Ephemera Reviews

Ephemera 6
Ephemera 7

Katherine · Married on 12/01/2018

Wonderful photography and flowers

I knew I didn’t want the “traditional” cheesy photos/standard plain roses for my wedding. We were not disappointed with our choice, hiring Ephemera for both our engagement shoot and our ceremony day. We opted for the extra hours, and how flexible they were with handling our schedule/our last minute needed changes on the day of. We had a lovely experience, and will forever recommend them to anyone who is looking.

Sent on 02/20/2019
    Ephemera 8
    Ephemera 9
  • Bre

Bre Goldsmith · Married on 09/29/2018

Look No Further: Jaw-Dropping Florals, Integrity & Professionalism

As one of the top caterers in the city, I work with a lot of different vendors, and admittedly, have some pretty high standards. Ephemera exceeded my expectations across the board.

I had first admired Ephemera’s florals at a Providence Preservation Society event a few years back, so when it came time for my wedding, Phoebe (the owner) was my top pick. Her dedication to support local flower-farming, seasoned professionalism and infectious passion continued to confirm that I had made the right decision. She quickly honed in on the spirit of my event, became my style-collaborator, and graciously tailored the floral design to my ever-changing list of wants. Most of all, she honored the creative freedom I gave her by crafting arrangements more beautiful, or should I say “jaw-dropping”, than I could have ever envisioned.

While I imagine Ephemera would do great things with ANY floral direction, I would highly recommend them for someone seeking a vibrant, organic-feeling, superbly original and whimsically-pinnable aesthetic. I can’t wait to use her again!

Sent on 03/14/2019
    Ephemera 10
    Ephemera 11
    Ephemera 12

Meredith Taylor · Married on 09/15/2018

So happy with Ephemera- exactly what we wanted!

We are so happy we chose Ephemera photography for our wedding. Phoebe was so easy to work with. She was responsive with email, professional, and organized. She was easy to work with, and everything excited to help find unique photo spots in the location grounds. We were looking for a basic package- wonderful photography and digital photos - with no extra frills. She provided exactly that. The photos are AMAZING and artistic, rather than standard formal. Even the candids. It’s amazing what she can do as a solo photographer. We are so happy with them, and highly recommend Ephemera photography!!!

Sent on 02/07/2019

Taylor · Married on 06/22/2018

Phoebe did such an AMAZING job. She did the flowers for our wedding on 6/23/18, she was so responsive throughout the entire process. A lot of the florists we looked at before weren’t what we were looking for, we came across her and we’re so impressed, she has such great style and taste! Go with Phoebe, she does an excellent job.

Sent on 07/29/2018

Taylor · Married on 06/22/2018

Phoebe did an AMAZING job with the flowers for our wedding. She was so responsive & helpful throughout the entire process. She has such great style and taste, we couldn’t have asked for a better florist! Definitely go with her for your wedding, you won’t regret it!

Sent on 07/22/2018
    Ephemera 13
    Ephemera 14

David · Married on 06/09/2018

Phoebe did an amazing job with our wedding flowers! She was very helpful during the planning process, and clear about all of the pricing. We had specific ideas for the centerpieces, which were put together flawlessly. The arbor was beyond expectation, absolutely stunning, and an excellent back drop for all of our ceremony pictures! All the bouquets were beautiful as well. Everything was done with care, thought, and attention, there was no comprise in anything Epherma delivered!

Phoebe was also a photographer at our wedding. She was on time, professional, and helpful throughout the day!

Sent on 07/22/2018

Kerstin · Married on 06/02/2018

Phoebe was incredible. She was responsive and easy to communicate with and work with even though we were planning from out of state. As a gay couple we wanted to make sure we found a photographer who was lgbt friendly which is harder said than done but Phoebe made us feel comfortable from the start and is clearly well-informed about the lgbt community which we really appreciated. On our wedding day she did an absolutely amazing job capturing the events and the mood of the day. Our guests haven’t stopped raving about interactions with her. She was a great sport about climbing around on rocks at Beavertail after our ceremony. Also, without Phoebe’s input I’d still be working on crafting a timeline for the day. We cannot recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 07/18/2018
    Ephemera 15

Carley · Married on 05/20/2018

Phoebe did our flowers for our wedding this past weekend and I couldn't wait to get online to review her. She was recommended by a friend for our local RI wedding that we planned in 6 months. We saw her work on Instagram and loved what she had done for other events.

Planning with Phoebe was a breeze and she absolutely was dedicated to giving us a floral design we would remember forever. My husband and I are both students on a budget but very much wanted to use locally sourced flowers. Ephemera was the perfect fit for us. Phoebe helped us work with our budget to find a plan that would fit our needs. My husband and I are laid back people so we didn't have a specific vision in mind for our design. We sent Phoebe a couple of photos of arrangements we liked online but really deferred to her judgement on essentially the whole design. We gave her the general vibe we were going for and she ran with it. I didn't see the flowers until I arrived at my venue and I couldn't believe how stunning they were. I honestly couldn't have envisioned such beautiful designs, especially on our budget.

We had her do the centerpieces, bouquets and an arbor for our ceremony and they were all gorgeous! Our family and friends were very vocal about how much they loved the florals. We even had family members fighting over the centerpieces at the end of the night!

Ephemera is a growing company in RI. My venue coordinators kept asking me who did our arrangements because they were so impressed. They also expressed to me that Phoebe and her crew had been at the venue all day making sure that everything was just right for our wedding. The attention to detail was astounding and I feel so indebted to her for really making our wedding spectacular. You absolutely will not regret booking Ephemera.

Sent on 05/25/2018
    Ephemera 16
    Ephemera 17

Rebekah · Married on 09/16/2017

If you're looking for a florist who is professional, attentive and a true artist, then choose Phoebe at Ephemera! Phoebe was the florist at our September wedding. From the bouquets to the centerpieces to the chuppah--all of her flowers were stunning. Our guests are still complementing us on how beautiful everything was, thanks to Phoebe and her team. In addition to creating gorgeous floral arrangements, Phoebe made planning our wedding (from out of state) simple. We knew we were always in good hands! She listened to our overall vision for our fall wedding, visited our venue, and came up with the perfect flowers for the occasion while being mindful of our budget too. We really could not recommend her highly enough! Choosing her was one of the best decisions we made. Thank you, Phoebe!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Ephemera's reply:

Wow, Rebekah, thank you so much for your kind words - that's overwhelming to hear! I'm so glad that everything went well, and thanks again for bringing such a unique palette and vision to me! Best of luck with everything in the future and stay in touch!

Rebecca · Married on 09/16/2017

Phoebe was an absolute gem to work with. She captured the essence of our wedding perfectly and was very flexible with the day's schedule. Top level quality at an incredible value. Hire her, and you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/09/2017
    Ephemera 18
    Ephemera 19

Ephemera's reply:

Ahhhhhhhh Rebecca! Thanks to you and Pat for being so laid-back, warm and wonderful (and your families as well) - and for giving me an excuse to come to Block Island! The pleasure was all mine. Please get in touch if/when you're back in Rhode Island!

Roberta · Married on 09/03/2017

I can't say enough about Phoebe! She did our breathtaking florals and photography and she is truly amazing at both creative processes. We had a lot of very discerning guests (in a good way!) at our wedding and they continue to tell me how absolutely gorgeous the flowers were. I could not have been more pleased!

Sent on 01/18/2018
    Ephemera 20

Maeve · Married on 09/02/2017

Definitely go with Phoebe! I was so impressed with her Phoebe's talent and professionalism and would recommend her to every couple I know. She did both florals and photography for our sept wedding, and I admit I was not an easy bride to please in terms of florals. Despite not being able to meet with her in person, Phoebe spent countless hours on the phone and emailing with me about my vision for flowers, and despite many of my choices not being in season, she managed to capture everything I was looking for style-wise. I was so happy with her work! She was always responsive, thorough, flexible, incredibly budget friendly, and able to adapt to my last minute requests! Flowers are such an emotional thing for a lot of brides, and to be able to have someone who listens and understands how to convey your personality in this way is a unique gift. Phoebe also did an amazing job with her photographs, making everyone feel comfortable while capturing our authentic relationship in a natural and beautiful way. Phoebe excels above other vendors because she goes above and beyond to meet your needs, and brings you images and memories that you will be forever happy with. Thank you Phoebe!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Nicole · Married on 07/07/2017

Phoebe was truly a pleasure to work with! I think back to the moment when I first saw the room where our ceremony was and I still fill up thinking about how beautiful the florals looked with the ocean in the background. Her passion and creative expression all came though in the most fabulous way. I didn't really have a color scheme and felt like I was really all over the place, but I gave her an overall theme of what we were going for, and she hit it right on the mark! Phoebe is flexible, attentive, and went above and beyond. I hope you have as much fun working with her as I did!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Ephemera's reply:

Nicole! I'm blessed to know AND be able to work with someone as laid back, genuine, kind - and gorgeous! - as you. Thanks for your trust in me, the fun and free wedding vibes and the excuse to play with tropicals - it was really inspiring.
  • O

Olivia · Married on 06/24/2017

Working with Phoebe was an absolute pleasure; she worked with our budget and floral needs for my wedding and went above and beyond my expectations! My bridal bouquet and bridesmaid bouquets took my breath away when I saw them! Phoebe handled the flowers so professionally and beautifully that I didn't need to worry about a thing. I highly recommend Phoebe for all of your floral needs!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Ephemera's reply:

Olivia, thank YOU for trusting me, for your flexibility, understanding and for your warmth! Your appreciation means the world to me.

Mary Beth · Married on 06/09/2017

Phoebe provided the flowers arrangements for my niece's baby shower. She was so fabulous and flexible to work with. She made exquisite arrangements in mason jars for each table, each one different and unique, all complementary and coordinating. The large bar and buffet pieces were stunning. The flowers were the decorations in the small restaurant and they really delivered exactly how we wanted. We told Phoebe that we wanted a very "natural" look and she used beautiful flowers and greens from her gardens, accented with others for effect. We'd work with her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/09/2017

Ephemera's reply:

Mary Beth, thank you! I'm grateful to have been a part of that special day, and for the freedom you gave me to use local and seasonal flowers. Thanks again!

Joyce · Married on 06/04/2017

I would like to second my sister MaryBeth's review of Phoebe's talent with flowers. My daughter (the mom to be) and I couldn't have been happier with the arrangements. They were varied in color and perfect in size for the tables. Phoebe's garden flowers added a lovely, but not overwhelming scent to the room. She brought the beautiful outdoors in to the Edgewood Cafe, and the restaurant looked beautiful and inviting. One of the larger pieces looked gorgeous on my dining room table for several days after the shower.

Sent on 06/10/2017

Nicholas · Married on 03/18/2017

Phoebe filled in last minute for our wedding when our original photographer fell ill the day before the wedding. That's a difficult situation for anyone, but she immediately stepped in and without missing a beat captured the type of photos we were asking for with only a short conversation with me when she arrived. She managed to capture some wonderful photos of our ceremony without any notice of what our venue would look like. Then she was so easy to work with and friendly during the reception, it felt as if she was one of our guests. I can honestly say that it was great to share our wedding day with her. I would recommend her to anyone interested. She won't disappoint!

Sent on 04/11/2017

Alex · Married on 03/02/2017

Phoebe is amazing!! It was so much fun shooting with her, and the photos came out more beautiful and interesting than I could've imagined! She really captured our personalities and understood the way we wanted to be portrayed as people and as a couple. Can't wait to work with her again!

Sent on 03/02/2017

Ephemera's reply:

Thanks Alex! You both were a dream and I loved that you let me exercise my creativity. I can't wait to work together again!
    xo, Phoebe

Rachel · Married on 11/05/2016

I was extremely pleased with the flowers and service that Phoebe provided! Phoebe was relaxed, clear in what she could offer, and flexible with the various changes I made. Most importantly she did a great job of listening to what I wanted and translating the vibe I was going for into a beautiful and elegant product. Phoebe created my wedding bouquet, my husband's boutonniere, as well as two large flower displays for the wedding ceremony that were all original and stunning and for a good price!

Sent on 12/17/2016

Janaya · Married on 10/29/2016

I used Ephemera for a science-themed party; Ephemera went above and beyond by adding tasteful scientific touches while staying within my color scheme and budget. Everyone loved it! I can't wait to work with them again!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Jordan · Married on 08/20/2016

Phoebe did the flowers for our wedding and we couldn't be happier with her designs! She was very responsive throughout the planning process and promptly responded to questions as they arose. Phoebe has such a unique vision and was able to use many of the flowers we grew at our farm in a beautiful and creative manner. We really didn't want the standard look for the flowers at our wedding that you might get from other florists. She went above and beyond our expectations with the beautiful bouquets, flower crowns, table decorations and artistic touches to the venue. I couldn't recommend her highly enough! She made our wedding so memorable and beautiful.

Sent on 11/29/2016

Megan · Married on 08/13/2016

Thankfully Phoebe knew what she was doing and was able to position us in ways that shot well. She gave us suggestions of different poses as we went and we ended up having a lot of fun doing it. Phoebe was able to beautifully capture moments of laughter and genuine happiness between us as a couple. I am so very thankful to her for her great work!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Alicia · Married on 07/23/2016

Phoebe was absolutely wonderful! We could not say enough about her quality of work, as well as her character. She was so accommodating in every aspect- scheduled times/dates, responsiveness to questions, and well within our budget. What we loved most about the service was that she captured us so naturally and beautifully. Nothing was forced, too pose-y or took too long. Our wedding guests raved more about her than the food and decor! She was so friendly and FUN to work with!
    We received the photos very quickly after the wedding. They were absolutely stunning, and had plenty to choose from.
    Hands down a 5 star experience. We would recommend her to anyone, and have already referred a few friends to her. We wish her a long and prosperous career. Thank you Phoebe! -Cristen & Alicia xoxo

Sent on 12/05/2016

Ephemera's reply:

Awwww, thank you SO MUCH! I really appreciate your kind words and continued support, and I feel blessed to have been able to be a part of your wedding! (I can't pretend that I didn't tear up during your first dance, either). Wishing your family so much happiness!

John Murphy · Married on 04/16/2016

Phoebe is the best!

Phoebe is wonderful to work with. She is professional and helpful with any questions or concerns you may have. She comes prepared and doesn't miss a moment. Phoebe is also very flexible and was able to accommodate our requests. She arrived on time and stayed to make sure we had all the shots we needed. Thank you for capturing this beautiful day.

Sent on 01/19/2019