Ellie's Reviews

43 | Providence, RI

43 Reviews for Ellie's

• Allie

Allie Katzanek · Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing Cake and Service!!

I reached out to Ellie’s less than 2 months before my wedding date and the team was incredibly helpful to plan our wedding cake. They made the process much easier than I had expected, having flexibility for tastings and offering suggestions on the best flavor combinations. The team was able to make the cake look exactly like the photo inspiration we had, and it was so delicious! I will definitely be using Ellie’s again for future events!

Sent on 11/07/2020
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 10/06/2020

Magnificent in every way

My husband and I reached out to Ellie's for our tiered wedding cake and possibly for wedding favors. It started with a lovely first meeting where we had our cake and filling tasting along with a French macaron sample, and we were able to leisurely browse Ellie's photo book of special occasion cakes as we tried all the different combinations. Everything was delicious, and the cake designs were so intricate. We had no idea what we wanted in a wedding cake when we first came in (I only knew it had to be tasty and I had a vague idea of color scheme), but we worked with Katie and Sera up until we decided what we wanted, and they both gave excellent recommendations along the way. After some reflection, we decided to go with Ellie's French macarons for our wedding favors as they would match our color scheme and they would be very dainty treats. We wanted fresh cut flowers to top our cake, and we ordered some extra flowers from our florist. Ellie's delivered the favors and cake to our venue while we were exchanging our vows, and decorated our cake with the flowers they had waiting for them. When we saw the wedding favors and wedding cake after our ceremony, they were simply breathtaking in their elegance. We would definitely recommend Ellie's.

Correction: our wedding was on June 22nd, 2019.

Sent on 01/11/2020
  • Jenny

Jenny Galvao · Married on 09/13/2020

We LOVE Ellie’s!

Not only did we love our custom Ellie’s macrons for our wedding but our guests did as well! Definitely recommend Ellie’s!

Sent on 10/27/2020

Laurel Z · Married on 07/25/2020

Even better than we could have imagined!

Stephanie, Afton, and the entire Ellie's team made our wedding cake dreams come true! They were so responsive and flexible even with all of our changing plans due to COVID. With just some general guidelines, they delivered a cake more beautiful that we pictured. And best of all, it was delicious! Don't just take our word for it - our guests said it [tier 1: lavender with almond buttercream; tier 2: carrot cake with mocha buttercream] was the best wedding cake they had ever had. Our guests also really enjoyed the gorgeous (and tasty) macarons as party favors. Thank you, Ellie's!

Sent on 09/28/2020
  • Emily

Emily Bjork · Married on 07/10/2020

Delicious & Beautiful!

Our cake was so perfect. It tasted delicious and was stunning. I've had my fair share of wedding cakes and our cake honestly blew all other cakes I've had out of the water. So moist and lasted for days (we had to freeze it just to keep from eating it all up!). The cake tasting is also really fun, in Ellie's beautiful restaurant in Providence!

Sent on 10/30/2019

Ellie's's reply:

Hi Emily,

I am so glad that you loved your cake! Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day!

Best,
    Katie

Linda Troia · Married on 07/07/2020

True Artistry

The creative skillfulness executed by Ellie's cake designer is outstanding. They offer limitless options for any occasion. Our intimate wedding called for a small cake. The staff was extremely helpful by providing a tasting of luscious butter cream frostings, cake flavors, and delicious fillings. We we able to customize our order with ease and complete satisfaction. From chic, to classic.....from elegant to ornate Ellie's will not disappoint. Exceptional!

Sent on 07/31/2020

Tanvi Deshpande · Married on 06/27/2020

Highly recommend!!

Ellie’s prepared a beautiful and delicious wedding cake for your backyard wedding. They were extremely responsive and flexible amid the pandemic and catered to our every request!

Sent on 07/01/2020
  • Catherine

Catherine D · Married on 06/13/2020

Stunning wedding cake

We could not be happier with our experience with Stephanie and Ellie's Bakery. They were incredibly helpful in planning and baking a beautiful cake for our small wedding ceremony. We so appreciated their flexibility in arranging a cake for our small dinner reception after we had to postpone our larger wedding. The cake was delicious and absolutely stunning- exactly what I had envisioned and more! It was a highlight of our celebration. Stephanie was a pleasure to work with- kind, helpful, communicative, and did a terrific job understanding what we were looking for and making it happen!

Sent on 09/05/2020
  • Laura

Laura Berman · Married on 03/10/2020

The perfect choice for us.

We originally planned to get married at Ellie's sister restaurant, Gracie's Providence (our favorite special occasion spot for many years). Times changed, plans changed, and we did not get married at Gracie's -- but Ellie's was still there for us. They put together a virtual Zoom cake tasting for us, complete with an adorable to-go box of cake cubes and frostings. And because they often work closely with our florist, they agreed to coordinate day-of delivery for both the cake and the flowers. The miniature elopement cake for two was beyond delicious (lemon cake, honey buttercream, and peach jam filling, YUM) and beyond beautiful (a hand-painted dragon and scrolling border, to match our dorky wedding theme). We will definitely be going back for our post-pandemic reception cake. We could enthusiastically recommend Ellie's on the merits of taste and quality alone, but the ways they went above and beyond to help and support us as our plans were inverted during the pandemic make me even more excited to recommend them to you.

Sent on 10/26/2020

Cammie · Married on 01/19/2020

Elegant and delicious!

Ellie’s created a beautiful and absolutely delicious cake for our mid-winter wedding. We had great fun at our tasting, and quickly settled on a delightful combination of lemon and ginger for the flavors. For the look, the team worked to create a very simple and elegant, three-tiered white cake, which our florist decorated with some dried floral elements. As a former pastry cook, I have high standards for cake– and so many wedding cakes look beautiful but taste disappointing. Ellie’s truly stands above the rest!

Sent on 04/25/2020

Barbara · Married on 10/26/2019

Amazing experience!

Katie Weeks at Ellie's bakery was great to work with. She was very responsive to all my questions about my cake order, and throughout the entire process. My husband was sold on them making our cake from our first tasting. The cake was so moist and delicious. We received numerous compliments from our guests about how tasty and moist the wedding cake was. The cake design was exactly was I was looking for and was so happy with how it came out. I would highly recommend Ellie's bakery! They definitely get 5 stars from me.

Sent on 01/20/2020
  • Ashley Tamke

Ashley Tamke · Married on 09/21/2019

Great to work with and absolutely delicious!

My husband and I had such a nice experience working with Kendal and her team at Ellie’s bakery. We had the pleasure of enjoying two tastings since one of the filling flavors we selected was not in season for our first tasting. This gave us an opportunity to enjoy our second tasting at their new location, which we loved.

Kendal was so helpful throughout the process of selecting the flavors, filling, frosting and finally the design. We communicated mostly through email and I always found her to be so responsive.

Thank you Ellie’s Bakery for making such a beautiful wedding cake and delicious favors for our guests!

Sent on 11/29/2019
  • Meropes

Ania · Married on 08/24/2019

Delicious and Beautiful Cake

Ellie's was wonderful to work with and super prompt in communication. The tasting was informative as the staff was helpful in selecting flavors that went well together. We loved our cake design, and it fit well with our dessert table and venue!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Greta · Married on 06/23/2019

Cake Prefection

We had our wedding at Gracie's and so opted to use their sister bakery, Ellie's for our cake. Such a perfect choice! The cake tasting was near impossible as every flavor combination was amazing. We eventually chose chocolate cake with hazelnut filling and lemon cake with raspberry filling. We sent reference photos for our color scheme and let Ellie's work their magic. The final product nearly made me cry-- everything I wanted and more!

Sent on 06/29/2019

Sarah · Married on 10/13/2018

Perfect Wedding Cake!

Ellie’s bakery made a beautiful cake for our wedding in October 2018. The cake was moist and the filling was delicious! They executed exactly what we were looking for and we couldn’t be happier with the results! They were easy to work with and reasonably priced!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/08/2018

Ordered macarons for my bridal shower and they were amazing! Kendal, who placed my order, was super easy to work with. They came beautifully packaged and my guests raved about how great they were. Love Ellie's!

Sent on 08/06/2018
  • Emma

Emma · Married on 06/30/2018

When my (now) husband and I got engaged, we knew that we wanted to have a big dessert table for our guests. We loved the idea of loading up on Gregg's cakes, but also wanted a special cake to cut that felt like our own. Wanting only a very small, two-tier cake, we found that most bakeries were very flaky with us. It felt frustrating that they didn't seem to think that we were worth their time. After a recommendation from a coworker, I contacted Ellie's for a quote, and Kendall got right back to me about setting up a tasting. It was freezing out the day that we met for the tasting, so it was even better to come into the little bakery and see a big plate filled with cake cubes and frosting, accompanied by two hot cups of coffee. Everything was amazing, and it was very hard to make our final decision! They were very accommodating, and we knew that we had made the right choice in choosing them. When the cake arrived on the big day, it was absolutely everything that I had envisioned. The execution was perfect, and I was beyond thrilled with how the cake came out. My only regret is that we didn't order some of their macarons as well!! We will absolutely be back for dessert and coffee soon, and can't recommend Ellie's enough after all of their hard work.

Sent on 08/03/2018

Jessica · Married on 06/09/2018

I am so glad we went with Ellie's for our wedding cake. Our cake tasted and looked incredible. My husband enjoyed our first bite during the cake cutting so much, that I turned around and he was cutting a second piece for us! The cake was delivered right on time, and they pulled some flowers and greenery from our flower arrangements to add on and complete the masterpiece! All of our guests, and even the caterer, raved about the cake design. It made our day even more perfect :)

Sent on 06/12/2018

Shumei · Married on 06/02/2018

Ellie's is my favorite bakery in Providence so I had to use them for my wedding. The croquembouche was beautiful and rest of the pastries were all delicious as usual. Kendal is very responsive and the online billing system is easy to work with. I added a few more dozens to the recommended number but everything thing was gone in the end. When the pastries are so good, better order more! If I order dessert from them for another event I'd make sure there's one of everything for everyone.

Sent on 06/06/2018

Christie · Married on 05/19/2018

Ellie’s made the most adorable and delicious wedding cake! The flavors were light and not too sweet, exactly what we wanted. Our guests loved it! I had given them a cake topper that I told them they were not obligated to use, and they created an amazing cake that suits our Crazy Cat People personalities! It was purrfect! They also did macaron favors that were a very big hit!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Kate · Married on 02/10/2018

We worked with Ellie's for our wedding favors (individual boxes of 2 macarons) and they were such a hit! Ellie's let us choose any flavors (including flavors we came up with) and color combinations for our macarons, and tied each box with the string and tags that provided. They turned out so beautifully! And Kendal, who was also helping plan our rehearsal dinner at Gracie's, was such a joy to work with. Thank you all!

Sent on 02/27/2018

Candy · Married on 01/13/2018

Caitlyn created a beautiful rainbow cake for us that was not only visually pleasing but tasted INCREDIBLE!! We also had lemon lavender macaroons that were simply to die for!

Sent on 01/15/2018

Stephanie · Married on 10/21/2017

From the tasting to the final product, our experience with Ellie's was fantastic! My husband and I wanted a small cake for cutting at our wedding (and then eating the next day!), as our venue was serving dessert as part of the dinner service. We reached out to Ellie's and worked with Kendal, who is very pleasant and extremely responsive to emails. We went in to the bakery for a tasting (which could not have been laid out any cuter than it was), and tried different cake, filling, and frosting combos until we settled on our favorite two. We selected a design from their lookbook, and provided a cake topper (which they placed on the cake). The final product was just what we had envisioned and discussed, and tasted wonderful! If you want an artistic, elegant, and tasty cake, contact Ellie's!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Brenda · Married on 10/13/2017

I loved our wedding cake! I wish we could've had more time to sit down and have more than 3 bites of it! But, so many people loved the cake! We chose a carrot cake with lavender filling and vanilla frosting. Sounds weird, BUT IT IS AMAZING! I can't wait to order another cake from Ellie's!

Sent on 01/04/2018

Steph · Married on 09/23/2017

Struggling with wedding favors, not wanting to burden our guests with something they don’t necessarily need and/or would just simply collect dust over time, perhaps end up in the trash, the folks at Ellie’s Bakery had just what we were looking for. Both of us connoisseurs of macaroons, Ellie’s has a great line up that met our wedding theme of showcasing the flavors of the season, in this case between Summer and Autumn, as well as that of Rhode Island. Able to produce the macaroons in our wedding colors plus provide recyclable, firm-plastic packaging that would allow our far-away guests to easily transport the macaroons home, our wedding favors turned out to be a big hit such that the favors left on our sweet-heart wedding table were swiped. We had to ask some of our local guests to return one to two of extras that they had taken just to get a taste of the sweetness that Ellie’s makes. Highly recommend, be sure to check out their monthly macaroon line-up for ideas. Folks at the bakery are quite accommodating, awesome, and willing to spend as much time as possible listening to your needs.

Sent on 01/30/2018