Encore L'Amore Events Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Kate

Kate · Married on 10/20/2018

Hands-down a Great Time

We first were introduced to Encore L'Amor through my sister's wedding last summer, and we had a blast. We decided to hire Jon again for my wedding, and WOW -- we are so pleased with our decision! Jon was fun, professional, and genuinely a great guy throughout the planning process. Thank you so much!

James · Married on 09/01/2018

Encore L' Amore Events was fantastic. We were very late in contacting them but they were amazingly accommodating. Our DJ was Jon Glass. He was extremely professional, efficient, and well worth every penny. I would gladly recommend Encore L' Amore Events and Jon Glass. If I have the occasion I will definitely use them again.

Regina · Married on 10/08/2017

Rob McDowell Rocks!!!! DJ and MC rolled into one. I didn't need a wedding planner to help with the reception. He was very easy to work with and responded to my questions promptly despite the majority of our communication was via email. He even requested a short meeting a few days prior to our reception to work through any potential kinks and helped us make wise decisions. A true professional and "must have" at any party event. He kept our small wedding hopping til 11pm. Thank YOU!!!!

Julie · Married on 09/03/2017

We had Jon for our wedding DJ and he was fabulous! We met with him before hand and immediately knew we would be using him for our wedding. We also used Jon for our ceremony and he did a great job. He kept people on the dance floor all night and was a huge part of the reason that we got so many compliments like "best wedding ever!" and "most fun wedding I've ever been to!". I would definitely recommend Jon and Encore!

Allie · Married on 06/24/2017

Great great job - could hear when announcing, provided mics for toast. Music GREAT variety and so easy to work with.

Brad · Married on 01/06/2017

We had Encore L'Amore for our winter wedding and they were absolutely amazing. From when we first met with Rob you could tell he was very professional and awesome to work with. We did not know a'lot about the song selections for certain parts during the ceremony and reception and he had great suggestions and guided us right through the process. Every part of the wedding was right on point and there were zero issues or flaws during the night. His music selection from the cocktail hour to the reception was amazing and the night flowed very smoothly. I could not have imagined working with another DJ and If I could give him 10 stars I would. Also I would highly recommend using the photo booth (it was a hit and fun for all age groups). Rob I just want to thank you for making our night awesome!

Kelli · Married on 09/10/2016

We heard great things about this company and after speaking with the owner we knew we had to book them right away. We quickly found out who our DJ was for our special night and was kind of skeptical of how he would do. Well there was NO reason to be nervous, stressed, skeptical whatever we were feeling because he was absolutely INCREDIBLE. His name is Dave Frederick (Request him). As a main job for a DJ, it is to show up, play the music, keep the audience attention, and just entertain. Well with Dave it was more than just being our DJ, his main priority was my Husband and I. His main focus was our wants/needs, happiness, and he definitely accomplished that on our wedding night. The music was EVERYTHING we wanted, he listened to us very intently, and he ALWAYS made sure Ben and I were having a great time (of course along with the audience). When things came up he quickly brought it to my husband or I's attention even if we were dancing away on the dance floor he would join in on the moves and quickly telling us his thoughts. He wasn't just our DJ that night he was our guest and friend too!
    I can go on and on about how amazing Dave was. Its in your best interest to book with Encore L'Amore Events and please request DAVE FREDERICK if you want a unforgettable night to remember!
    -Dave you were awesome and we cant thank you enough. We are so incredibly thankful! Keep up the amazing work, you have a bright future ahead! -Kelli and Ben

Lindsay · Married on 06/25/2016

Rob, the owner of Encore, was absolutely incredible throughout the wedding process and the day itself. My husband and I were initially leaning towards booking a band for our reception, but Rob came so highly recommended to me from my wedding coordinator at the Statehouse, that we decided to go with him and are SO glad that we did! He was extremely professional and responded to my emails in a quick manner. We booked Rob about a year and a half before our wedding day, and within that time frame he had moved to Myrtle Beach, SC. Even though he was working from Myrtle Beach, he made it a priority to meet with my husband and I in Columbus before our wedding when he was in town for another wedding. Rob had great suggestions about music selections and the timing of all of the small details of the reception, and he was equally great the day of the wedding, making the time to come up to me whenever needed to update me on the timing of things (which I liked because I am a control freak). We also used Rob for uplighting, and WOW did it make the space look amazing!! The dance floor was packed from start to finish, and we owe that to Rob. My husband and I could not be happier with our decision to go with Rob for our DJ... HIGHLY recommend!!

Tara · Married on 06/04/2016

A friend of mine recently was married and recommended Rob at Encore. Rob was wonderful! From the beginning I was unsure of music choices and how I wanted the evening to flow. Rob gave great suggestions and kept everyone in attendance dancing all night! I have attended many weddings previously and have experienced the 'obnoxious dj'. we all know the type, loud, semi annoying and sounding as if they are at an auction rather than a wedding. Rob was never over the top and always professional and dressed very nicely! He looked like a guest at the wedding, not a dj in an oversized tuxedo. I appreciated this. There was rain on our wedding day and we he to leave locations to take pictures so my husband and I were a little late returning for dinner and set the timing of everything off and we were starving so we decided at the VERY last minute to change the order of how we wanted things to go. Rob agreed with a smile and was very accommodating. I would recommend Rob to anyone!

Carley · Married on 06/21/2015

Joe with Encore was such an amazing DJ! We planned this wedding from out of town and he made time to meet us every time we came into town and answered all of my emails and phone calls. He was extremely professional and not at all a "corny" DJ. He kept the night moving smoothly and on time and really made the atmosphere great! We would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a fabulous wedding DJ!

Sent on 06/25/2015

Encore L'Amore Events's reply:

Carley,

Thank you for your kind words! It was my honor and privilege to be a part of your amazing day. I was so happy that everyone had a good time, especially mom! Encore and I would like to wish you and David all the best, with many years of happiness & memorable moments!

Thanks,
    Joe Michalski
    Manager/DJ
    Encore L'Amore Events

chris · Married on 06/06/2015

Rob did a great job at our Wedding and the Wedding we saw him at originally. We saw how well he did at our friends wedding and knew we had found our DJ as well. He offered good insight every step of the way. He did so well in fact - We are literally still being thanked for getting people to dance that had never been seen dancing. Is there a better compliment possible? Highly recommend Encore !!

• Katie

Katie · Married on 06/06/2015

We had Jon for our wedding and he was awesome! He met with us in person a few days before the wedding (once we got in town as we live out of state) to go over songs we had chosen and others that we didn't want played. He was super professional and was great at reading the crowd in order to keep everyone on the dance floor til the end. He even gave us a CD at the end of the night with some of the key songs we picked out for our first dances and such so that we have a "mixtape" of our night. Rob was also great and professional to work with in our emails back and forth. Encore is a class act and I would definitely recommend having Jon DJ your wedding night- you will not be disappointed!

Heather · Married on 05/23/2015

We worked with Jon Glass for our wedding and he was fantastic! We met with him two weeks before the wedding to go over what we were looking for on the big day. He was knowledgable, professional, and was able to understand and accommodate what kind of sound we were looking for for the wedding. We gave a pretty lengthy list of songs we wanted used for each part of the night and he was able to get all of them! Day-of he was professional and helped our day run with ease. The music sounded fantastic and we were shocked how many people were out on the dance floor and kept dancing all night!

Joe was an amazing DJ! He worked with us in advance of the big day, planning our music. Joe had a vast library of music and offered to get any additional songs he didn’t have we might want. He worked with us to craft our playlist, providing his own suggestions and expertise, yet making it something uniquely us at the same time. We got a ton of great feedback and everyone seemed to love the music.

In terms of equipment, Joe did a great job getting set up. We had an outdoor wedding, and so were a bit worried about how the sound would carry, but everything was crisp and easy to hear, without being excessively loud.

After the wedding, Joe did a really nice job MCing the wedding. Our dance floor was packed the entire night. Joe set the right tempo and was great at playing something lively and getting everyone back on their feet anytime things seemed to slow down.
    In addition to Joe, we also rented a photo booth from Encore. The booth added something unique to our wedding that the guests loved, and was a great source of souvenirs. In addition to giving both us and the guests physical copies of all the photos, we also got a usb drive of them all.

In summary, Encore is great, and Joe is a superb DJ. They will not let you down.

Alissa · Married on 05/09/2015

When we first met with Joe, he instantly made everything about us. He wasnt there to push a sale or just because we were another blank check. We could both tell how much he genuinely cared about making our day everything we've ever wanted and ultimately created an unforgettable day especially for us. As most brides and grooms do, my now husband and I have very different tastes when it comes to music. Joe made our decisions effortless once he understood what type of reception we envisioned with our friends and family. The photo booth was a fantastic addition which is included in the amount I listed. He was extremely professional, communicated to everyone clearly, and was wonderful about checking in with us to make sure we had everything we needed. I even surprised my husband with Brutus the Buckeye at our reception which Joe handled perfectly.
    We could not be more thankful for making our wedding day even more perfect than we thought possible! It all still feels like a dream to us. I wish you all the best!

Eva · Married on 05/02/2015

Joe was the DJ for our wedding ceremony and reception. He did an absolutely amazing job with everything!! The timing for music, the lighting, and the improv when things didn't go as planned was outstanding! I would recommend him to anyone and everyone! Nice job Joe!!!

Kirsten · Married on 03/21/2015

Jon Glass was such a great DJ. He played every song that we wanted (even our entrance song that he did not have but got for us!). We had many of our guests that state that he didn't even play one bad song. The whole reception was run smoothly and on time. He was extremely flexible with meetings before the wedding, especially since we were from out of town. We could not of asked for another DJ. Thanks for everything Jon!
    - The Browns

Rebecca · Married on 08/30/2014

We worked with Rob and Joe for our wedding. They were both completely awesome! Joe was our DJ for our ceremony and reception. He was absolutely amazing! Keeping us informed throughout the night, working with our officiant, venue, and other vendors, and keeping the night running smoothly. Once the formalities were over he had everyone on their feet for the entire night dancing. I am so glad that we went with Encore!

Joe was completely understanding of our wishes for our reception and did an amazing job that night!

Joe was an amazing DJ! He was extremely attentive to our music concerns and requests. He was also nice and professional and exceptionally knowledgeable of his song list! Thanks for a fabulous reception!

Jason · Married on 07/19/2014

Our two main concerns when looking for a DJ for our reception were the music itself and finding a DJ that was unobtrusive to the party. My musical tastes tend to be pretty picky and fall heavily in the indie/obscure realm, so I was...apprehensive about trusting the party with somebody else. That said, working with Encore and our DJ Alicia was fantastic. From our initial meeting to post-reception, Alicia was professional, enthusiastic, and responsive. Too many receptions are ruined by DJs that feel that they are The Entertainment and overstep that boundary, but Alicia maintained a perfect background presence and never inserted herself in the celebration unnecessarily. This was HUGE for us, and Alicia was awesome at it. Add that to the fact that her playlist and timing were flawless, and that she truly cared about the enjoyment of our guests. We (and guests that asked us for her contact info) were extremely thrilled with how the party went.

A++, WOULD PARTY DOWN AGAIN.

Lauren · Married on 06/28/2014

Two weeks ago, we used Encore for our DJ at our wedding and we are so pleased in every way possible. Our experience was awesome! It was smooth from our very first conversation with Rob. Then we met Zac, who was our DJ, and my worries were gone. They are both very professional and experienced. They know how to make a wedding fun and not cheesy! The wedding was held at my parent's house. Zac set up two areas- one to provide the ceremony music and the other under the tent for the reception. He was very prompt. We hadn't decided on a couple of our songs until a couple days before the day and he was very flexible in adding them in. All the songs were great and the transitions/"fade in's & out's" sounded so nice and professional. Zac was great!! Encore is worth every penny! They will put your mind at ease and will be well taken care of! Thanks Rob & Zac!

Morgan · Married on 06/14/2014

Zac was great to work with and made our day a blast!

Tiffany · Married on 06/14/2014

Jon Glass was our DJ for our wedding and we could not have been happier with him! We had several comments on how great the DJ was. He had people on the dance floor the entire evening. We met with Jon 2 weeks before the wedding, and he was very personable. We had an idea of what we wanted for most songs, but not all. He did an excellent job with suggestions for different points in the evening – He knows his music. The day of the wedding Jon also went above and beyond organizing and executing each ‘event’ of the evening. Not only did he pull our large wedding party together for the entrance, he got my husband and I our first drinks of the evening (which we had no time to get), he came over to us several times throughout the evening to cue us on what was about to happen next, and let us know when certain songs (that we discussed ahead of time) were going to be played. I didn’t have to worry about anything, as Jon had it all taken care of! We highly recommend Jon Glass and Encore for any wedding – you won’t be disappointed!