Engaged Entertainment Reviews

Engaged Entertainment 5
Engaged Entertainment 6
Engaged Entertainment 7

Timothy Mccarville · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing, helpful, and flexible!

Ryan was easy to work with, irreplaceable as a master of ceremonies, and incredibly helpful in terms of planning and making our wedding special, spectacular, and uniquely our own!

Sent on 09/19/2019

Maggie Surrena · Married on 08/31/2019

So much more than just a DJ

My husband and I are so happy we hired Ryan for our wedding. He helped with our wedding in so many ways. He is more than what you think of when you think wedding DJ. Ryan helped provide the ceremony support we wanted, subtle music during cocktail hour and dinner, and did an amazing job as master of ceremonies. His introductions for our wedding party were better than we could have imagined.
    Ryan is very gifted at what he does. You can tell that he loves his job and loves helping put couples weddings together into a truly magical day. We video chatted with Ryan many occasions before our wedding. He left no stone unturned in the planning process and really took a personal interest in what mattered to us on our wedding day. He even made a visit up to our wedding venue in the syracuse area to have a collaborate meeting with us and our wedding planner at the venue. Ryan goes above and beyond for his couples.

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Mara

Mara Giordani · Married on 08/16/2019

Worth Every Penny

If you want your wedding to go smoothly and not have to worry the day of your wedding then engaged Entertainment is the way to go. Ryan is extremely thorough and makes sure every detail of your wedding is planned. He doesn't just play music, he keeps track of your timeline and keeps your dance floor crowded all night long. He is professional and goes beyond the role of a DJ. Book him now before his calendar fills up!!

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Ryan

Ryan · Married on 08/10/2019

Highly recommended ryan!

Ryan goes above and beyond to make your day the best that he can. From the very beginning he was always willing to meet and discuss ideas. He has set up many meetings to discuss timelines and stories and details. We had microphones hidden in our pockets for the ceremonies and all the guests commented on how well you could hear everything. The reception was wonderful with great music choices and fun activities to keep everyone entertained. (i.e.introductions with songs, a love story, trivia to get food, newlywed game) we would highly recommended Ryan he was worth every penny!

Sent on 08/20/2019

Dustin Sturdevant · Married on 07/27/2019

Amazing DJ!

My wife and I strongly recommend Ryan! He was great every step of the way and he blew away our expectations. The photo booth was a huge hit. He went above and beyond to add personal touches and details. We couldn’t be happier with him and his services.

Sent on 08/07/2019
  • Katherine

Katherine Kempa-Heeman · Married on 06/29/2019

Best choice we made

We cannot thank Ryan enough for all that he did in helping us through the planning process of our wedding. Our biggest request was that everyone would dance and simply have the best time, so we were very particular in choosing our DJ. Ryan exceeded every expectation that we had. We went through multiple planning meetings with him and every time he was professional, personable and fun no matter what. From the beginning he offered so many unique and fun things. Our guests adored our love story video that he put together for us and it had everyone smiling and in tears. He also provided the up lighting. It was perfection. He also did a mashup of songs for my father/daughter dance and he hit it spot on to what we envisioned. The entire night flowed so well because of Ryan. He took the time to get to know us and our families. All of our guests commented that it was the most fun they have had at a wedding. Our first and really only request to Ryan was that people danced and he delivered. Our overall experience with Engaged Entertainment was incredible. He knows the industry, he is professional, fun, intelligent and truly amazing at what he does. We would not have had the same wedding day or experience without him!

Sent on 07/04/2019
    Engaged Entertainment 8
    Engaged Entertainment 9

Corey Redmond · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing Dj

Ryan is an amazing person to work with. Not only is he very professional, Ryan is also personable and extremely easy going. He is a DJ and a wedding planner rolled into one and can make the best time out of any situation. He was worth the price!

Sent on 07/06/2019
  • Ryan

Ryan Compher · Married on 06/22/2019

Professional and very accommodating

I was fortunate enough to work with Ryan last weekend in the Poconos, he was the emcee, I was the floor manager. He was a true professional and extremely accommodating. His only agenda was to ensure that the clients’ needs were met, and that guests remained on the dance floor all night. A true class act!’

Sent on 07/11/2019
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 06/15/2019

Above and Beyond Engaging Entertainment

My husband Peter and I got married on 6/15/2019 and were fortunate to have Ryan from Engaged Entertainment for our DJ needs. He was a recommendation from Peter’s brother Mike, who claimed Ryan was experienced – and boy did he deliver! Ryan makes you feel comfortable with video chat and email conversations, and he communicated with us every step of the way. He is very organized, patient and professional. Ryan has packages that are customizable and offer things from uplighting, monogram projections, video montages and even brings his own photo booth with props.

Our wedding took place in NJ and Ryan was willing to accommodate by traveling from upstate NY. Our wedding extended an hour later and even then, Ryan kept the show going. His music is loud enough for everyone to get on the dance floor, but not to the point where you can’t hear each other talk. He also transformed our talking points for bridal party introductions into a script that made our families tear up a little. His services were worth every penny and I would highly recommend you book him for your next special event!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Gwen Kania · Married on 02/16/2019

Great Experience

We had both the DJ and Photo booth at our Centennial Gala. Engaged Entertainment did an excellent job! A guest told me that she was able to enjoy the dinner music and yet hear conversations across the table. The music was never too loud and the selections were appropriate. The photo booth added a playful quality to a fancy event. Thank you Ryan & Colin!

Sent on 02/20/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria Tagarelli · Married on 12/15/2018

Amazing job!

Ryan was an amazing DJ and Master of Ceremonies! From our first meeting with him, I knew I would not have to worry about the schedule the entire night of the reception. As a Type A person, that is saying something! He did an incredible job and we got so many compliments on how great he was. From planning the schedule, song selection, and creating our own love story video, he made our wedding so special and took away so much stress! We also had the photo booth through him and received a beautiful guest book from it; the attendant there was on top of getting a copy of each photo strip in the book and having people sign.

Sent on 01/27/2019

Curtis Mclain · Married on 11/03/2018

Made the day

I cant say enough good things about our experience with Ryan and his company. The amount of effort and detail that was put into our wedding made me feel like we were the only client on the books. Not only were we given guidance and insight, but all of our concerns and desires were addressed and given.
    We sat for a video interview and hashed out the details. To be honest, at first Ryan came at us with some suggestions that I was skeptical about. Color changing up lighting around the room, an entrance story for my wife and I, table games for the guests, display screens with texts and tweets in live time being shown. It all seemed very gimmicky to me at first. And boy was I wrong. It was all amazing. Everything came together great and every single thing that Ryan suggested, turned out awesome. I've been to quite a few weddings and I have never seen the DJ put in so much work and make everything come together so well. Icing on the cake? We get digital copies of the photobooth pics and everything that was tweeted and instagrammed.
    We even nixed some things last minute which didnt even phase Ryan and as a guest, you would have never known the plan was changed.
    As far as the price section of this review, it's never good business to talk numbers publicly. What I will say is that for everything that we got, we paid on par what other DJs cost just to play music.
    10 out of 10 experience for sure.

Sent on 11/08/2018

alissa · Married on 09/22/2018

Ryan is so easy to work with to customize the perfect day!!! We are about 300 days away from our wedding and I have so much confidence he will deliver the best wedding ever!! The 2 weddings we attended, done by him, were great! Good flow of events and music to keep everyone on the dance floor all night!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Alissa · Married on 09/22/2018

Ryan was amazing to work with! Made it easy to communicate all our wishes and dreams for our day and he helped bring everything to life!! He was so helpful with suggestions on things we were unsure of, and made our day go so soothly! Thank you Ryan for you’re hard work and effort to make our day the best ever! Will recommend to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 09/27/2018
    Engaged Entertainment 10

Marcy · Married on 09/15/2018

Couldn't ask for more

When my husband and I first sat down trying to decide on a DJ, we were looking for someone to play music for us and possibly provide some lighting. Ryan was so much more than a "DJ" to us. He ran the show! Ryan provided a photo booth, complete ceremony support, carefully selected music tailored to our taste, media support including a beautiful video interview of our love story from both mine and my husbands perspective and so much more. The day had so many fun and thoughtful little surprises that even we weren't expecting which made our day that much more enjoyable. If you want a DJ who doubles as a wedding planner, friend, and MASTER OF CEREMONIES, you have found the right person. Ryan and his family are among the most genuine people we have ever met and we truly could not have asked for more. Thank you so much for making our day so magical, personal, and perfect.

Sent on 11/29/2018

Jack · Married on 08/30/2018

Engaged Entertainment did an incredible job at our walk event. Ryan was so easy to work with and so professional. We will certainly continue to obtain his services in the future.

Sent on 09/17/2018

Tanya · Married on 08/25/2018

Ryan was so amazing. He is extremely easy and fun to work with, He literally made our wedding. If I could go back I wouldn't change a thing about who we hired. The photo booth run by his wife for our wedding was absolutely amazing and so much fun all our guests loved it. And we got an album of all the pictures our guests took. I would highly recommend Ryan for any wedding!!!!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Chelsi · Married on 08/11/2018

Let me start off with saying that Ryan was absolutely amazing to work with! I had previously seen what he was capable of at my friend's wedding and told my (now) husband that if we ever got married we just HAD to have him! We live in Pennsylvania and lucky for us he made the 2 hour trip to entertain our wedding reception! Ryan is a very detailed person and really wants to know his bride and groom. From the very beginning he was very easy to work with and it felt like he was one of our best friends. Ryan is not your typical DJ, he goes above and beyond what a normal DJ does!

Sent on 08/21/2018
    Engaged Entertainment 11
    Engaged Entertainment 12
    Engaged Entertainment 13

Gloria · Married on 07/21/2018

Ryan goes so far above and beyond what you would ever expect from a DJ. I am so happy with the experience I had with him. He has such great, original ideas and just thinks of everything (which is so helpful to a bride)! He really helped to personalize our wedding, from the ceremony to the reception.
    One of our family members sang during our ceremony, and he coordinated directly with her and even set up a practice for them to make sure everything would run smoothly for day of.
    Ryan helped to make our reception a blast! Our guests are still raving how great our entrances were (all coordinated by Ryan), and how much energy he had with the dance floor, full all night. He even accommodated a last minute request to extend our party an extra hour.
    I can't say enough how happy I was with Ryan as our DJ, I would recommend him to any bride!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Megan · Married on 07/06/2018

Ryan was tremendous to work with. He was extremely accommodating and willing to meet numerous times. He is very thorough and detailed when planning for events. Ryan was able to give us valuable advice during planning that helped to make our wedding great. I would recommend him to anyone, he is a true professional and he won’t disappoint.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Jason · Married on 06/15/2018

Ryan was awesome from the moment we met him. He was at an open house for our venue and we knew within minutes that we wanted to work with him. Ryan was very professional and always available throughout our planning process. He made great suggestions, but also made sure that our ceremony and reception went off exactly as we wanted it to. He also did a great job coordinating with our other vendors so that everything went according to plan on our big day.

Sent on 06/27/2018

Alicia · Married on 06/09/2018

I would HIGHLY recommend Engaged Entertainment for weddings and any social events! Ryan is extremely professional, attentive, fun, energetic and worth every penny! I hired Engaged Entertainment for my wedding ceremony and reception. During the meetings, we discussed every aspect of how I wanted the ceremony and reception to go. When my husband and I were stuck on what to do during different aspects of the reception, Ryan had great suggestions and made the process go so smoothly. He had amazing uplighting in the reception space, an amazing photo booth that was used the entire night, played an amazing slideshow of our pictures for specific dances and played some great music. My guests were dancing and having a great time all night! If you want to make sure every dollar spent is well worth it, hire Engaged Entertainment!!

Sent on 07/02/2018
    Engaged Entertainment 14

Jamie · Married on 04/13/2018

My new husband and I could not be happier that we chose Engaged Entertainment for our wedding DJ and MC. Ryan was amazing from start to finish. From the initial interview to our actual wedding day, Ryan put a lot of care and thought into our event and was great with dealing with any curve balls thrown his way. His attention to detail is phenomenal. He asked us things we would have never even thought of and ultimately, made our wedding day perfect. He was very fun and interactive with our guests. So much so that we are still getting compliments on him, and our photographer may even use him for her wedding! Everything was amazing and so much more than we had expected. Thank you so much, Ryan!

Sent on 04/19/2018

Stephen · event on 02/11/2018

Ryan was awesome, great lighting, music, and the photo booth is a huge hit!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Sent on 02/12/2018

Cassandra · Married on 12/30/2017

From our initial booking meeting it was clear that Ryan goes above and beyond your typical DJ. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, he was there with helpful advice from the wedding day timeline, fun games and dances for the reception, the "feel" of the cocktail hour, and obviously, the music at the reception. Engaged Entertainment uses their own online planning program where you can input all of your wedding plans, tweak them together, and also add songs to your wedding playlist. We felt very prepared and weren't stressed at all before the wedding because he had everything laid out. On the wedding day itself, Ryan made sure the night progressed as we planned. His music selection for the cocktail hour was spot on, he did a fabulous introduction for our wedding party, made announcements to our guests as necessary, and had the dance floor full all night. At the end of the night, he helped us pull off our grand exit. Overall, he was truly amazing and worth every penny. When people say not to skimp on your DJ for your wedding they are right- you need a great DJ like Ryan. Our wedding was one of the best days of our lives and Engaged Entertainment had a huge role in that. We even had a few people tell us that this was the best wedding they had attended- again something I attribute to our DJ. So if you aren't sure what DJ to book, I'm telling you- Engaged Entertainment is the way to go. You will get an amazing value and even more amazing memories.

P.S.- we booked the photo booth through Engaged Entertainment and it was a huge hit. Its not a standard tiny photo booth, its almost like a small curtained-off room. Furthermore, Ryan and his staff set up a guestbook/scrapbook station so your guests can leave their photos with a nice message. It was very well done so if you are doing a photo booth I really recommend booking this through Ryan.

Sent on 01/16/2018