Encore Events & Entertainment Reviews

84 | Golden, CO

84 Reviews for Encore Events & Entertainment

Dyana · Married on 08/12/2011

Encore Events & Entertainment was by far one of, if not THE best investment that I made on for my wedding day. Jeff was professional and helpful from the start. While we went through the process of getting ready for the wedding Jeff and Encore made the process seamless and stress free. I would strongly recommend them for your wedding, over a year later I am still getting compliments on the "wedding of the year" and I truly attribute that to Jeff and Encore Events.

First the reception. NEVER once was the dance floor empty once it opened after dinner. Aside from my short list of about 5 must plays, I left the music in the hands of Jeff and I am so grateful for that. He played a balanced and well rounded variety of music that kept everyone happy. From my Mom and Aunts to my teenage cousins there wasn't a person in the room that wasn't happy with the music. The microphones and stereo equipment were top quality and never once were there any sound quality issues. Jeff was extremely attentive and SO much more than just a DJ. He checked in on us during dinner to make sure we had everything we needed, and I am not just talking about music. He made sure if we needed a drink to get it, if I needed a message sent to someone at a table he relayed it for me, etc. I could not believe how attentive and incredible this company was. I truly feel that they understand not only how important this day is for us but also how stressful it can be and they went above and beyond my expectations in making sure our day went as planned.

In addition the "night of" I just felt as though Encore was the right choice for the entire process. They were organized, professional and prompt in responding to my questions, concerns and requests. They reminded me of things I had forgotten and made the planning process that much smoother.

I truly think that this company is what made our wedding reception flow so smoothly. I am forever grateful to them for that!

Sent on 12/23/2012

Jeff was our DJ for our wedding in April and he was fantastic. We planned the wedding from NYC, so it was a bit hectic to coordinate from afar, but Jeff's online portal made things so simple.
    Jeff is a pro in every way--he already knew our venue, having worked there before, and so I didn't have to lift a finger to help him figure out setup, timing, or anything. He worked seamlessly with our day-of planner. His team really listens to what you say--I had said no country music, and when my dad (footing the bill!) asked for a country song, Jeff's assistant found me to make sure it was ok. They played the perfect music to keep our friends and family dancing all night long. He must have some sort of age calculator he plugs you into to find all the songs that'll make you nostalgic for high school, college, etc. (but just a few songs, then it was back to new favorites).
    The only reason this is a 4.9 instead of a 5 is that there were a few moments of no music / dead air right after an announcement. Like after my groom and I were introduced, there was a beat of silence before another song started playing. If this sounds like a quibble, maybe it is, but I did notice it.
    I recommend Jeff to everyone getting married in the area. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/08/2015

Jeff did an amazing job djing our wedding in Vail this past September. He met with us multiple times to go over our timeline and make sure we had exactly what we wanted. Every time I heard a new song and I wanted to change something he was very flexible and understanding. We had SOOO many compliments on how awesome our wedding was, and it was a huge part to Jeff...I will definelty reccommend him!

Harmony

Sent on 10/03/2014

Elyse · Married on 11/09/2013

Jeff came HIGHLY recommended to me by one of my closest friends (who really did her research before selecting him, I might add), and I'm so thankful she introduced us. Jeff met with my now-husband (woo hoo!) and I several times over the 8 months of our engagement: From taking the time to introduce us to his super easy-to-use software, which made song selection and theme planning a breeze, to even helping us find our day-of coordinator, Jeff was a joy to work with.

Jeff knows weddings and is totally comfortable giving you advice and being creative without forcing your hand. I had big reservations about having super interactive group songs, because they can so often make things cheesy. Jeff encouraged me to keep an open mind about that, and as soon as I saw him in action, my mind was indeed totally changed. We immediately asked him to engage with the crowd as much as possible, and I wouldn't have trusted anyone else to do it right.

In a wedding market that is so often overpriced and inconsistent, Jeff is a smart, reliable, FUN and trustworthy businessman who I'd recommend to anyone.

Sent on 11/18/2013

Jeff with Encore Events did a wonderful job! Jeff worked with us to help us stay within budget. Him and his team are nothing but professional and on top of things! As expected at a wedding, things didn't necessarily go according to plan, but Jeff went with the flow and was completely flexible and accommodating. The uplighting that his team brought really made the reception space pop and the dance floor was rockin the whole night. Everyone had a blast! We definitely recommend Jeff and his team to everyone!

Sent on 01/13/2016

Amazing time!!!! We were able to briefly discuss our music ideas with Jeff, he executed the evening perfectly. We knew that our reception would have a good amount of country love songs, but wanted the transition into a party atmosphere. Jeff did so seamlessly. He played a song or two, could sense that they were not well received, and flowed into something else. Everyone had a blast. He knows his trade very well!!

Sent on 02/12/2015

Sarah · Married on 07/08/2017

3.5

Jeff was the BEST DJ. Throughout the night he came up to me, the bride, and asked if I needed anything and to make sure everything was good. People of all ages also came up to me throughout the night and the next day raving about how good the DJ was! Jeff even helped me choose some songs leading up to the wedding when I was unable to make a decision and his choice were always perfect! He definitely knows how to read a crowd and get people on the dance floor. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Nicki B. · Married on 12/31/2020

1.0

No response, a complete lack of respect.

I was very excited for Jeff to DJ my upcoming wedding in December 2020! I booked him well in advance, as I knew DJ's book up quick and I wanted to ensure I had a great DJ. When the pandemic hit I was worried about having my DJ count as a guest; and I knew that dancing was not permitted in Denver county... SO I reached out to Jeff and explained where i was coming from. Jeff explained that he was not doing any sort of refund, and I could always reschedule.... For me rescheduling my wedding was not an option and for me to forfeit the deposit was also not ideal. I decided to move forward and have Jeff DJ.

At 50+- days out from the wedding the restrictions were tightened even more, and we decided we had to cancel the DJ; as all our plans were changing. All our vendors, and our venue were amazing, flexible and so great to work with... but unfortunately Jeff was not! I have called, emailed, texted, and Facebooked; no response!

I understand times are hard for businesses, they are hard for me too. I understand that not all businesses can do refunds and they need to stay afloat, but being ignored, and keeping peoples deposits for services that can not be completed is absurd. One day things will be normal again, and dancing at weddings will continue; but it is interactions like this that can cause a business to not recover from this pandemic. I hope you will consider this review when booking Jeff/Encore Entertainment.

Sent on 11/21/2020
  • User4120773 · 2+ years ago

1.0

We used Total Encore DJ for our wedding reception in October 2015. Long story short, we were unhappy with their services and would not recommend them.

Overall, it seemed like communication between the owner and the DJ/emcee didn't ever take place, as information provided to one didn't make its way to the other. Prior to the wedding, our check for final payment was mailed well before the due date, but was lost because the company's address changed and we were never updated, either by email, phone, or an updated address on the company's website. The owner paid for our fees to cancel the check and pay by credit card, so I have to say that I appreciate him doing the right thing.

On the day of the wedding, our DJ/emcee didn't even know how to pronounce the groom's last name, and had to ask some of our guests. Luckily our friends decided not to be pranksters. They let the fathers give their speeches before champagne was poured, so there was nothing to toast with. They played the cake cutting song during our entrance, so we asked them to transpose the songs so they didn't play the same one during our actual cake cutting. They played the entirely wrong genre of music during dinner. We asked for a Frank Sinatra type of vibe during dinner, and they were playing pop songs from the 80's. During the dancing portion, they played the same song more than once, and played a song a guest requested that was on our do not play list.

Most upsetting of all, they played the wrong version of our first dance song, that we had taken dance lessons for and had choreographed down to the second. We had taken weekly dance lessons for about 9 months prior to the wedding, and this was stressed to the owner during the planning session, and to the DJ on the day of the wedding. The DJ played the opening of the song for me ahead of time, which sounded correct, but was a minute shorter compared to the original version we had choreographed.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Encore Events & Entertainment's reply:

My name is Jeff Fernandez and I am the owner/operator of Encore Events & Entertainment. First & foremost, I am truly apologetic that our staff did not provide the quality of service/product that we are CONSISTENTLY known for. In the days after the event, we felt based on feedback from the client & guests, that we had met the expectation. I only hope that you would have brought this to our attention sooner so we could have rectified these mistakes. I have taken immediate action with the team that was at the event. After retracing our steps, comparing notes, and analyzing what errors were made, we can only apologize profusely for what transpired. Encore Events & Entertainment has a very high reputation / standard (look at all 59 of our 5-star positive reviews) for the events it produces, and we will always have that commitment to excellence. We just wish that we had the opportunity to address this with you (Mr. & Mrs Witte) right away. We make no excuses for what had transpired, and are still willing to rectify the situation. Our sincerest apologies.