Epic Filmmakers Reviews

30 | Easthampton, MA

30 Reviews for Epic Filmmakers

Aly · Married on 06/09/2018

Johnny and his assistant were awesome. Very professional and very pleasant to work with. They were on time. We were recommended to you by Rob Alberti’s Event Services and boy we are so glad that we did. We had the dream team. You guys worked like a team with Seth Kaye and not getting into each other’s way. A lot of my guests were saying how the team was right there catching every moment. David it was a pleasure working with you and we are looking forward to seeing our wedding day video. There are going to be moments that the we missed but that’s why we hired you guys. Thank you for everything!!
    Alyshia and Jesse

Sent on 06/29/2018

Tracy · Married on 06/10/2017

Our wedding video has left us breathless. David it the epitome of a true professional with so much passion and dedication for what he does. We knew we were in for a treat with the final product but what we received fair exceeded our expectations. Every wonderful detail of the day is wrapped up into a beautiful story that puts us right back into the moment .... If there is anything we can recommend it is for you to use Epic to keep your wedding alive and real in sound and vision for years and years.
    We will forever cherish this gift of pure love and joy.

Sent on 10/12/2017

Logan · Married on 04/29/2017

The best of the best

David and his crew filmed our wedding at the Riverhouse in East Haddam, CT almost four years ago. It has taken me this long to write a review for him because I didn't think I could ever properly express how much he meant to our big day and how grateful we are for him. On top of his incredible talent as a filmmaker, what I admire most about David is his big heart and his compassion. A few weeks before our wedding, I (the bride) was diagnosed with Bell's Palsy, which is a rare neurological disorder that causes facial paralysis. On the morning of our wedding, I was beyond overwhelmed at the idea of trying to smile for a whole day. David knew my condition beforehand and made it his mission to keep me calm and tell me my smile looked excellent whenever I started to panic or got self conscious about it. He constantly reminded me to focus on the love that was surrounding us and to enjoy the day that we had worked SO hard for. We can't thank David enough for going above and beyond for our day and for our wedding film. His final product was amazing and captured all of the love and joy from that day. Thank you David and all of Epic Filmmakers for doing such an excellent job- we couldn't imagine our day without you!

Sent on 04/14/2021

Caitlin · Married on 05/07/2016

We are so happy that we chose Epic Filmmakers for our wedding. David and his team go above and beyond the typical “wedding video.” What they produce is truly art and we are so happy to have the film that tells the story of our wedding day. They capture every moment and detail so beautifully. In addition to our wedding film, we opted to go with a “Same Day Edit” film that was shown at the end of our reception. It was such a surprise to our guests and was such a wonderful way to end the most perfect day. It’s something I have never seen done at a wedding before and really added a “wow-factor” to our celebration. My sister booked them for her wedding in June. I would recommend Epic Filmmakers to anyone and everyone – it is absolutely worth it!!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Jennifer · Married on 11/07/2015

We were so excited to use Dave and Epic Filmmakers for our wedding! They were super professional and captured our entire wedding day without us even realizing they were filming. They made sure that no special moment from our wedding day was forgotten. Our feature film was beyond what we expected!! We couldn’t hold back our tears of joy and excitement while watching it… and we still watch it over and over! Epic Filmmakers really deliver true art. Our experience with them and the final product could not have been more perfect. We highly recommend Dave and his team!

Sent on 08/08/2016

There are no words to describe the absolute stunning work that comes from Epic Filmmakers. No two videos are the same, they really capture the couples personality. David and his team are not only professional but they make you feel as though you've been life long friends.

Sent on 10/01/2015

Allison · Married on 07/17/2015

WOW!!! My husband and I just got our wedding video and we are beyond thrilled with the result. We laughed, cried, and loved reliving all of the special moments that Epic Filmmakers captured. David and his team have a true talent for what they do. They are a pleasure to work with and made the day that much more fun feeding off of their enthusiasm and artistry. So worth it to have your once in a lifetime day caught on tape and edited together so beautifully. You need David as part of your wedding planning and day!

Sent on 02/07/2016

Julie · Married on 07/03/2015

For the first visit David was very friendly, personable and down to earth. He made it seem like we had known him for years. We began the meeting with his asking the normal questions on how we met and our story. We booked with him that day and felt very confident we had booked the best!
    David had filmed a few of our friends weddings throughout the year, so we were able to see him, talk with him and get to know him and his team a little more. They were all great and had great passion for their work.
    David showed up to my parents’ house while another filmmaker went to my husband and his guys. David was early and ready to go. He set up everything he needed to and asked me where my dress and accessories were then went to work. He never once got the way, in fact he is what you might call a “stealth ninja” because one second you would see him on the floor then the next he’s outside with his drone! I obviously was not there however my husband said that John was amazing while he shoot the guys video.
    The wedding itself was perfect we opted for a first look and David and his team helped us with that so I didn’t have to do any planning. It was perfect and we had a great time. He never once made it stressful or made us feel like we weren’t doing something that wasn’t us. We also did the same day edit and people are still talking about it. WE ARE IN LOVE WITH OUR VIDEO! People still can’t believe that was done that day and done that well. I really can’t emphasize enough how amazing the video is, you just have to watch it for yourself.
    I know one thing you might be asking yourself is, can we afford this? Should we spend the money on a video? YES! We talked about it and went back and forth because yes it’s not the cheapest, but Epic Filmmakers is THE BEST. Do not cheap out. David and his team are worth every penny. I would not recommend anyone else.
    Thank you David and your team for letting us watch and relive the greatest day of our lives.
    -Ryan and Julie

Sent on 07/18/2015

Lindsay C. · Married on 05/23/2015

There are no words to describe the work of David and his Epic Filmmakers team. My husband and I were married in May of 2015 and could not be happier with our results. For those who are on the fence about whether it is worth it to get a videographer or not... DO IT!!! Photos are wonderful but there is nothing like seeing the live action memories from one of the most important days of your life. Along with the video of our whole day, we also chose to to the "Same Day Edit" where a short video is shown to our wedding guests at our reception later on that night. Everyone including my self was in awe.. I think my mouth was hanging open at some point haha and I'll never forget as I'm balling and thanking David for the most beautiful video I've ever watched in my life... our guests quickly approaching him to get his business card... AND we sitll have our full feature film to look forward to seeing in a couple months!! Throughout the whole day of filming, David was a joy to be around and actually added to the atmosphere of all us girls getting ready. He was helpful, funny, and at times was a mini wedding planner to me as I'm yelling across the room "DAVID..What do I do?!" He is a great guy and his outstanding work is complementary of his personality. If I chose to not go with Videography, and specifically Epic, looking back now it would have been the biggest regret of my wedding day. THANK YOU DAVID XOXO LINDSAY & COREY CRANE

Sent on 08/17/2015

Elyza · Married on 04/19/2015

When I first started planning our wedding. I wasn't convinced that we needed a videographer. I'd grown up with wedding videos and I didn't think I needed someone to record our big day for us. That all changed when we saw David's work. His videos speak for themselves making it hard not to tear up for strangers.
    We had a preview video -same day edit- for our wedding and it delivered making me cry harder than my ceremony. The work David and his team do are unlike any other videographer.

Sent on 05/12/2015

Amazing! Love David, and his team. They do such an awesome job.

Sent on 11/29/2014

Erica · Married on 08/16/2014

Words can't even begin to describe how amazing David and his team are. We hired Epic Filmmakers after my wedding planner referred them. I am so thankful for listening! Their work is simply incredible. So far I have only seen our same day edit which was about 4 minutes long. That alone covered more then my team of two photographers covered in an entire day, I can't wait to see the feature film. David made us feel like we were old friends even after only meeting once. He is amicable, professional and super easy to work with. If you are on the fence about hiring a videographer, just do it! And hire Epic Filmmakers. It was the best money we could have spent on our wedding day. The story that he's able to tell with the video is so much more than photos.
    My husband is Nigerian so even with a 250 guest count we had a lot of people who couldn't travel to a NH wedding, sharing our video allows people to share in our day even if they couldn't be there. I can't wait to show my children our wedding video.
    Thank you David!
    Erica Ojougboh!

Sent on 09/19/2014

Lauren · Married on 11/30/2013

Words cannot express the amazing work that David Long and his team at Epic Filmmakers did for us. Their passion for what they do shines through in the incredible way our day was captured. David and his team genuinely care about your day, and it's evidently clear that it isn't just a job for them. They are passionate about what they do and make you feel so relaxed and comfortable.

Getting a videographer for our wedding was truly one of the best things we did. Now that the big day is over, we have the ability to relive the moment over and over. For that, we are forever grateful.

I would highly recommend Epic Filmmakers, you will not regret it one bit!! They are truly the best!

Sent on 01/19/2014

Monika · Married on 07/20/2013

First off, Epic Filmmakers SURPRISED me on my wedding day. We decided to go without a videographer during our wedding planning and then had David from Epic Filmmakers show up at my house the day of my wedding (my mother in law went ahead, called and luckily they were available to film our wedding day) and introduced himself with a note from my husbands family saying we would have video on our big day. What a special touch! David and his partner did a fantastic job making sure they captured every moment and working with all of our vendors. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to now see this video that I didn't think I would have! His professionalism was so greatly appreciated and we are SO thrilled to have had Epic Filmmakers film our wedding day!!

Sent on 08/07/2013

David was amazing from the moment I contacted him. He quickly emailed me back, and was quick to respond with any questions I had. David was amazing on the wedding day. He greeted me with a huge hug (even though we had never actually met in person) this was nice since the day of I was a little stressed and he made me feel like we had been best friends forever. David did a great job of capturing all of our amazing moments without being intrusive. I hardly noticed he was there! The same day edit was amazing! It was so beautiful and brought a tear to most of our guests eye. I cannot wait to see our longer film I am sure it will be amazing. People are still commenting on how amazing the same day edit was! He is such an amazing videographer and I would recommend him to any and all of my friends

Sent on 06/22/2013

Danielle · Married on 04/12/2013

I originally heard about David and his team at Epic Filmmakers through my brother, who got married last May. By that time, I had already gotten engaged, so I was on the hunt for my photographer and videographer. I was able to watch David in action, as well as see his video of my brother's wedding. It was absolutely perfect and I just had to book them. The entire team is so professional and are amazing at their work. They were able to capture our wedding so perfectly and really relive the emotion involved in the day. It makes me cry each time I watch. I have already given the name of Epic Filmmakers to many people and will continue to do so. I was lucky enough to have booked a photographer who is good friends with David. Together as a team, they went above and beyond anything I had ever imagined. Please feel free to check out our video from our wedding on David's website or facebook page. The date of the wedding was April 12, 2013. If you are in doubt about who to hire to film your wedding, David and his team at Epic Filmmakers is the perfect choice!

Sent on 04/29/2013

Even months later, we continue to talk about what a great decision it was to book Epic Filmmakers for our wedding. David Long and his team were absolutely amazing and captured the smallest details of our day.

From our first meetings, David was always responsive and professional. He answered all of our questions and showed us so many samples of other videos. It was clear that he takes the time to tailor the video to the couple. I cried through each and every one! We knew we had to sign David for our 12/21/12 wedding.

On the wedding day, David and his team were amazing. They worked fabulously with our photographer and managed to catch so many things that we missed. It was so nice to know that we would have a video to help capture those moments that seemed to pass so quickly!

When our Short Film was released (on Valentine's Day), we were able to relive our day through David's vision. Our video was perfect. It captured the essence of our day perfectly. We watch our short video all the time, and I still cry every time! :) It was stunning! We have received overwhelmingly positive comments about our video. It even circulated around my mother's work intranet! The video was perfect, and we cannot wait for the feature film! We have, and will continue to, recommend Epic Filmmakers again and again.

Sent on 05/19/2013

David and his crew were great. They did a great job on our same day edit and also a great job on the love story showed at our wedding. We got so many people coming up to us saying how much they loved the Love Story. They said how differnt it was to see it at a wedding.

David was very flexable and understanding with our schedule while filming things. He got back to me with any question I had.Our wedding was only 2 weeks ago so of course we have not seen our final film but I am looking foward to it! Our same day edit was just amazing so this is going to be great!

We posted our short film on facebook and those who were unable to make our wedding due to $ or a storm which was heading our way were able to see a clip of our day. It really was something special. I would recommend him to any bride.

Sent on 11/09/2012

Megan · Married on 09/15/2012

David Long and his team are so talented! After seeing their work we booked them on the spot for a Same Day Edit package. They arrived early in the morning and stayed until the reception was almost over and except for the awesome footage that they got, you would never have known they were there! David was so friendly and made helpful suggestions along the way as far as posing and setting up shots. The same day edit that they put together for us was awesome-I can't wait to get our full video back!

Sent on 11/26/2012

Leigh · Married on 08/19/2012

David and his crew at Epic Filmmakers are absolutely fantastic! We recently just received our feature film and we were absolutely blown away with how amazing it turned out! I can not praise them enough. On our wedding day David and his crew did such a great job capturing our big day. They captured everything even to the smallest detail without being intrusive in any sort of way, most people commented they did not even know we had 3 people taking video at our wedding! Not only that but David and his crew were just so fun to hang out with during the day! We had a same day edit that even to this day a lot of our friends and family can not stop talking and raving about. Looking back I can not imagine our wedding without it, it truly helped make the day that much more perfect! I have and will continue to highly recommend Epic Filmmakers to anyone planning their wedding, they are the best and you will not be disappointed! :)

Sent on 05/10/2013

Erin · Married on 07/21/2012

I saw David at a Bridal show before my wedding. Though videography was NOT in our budget, I immediately knew I had to have him film our wedding. It wasn't hard to convince my husband and a few overtime shifts later, we were able to book him! David and his partner were extremely professional, I didn't even know he was there most of the time. He didn't direct, just filmed the day as it progressed. I cannot say enough how worthwhile of an investment it was. We absolutely love our film and will cherish it for the rest of our lives. Specific memories of that amazing day may fade, but we will always have the film to remind us of the best day of our lives....so far!

Sent on 05/25/2013

Johnny · Married on 06/03/2012

I helped coordinate this for a friend's wedding and David was very easy to work with. Very detailed with work, communication went smoothly, captured every moment, just an excellent job overall, not a single complaint. Extremely professional! Highly recommend to do the same-day edit!

Sent on 08/12/2012

Epic filmakers. What a perfect and profound name for this business our wedding party hired them for us as a surprise gift and it was truly epic. They captured an amazing same day edit that was legendary and we watch the video online everyday. According to my wedding party the price was phenomenal and they were so easy to work with. I can't wait to find a reason to hire them again. Thank you so much for capturing, truly the most memorable day of our lives.

Sent on 08/18/2012

Tina · Married on 05/05/2012

Even today, almost 4 months later, I continue to enjoy the "Same Day Edit" over and over again that was shown at the end of daughter & son-in-laws wedding reception. We are so looking forward to the full video when it is completed sometime this fall. Already we can say that it was tremendous work and would recommend it to any bride, groom and their families. There are so many details that are missed when you are focused on the moment and dealing with emotions, so we are so excited to view and re-live every last detail over an over again............

Sent on 08/20/2012
  • Shoefly21

Stephanie · Married on 08/06/2011

A videographer was the last thing I wanted to book for my wedding. I met David at a Bridal show, and entered a contest for a free "love story" video, which I ended up winning. As I continued to see David and his team around town, they kept trying to convince me to book them for my wedding, but I was pretty convinced that I had no need for a videographer. Then I started watching David's films, and crying at every one, even though I didn't even know the couple! Friends and family kept trying to convince me that I would regret it, but it wasn't until Amanda said to me "The day will go by so fast. You will only be up at that alter, hearing him say his vows once, then never hear them again." When I saw David a week or 2 later, I just had to book him for our August 2013 wedding. Prior to the wedding, David was amazing to work with. He filmed our love story at 6 flags, where I met my now husband and our entire reception loved it. He made us feel very comfortable behind the camera, and is extremely friendly and easy to work with. While our love story was amazing and fun, our wedding video blew me away. Every moment was captured, every detail and word that I wanted to preserve in my memory was on film, and that was just the same day edit!! My family and friends all commented that the video looked like something David had been working on for months, not hours before the viewing. Since my wedding, I have probably watched that video about 30 times, and cry every time. I can honestly say I would have definitely regretted not booking David to film my wedding. His videos are filled with emotion, and capture every aspect of your special day that will be over before you know it. Thank you again David, I really owe you for not backing down on me, and helping me to realize how important a videographer is to have on your wedding team.

Sent on 09/19/2013