Encore Baking Company Reviews

23 | Saint Louis, MO

23 Reviews for Encore Baking Company

• Robyn

Robyn · Married on 06/30/2018

We loved our wedding cake from Encore! Francie is just the sweetest person, and really cares about her clients. We met her for a tasting (on the recommendation of many friends), and had a great time discussing our vision for the cake. Her cake is delicious, and her artistry is amazing! The sugar flowers she creates are absolutely stunning. We wanted a bit of a non-traditional design, and Francie was happy to work with us to create the cake we were envisioning. We got so many compliments from our guests on both the taste and presentation of the cake. Our cake was included in our catering package from our venue (Saint Louis Zoo), so I’m not sure what the cost would be ordering separately. We paid a slight up-charge for the addition of the sugar flowers to our cake, and that was very reasonable. We can’t wait to order another cake from Encore in the future!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Kelsie · Married on 06/10/2017

Amazing, best cake and so beautiful!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Ashley · Married on 06/03/2017

Our wedding reception guests loved our cake from Encore. We had almond cake with raspberry filling which was very moist and tasty!

Sent on 06/07/2017

Our cake was gorgeous! And delicious! We got lots of compliments ! Highly recommend Encore Baking! Francie is a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Steph · Married on 09/17/2016

I highly recommend Encore Baking Company to anyone looking for an amazing wedding cake! Francie was so great to work with. She met with us to find out what we were looking for in a wedding cake and offered her suggestions based on what we shared with her. She drew us some cake designs, which I thought was incredibly kind of her to do. She definitely exceeded our expectations... and we hadn't even gotten the cake yet! Our wedding cake was incredible. The flavors were great, and the design was beautiful. Thank you, Francie!

Sent on 10/28/2016

If you truly want the best cake that you will ever taste and the most fabulous decorating available, you have to use Encore Baking Co. After spending days sampling various cakes at lots of bakeries, hands down this was the BEST cake ever. I can truly attest that Francie Valenta is the most talented in the business. Her cakes are visually breathtaking and equally as delicious. The custom made fillings are extremely perfect. Her skill in creating flowers and other designs are like none that I have ever seen before. The joy of working with such a pleasant person was an added bonus. Perfection!!!!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Amy · Married on 05/02/2014

Encore baking is the best place to go for a wedding cake in St. Louis. Francie made a cake that was so unique and beautiful, just to fit the theme of my wedding. When we had our meeting, she was genuinely interested in my ideas, and put in extra effort to make a cake as I envisioned. Oh, and it was DELICIOUS. I picked the white almond cake with lemon, apricot, and raspberry filling - so good.

Sent on 06/17/2014

The cake was great! I also got a grooms cake which was a St. Louis Blues hockey puck. Everyone loved it at the rehearsal dinner. We had plenty of leftovers which were devoured quickly. Our wedding cake was amazing. The flowers looked real and we got many compliments on not only the appearance of the cake but the taste as well. We hope to get an anniversary cake done next year (and hopefully many to come!)

Sent on 10/21/2013

Kara · Married on 09/03/2011

We were given three options of wedding cake vendors as it was included in the price of the reception. We choose Encore because of the cake testing. The icing and fillings were amazing as was the cake. After deciding on cake, I sent Encore pictures of what I was imaging for the design. They were able to recreate the cake I had dreamed of. Plus, everyone loved how it tasted at the reception. I would recommend Encore to all of my friends.

Sent on 09/20/2011

Julie · Married on 05/22/2010

Encore Baking Co is definitely the best in St. Louis! The owner Francie Valenta is so wonderful and very, very talented! The almond buttercream icing is to die for! Everyone at my wedding commented on how delicious the cake was and may even said it was the best wedding cake they ever had. On top of all of that, it was gorgeous!

Sent on 08/17/2010

Colleen · Married on 03/06/2010

Francie at Encore is very creative and a wonderful baker. Our cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious. Her almond cake that she does for wedding sis the best cake I ever tried and she makes wonderful fruit fillings, but we didn't use them since the cake itself was so good. Also her buttercream is to die for! She makes incredible sugar flowers and her cakes look like the ones you see in the wedding cake shows on tv. Definitely recommend this vendor!!

Sent on 03/23/2010

Ashley · Married on 09/15/2007

The best cake I have ever had!!! So many people commented and asked what place I got my cake from. So far all my sisters have used sweet encores, I was the fourth bride in my family! They did not even have my cake design on file I brought in a picture from a magazine and they surpassed all my expectations! I actually saw some of my guest sneak pieces off other tables LOL.

Sent on 05/25/2008

Sarah · Married on 05/28/2005

I swear our cake was the best cake that we have ever tasted!! It was beautiful to boot!! I wanted a very colorful and unique cake and the bakers at Sweet Encore worked with me to create the cake that I wanted. It took my breath away when I saw it!! (It photographed very well too)!! Yum!!

Sent on 04/15/2008

Maura · Married on 11/21/2015

Francie was a joy to work with. She is a very talented baker with delicious cake. All of her fillings are delicious, it was difficult to make a decision. She took a lot of time helping us fine tune our cake design and gave a lot of suggestions. The cake looked fantastic the night of the reception, everything we hoped it would look like. The edible flower arrangement to match our centerpieces, handmade by Francie, were the perfect topper. Check her out today!

Sent on 12/13/2015

Katie · Married on 10/08/2011

Seriously the best cake ever. I've recommended Francy to so many friends and was excited to use her for our wedding cake. It was, in fact, the only thing my now husband REALLY wanted. Delish and totally worth the little extra.

Sent on 11/11/2011

Susan · Married on 08/14/2010

Without a doubt, Encore provides the best tasting wedding cake to be found, but they don't stop there!!! The icing is yummy, never greasy, and the design and decoration of their cakes is unbelievable!!! Check out some of their designs....you won't believe some of the things Francie can create!!! Yummmm

Sent on 08/21/2010
  • Kerry

Kerry · Married on 04/27/2019

Most Delicious Cake!

We LOVED working with Encore!! Francie was so nice and wonderful to work with. She is a complete professional, and her talent is unmatched. I gave her a few ideas of what I wanted, and she went above and beyond! The taste of the cake was more important to me than the decor, and we were so happy with how delicious everything was; it was the best buttercream I have ever tasted, and I used to work at a bakery! Encore is by far much better than some of the other bakeries in St. Louis. You NEED to schedule a tasting with them!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Jaime · Married on 06/04/2016

Our cake was gorgeous and tasty! Francie Valenta provided a top notch product without any hassle whatsoever. We arrived to the reception and it was at the center of our dance floor. Our wedding photos show how surprised we were when we saw and tasted it for the first time! We ordered a 4 tier white almond cake with chocolate and vanilla cream filling. It was excellent value for an excellent price. Thank you Encore Baking Company!

Sent on 07/02/2016

Amber · Married on 10/09/2010

Francie was great to work with. Her cakes look and taste fantastic. She doesn't use fondant (we don't like the taste of it) but her cakes still have the smooth fondant look on the outside. Her sugar flower work is outstanding and looks real. We got a sketch of our cake after our consultation so we were able to envision how it would look, but it looked even better on our wedding day.

Reaching her via email was sometimes a little slow, but there wasn't anything we had a rush on for our cake, and if we did we could have called her. She was extremely accomodating on design changes. She is a partner with the Zoo, so our cake was included in the package and we only had to pay a small upcharge for all the design work. Her cakes are some of the best that we tasted and the chocolate cake is especially moist and delicious (and I don't even like chocolate!) I would highly recommend Encore!

Sent on 10/18/2010

Lauren · Married on 07/17/2010

Francie with Encore Baking Company is wonderful.... we tasted cakes at 5 different bakeries in St Louis and Francie and Encore stood out from the rest. Her cakes are not only beautiful but absolutely delicious, so moist and yummy, which is not always true of wedding cake. She is so kind and was so easy and fun to work with too. I had a picture of a cake I really loved and she helped me to tailor it to be exactly what I wanted and executed an amazing cake. You know the cake is delicious when there isn't any left at the end of the night (also not always true of wedding cake) and at the end of our reception, there were 4 pieces left, which we took home to eat on Sunday! She was wonderful and I highly recommend Encore.

Sent on 08/05/2010

Lisa · Married on 06/29/2019

Beautiful and Delicious Wedding Cake

Francie is a wonderful baker and artist. She truly wowed us with her cake design, replicated after my bouquet. Additionally her cake was delicious and several guests asked where it was purchased from! I would definitely recommend her for a wedding cake!

Sent on 07/03/2019

Kelly · Married on 09/07/2019

Delicate and beautiful cake

Francie is an expert baker and a wonderful artist. I ADORED my wedding cake. It will always be the most beautiful cake I will ever experience.

Sent on 11/13/2019

Mallory · Married on 05/27/2012

3.0

We worked with her through the St. Louis Zoo (who paid for the cake in conjunction with our catering with them). She did not charge us for any additional decorating that we decided upon. The cake she made was gorgeous. Her flower creations were made from sugar but looked remarkably lifelike. We sent her swatches of our wedding colors and she was able to match them. We got to design a custom cake and she took our vision and ran with it. She also coordinated well with our venue and we didn't have to worry about delivery or set up at all. She also provided a bonus sheet cake to ensure we had enough cake to go around... which means we had lots of delicious leftovers.

Our cake was beautiful.

The one downfall, was that she was slow to respond to email and phone calls, but was professional in response. Regardless, we would highly recommend her as her quality and service was phenomenal.

Sent on 07/14/2012