Emily Wren Photography Reviews

Emily Wren Photography 6
Emily Wren Photography 7
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 06/22/2019

Stop looking and book Emily!

Emily is an incredibly talented photographer (her photos speak for themselves). But she is also extremely kind, honest, easy going, and fun! She just sent us our sneak peak wedding photos and I spend every spare second I have looking at them. On a hot August day in the middle of Philadelphia with a huge bridal party and a lot of family members, Emily and Nick made taking photos effortless and fun. Nick had the flower girl and ring bearer laughing even when they were on the edge of major melt downs. Emily and Nick are professional, patient, and make you feel comfortable in front of the camera. Not to mention, Emily was standing on chairs and on the ground getting all the right angles. She even herded people in for photos and helped to carry my train across the city...all while pregnant - she is a champ!! Having Emily's expertise there definitely made the day run smoother. I cannot say enough nice thanks about Emily, her team, and their photos. We are so excited to see the final roll, but we know they are going to be EPIC! We plan to use Emily for all of our future photography needs.

Sent on 09/18/2019
    Emily Wren Photography 8
    Emily Wren Photography 9
    Emily Wren Photography 10

Tamar Wolinsky · Married on 06/09/2019

The most beautiful wedding photos

Emily's reputation precedes her and it's all true! First of all, she is incredibly talented. The light, airy quality of her photos is truly MAGIC! To me, the photographer was the most important investment on our wedding day and I scoured websites and blogs for many weeks to find the perfect photographer and without a doubt, Emily was it! Besides that, Emily was very kind and easy to work with, she had to deal with a large wedding party which I know was not easy! She also had an awesome second shooter (Nick) that we loved! Thank you Emily for everything, we will treasure these photos forever!

Sent on 08/27/2019

Carolyn · Married on 05/26/2019

Best wedding photographer in Philly!

Emily is unbelievably professional, prompt, responsive, easy and lovely to work with, and so talented. She made us feel and look natural in engagement and wedding portraits, and her judgement in selecting photo locations and poses was always spot on. She and her second shooter Nick were both unobtrusive yet fun, highly professional and attentive, and captured our day perfectly. We were thrilled to get our photos super quickly after the wedding, and we couldn't love them more. Emily also led us to many of our other amazing vendors. Emily is hands down amazing - Philly's best wedding photographer!

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Heather

Heather Kaczynski · Married on 04/26/2019

Great to work with!

Emily was amazing to work with! Leading up to the wedding she was easily reachable and always prompt to reply. Emily was very thorough to ensure she had all the information she needed ahead of time to make the wedding day run smoothly. When is came to our wedding day Emily were great! We are so happy she was part of our special day to capture every special moment, she made us and our guest feel so comfortable in front of the camera. Getting our photos back (so quickly!) was the best day ever! They are AMAZING! Every shot is so beautiful we could not love them anymore. It’s impossible to pick our favorites!

Sent on 06/12/2019
    Emily Wren Photography 11
    Emily Wren Photography 12
    Emily Wren Photography 13
    Emily Wren Photography 14
    Emily Wren Photography 15

Gina · Married on 12/29/2018

The best of the best!

Emily was absolutely fantastic!! She shot our engagement photos and wedding photos. I can not recommend her highly enough. She is super responsive over email and easy to communicate with. She’s also flexible, and was very accommodating when we changed our mind about some details during the planning process. All our photos were sent to us in a timely fashion. Most importantly, her work is STUNNING! We were thrilled with the photos she took - it was difficult picking our favorites to print. The added bonus is that a Emily (and her second shooter Nick) are fun and laid back people that make you feel completely at ease from the moment you meet them. Our wedding guests actually came up to us during the night to say repeatedly how great the photographers were!

A great photographer is one of the most important investments you can make in your wedding, and couldn’t be happier that Emily documented our big day. She’s the best out there!!

Sent on 05/17/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 11/10/2018

Loved our decision to work with Emily!

We got married on 11/10/2018 and had an absolutely wonderful experience working with Emily Wren for our wedding photography!
    Working with Emily in the planning stages was a stress-free and easy experience - she was responsive to our emails and questions, offered recommendations on details we were unsure about, and was very organized in the lead-up to the big day, which allowed our experience on wedding day to go very smoothly.
    We were planning a Philadelphia wedding from NYC, and after our planned Philadelphia engagement photo shoot was rained out, Emily graciously offered to waive her travel fee and move our shoot to NYC.
    The photos Emily (with Ryan joining her at our wedding) took were stunning, and we are so excited to begin our album design process with her. She made sure to capture every detail we had discussed beforehand on the big day, did a great job wrangling the wedding party, and ensured that we got all the shots we had discussed beforehand.
    Could not recommend Emily more highly!

Sent on 12/23/2018

Stephen Young · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing Pictures and easy to work with

Nothing short of amazing pics and professionalism. Made things so easy it turned out superb

Sent on 05/19/2019

Kirstyn · Married on 09/15/2018

Beautiful Photos and Easy to work with!

Cannot say enough good things about Emily from her professionalism and attentiveness leading up to and on the wedding day to the actual photos and album we received very quickly after the wedding. I would give 100 stars if I could.
    Her photos are so beautiful and natural and truly captured the essence of us as a couple and our day. She was incredible easy to work with — answered emails quickly, had a Google Sheet to make sure we captured every shot, even sent a cute welcome gift when we booked with her. Emily is also incredibly well connected in the Philadelphia wedding community and went above and beyond to give me some vendor recommendations when a hair stylist cancelled on us last minute. I can’t recommend Emily and her work enough!

Sent on 05/15/2019

Kate Schoell · Married on 09/08/2018

Photos that last a lifetime

Emily Wren is the most amazing photographer. Photography was important to us for our wedding day and Emily did not disappoint. Her professionalism and talent was amazing. Everyone in our bridal party couldn't stop talking about her for weeks! She captured our love and passion so magically that now we have the best momento ever to relive our special day! Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/30/2019
    Emily Wren Photography 16
    Emily Wren Photography 17
    Emily Wren Photography 18

Ashley · Married on 08/25/2018

Surpassed expectations!!

My husband and I got married just over a year ago and one question we always get asked is if we still go back and look through our wedding photos. The answer is ABSOLUTELY YES, all the time! And I can truly say it is because we had the most amazing photographers capture our Wedding day, Emily Wren and her entire team!

As a bride and groom you'll realize your wedding day goes by in the blink of an eye and because of all the excitement you may not stop to take all the mental pictures you originally planned to. Which is why it is so important to find the best photographer who understands your style, theme, and of course you (both as a couple and individually). I will adamantly say one of the very first and BEST decisions we made when planning our wedding was locking in Emily Wren to for this special time in our lives. Emily and her team were able to capture every last detail of our wedding in the most stunning way possible and each photo tells a different story of that day. Looking through the photos allows us to relive our wedding day over and over again, even the special moments we unintentionally missed.

We of course cannot leave out the first time we met Emily at the engagement session. At the start we weren't very comfortable being photographed, but Emily quickly figured us out and made the atmosphere so fun for us that we easily relaxed. She was able to capture us in a way that made it seem like we'd been modeling for years, without losing our personalities in each and every photo. I think it goes without saying an engagement session is a must, you'll get a beautiful set of photos, plus it gives you a chance to practice being in front of a camera, and gives both you and Emily a chance to get to know each other.

And now we'll end with this.. Book Emily Wren, book her now! You 100% will NOT regret it, we certainly don't!

Sent on 09/20/2019

Sara Michener · Married on 08/11/2018

There was no other option!

I knew we needed to have Emily (+ Gregg!). My husband and I even selected our wedding date based on their availability to travel to Maine with us. The day before our wedding we decided to do a pre-wedding photo session. I got in my dress, my husband in his suit and we met Emily + Gregg on a mountain side in the dark. We used flashlights to scale the rocks, get in to place, and then they captured our first look as the sun was rising. The photos could not be more breathtaking! Our wedding day was so effortless (at least for me) Emily made me feel so comfortable and captured every moment. Besides your partner you are with your photographer + videographer the whole day, you want them to be people you like, trust, and have fun with! Emily + Gregg could not have been a better fit. They were one of the best parts of the whole weekend, we felt so comfortable just knowing they were there - getting every moment. And it was so much fun! Just felt like hanging out with friends. Our photos are perfection!

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Emily Wren Photography 19
    Emily Wren Photography 20
    Emily Wren Photography 21
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 07/21/2018

I could not possibly write a review that would encapsulate how happy we are that we worked with Emily for our wedding photography. Her associates Gabby and Nick were our photographers for our day, and were such a pleasure to work with! From our first few meetings with Emily and Gabby, to our engagement shoot with Gabby last fall, to our wedding day, and finally receiving the many wonderful photos from that day, we have been consistently happy with our experience. The candid shots capture the pure joy we felt on our wedding day, and each posed shot is perfectly framed, with all photos wonderfully edited. I have been looking through the photos for nearly a month now, and am still finding it hard to narrow down the ones we want to print and use in our wedding album. Throughout the entire process, the communication and planning process was seamless and easy. You will not be disappointed in working with Emily and her team--they were easily my favorite set of vendors we worked with in planning our wedding! Highly recommend, and hope to work with them again in the future.

Megan & Miles, 07.21.18

Sent on 09/03/2018

Samantha · Married on 06/16/2018

Emily and Ryan photographed our wedding in June and no review I write will give them justice. They were extremely professional, organized, punctual, great with children and captured everything we asked for as well as more. The photos were delivered earlier than she indicated and they were absolutely incredible. We also made our own wedding and parent album using her site which was so simple and they turned out amazing!

Sent on 08/27/2018
    Emily Wren Photography 22
    Emily Wren Photography 23
    Emily Wren Photography 24
    Emily Wren Photography 25

caitlin · Married on 06/01/2018

Emily Wren is by far one of the best wedding photographers I have ever come across (and I did a lot of research!).
    Emily was incredibly easy to work with. She was very responsive, attentive and truly a professional. We had a few phone calls with her to discuss timeline, where we wanted photos, what we wanted her to focus on capturing etc. Her photography style is so romantic and beautiful , she captured so many great candid moments, stunning photos of the decor and scenery, and her photography style complimented our wedding aesthetic perfectly . My husband and I were BLOWN away by our wedding photos. All the photos truly surpassed our expectations and you couldn't tell in any photo that we were sweating in 90 degree heat and humidity :). Emily even sent us a handful of photos that day after the wedding so we had a tiny preview of photos to come which was a nice treat before our honeymoon. The day of our wedding, Emily also had her associate Nick capturing our wedding. Emily and Nick make a great them and they compliment each other very well. Nick was very funny and kept everyone smiling in the heat with jokes and compliments. It was great working with both Nick and Emily for our wedding. What really speaks volumes about Emily and her work is the amount of compliments we received from our wedding guests. Emily and Nick were never 'in the way' or in the background of any shot, they approached our guests and got so many great photos at cocktail hour, and once we received our wedding photos and sent the weblink to family and friends, we received so many sweet messages about how amazingly beautiful our wedding photos are. We feel like we can truly re-live our wedding day in every detail through all of

Sent on 09/07/2018
    Emily Wren Photography 26
    Emily Wren Photography 27
    Emily Wren Photography 28
    Emily Wren Photography 29
    Emily Wren Photography 30
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 05/19/2018

Emily and her team were an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the entire wedding planning process. From the beginning, I felt like I was in really good hands working with Emily - she is professional, talented, knowledgable, calm, and confident. Emily never forgot to respond to an email nor did she miss a scheduled call. The week before the wedding, Emily sent an email just making sure all of the details were in order. I really can't say enough great things about her!

On our actual wedding day, Emily and her assistant Kelly were incredible. They showed up on time and prepared, and they worked so hard to get every shot we wanted. They made everyone feel relaxed and comfortable the entire time. We caught the most beautiful day, and the energy was so great. I knew the photos would be amazing and I was so excited to receive them.

Our wedding photos are so very beautiful!! Emily and Kelly captured such a wonderful mix of raw emotion and love. We are so grateful for their talent and dedication, and we would highly recommend hiring Emily Wren to anyone who asks.

Sent on 03/13/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/04/2018

There were so many wonderful things about having Emily as our wedding photographer, I barely know where to start. The artistry of her work is exquisite, her photos are luminous and truly captured the spirit of our day with the perfect mix of portraiture and spontaneity. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I’ll let her images speak for themselves. In addition to incredible artistic talent, Emily also wields organizational expertise that made our wedding planning process much more simple. We spoke several times by phone about the logistics and timeline of the day, and we had everything lined up (and I mean everything to do with the photography - shot lists, itinerary for the day, park permits - everything) months before our wedding date. Emily also surrounds herself with other amazingly talented individuals. Her second shooter, Nick, kept the groomsmen laughing during getting-ready shots and his light-hearted, fun approach was a hit with all of the guests. In sum, Emily is exactly who you want behind the lens on your wedding day: kind, prompt, talented, the whole package!

Sent on 05/30/2018

David · Married on 04/21/2018

We chose Emily to be our wedding photographer after a long and difficult selection process. We had heard from everyone that if you’re going to put effort into anything at your wedding, let it be your photographer, since that’ll be all you have to remember it by (other than your memories) for years to come. You never know if you made the right decision with wedding vendors - after all, it is a gamble - but Emily was 100% the right decision. We were initially concerned about our photographer being able to capture our venue in the way that we thought it was beautiful. We had seen photos of our venue from other photographers and didn’t love what we saw. When we saw Emily’s photos, we were amazed at how well she was able to capture the elegance and charm of our venue. And let us tell you what an incredible job she did after seeing our photos! Emily and Nick are a dynamic duo that love what they do and excel at it. They captured everything on our wedding day and did it with such grace and skill. Aside from our photos, which are amazing, Nick was such a fun assistant to have for the day. We could go on and on about all the things we loved, but the bottom line is this - there is a reason Emily Wren is so highly reviewed and a reason why she’s won so many awards and acknowledgements - she’s amazing at what she does because she loves what she does, and you can’t find a better photographer in the region. Save yourself the time and trouble and just book her now. You won’t regret it!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Maggie · Married on 03/31/2018

If you are reading this review and considering Emily Wren to be your wedding photographer, I’d suggest reaching out to her RIGHT AWAY! The very best thing we did while planning our wedding was choose Emily to capture our wedding. We feel SO lucky we found her, and that she was available for our wedding. She’s incredible. So unbelievably talented, professional, and so calm under pressure! I didn’t think about how important it is to feel completely comfortable around your wedding photographer until it was the day of. And Emily and her assistant Nick are an absolute pleasure to be around. My husband, our families, our guests and I all fell in love with them and didn’t want them to leave!! Emily sent us a few sneak peek photos a few days after our wedding and they were so beautiful I started crying. They’re soft, romantic and perfect. Everything we dreamed of and more. Thank you, Emily and Nick! We love you!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Katharine · Married on 03/24/2018

We just got our wedding pictures back from Emily and we couldn't be happier! I was nervous about hiring a photographer since my husband and I tend to be awkward while being photographed and we wanted to find someone who could capture the grandeur of our venue (PAFA) while still making sure that our family and friends have great pictures of themselves that they can keep. The result was literally perfect - the pictures really captured the beautiful space while also making us look beautiful! As we looked through our pictures we realized that Emily had been there to capture so many moments when we hadn't even realized she was there. She came early and stayed late to make sure she got all the moments, she was fun and lovely to be around, and we had a great time with her. She also seamlessly handled some less-than-lovely people we encountered in areas outside our venue where we wanted to get pictures. I can't stop looking at our pictures!

Sent on 05/03/2018

Joanna · Married on 03/16/2018

Wedding 3/17/18: My husband and I worked with Emily and one of her fellow photographers, Nick, for our wedding day. Emily was incredibly professional and organized leading up to our wedding, which was very helpful. She helped us plan the timing of the day, and gave us great insights about where to do our photos and how to prepare. On the day of, she and Nick were so pleasant and easy and to work with. It really felt like having additional friends around for the day! Their attention to detail, attitude, and creativity were extremely appreciated. We give our highest recommendation for Emily and her staff for any future event!

Sent on 03/20/2018

Kate · Married on 03/10/2018

We were super pleased with our experience working with Emily. Not only does she have a great eye, but she has a calming demeanor that kept us at ease all day. Emily brought along her associate, Nick, who fit right in with the group, our guests were smitten with him. We had a great time with with them both all day and didn't want them to leave at the end of the night! We also utilized the Little Picture Photo Booth which our guests enjoyed as well. My husband and I, along with both of our families are incredibly happy with results of their hard work. Can't recommend Emily Wren Photography enough!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Alli · Married on 03/01/2018

If you are reading this review, you probably already know how incredibly gorgeous Emily's photos are. I am obsessed with the light, ethereal and romantic quality her photos have. Emily and Nick trekked around Philadelphia with us on our wedding day in the middle of an unexpected snowstorm, braving bad weather, traffic jams, and power outages. While the conditions were enough to stress me and my husband out, Emily and Nick were able to roll with the punches, think creatively and keep us smiling, and produced perfect photos that we are thrilled with.

I have already recommended Emily to several of my friends who are engaged. My advice is to contact her now because she is wonderful to work with and books up fast!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Danielle · Married on 12/15/2017

My husband and I could not have been happier than we were with Emily and Nick. They made us feel so comfortable on our wedding day; they were always present and never intrusive. Everyone was able to enjoy themselves and we got some amazing candid photos. Emily was able to capture a natural atmosphere throughout the day and night. We had a surprise snow storm which made for the most gorgeous photos we could have imagined and Emily and Nick took it in stride and also captured our photos quickly so we weren't outside freezing too long! As a family (my parents, brother and sister-in-law), we've already decided that we are using Emily again for family portraits and maternity photos (when the time comes!). We all loved her and were so happy with the entire process from beginning to end. We cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 02/15/2018

Corey · Married on 11/05/2017

Working with Emily (and her 2nd shooter Nick!) was one of the best decisions we made. Not only is she a professional in every aspect but her enthusiasm for her work is infectious. I've worked in the wedding industry for close to 10 years and I have never found a more talented or personable photographer in the industry. Thank you to Emily and her team for capturing our special day above and beyond our expectations!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Liz · Married on 11/04/2017

If you are still looking for a wedding photographer /videographer/photo booth - email Emily Wren right now! We found Emily online and are so happy we were able to book her for our wedding in November! Our planning process began about a year ago when my husband reached out to Emily. His report back to me was “she is so nice and friendly”. We looked and her work and knew that we wanted her to capture our wedding. We decided to have photography, videography, and the Little Picture Booth - we are SO happy we did!!! Our guests loved the photo booth and loved that photos were emailed and printed. Emily is so organized and on top of everything. She responds to emails promptly (within one day). She coordinates scheduled meetings to discuss all aspects of our wedding day and make sure everything is exactly how we want.

On the day of the wedding we worked with Emily, Gregg, Nick, and Ryan - we loved them all! They are the type of people you want to be friends with after the day ends. Everyone showed up on time and was able to capture special moments without feeling intrusive.

Not only are they amazing humans, but the work they produce is breathtaking. We received our sneak peek photos and I CANNOT stop scrolling through them!! They are absolutely beautiful and I cannot wait to see our entire collection. We have gotten so many messages about how beautiful the photos came out!

I could go on and on about all of the wonderful qualities of Emily, Gregg, Nick, and Ryan but you will witness it all first hand once you hire Emily Wren!!

Sent on 11/30/2017