Emily Theisen Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Ashley Married on 01/25/2020

Amazing and so talented!

We LOVED working with Emily! She is so talented! And just awesome to work with. We are both kind of camera shy and she made it feel so easy to be in front of the camera. She worked awesome with our timeframe and our families/bridal party.
  • W
    Whitney R. Married on 09/07/2019

Simple the best!

I found Emily after being referred from another photographer. I was a bride who had no idea what I was doing. Emily walked me through the process and timeline. She gave me honest feedback on making sure I had enough time for family photos. I am so grateful I took her advice as those photos will be cherished for a lifetime. She made me feel confident in my choices and made the process stress free. My husband and I wanted more candied moments and boy did Emily deliver! She captured the moments in between the poses, and it was absolutely us! Emily worked well with all of our family and friends, and fit right in. I may have found Emily by chance, but I will choose her again to capture more of our life moments as they happen.
  • Brooke
    Brooke O. Married on 07/06/2019

Emily made our day absolutely perfect & to this day we’re able to feel all the emotions from the best day!!!

Emily was the best decision we could have made for our wedding!!! She captured every emotion possible from putting on my dress to our first looks to our sunset pictures. To do this day, I still get compliments about our gorgeous photos & because of Emily we’re able to relive the best day of our lives!!!

Emily is accommodating, organized, selfless & willing to do anything to make your day special. Another HUGE plus, she kept our day on schedule & made sure to coordinate with all of our vendors!!!
    Alicia Married on 06/29/2019

5 stars for Emily

Emily did an awesome job with our engagement and wedding photos. She was flexible and adapted to a few last minute issues that we had for the day of. We really appreciated how she found a way to make everything work for us. Also, if you want a photographer who is great at organizing and keeping a huge wedding party and family on schedule, she's your gal! We had very little time to do pics before the ceremony, and that along with a large and rowdy group could have been disastrous for someone who didn't feel confident in what they were doing. Thanks Emily!
  • Shirley
    Shirley E. Married on 06/26/2019

Emily is soooo talented!

Emily is a DREAM!!! She is organized, well prepared and stunning in person. She got my 12 year old nephew to actually smile for a photo. Emily's vibe is spectacular both in prep and execution. She brings the best out in all of us both in our planned photos and capturing the essence of the day. THANKS EMILY!!!
  • Mikayla
    Mikayla Married on 05/31/2019

So amazing! Worth every freaking penny.

I think that we found Emily on here while we were searching for a photographer for our wedding. Emily photographed our engagement session, wedding, and a holiday mini session. Every session was so much fun and laid, and she really made my wife feel comfortable. It was never awkward and we never felt posed. She is very engaging and relaxed, which made it feel like we were all just hanging out. I have recommended Emily to many people and would gladly go to her for any photography needs in the future!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie V. Married on 10/20/2018

the best wedding photographer!

Emily was a dream to work with!
    We were going to go with a different photographer, but when I met Emily, I know that I had to go with her.
    She is helpful from the very start with ideas for engagement photos to helping with talking about good places to go for flowers and DJs. Emily went above and beyond for her craft. She captured the personalities of my husband and I in every photo. All the guests and bridal party have nothing but kind words to say about my photographer.
    If you want someone who will go above and beyond for your wedding, Emily Theisen Photography is the place to go!

Stephanie!!!!

I didn't know you were going with another photog! Now I feel SUPER honored!!! Seriously, you are the kindest couple and I am so honored I had the opportunity to document this beautiful time in your lives. I still get misty eyed looking at the photos of you and your dad dancing. This will be a moment that I will never forget.

Thank you, again, from the bottom of my heart.
    Melanie Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing Wedding Photographer!

Emily Theisen was our photographer for our September wedding. The search for your perfect photographer can be such a daunting task, but I am so incredibly happy I came across Emily Theisen Photography! She was very easy and fun to talk and work with. She was very professional and clearly takes pride in her skills and what she is able to capture as a photographer. Her photos are beautiful and of high quality. She is also very willing to help with bouncing ideas around for your wedding (she has been to plenty to know what is a good idea and what is a not so good idea). I highly recommend Emily to be your wedding photographer (or any other event really)

Oh, Melanie!

You two were an amazing couple to work with! I am so honored to be your photographer and look forward to working with you again! I can't thank you enough for such a heartfelt review! You're awesome!!!

Tish Married on 08/18/2018
    Emily is AMAZING! She is extremely organized and prompt! She made our wedding enjoyable with her fun and upbeat personality! She makes you feel comfortable and has creative ways to capture genuine moments! We had a large wedding party and huge wedding and she was able to coordinate everyone in a respectful way! She hands down is the best photographer and I’m excited to have her take our family photos going forward!

Tish!

THANK YOU • THANK YOU! Your kind words mean so much to me! Your event was full of memorable moments and I am so grateful that our paths crossed so I was there to document everything for you. You and your hilarious hubby have a special place in my heart!!! I can't wait to see what the future holds for you two!

Thanks, again!
    Joe Married on 08/04/2018

Thank you!

Where do we even begin... Emily did a fantastic job for both our engagement photos as well as on our on our wedding day! My wife and I cannot thank her enough for capturing our wedding day and all who were there. She did an amazing job and we would absolutely recommend her to anyone who is in need of someone who is not only professional, but truly enjoys her job and has fun doing it! Thank you again Emily for all that you have done for us. We will certainly be coming back to you in the future to help us capture more moments in our life!

Hey Joe!

Where do I begin? You two are such a lovely couple! I could not have had more fun at your event! L's dad and his rollercoaster of emotions was super memorable! :) I LOVED everything from your first look to your tearjerker first dance! You already know this but the day was filled with thee most genuine people and it was clear that you are both well loved and supported!

I can't thank you enough for allowing me to be part of your special day.

• User2918476 2+ years ago
    Took amazing photos of our engagement without my finance knowing at all!

Emily Theisen Photography's reply:

You two are awesome, and I am so excited to see where the stars lead you!
    - Emily
    Jakki Married on 05/05/2018
    Emily is seriously the BEST! Our wedding photos were AMAZING & turned out better than I could ever have imagined. Thank you SO much!

Jakki!!!

I can't thank you enough for your kind words! I am so thankful we crossed paths and I was able to be part of your day!

I hope you are enjoying married life!!! I can't wait to see what 2019 has in store!

Nikko Married on 10/14/2017
    Emily is it! She is thee photographer!! She does an amazing job! She is super personable, and make great connections with her clients! Our engagement and wedding photos turned out amazing!!! She has such a vision! She also listens to what the couples want, she captures everything we asked for!!! We are so lucky to have picked her!!!! Not only did she photograph she helped run the event!! She is amazing!!

Hi Nikko!

This is LONG overdue but I wanted to send you a quick thank you! I am so appreciative of your kind words and LOVED working with you, Ryan and your families.

I love seeing your social media posts and getting a glimpse of your wedding photos on your walls! I am so glad you have images from your perfect day printed and displayed in your home!!!

Congrats, again!
    Caroline Married on 09/30/2017
    Emily was the best! She was so flexible and accommodating, and made me feel at at ease during planning and on the wedding day- a must have for a busy bride!
    She traveled an hour to our engagement session so we could take pictures at our college where we met and fell in love.
    On our wedding day, she was so easy to work with. The day goes by so fast, but she captured all the details, expressions, and emotions. Our family and friends adored her. I loved that Emily kept everyone on schedule, and always checked in with me to see how I was feeling or if I needed anything.
    We will definitely be recommending Emily to everyone we know for all occasions, and we can't wait to work with her again!
    Julie Married on 07/15/2017
    Emily did a wonderful job at my daughter's wedding. She was very professional, respectful, creative and fun! She was able to take photos that matched the bride and grooms personalities and interests. And, she can even work with those pesky family members who try to take charge :-)
    Kristiana Married on 07/08/2017
    Emily is simply amazing. Not only does she have the biggest heart and she makes you feel like the only bride to ever get married. She is so creative and has an eye for capturing all your sweet moments!
    Mitchell Married on 06/23/2017
    Emily did an amazing job. She vibed well with both sides of the family and helped capture our special day. Great Value.
  • I
    Isabel Married on 01/18/2017
    Emily is great to work with. I have previously worked with her through my friend for my MBA graduation photos. I manage to get her one week before my courthouse wedding and she was very accommodating to my schedule. Even though we only had like a short period of time to get to work on some shots - but everything was great. She gave wonderful suggestions on how to pose. And a lot of my friends back home love the photos. Would definitely recommend working with her.
    Lindsey Married on 10/16/2016
    Go for it! Trust me- you want Emily for your pictures, she's amazing and your pictures will be amazing. It's that simple!

Emily Theisen Photography's reply:

You are so AMAZING! It's that simple!
    xoxo
    Rebecca Married on 09/10/2016
    Emily Theisen is truly a find! We were truly blessed to have her as our wedding photographer.

We knew we wanted a photographer that not only took beautiful photos, but one that could handle the diverse group of personalities that would be part of our wedding. After meeting her we knew that she would be the perfect fit. Her personality is wonderful, and we knew she would not only be able to win everyone over, but also keep them in line if needed, and we were not disappointed.

Working with her was a dream. She responds very quickly to calls, emails and texts, which was very important to us.

Our friends and family all loved her, and have told us repeatedly how much they liked her. We were very lucky to have her as part of our big day.

Here is the other thing – She went above and beyond as a photographer. Her wealth of knowledge was invaluable on our wedding day. She had a lot of great tips and advice, and she literally bustled my dress for me when no one else was able to do it. That is service.

We just received our photos and they are gorgeous. We are so excited to share them with all of our friends and family.

If you are looking for a photographer who takes gorgeous photos, has very competitive pricing, will respond to your questions and requests quickly, that everyone will love working with on your wedding day, and who goes above and beyond Emily is the photographer for you.
    Betsy Event on: 09/08/2016
    Emily was very professional and knew the type of photos I was looking for to use in my job search and on linked in. She gave valuable advice on what to wear, make up tips and how to bring out a genuine smile. She was recommended to me by a friend that had portraits done several years ago. His (more pensive, in sepia and very artful) were a very different type than mine (head shots of a professional, approachable sales person) and she demonstrated great skill in both varieties. I plan to pass her name to people in my circles as I take joy in sharing what and who I find to be the best.
    Erika Married on 06/24/2016
    We were very happy with the pictures that Emily produced for our wedding. She is wonderful to work with and did a great job keeping everyone interested during photos, especially the youngest kids!
  • User2316288 2+ years ago
    Emily is fantastic to work with! She is very professional and responsive and the quality of her photos are outstanding. In addition she is wonderful with family members of all ages (from 8 to 93 in our family). I highly recommend hiring her as the photographer for your event - you won't be disappointed! We love our photos!
  • User2298427 2+ years ago
    We hired Emily to photograph our wedding in May 2015. Emily was wonderful. We are so lucky to have found her. She was reliable and easy to get a hold of. She asked lots of questions about what we wanted and was easy to communicate with. She got wonderful impromptu shots as well as staged photos with family members. (I still can't believe she managed to wrangle my extended family of thirty into a photo where everyone looked good!) She was also great with the details- making sure ties were straight and nobody was holding beers in the staged photos. She got all the special photos we asked for, including mouthwatering photos of the food, and she had some great creative ideas of her own that really captured the feel of the space. She also was upfront about prices and worked with us to find a package that would fit in our budget. In short, a total pro. A pleasure to work with, and we couldn't be happier with our our photos.
  • User2483581 2+ years ago
    Our original photographer backed out on us one week before the event. Emily was more than willing to work with us in a pinch and we were lucky to have found her!