Erica made me and my fiancé look absolutely gorgeous and captured our love and the serene beauty of the desert. This was a day I will surely remember for the rest of my life and I am thankful that I will never forget a second of it because I have all of the amazing photos Erica captured for us. Thank you Erica! You are fantastic!

Sent on 11/19/2016

Bzach W · Married on 03/09/2018

Amazing Experience!

We had an amazing experience and highly recommend! Very knowledgeable, professional and so helpful with our timeline! We love our photos and are so glad we hired Erica for our wedding!

Sent on 12/31/2018
  • O

OLIVIA · Married on 09/23/2017

We recently got married in September 2017 and I made sure to book Erica in a year in advance because I knew she needed to be my photographer since before I was engaged. She’s a great person and nonetheless a fantastic photographer! She made sure to help and give me ideas every time I asked or saw her. If you want photos that will be romantic and breathtaking she is the one. Make sure you book her as soon as possible. Very professional and responsive!

Sent on 12/02/2017

Kenna · Married on 09/16/2017

I found Erica on wedding wire and I couldn’t have picked a better photographer! The first time we talked over the phone I knew I had to have her capture our wedding day! She was such a huge help the entire day and our pictures turned out amazing. We couldn’t be happier! Thank you so much, Erica!!!

Sent on 11/14/2017
    Erica Mendenhall Photography 6
    Erica Mendenhall Photography 7
    Erica Mendenhall Photography 8
    Erica Mendenhall Photography 9
    Erica Mendenhall Photography 10

Belen · Married on 05/06/2017

Erica is WONDERFUL!!! She is great to work with, she is always in contact with us, which is something we really liked about her since the beginning. She is very professional but she knows how to make us laugh. I was so nervous going into our engagement session, I had never done professional pictures and I am very self conscious about pictures. Yet Erica and her husband made the experience so calm and fun. We had a blast working with her and she really understood us and captured our awkward side, which we loved. I can't wait to work with her at our wedding and can't wait to see more of her wonderful work.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Grae · Married on 04/29/2017

I can't say enough good things about Erica and her husband. They are great people as well as great photographers. Choosing Erica Mendenhall photography means you're hiring someone who truly cares and loves what they do. The pictures were beautiful and Erica went above and beyond to help us! Overall, just the best !!

Sent on 12/30/2017

Krista · Married on 04/01/2017

As a fellow photographer I can tell you it isn’t easy to choose and trust someone on your own big day. Further I band all Professional photographer friends from having cameras at the wedding and even cell phones — I had to have blind trust in my photographer- even scarier I had a destination wedding and didn’t know anyone in the area. After an exhaustive search I finally settled on Erica and her amazing husband. They didn’t disappoint! They were professional, perfect, and captured the exact essence of my beautiful destination wedding. You all know that nobody remembers the cake or meal- spend your money where it counts on your photographer- and an amazing one so that your memories will last forever. My images turned out spectacular and I’m so thankful I choose Erica as my photographer.

Sent on 12/30/2017
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 02/27/2017

I found Erica online because I was looking for a photographer local to Palm Springs, where we chose to get married, on very short notice. After leaving a message, I heard back from her right away and we ended up talking on the phone for almost an hour! It felt like I was making a plan with a friend who knew all the right questions to ask to get me organized and thinking creatively about images I wanted for my special day. She was very easy to communicate with, organized and extremely considerate of my desires, timeline and needs. Not only are her prices very reasonable, she also provided all the photos in web and hi-res files with a quick turnover. She was also very flexible during the shoot and our photos turned out great! I am thrilled to have chosen her and fortunate she was available on my special day. I would highly recommend hiring her to anyone getting married. The day will come and go and what’s left are the photos to remind us of the special moments of that day.

Sent on 04/26/2017

Jacqualine · Married on 11/05/2016

Erica did not disappoint through my entire experience working with her. She was excited and responsive from the get go. Very organized and knows her stuff! Plus she's an amazing photographer so everything else was a huge plus! Extremely pleased with her, so if your looking for a photographer in the desert she's your go to!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Michelle · Married on 09/24/2016

Erica photographed our wedding in September 2016 in Palm Springs. She is a lovely professional who captured the essence of our day. We're so pleased with her photography. Erica was kind, courteous, funny, and even offered suggestions regarding wedding day details that we would have overlooked. She went above and beyond to make our day special. I am so grateful Erica Mendenhall was able to photograph our wedding day!

Sent on 11/23/2016

Justine · Married on 06/11/2016

Our experience with Erica, from the start, was amazing. We used Erica to shoot our engagement photos, we were nervous since we were making the move from Michigan to California and we weren't really sure what to expect. We started our hunt for someone to shoot our photos and soon came across Erica. I sent her and email and within a day or so she gave me a call, and from there it was pretty much a wrap. Erica worked with us to set up the best day and time possible, as we concerned about taking our pictures in the heat. We also had a time constraint, since we needed to get save the dates out. She called a few weeks before the shoot to go over poses and locations. She gave great advice to our questions and looked over everything we had sent her. The day of the shoot went so smoothly, she gave great direction, and recalled poses that we wanted, we couldn't have asked for a better day. In order to get out save the dates out in time she had pictures edited and ready to go within the time frame that we asked for. She also did addition retouches when we asked. I'm so pleased with our experience and if we weren't doing an out of state wedding, (and already had out photographer) Erica would have been our first choice. You won't regret booking with her!!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Angela · Married on 12/12/2015

Erica was very professional and enjoyable to work with. I would use her again

Sent on 12/29/2015

Claudia · Married on 11/28/2015

I’m usually not one for words or writing, hence why it’s taken me this long to finally submit this review just about a month after our wedding. I feel like I’ve re-written and edited like a million times and I still feel as if it won’t do her justice… but finally ill just submit.. (So sorry Erica)
    Erica Mendenhall is so easy to work with and she knows exactly what to capture and when to capture it. As a person, uncomfortable in front of the camera (not very photogenic and struggling with losing weight for my big day) I was worried about “certain poses” and hiding my body but looking at our pictures she captured the best angles and made me feel gorgeous, or so I thought but it’s really not that; she made us feel comfortable and relaxed and that’s what was the key ingredient.

I’ll add that, although I was not the easiest bride to work with, she somehow did it! Everything I wanted or rather expected her to do without having to tell her. For most photographers I imagine that’s hard since they can’t read minds but somehow she captured every image and moment in time that I wanted. Once all the beautiful chaos was over and I had time to soak it all in I prayed she had captured pictures of this and that, etc…(you know how that goes). Upon receiving my gallery I practically burst out into tears (joyful tears of course) she had done it and they were AMAZING!!
    With one of the biggest days of our lives and such a huge action packed event, you didn’t miss a beat and I am forever grateful!

P.s.
    For the Brides that are crazy and expect people to read your minds, she’s your girl. And for those brides that are organized and have communication skills, I’ll probably be seeing your pictures on the cover of a magazine! No doubt those pictures will be even more amazing!

Sent on 12/29/2015

Adriana · Married on 11/28/2015

ERICA IS VERY PROFESSIONAL, PROMPT AND PATIENT WILL DIFINETLY CONTINUE USING HER.

Sent on 12/31/2015

Melissa · event on 11/22/2015

Erica Mendenhall did a "Newborn Session" with our precious baby boy. Due to him being born so close to Christmas, I was definitely wanting some cute pictures of him under the Christmas tree and she was just as excited with the idea as I was. I also wanted some close up pictures of him with the lighted christmas tree out of focus in the background. She captured beautiful moments of us and our little one. I was also amazed how patient she was throughout the whole session, even between all the feedings, diaper & outfit changes! If you're looking for someone to take pictures for any event I would definitely recommend Erica!

Sent on 01/01/2016

Victoria · event on 11/07/2015

Wonderful photographer. Took beautiful pictures of my daughter. Very happy with the results.

Sent on 12/31/2015

Lori · Married on 10/15/2015

Erica was wonderful to work with. I wanted someone who would work with us and our small family only ceremony and she made accommodations for us. She was very responsive and was very attentive to my requests. She handled our whole family from newborns to adults in a fun and professional manner. I would highly recommend her for any event you have.

Sent on 11/07/2015

Jeremy · Married on 08/30/2015

What can we say..? Erica was AMAZING! With as stressful as weddings can be, it was definitely a relief to have someone as helpful, knowledgeable, and kind as Erica along the way with us. She made us feel so comfortable and was always in constant contact throughout the way. It really does make a difference having that kind of person working with you. Not only did we love working with Erica every minute we were with her, but she captured our wedding so perfectly. She captured all the emotions and our pictures came out incredible! Erica is so professional and friendly. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer. We highly suggest Erica for any photography needs!

Sent on 11/15/2015

Erica is very professional, organized, and very pleasant to deal with. She was so patient and she was helping everyone look their best and making sure the lighting was perfect and so on. The results were stunning photographs. They were all wonderful. I have seen other wedding and event photos that Erica took and they are always outstanding.
    I would recommend her to everyone.

Sent on 12/30/2015

Amanda · Married on 07/26/2015

Erica was fantastic! We recommend her fully!
    First of all, her photos came out beautiful; each and every one of them. They successfully highlight the joys of our day.
    Second of all, she went beyond just taking photos, and helped us with location recommendations for our engagement photos and timeline plans for the wedding day. The place we ended up choosing from her list of suggestions for the engagement photos was wonderful. The timeline help was such a surprise and a blessing! A week before the big day some changes were made and we asked her to come in hours earlier. She was flexible and even helped to streamline the entire timeline! The day of, she was there to strategize when groomsmen were late and the hairdresser took an hour longer than expected. It took a lot of the worry off our shoulders.
    Third of all, the day of our wedding went so smoothly with photos. We had provided her a list of the many, many family portraits to be taken that day (both of us have large families), and she made it all work! She wasn't afraid to take charge, place people, and rearrange them so that each photo was great, even despite all the wind. She kept the mood fun but got the job done. We wanted to enjoy our wedding day and not just have it all be about pictures; working with Erica meant that we were having fun the whole time, while still capturing moments we'll have in photographs forever.
    An added plus: we received our photos so soon! We had friends who had to wait six months or more to get their wedding photos, but not us! And we were blown away by the quality! She used the PASS website, which allowed us to share the photos easily, download them, and choose photos to be printed (included in our awesome package from her).
    We can't emphasize our satisfaction enough. We loved working with her and recommend her for any photography needs you may have.

Sent on 01/14/2016