Embassy Suites Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center Reviews

Embassy Suites Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center 6
  • Hannon

Hannon · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing Experience!

We are so happy that we went with the Embassy Suites! We did not have to stress about a single detail for the whole day. They took care of everything! The hotel is absolutely beautiful and the staff was amazing. Laurel was great to work with! Cannot say enough how great our experience was!!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Katie · Married on 09/01/2018

Kate is great!!! We love her! Very sweet, and has great ideas!!!!!

Sent on 03/07/2018

Disa · Married on 11/25/2017

A beautiful hotel with wonderful staff! We had our wedding there Thanksgiving weekend which was a traditional big fat Indian wedding! My husband and I along with our families are so grateful to Kate Hicks, Stacey Dawkins, Dawn Kennedy, and the rest of the team at the hotel who helped us plan our memorable weekend and were so incredibly accommodating to all our needs. We cannot forget all of the amazing staff who helped execute everything throughout the multiple events. Our guests had great things to say about the hotel and enjoyed every moment during the weekend. We would recommend it not only for a stay but even to plan your big event!

Sent on 12/15/2017
    Embassy Suites Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center 7
    Embassy Suites Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center 8
    Embassy Suites Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center 9
    Embassy Suites Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center 10
    Embassy Suites Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center 11
    Embassy Suites Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center 12

Mario · Married on 10/01/2016

Excellent personal service by Christina as we prepared for my Daughter's Wedding. The Wedding reception was fabulous and everyone had a wonderful time.

Sent on 10/05/2016

karen · Married on 07/29/2016

The premises and the staff were awesome !!!! Everyone went over and beyond making our son's wedding beautiful !!!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Marilyn · Married on 05/13/2016

I got married May 13, 2016. I had the most AMAZING experience with the Embassy Suites. Scott, the coordinator, answered all my questions as an exciting bride and calmed my nerves as well. He made both myself and now husband feel welcomed as if were family. Both our families loved the reception decor at the Embassy Suites and had a phenomenal time. They STILL haven't quit talking about it! My heart is filled with such love and joy when I think about our special day. A BIG thank you to the Embassy Suites for making it perfect!!!!!!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Patricia · Married on 06/27/2015

Embassy Suites made my daughter's wedding a family event to remember. Michelle Phillips did a superior job at helping us coordinate this event. I had never planned an event like this before ,however Michelle is so organized and her communication skills so impeccable there was no need to worry.. We all enjoyed a stress free night to remember. The facility was fantastic and the food was incredible. Everyone involved went out of their way to make this night truly magical. Without a doubt our next family function will be at Embassy Suites. As a matter of fact- my family now has a favorite hotel to stay at while traveling- the Embassy Suites!!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Michelle Phillips was a great Event Planner. Her expertise and professionalism went along way in the planning of my special day. She was quick to follow up with any of my questions and concerns and help resolve any problems immediately. Thanks Michelle for making my Wedding Day a success!

Sent on 05/19/2015

Julie · Married on 04/18/2015

As a Wedding Coordinator, myself, it is with great enthusiasm to relay that Michelle Phillips is an excellent Sales Manager and Event Coordinator. Her decision making process and flexibility to help us move an outdoor wedding indoors (due to bad weather) helped our Bride and Groom's special day become a reality! I am extremely pleased with ALL services provided by the Embassy Suites. The ENTIRE staff was very friendly, helpful and most of all accommodating. It is such a pleasure to work with an organization whose employees really seem to "love their job!" I would definitely recommend Embassy Suites for your next wedding or conference.

Sent on 04/29/2015

Judy · Married on 04/30/2016

If you want to relax and enjoy your reception let Scott and the staff at the Embassy Suites take care of your event.

Sent on 08/26/2016

Tonya · Married on 05/30/2015

3.5

The event planner was there every step of the way you really had no worries. Everything they said that was going to do was done. And if one person tell you something that they would do but at the end of the day it wasn't part of it.They still honor it.

Sent on 06/16/2015

Marisa · Married on 04/25/2015

I was excited to book my outdoor wedding at Embassy Suites since they have the beautiful lawn and terrace, but in case of rain, things could always be moved indoors. It turns out it was good we thought ahead about the rain plan as there was a 100% forecast of rain for the day of my wedding, and we did end up having to move things. Other venues we looked at would have made us pay for an expensive tent rental. Embassy Suites did everything they could to make our big day as perfect as possible even with the last minute changes. Their staff did a great job setting everything up and being on call to get us anything we needed on the day of. We were also glad they do all of the food in house, unlike other venues where you need to hire a caterer. That made one less thing we had to deal with, and the food is actually quite good, too. The only thing I would warn other brides about is that they have a lot of turnover in the Event Sales Manager position (the person in charge of your wedding). When we signed on, it was a woman who had over 10 years experience in wedding planning and was extremely organized. She was one of the big reasons we chose Embassy Suites, and we were very comfortable with her. Unfortunately she left few months later, and the replacement person they hired just a few months before our big day was very nice and was trying her very best, but in my opinion, could have used more training. At times, it took longer than we hoped to get answers because she kept having to check with other people or departments. I also know someone else who got married here a few years before us, and she had a totally different Event Sales Manager. So be aware that the person you are dealing with could and may change before your wedding. There were a few bumps in the road, but all in all, Embassy Suites is a beautiful venue, and we were very happy with our big day and our decision to have our wedding there.

Sent on 05/21/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/20/2014

Had a great wedding here! Had a few hiccups that were quickly solved. The staff was amazing the day of the wedding. They were out first thing in the morning to help me finish setting up, met me with a cold drink as soon as we got back from the ceremony, made sure I was enjoying everything through out the entire evening!!!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Erica · Married on 06/25/2011

4.2
      3.0

Overall a great place to have a wedding. I had my ceremony outside in the Terrace which was beautiful. I had my reception inside - convenient. My contact person, Lisa Bailey, was wonderful. I had to rent my own screens to block the view of a BBQ grill that is in plain site of my ceremony location. Being that this is an eyesore, I'd think the venue would make sure it's covered properly without adding extra expenses. The food was delicious and the options were elegant and plentiful. The service at the reception was spot on. The only complaint I have is the bar was not properly stocked.

Sent on 06/28/2011

Everything was great! We had a little hiccup with the link for reserving rooms. The invitations had already been printed so another little card had to be made up and sent out with the invitations. Not a huge deal, but inconvenient.

Sent on 08/21/2015

Paresh · Married on 05/23/2015

The Embassy Suites in Greenville, SC was the perfect venue for a traditional Indian wedding ceremony as an outside event on the Terrace, then the American wedding as a late afternoon event on the outside lawn area capping it off with the glamorous evening Reception in the Grand Ballroom and the guests were all accommodated at the Hotel...no parking issues, no night driving, convenient, comfortable and great value !

Sent on 06/21/2015

3.8
      2.5

Our elegant yet simple wedding was magical. I would do it all over again. So many compliments from family and friends. We couldn't have been a worry free and happier couple.

Sent on 09/14/2015

Christian · Married on 03/30/2013

3.8
      2.0

Embassy Suites was the perfect location for our spring wedding. The ceremony was held outside in the beautiful terrace with the reception in the Palmetto Club room. Christina was great to work with because she was helpful during the planning as well as knowledgeable. If you want everything in one place this is a good location. The food was good. Many guests commented on the it.

However, if you are planning to get leftover food, cake, or cake stands please have someone you trust designated to get these items before they disappear. It was reported that staff was seen gathering extra cake for themselves. They told us that all cake was gone. Also, there was a problem in communication between staff regarding our cake stand. They told family members who came to gather the cake stand that it was put in a box and given to the bride and groom. This was not true at all. So, during my honeymoon I had to call and email about this cake stand. Eventually, it was FOUND.

Up to that point the experience was great! Overall we were very happy with our choice of Embassy Suites!

Sent on 04/15/2013

Audrey · Married on 07/11/2015

2.6
      0.0
      3.5
      0.0

They make a bunch of promises then you'll be surprised the day of your event when things are unexpectedly going wrong or different than promised. I was told last minute about a credit card being requires to be on file after I had to give it to them to order additional food for a few extra guest. After being told one price my bank statement showed a slightly higher amount. Also, the food didn't taste at all like it did when we tried it at the taste testing. It tasted like the chicken had not completely thawed out because no one was able to cut through the bottom of it. I wouldn't recommend this venue to anyone and wish I had went with one of the other two venues that I originally wanted. I feel like I have been conned out of my money and don't feel like they deserve what was paid to them. I only chose them because they promised me a much cheaper rate than the other competitors but within two weeks of the event I was hit with a much higher cost which turned out to be the exact price that the competitors quoted me truthfully initially not luring me in off of one low price then increasing the rate weeks before the event knowing I couldn't switch to another vendor at that point. Words of advice, do your research and make sure EVERYTHING promised is signed and in writing to cover yourself.

Sent on 07/27/2015

Embassy Suites Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center's reply:

Mrs. Austin, we are sorry to hear that the experience on your special day was not as you expected. As part of our standards we do require all events provide us with a credit card to have on file to protect both our guests and ourselves. Our chef and kitchen staff pride themselves on using fresh and farm to table ingredients that are never frozen. Unfortunately in our industry there are times when staff or prices do change and we do our best to accommodate those changes as they happen. We hope you take all these things into consideration and will choose Embassy Suites again in the future.