Enlighten Excursions Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Yolanda
    Yp Married on 08/11/2021

Should be Extraordinary Excursions!

I wanted to plan a dream vacation for my beloved girlfriend’s 60th birthday at the last minute, during the coronavirus pandemic, at a warm destination, and LBGT+ friendly. Needless to say, I had zero expectation that it would really happen. Fortunately, I had an amazing 50th birthday experience of my own, planned well in advance by Enlighten Excursions, so I decided to give them another go. After contacting Deirdre with Enlighten Excursions, my skepticism and worry melted away. Deirdre is kindhearted, listens well, professional, well informed, resourceful, thorough and efficient.

When asked about our trip, I describe it as being nothing short of a fairytale. From transportation arrangements to butler drawn bubble baths, every little detail was covered. The trip was excellent, easily the best experience I ever had working with a travel agent. Besides, appreciating how Deirdre went above and beyond for me, I think what I valued most about this trip was that she educated herself on the coronavirus protocols in place for each destination I explored and made suggestions to limit our exposure. If you want to get the best of what great travel offers, Enlighten Excursions is sure to please!

Yolanda P, Washington DC
    J Thorne Married on 04/10/2020

Amazing Experience

Absolutely an amazing trip in a beautiful destination. Working with Enlighten Excursions was great. They made planning the trip easy and hassle free. Will definitely use Enlighten Excursions again for our next trip!
  • Y
    Yvonne Married on 12/10/2019

Antigua Destination Wedding

We were blessed with a no stress, romantic and brilliantly planned destination wedding at Sandals Grande Antigua. Even when it looked like everything would fall through because I had to reschedule my flight at the last minute due to a military assignment Deirdre was cool and methodical explaining all of the potential issues that could happen. Then she proceeded to make sure that not one of those things actually occurred. Everything was moved and it was just like the reschedule never happened. Deirdre really cares about the details and her agency got great perks for us. Honestly, all we had to do was show up and enjoy paradise!
    Lamar C. Married on 09/28/2019

Easiest Trip Ever!!!

Enlighten Excursions is a phenomenal agency. My wife and I booked our honeymoon to Hawaii in September through Enlighten and we couldn't have picked a better agency to travel with. Dee was attentive, she listen to what we wanted and she delivered big time! Our honeymoon was an absolute joy. We didn't have to lift a finger, the price was right, and it was luxury from start to finish. Definitely Five Star all the way!
  • Deborah
    Deborah Married on 07/25/2019

Awesome! Wedding in jamaica

Marvin and I are so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with Stacey and Enlighten Excursions. Stacey and her team were extremely professional and provided quality customer service. They went above and beyond the call of duty to make our wedding a success. Within 4 months all of our guest were booked and ready to go. She and her staff were always a phone call, text or email away. We have already started recommending Enlighten Excursions to our friends and family!

Debbie,
    It was our pleasure to help you and Marvin celebrate this special day! It was a great experience for us to and we wish you all the best in the future.

Stacey and Deirdre
  • Samantha
    Samantha Married on 06/22/2019

Your #1 Wedding Planner/Travel Agent!!

We cannot express how lucky we were to have stubbled upon Deirdre and her expertise! She is so warm and knowledgeable, experienced and attentive to every little detail.

From the beginning, Deirdre helped us for months by communicating and researching the most perfect hotel to fit our destination wedding needs. She spent hours emailing, calling to make sure every detail was perfect. She was so wonderful and patient walking us through the process of putting on a wedding from start to finish.

Our guests raved about working with her and planning out their travel plans. She sent detailed personalized itineraries to all of our guest. Many of my guests are now utilizing her expertise to plan other family trips and she helped us plan our honeymoon to Italy! Deirdre even made time to stop by my bridal shower to make a surprise visit which meant so much to us!

If you are looking for help planning your next trip and want an easy travel experience I highly recommend making Enlightened Excursions your first stop! You will be happy you did!
  • Sarah Anne
    Sarah A. Married on 06/22/2019

Say goodbye to honeymoon stress!

When we were planning our wedding, I knew the last thing we needed was the added stress of planning a honeymoon on top of it. Luckily, we found Enlighten Excursions and it was the best decision for us! Stacey helped us plan our dream honeymoon to Spain, including Barcelona, Seville, and Madrid. She was super flexible when we wanted to change the number of paid activities or "excursions" in our itinerary for more unstructured time on our own - it ended up being the perfect balance. Stacey was also readily available to help when we had questions in the week leading up to and even during our trip. The planning fee was very reasonable and 110% worth it. I would recommend Enlighten Excursions to anyone looking for a stress-free solution to honeymoon planning!

Sarah Anne,
    Thank you for the great review. I really enjoyed working with you both and so glad you enjoyed your Spain in honeymoon!
    Stacey
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra Married on 06/01/2019

Honeymoon in Paradise

We chose Enlighten Excursions to plan the honeymoon of our dreams in 2019. From start to finish, Dee and her team made sure that we had everything we wanted plus more. Little details like having champagne and fruit delivered to our room to congratulate us on our nuptials really put the icing on the cake. The entire process was seamless!! Do yourself a favor, book Enlighten Excursions. You will not be disappointed!
  • Siobhan
    Siobhan Married on 05/10/2019

Honeymoon to Antigua

We worked with Stacey to book our honeymoon, myself and my husband have never really traveled before so it was amazing to have help organizing such an important trip! Stacey was outstanding, giving us so many choices until we found the perfect one! The resort we stayed out far exceeded our expectations and we would work with her again for future trips for sure!

Siobhan,
    Many thanks for the glowing review. I'm so glad your honeymoon was everything you wanted it to be! Best wishes to both you!

Stacey
    Giancarlo Married on 08/12/2017
    Great experience. Deidre really went above and beyond. Will definitely recommend.
    Jessica Married on 07/28/2017
    Deirdre of Enlighten Excursions is simply amazing! My husband and I used Enlighten Excursions to help us plan our destination wedding (with 50 guests!) to the Hard Rock Riviera Maya in Riviera Maya, Mexico. Deirdre was there through every step of the planning process. She helped us choose our resort - I gave her a list of things we were looking for in a resort and she was able to help us narrow down the endless options (and our resort did not disappoint - absolutely amazing). She also booked and coordinated travel and rooms for my husband and I AND for ALL of our 50 guests! In addition, she helped book group excursions in the area, travel to and from the resort, and was even there to help coordinate the wedding planning between myself and the resort wedding coordinator. Our resort stay and wedding were absolutely incredible and we could not have pulled it off without Enlighten Excursions! I highly recommend Deirdre and Enlighten Excursions for any travel you are considering - you will not be disappointed!
  • W
    Whitney Married on 10/17/2015
    Deirdre with Enlighten Excusions is amazing! She recently helped with the planning and booking of our trip to Mexico for my best friends wedding. She did an incredible job booking our accommodations and excursions. She had great recommendations for saving time and money and truly made our vacation exactly what we wanted. She's extremely responsive and easy to communicate with by phone or email. Give her a call when planning your destination wedding or honeymoon! You will love her!
    Allen Married on 06/04/2015
    Deirdre took care of pretty much every detail of our wedding. We wanted something intimate and exotic and she suggested a cruise with a beach wedding. Neither of us had ever been on a cruise before so that scenario wouldn't have occurred to me. But we combined the wedding and honeymoon and everything was perfect. It was truly a stress free experience. There was a wonderful surprise around every corner, chocolates here, flowers there, champagne. It was awesome. And I loved waking up every day in a different place with new things to explore. We watch the wedding video every so often just to remind ourselves that it wasn't a dream. I love hearing the waves crashing in the background.
  • User2606655 Event on: 05/28/2015
    If you want adventure, excitement and awe let Enlighten Excursions plan your next vacation! Deirdre planned our trip to Greece and it was amazing. We visited Athens and took some interesting day trips from there. We traveled by ferry to Crete and hiked the Samaria Gorge (whew). We visited the beautiful Island of Santorini where we met local people, ate the freshest seafood, and partied hard but we learned a lot too. This wasn’t a boring by-the-book tour. This trip was a perfect blend of fun, exploration, and relaxation, a combo I could not have put together on my own. It was truly a perspective broadening experience. I highly recommend you avail yourself of Deirdre’s planning expertise.

Therese
    Kimberly Married on 05/23/2015
    I am from St. Croix, Virgin Islands and my husband is from North Carolina. Deirdre helped plan our wedding in Chapel Hill, NC. She couldn't have been any more invested than if it were her own wedding. She really went above and beyond. Being so far from home the one thing I longed for and thought was impossible to get was a little piece of home-- some traditional black cake. We could find no place in North Carolina with experience doing this. We gave a couple of places the recipe, but that wasn't fruitful either. Deirdre then found a Jamaican bakery in Washington DC to do the cake. She picked it up in DC and drove it to Chapel Hill to be decorated for the wedding. The cake was authentic and perfect. The whole day was perfect. We are so grateful.
    Latasha Married on 10/18/2014
    First let me say, I don’t recommend that anyone do this, BUT, I had been wavering back and forth on a wedding date. I had done a little planning with Deirdre but then called it off because so many other things were going on. I finally decided to move forward and called Deirdre with literally only 2 days to plan. I didn’t even have a dress y'all! Deirdre dropped everything and helped me pull off the day and it was amazing. We bought the dress Thursday, got it altered Friday, and got married Saturday. I still can’t believe it. A few special people couldn’t make it because of the short notice, but otherwise it was perfect. If you need personal committed service I HIGHLY recommend Enlighten Excursions for wedding and honeymoon planning.
    Tasha