Ellie's Bakery Reviews

Ellie's Bakery 6
Ellie's Bakery 7

Sarah · Married on 10/13/2018

Perfect Wedding Cake!

Ellie’s bakery made a beautiful cake for our wedding in October 2018. The cake was moist and the filling was delicious! They executed exactly what we were looking for and we couldn’t be happier with the results! They were easy to work with and reasonably priced!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/08/2018

Ordered macarons for my bridal shower and they were amazing! Kendal, who placed my order, was super easy to work with. They came beautifully packaged and my guests raved about how great they were. Love Ellie's!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Emma · Married on 06/30/2018

When my (now) husband and I got engaged, we knew that we wanted to have a big dessert table for our guests. We loved the idea of loading up on Gregg's cakes, but also wanted a special cake to cut that felt like our own. Wanting only a very small, two-tier cake, we found that most bakeries were very flaky with us. It felt frustrating that they didn't seem to think that we were worth their time. After a recommendation from a coworker, I contacted Ellie's for a quote, and Kendall got right back to me about setting up a tasting. It was freezing out the day that we met for the tasting, so it was even better to come into the little bakery and see a big plate filled with cake cubes and frosting, accompanied by two hot cups of coffee. Everything was amazing, and it was very hard to make our final decision! They were very accommodating, and we knew that we had made the right choice in choosing them. When the cake arrived on the big day, it was absolutely everything that I had envisioned. The execution was perfect, and I was beyond thrilled with how the cake came out. My only regret is that we didn't order some of their macarons as well!! We will absolutely be back for dessert and coffee soon, and can't recommend Ellie's enough after all of their hard work.

Sent on 08/03/2018
    Ellie's Bakery 8

Jessica · Married on 06/09/2018

I am so glad we went with Ellie's for our wedding cake. Our cake tasted and looked incredible. My husband enjoyed our first bite during the cake cutting so much, that I turned around and he was cutting a second piece for us! The cake was delivered right on time, and they pulled some flowers and greenery from our flower arrangements to add on and complete the masterpiece! All of our guests, and even the caterer, raved about the cake design. It made our day even more perfect :)

Sent on 06/12/2018

Shumei · Married on 06/02/2018

Ellie's is my favorite bakery in Providence so I had to use them for my wedding. The croquembouche was beautiful and rest of the pastries were all delicious as usual. Kendal is very responsive and the online billing system is easy to work with. I added a few more dozens to the recommended number but everything thing was gone in the end. When the pastries are so good, better order more! If I order dessert from them for another event I'd make sure there's one of everything for everyone.

Sent on 06/06/2018

Christie · Married on 05/19/2018

Ellie’s made the most adorable and delicious wedding cake! The flavors were light and not too sweet, exactly what we wanted. Our guests loved it! I had given them a cake topper that I told them they were not obligated to use, and they created an amazing cake that suits our Crazy Cat People personalities! It was purrfect! They also did macaron favors that were a very big hit!

Sent on 05/22/2018
    Ellie's Bakery 9

Kate · Married on 02/10/2018

We worked with Ellie's for our wedding favors (individual boxes of 2 macarons) and they were such a hit! Ellie's let us choose any flavors (including flavors we came up with) and color combinations for our macarons, and tied each box with the string and tags that provided. They turned out so beautifully! And Kendal, who was also helping plan our rehearsal dinner at Gracie's, was such a joy to work with. Thank you all!

Sent on 02/27/2018
    Ellie's Bakery 10

Candy · Married on 01/13/2018

Caitlyn created a beautiful rainbow cake for us that was not only visually pleasing but tasted INCREDIBLE!! We also had lemon lavender macaroons that were simply to die for!

Sent on 01/15/2018

Stephanie · Married on 10/21/2017

From the tasting to the final product, our experience with Ellie's was fantastic! My husband and I wanted a small cake for cutting at our wedding (and then eating the next day!), as our venue was serving dessert as part of the dinner service. We reached out to Ellie's and worked with Kendal, who is very pleasant and extremely responsive to emails. We went in to the bakery for a tasting (which could not have been laid out any cuter than it was), and tried different cake, filling, and frosting combos until we settled on our favorite two. We selected a design from their lookbook, and provided a cake topper (which they placed on the cake). The final product was just what we had envisioned and discussed, and tasted wonderful! If you want an artistic, elegant, and tasty cake, contact Ellie's!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Brenda · Married on 10/13/2017

I loved our wedding cake! I wish we could've had more time to sit down and have more than 3 bites of it! But, so many people loved the cake! We chose a carrot cake with lavender filling and vanilla frosting. Sounds weird, BUT IT IS AMAZING! I can't wait to order another cake from Ellie's!

Sent on 01/04/2018
    Ellie's Bakery 11
    Ellie's Bakery 12

Steph · Married on 09/23/2017

Struggling with wedding favors, not wanting to burden our guests with something they don’t necessarily need and/or would just simply collect dust over time, perhaps end up in the trash, the folks at Ellie’s Bakery had just what we were looking for. Both of us connoisseurs of macaroons, Ellie’s has a great line up that met our wedding theme of showcasing the flavors of the season, in this case between Summer and Autumn, as well as that of Rhode Island. Able to produce the macaroons in our wedding colors plus provide recyclable, firm-plastic packaging that would allow our far-away guests to easily transport the macaroons home, our wedding favors turned out to be a big hit such that the favors left on our sweet-heart wedding table were swiped. We had to ask some of our local guests to return one to two of extras that they had taken just to get a taste of the sweetness that Ellie’s makes. Highly recommend, be sure to check out their monthly macaroon line-up for ideas. Folks at the bakery are quite accommodating, awesome, and willing to spend as much time as possible listening to your needs.

Sent on 01/30/2018
    Ellie's Bakery 13
    Ellie's Bakery 14

Grace · Married on 08/26/2017

Both my now husband and I live in San Diego, and we were not familiar with potential vendors for our Rhode Island wedding this past August. Through word of mouth, we heard about Ellie's Bakery. The recommendations were highly positive and we felt confident that the cake would be both beautiful and tasty, and it absolutely was! It was easy to coordinate with Kendal about logistics. We sent a picture of what we hoped the cake would look like, and the end result was gorgeous! Several guests have commented on how delicious the cake was, and we're thrilled with the care and creativity that went into making our memorable wedding cake.

Sent on 09/06/2017

erin · Married on 05/20/2017

We chose Ellie's to provide our wedding favors after enjoying their bread samplings while eating at Gracie's. We LOVED the bread and thought that their macarons would be the perfect personalized touch. We were able to custom design our macarons to match our wedding colors and the flavors inside were our favorite dessert flavors. (For those that are curious mine is tiramisu and my husband's is strawberry shortcake). They were absolutely amazing. The quality, flavor, texture and overall presentation were just outstanding. If you want to do something a little different, this is absolutely the way to go. Ellie's was one of the easiest choices we made, and one of the best.

Sent on 10/26/2017

Suzanne · Married on 05/08/2017

Ellie's did a wonderful job catering a morning-after wedding brunch in my home in May. I'm not a practiced party-giver and the idea was a bit daunting for me, despite it being a casual affair for close friends and family. Kendall was very helpful with putting the plan together. Quiche, fruit, salad, pastries, and coffee all arrived right on time, beautifully displayed, with tasteful paper plates and cups, etc. The deliverers helped set up and came back afterward to pick up the serving dishes. It was all so easy, not to mention delicious!!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Jeff · Married on 10/29/2016

What a bakery! We didn’t know about Ellie’s until we had our wedding at Gracie’s and had a handful of desserts made for our event. They were all fantastic and the staff was great to work with. The gluten free options are extensive and quite delicious. No one knew the different between the cakes with gluten and those without. Our desserts were customized to our favorite flavors and styles and everything was perfect from the macarons to the turnovers to the marshmallows. Upon our return from our honeymoon we had two more cakes made to help with the transition back to reality, and they hit the spot. We can’t wait to continue to use Ellie’s for all our needs. Lunch there is pretty spot on as well.

Sent on 12/20/2016

Kathryn · Married on 09/24/2016

Ellie's went above and beyond for our wedding. We booked somewhat later than we should have, but you'd never know it as they were so kind and accommodating. My family is French, and I don't like cake anyway, so a croquembouche (pyramid of cream puffs with crunchy spun sugar around it) was the perfect dessert for the occasion. Not only did Ellie's make an incredibly beautiful croquembouche, they also made mini ones for each table! They all tasted amazing too. Ellie's was the only bakery in the area that used the real ingredients I was looking for, and would also work with me on price. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Jordan · Married on 08/20/2016

Ellies made an unbelievable dessert table for our wedding! All of the guests fondly remember the incredible variety of treats. They went above and beyond our expectations! They were very responsive throughout the planning process and helped us come up with a menu that was truly unforgettable. They even made a s'mores table with homemade marshmallows and many types cookies and graham crackers! If you want the best desserts anyone has ever had at a wedding, book Ellie's!!!

Sent on 11/29/2016

Jacqueline · Married on 06/18/2016

I would definitely say that this cake was one of the highlights of our wedding. The cake itself was moist and the frosting was not too sweet, but perfect. People were fighting to try each flavor. Thinking of it right now makes me want some more. The team at Ellie's were very accommodating and great with communication! Hands down would go with them anytime we need a cake again!

Sent on 07/11/2016

christy · Married on 05/21/2016

We loved working with Ellie's and are so happy that we booked them for our wedding cake. We had previously had a cake tasting at another bakery in Providence and were really disappointed by the quality of the samples. We turned to Ellie's and were blown away by the tasting. We couldn't decide between two cakes - so Courtney recommended that we do both! The cake was beautiful, and exactly the design we wanted. The price was very reasonable for the quality of cake. Don't question it - have Ellie's bake your cake! Also, we got breakfast for the bridal suite and the groomsmen the morning of the wedding - and that was great too!

Sent on 06/20/2016
  • User6719190 · 2+ years ago

Our wedding cake from Ellie's was delicious! The design was beautiful and was exactly what we were envisioning. We had both chocolate and vanilla cake, and they were able to accommodate both flavors in separate layers. The only negative was that we could only try two cake flavors at the tasting (but we could try many of the fillings).

Sent on 05/21/2016

My husband and I love Ellie’s so much that we decided to have them make our wedding cake- even though our wedding was in Vermont! We wanted something simple yet elegant so we went with a chocolate cake with raspberry jam and chocolate ganache filling and a classic buttercream frosting. The cake was amazing- absolutely gorgeous and delicious! On top of making such a perfect dessert the staff at Ellie’s went above and beyond to make sure that our cake made it safety to Vermont. I honestly couldn’t be happier and can’t wait for another reason to get a cake from them!

Sent on 09/15/2015

Gail · Married on 08/22/2015

My husband is French, and we really wanted a traditional Croquembouche for our wedding, a concoction of many (90 in our case) choux pastries filled with cream and stacked in a conical shape. It is not easy to find a bakery that will make them in our area (near Providence, RI). I called Ellie's and was thrilled to find that though they do not make them regularly, they were willing to do so for our event. I consulted with Courtney, who directs their catering dept., over the phone numerous times, and the pastry chef herself called me to discuss options. This dessert has a spun sugar (caramel) decoration on top, which cannot be out in hot weather for long. Given our outdoor wedding plans, she was concerned about that. She also offered us any flavor of fillings we wanted. We ended up with 1/3 raspberry, 1/3 vanilla, and 1/3 chocolate whipped ganache. All were amazing. The chef (Sarah) also offered to decorate the dessert with flowers and a ribbon and to deliver it herself after hours so that it wouldn't be outside for long. Really, I was blown away by this gesture--she came to our house personally at 7 PM. The dessert was the hit of the wedding, absolutely beautiful and delicious. Everyone raved, even the French guests! There was not a choux left! I recommend Ellie's highly.

Sent on 09/05/2015

Linda · event on: 08/17/2015

We ordered Ellie's homemade Oreo cookies as a favor for my daughters bridal shower! They were decorated so nicely and were delicious! My daughter has ordered macaroon favors for the wedding and I know they will be perfect!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Ellie's Bakery's reply:

Linda!

Thank you SO much! Ellie's truly values your support and feedback.

Taiwo · Married on 09/23/2018

Kendal was great! Scheduling a cake tasting was super easy (and delicious). She responded to all emails super promptly and understood exactly what we wanted. Will definitely recommend! We got three cakes and she executed them perfectly -- and delivered and "decorated" the cake on site with greenery/flowers from the wedding.

Sent on 10/03/2018