Elle Leary Artistry Reviews

30 Reviews for Elle Leary Artistry

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Nicolle

Nicolle · Married on 09/03/2011

I loved Elle the minute I met her for my hair and makeup trial. Not only is she extremely talented at what she does, and very professional, she is super fun and laid-back. She had no problem tweaking things so they would be exactly how I wanted them, and was able to create the look I wanted without much trouble at all! On my wedding day she was awesome, working efficiently and keeping me calm all at the same time :) My bridesmaids and I looked incredible at my wedding, and we owe it all to Elle and her wonderful assistant! I would highly recommend her services to any bride, she is just awesome! :)

Maital · Married on 05/22/2011

Elle is awesome. I just had her do hair and makeup for myself and my bridesmaids/moms/grandma for my wedding this past weekend. Prior to that I had done 2 trials with her so everthing turned out exactly how I wanted it. (After the first trial I realized I wanted extensions to make my bun look bigger, so then I wanted a second trial. Elle even took the time to go out and buy extensions for me which was great cuz I had a very busy schedule).

She is great with emails and is very professional. She showed up early on the big day She had planned on having her assistant come to help do all the hair/makeup, however, the assistant was a no show. Elle said shd had never had that happen before and I never did find out what happened to her assistant. However, to Elle's credit she immediately got on the phone and got another makeup artist down there. Although we got a little behind schedule, Elle made the best of a situation that was out of her control. She is also very sweet. I highly recommend her!

Jessie · Married on 04/30/2011

Elle is one of the most talented make-up artists I have ever worked with. She made all of my 9 bridesmaids look absolutely stunning but best of all she made me feel the most beautiful I have ever felt. Looking at my pictures I get teary eyed at how wonderful I felt that day and Elle was a big part of that. My make-up lasted all through the day and night and everyone commented on perfect it was. She is 100% reliable, extremely friendly, flexible with everyone's likes and dislikes - I couldn't have asked for a more perfect experience. She was one of my favorite people to work with on my wedding, she gave me moral support and was doing her job over and above what was expected. I can't say enough nice things about Elle, I was so lucky to have found her and that she was available on my wedding weekend.

Cindy · Married on 11/06/2010

Elle and her assistant did hair and make-up for me, the Bride, the bridesmaids, mothers of the bride and groom and the flower girls. She was extremely responsive and flexible during the wedding planning and trial run. It was a pleasure to have Elle be a part of our day getting ready, she is friendly, professional and fun to be around. The hair and make-up that Elle did for all the ladies was beautiful, very natural and exactly what we wanted. I would highly recommend Elle to be a part of your wedding day!

• Alana

Alana · Married on 08/15/2010

Elle was absolutely amazing! She went above and beyond in every way! She is a very talented make up artist and just a joyful person to work with. I would highly, highly recommend her to all brides!!!

Christina · Married on 06/01/2010

If you are looking for 5 diamond service, Elle is your woman :) She does an AMAZING job!!! She is also an amazing person inside and out and has a true gift for make-up! BEST MAKE-UP ARTIST AROUND!!! Thank you Elle for everything, you made me look so beautiful on my wedding day :) xoxo

Michelle · Married on 05/14/2010

Elle was the makeup artist for my wedding. I met Elle in 2009 when I did my trial run with her. Not only is Elle a fantastic make-up artist but she is very professional, sweet and helpful. I sent her several emails prior to my wedding and Elle always responded quickly and provided very helpful information while all the wiling to go the extra mile to make sure I was happy. Elle showed up for my wedding on time and ready to go. She did a incredible job on each bridesmaid as well as the myself. It was getting a bit hectic in my suite as we were wrapping up and I Elle stepped right in to help me with things like buckling my shoes, buttoning my dress, etc. All things she didn't need to help with but that is just the type of person Elle is!

Melina · Married on 05/08/2010

She was very responsive from my first inquiry to the day of. I was very happy with the makeup and received so many compliments! I would definitely recommend her services.

Kim · Married on 03/12/2010

Elle was super helpful, accommodating and awesome in helping me prepare for my wedding. I wear almost no makeup in my day to day life, so during the trial runs, she was very helpful in putting together a look that was right for me and that I was comfortable in. On the day of the wedding she came to our room and set up to take care of me, my bridesmaids (including hair) and my mom. Everything was wonderful on my wedding day and Elle was instrumental in making that happen. I felt beautiful but still felt like me, which was exactly what I wanted. She was fun to work with and I feel like I gained a friend. I recommend Elle very, very highly. She's a true professional while still maintaining a friendly and fun attitude.

T.J. · Married on 02/21/2010

Elle Leary recently did my wedding day make-up and the final product far exceeded my expectations. She worked quickly but at no expense of the quality of her work. She just knows what she's doing. Her air brushing technique is phenomenal. It felt weightless on my face and made my skin feel and look great. Most importantly, my make-up held up throughout my wedding - yes, even through a few tears! It looked as good after the reception as it did when she finished the job 10 hours earlier.

I would highly recommend Elle Leary for any make-up needs. She's a consummate professional, accommodating, friendly, and is very responsive to emails. I should also mention that when I first met with Elle during our trial session, I had no idea what kind of make-up I wanted to wear for my wedding as I'm a tomboy and don't wear a whole lot of make-up in general. Elle was understanding of this and basically had her way with my face, but was not the slightest bit pushy with her suggestions. Needless to say, I was extremely satisfied and hired her to do my wedding day make-up without hesitation.

Shelby · Married on 10/17/2009

I had the pleasure of working with Elle at a Spa in Rancho Santa Fe, and had seen the work she had done on our clients. Everyone always left feeling BEAUTIFUL and looking even better. When I found out I was getting married there was no question on who was doing my make-up! When I first met with Elle we talked about the kind of make-up I wore and what she saw for me on my big day. She decided to do airbrush on me, which I had never had, but really loved. I could not have been happier on my BIG day! I don't tend to wear alot of make-up, so she keep me very natural but still very covered. I never once felt like I had too much on. I tend to cry alot, which I did and never once had to touch up any of my make-up. Well my lips, but that is normal!
    My Mom and a few of my girls also got there make-up done, and they just as I were VERY happy!!!! Elle is a great make-up artist, but even more she is a great person! She was very fun and easy to work with. She gets into each of her clients, so you feel as though you are just working with one of your great friends:)
    I would tell anyone that wants their make-up done on there big dat they should contact Elle. Not only will they look amazing, but they will feel amazing. Which really isn't that the point! Plus they will have a friend for live in Elle!!!!:):):):)

• sonsarrah

Sarah · Married on 10/10/2009

Young, fun, and friendly. During our "practice" she welcomed us like we were family. Of course on the day of the wedding, the make up and hair services were outstanding! We shuffled the girls around more than once and she was extremely flexible. Elle and her assistant, Pam, did an excellent job of making each one of the girls look their very best. Rather than something that "had" to be done, they made it something that was part of the whole day and each of the girls looked forward to their turn. And, needless to say, they all loved her. You will too!

Maggie · Married on 10/03/2009

Elle is FABULOUS!! I highly recommend her to anyone who is even considering having a professional for their wedding day. She is so fun to work with and made me feel pampered, relaxed, and beautiful. Don't trust your face to anyone else :)

Julie · Married on 10/03/2009

I have never felt more beautiful as I did when Elle did my hair and makeup!

erin · Married on 09/26/2009

I would highly recommend Elle Leary Artistry for any event! I got married in September and was beyond pleased with the service, professionalism, and beautiful results. Elle was very receptive and created the perfect look for me that I desired. She is very skilled and was so fun to have around for my big day. Look no further - Elle Leary Artistry is top notch!! Thanks Elle!

N · Married on 09/12/2009

After searching for the BEST possible makeup artist...I found her! Elle is fabulous!!! She is very organized,reliable,prepared,calm,professional,very sweet,and has SERIOUS skills with those make-up brushes!She can help you created the look of your dreams, simple to dramatic,she can do it all! After going through a few of the "best make-up artists in San Diego/LA" Elle blew them all out of the water. I promise you wont be disappointed!Word of the wise:make ur appt. asap...she books up quick! :)

• F

Christine · Married on 08/29/2009

Elle is everything a bride could hope for in a make-up artist. She is professional, friendly, smart, punctual, and, of course, she is incredibly talented. For my wedding day, I didn’t want to look overly made up. I was looking for something very natural looking, but I didn’t want to show up with just lip gloss and mascara. She was able to give me exactly the look I wanted. She uses airbrush foundation (a must for me) so my complexion looked flawless. I wanted her to play up my eyes, and boy did she ever. I remember looking in the mirror and thinking that my eyes looked double their normal size! And yet, the make-up was natural looking enough that I was able to wear it for the entire day without feeling embarrassed or out of place running my last minute errands in jeans and flip-flops.

On the wedding day, she arrived right on time and was an incredibly calming force. She was so cool and collected. Things were running a little behind for a while, but she just continued to assure me that everything would be fine and that she would be happy to wait until I was ready. She was also able to complete my make-up while the woman doing my hair was working, finishing everything right on time.

You absolutely cannot go wrong with Elle. She listens to what you want and delivers, and her prices are very reasonable. I would absolutely hire Elle again in the future and I’m very happy that I picked Elle for my wedding day.

Stephanie · Married on 08/15/2009

I had found Elle by searching San Diego make up artists and viewed her portfolio. From the beginning, my emails were responded to quickly; I feel like I had a million questions and she was patient to answer every single one. The trial run went well; I do not wear a lot of make up on a daily basis and she made sure I felt comfortable and understood each step she was making. I had some inspiration images of what I wanted and I just let her do her magic and everyone absolutely loved the way it turned out. Some family members have already mentioned to me they want to use her services in the future. She's super lovable, knowledgeable and professional; well worth the cost for the pictures of my wedding day that I will have forever. Thank you!

Kristina · Married on 05/30/2009

Elle was fantastic. She was very flexible and did a fantastic job with the makeup. All of the bridesmaids loved how they looked as well! The pictures are amazing. Elle is so great, I would definitely keep her to use again. I can't believe how lucky I was to find her. Elle, I can't thank you enough!

Brenda · Married on 05/19/2009

Elle did a great job! Thanks for the lipstick and mascara gift! Everything was perfect!

• bella

Sage · Married on 03/14/2009

Elle is a fantastic artist! She did an amazing job on my makeup and hair for my wedding. My makeup was perfect until the end of the night. Elle is very professional, organized and creative! She arrived early and even helped to keep me relaxed. I highly recommend Elle and her work for your wedding or any other event!

Tammy · Married on 02/07/2009

Elle did an amazingly beautiful job on my makeup for my wedding day. We met approximately a month before my wedding and did a trial run. Elle was open to my thoughts and opinions and was great about describing each step in applying my makeup. I was extremely pleased with the trial and was confident my makeup would look great on the wedding day. Elle also did my mom's makeup and my maid of honor's makeup without a trial and it came out beautiful! They were both extremely happy with how it looked. Their makeup looked so great that my bridesmaids who didn't sign up to get their makeup done by Elle wished that they would have. My favorite thing about the makeup that Elle did was the airbrushing. I don't wear a lot of makeup on a regular day basis so I was worried about looking like I had a lot of caked makeup on, but Elle used an airbrushing technique that made my skin look flawless without out that heavy makeup look. Elle was very flexible with meeting for me for the trial and coming to meet me where I was getting ready for the wedding. Overall, she made the whole process very easy on me and did a wonderful job on my makeup!

Aubrey · Married on 01/31/2009

I loved her, she answered her phone. Emailed me back in a reasonable time frame. She was very perfessional and fun at the same time.

Jessica · Married on 01/24/2009

Elle did a FANTASTIC job on my makeup for my wedding!! She definitely knows her stuff and gave me exactly what I wanted. Many of my guests commented on how wonderful my makeup looked. It wasn't overdone and was still very dramatic. Elle is so patient and helpful, I would highly recommend her to anyone!