Elizabeth Hickman Hair and Makeup Artist Reviews

Elizabeth Hickman Hair and Makeup Artist 6
Elizabeth Hickman Hair and Makeup Artist 7

Christine · Married on 03/30/2019

Elizabeth is great!

We used the services of Elizabeth and her assistant for my wedding. I and my wedding party of are Asian descent, so I was concerning about finding someone with experience doing makeup and hair for Asian people. It turned out great! Elizabeth is competitively priced for the area, very responsive (e.g., I originally contracted to have her do only makeup for my bridesmaids, but then I finally asked them whether they wanted hair or makeup, and they all chose hair. I let Elizabeth know and she was prompt and gracious about updating the contract with those changes), on-time, and meticulous. I don't really wear makeup, and you could tell I had on makeup (since wedding pictures are HD and last forever), but I felt very much like myself still. The lighting in the getting-ready house gave us some trouble to make sure my eye makeup was even, but Elizabeth was patient in evening it all out to make sure it looked the way I wanted it too. Thanks so much, Elizabeth!

Sent on 04/07/2019
  • Lainey

Lainey Marty · Married on 02/18/2019

Amazing OC Hairstylist!

My experience with Elizabeth was the best! She did my hair for my wedding as well for my bridesmaids. Her associate, Amy, did their makeup. We all loved our looks and felt beautiful!

Communication with Elizabeth was always professional and consistent. She arrived on time and worked very efficiently, which kept us on schedule! She is very kind, sweet and personable too. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 04/04/2019
    Elizabeth Hickman Hair and Makeup Artist 8
    Elizabeth Hickman Hair and Makeup Artist 9
    Elizabeth Hickman Hair and Makeup Artist 10

Elizabeth Pratty · Married on 01/26/2019

Excellent Outstanding Beauty Service

OC Beauty by Elizabeth Hickman earns a shining 5 stars! I cannot say enough about Elizabeth and her very talented team! I booked her services months in advance following a trial with her. I had the pleasure of having Elizabeth and her team prep my girls and I for my wedding on January 26. Elizabeth was able to create the look I wanted which held for the entirety of my wedding. Her team really listened to each of the ladies ideas and were able to beautifully complete everyone's looks with time to spare. The entire morning went so smoothly thanks to their skill and professionalism. Text messages and emails were returned promptly, she is a joy to work with! As the bride, I felt confident and beautiful on my wedding day thanks to her skill. I cannot be happier with how everything turned out. I will always recommend them to another bride in the future.

Sent on 02/22/2019
  • Tory

Tory · Married on 12/29/2018

Perfect Hair and Makeup!

I absolutely loved Elizabeth! I hired her to do hair and makeup for myself, my three bridesmaids, and my mom. I cannot say enough wonderful things about her! I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day and my bridesmaids and mom were incredibly happy as well! I had my trial over a year out from my wedding date and she still remembered all the details about how I wanted my hair and makeup to look. Elizabeth is super talented and such a kind and sweet person to hang out with. She arrived early for a 7am start and made me feel so relaxed the morning of my wedding. We even finished ahead of schedule! I can't recommend Elizabeth and her team enough!

Sent on 01/01/2019
    Elizabeth Hickman Hair and Makeup Artist 11
    Elizabeth Hickman Hair and Makeup Artist 12
    Elizabeth Hickman Hair and Makeup Artist 13
  • Aimee

Aimee · Married on 12/02/2018

I absolutely loved my hair and makeup trial! My hair and makeup came out exactly as I had imagined. I even brought my dress to see the full effect! I also feel that her prices are an especially good value!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Jenny · Married on 10/07/2018

Wedding make up artist.

I don’t even know where to start Elizabeth and her team did wonders for make and hair on myself and my bridesmaids for my wedding. She was extremely professional on time and overall pleasant to deal with. With weddings being so stress she definitely is worth booking you won’t regret it and you’ll look amazing ! I recommended her to my future sister law and she is now using her as well. All my girls (10 picky picky girls) loved how they look and have talked about using Elizabeth for all different events, I can’t recommend her enough!

Sent on 02/05/2019

Elizabeth Hickman Hair and Makeup Artist's reply:

Thank you so much!!! I Loved being a part of your special day and my team and I had a wonderful time with everyone :)

Sofia Frank · Married on 09/23/2018

Affordable and incredible!

Elizabeth made me feel incredible on my wedding day! She is incredibly kind, knowledgeable, and flexible. She and her assistant did a wonderful job on my entire bridal party and took away all of the stress of getting ready! I would absolutely recommend her!

Sent on 01/11/2019

Danielle Thies · Married on 09/08/2018

Bride hair and make up

Elizabeth did a great job and was so flexible and nice! If you are getting married in the OC area hire her!!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Tammi · Married on 06/30/2018

Beth did an amazing job listening to exactly what I wanted and making me feel beautiful! She was easy to work with and super friendly while she worked!

Sent on 07/01/2018
    Elizabeth Hickman Hair and Makeup Artist 14

Sarah · Married on 05/26/2018

Elizabeth has done my hair 3 times - and I've been happy every time. She did formal styles when I was a bride and a bridesmaid & a more casual/nice style when I was a wedding guest. She is so sweet & listens to what you want and your vision for your hair. I don't have a ton of hair, but she knew just what to do to make me feel beautiful. You'll love chatting with her while she does your hair - she has such a nice and welcoming personality.

Sent on 07/10/2018
    Elizabeth Hickman Hair and Makeup Artist 15

Jackie · Married on 05/19/2018

Honestly, Elizabeth was amazing and one of my favorite vendors to work with. She made me look and feel beautiful on my big day. I would (and do) highly recommend Elizabeth to anyone looking for a hair and makeup artist! Thank you!!

Sent on 08/24/2018

Amber · Married on 05/18/2018

Elizabeth is personable and really listens to what you are envisioning. She is warm, friendly, professional, and does a beautiful job! I loved my hair and it lasted the whole event!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Julie · Married on 05/12/2018

Could not have been happier with what Elizabeth did to my hair. My daughter and 2 little girls. She read my mind as to what I wanted for my hair. Her make up was great. Very subtle. I live in Michigan and just had to make a decision as to which stylist to use. Boy did I make the right decision. Prompt service. Talkative but not over whelming. Thank you Elizabeth!.

Sent on 06/28/2018
    Elizabeth Hickman Hair and Makeup Artist 16
    Elizabeth Hickman Hair and Makeup Artist 17

Amy · Married on 03/24/2018

Elizabeth was wonderful! She was very helpful creating a timeline for the morning of our wedding, and everything went just as scheduled. I absolutely loved my hair and makeup, and she really paid attention to the different looks all my bridesmaids and mother wanted for themselves as well. She offered a lot of really helpful suggestions for us, too, and you can tell she has a lot of experience doing this. Everyone was thrilled with how they looked, and that's hard to do. Thanks Elizabeth!

Sent on 07/12/2018
  • GooglyEyes

Sarah · Married on 12/22/2017

Elizabeth is the best! She did my hair and makeup, as well as my bridesmaids’ hair. I got severely sunburnt the day before my wedding (oops!) and she was able to cover it up completely, all while still giving me a natural look. My hair and makeup lasted all night and I looked fabulous! Thanks, Elizabeth!

Sent on 11/23/2017
    Elizabeth Hickman Hair and Makeup Artist 18
    Elizabeth Hickman Hair and Makeup Artist 19
    Elizabeth Hickman Hair and Makeup Artist 20

Kara · Married on 10/22/2017

I can not say enough good things about Elizabeth! She did my hair/make up for my wedding and an updo for the military ball. She listens to the style that you want, whether it is more natural or dramatic. She was accommodating on times and schedule when I found out the military was moving me out of state and needed to make my wedding trial sooner --she also let my Mom tag along! I have very thick and long hair and Elizabeth was able to create a vision out of me saying "I just want a braid". :) You are in great hands with Elizabeth and her team!

Sent on 11/04/2017
    Elizabeth Hickman Hair and Makeup Artist 21
    Elizabeth Hickman Hair and Makeup Artist 22

Brittany · Married on 09/17/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Elizabeth and her team!! I had a Harry Potter wedding and wanted a some up some down with extensions and big curls, I also had 5 bridesmaids who needed their hair done on my big day as well! She was early, fast and made sure each person got exactly what they wanted and they all looked beautiful!!! I did a hair trial before with my mom and I knew right away she knew what she was doing it looked better than the picture I showed her!!!! I would recommend her with 100%

Sent on 09/26/2017
    Elizabeth Hickman Hair and Makeup Artist 27
    Elizabeth Hickman Hair and Makeup Artist 28
    Elizabeth Hickman Hair and Makeup Artist 29

Brittany · Married on 09/10/2017

Elizabeth and her team were AMAZING, I couldn't have asked for a better makeup artist. She is budget friendly, professional and a terrific artist with hair and make up. My girls and myself looked fantastic and the look stayed all day, which was super surprising considering how hot and humid it was. Not only is Elizabeth's work great but shes also calm and comforting in such a stressful and crazy environment. Throughout the morning she was consistently giving wise wisdom as well as calming words to help with the nerves. I would highly recommend her to everyone you won't regret it!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Marcia · Married on 06/26/2017

Elizabeth was amazing. I never wear a lot of make-up and she completely made me look amazing without feeling like a had thick make-up on. My hair was also beautiful, exactly what I envisioned on my wedding day.

Sent on 12/09/2017

Annie · Married on 06/25/2017

Elizabeth was absolutely amazing! She was so sweet, understanding and professional. The trial was a great experience to get to know her and for us to figure out what worked and didn’t work for my wedding. Furthermore, she was very quick at responding to any questions I had and her price was reasonable. I would absolutely recommend her!

Sent on 11/23/2017
    Elizabeth Hickman Hair and Makeup Artist 30
    Elizabeth Hickman Hair and Makeup Artist 31

Christina · Married on 06/11/2017

I can't say enough good things about Elizabeth. She did my hair and make-up for my engagement shoot and wedding day and she did an amazing job both times. For my engagement shoot, I hit a ton of traffic and was late to my appointment and was so worried, but she was so calm and put me at ease and still got me ready on time! In the rush of getting ready on my wedding day, I forgot to have her clip my veil in before I left, but the second I called she turned right around and came back. Crisis averted! Either of these times, the end result could have been so different, but her professionalism shined through and prevented me from having major panic attacks! She was able to recreate a hair style I found on pinterest and it turned out absolutely perfect! My makeup was perfect and so me. She made me look like a better version of myself! Elizabeth was amazing to work with and I highly recommend her to anyone looking for professional hair and make-up. I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to do my hair and makeup on the biggest day of my life and I would definitely have her do my hair and makeup again for future events!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Ashley · Married on 10/09/2016

I cannot say enough about how AMAZING Elizabeth and her team are. I initially found Elizabeth via a Google search because while I live in Northern California, my wedding was in Orange County. This meant I knew no one in Southern California who specialized in wedding hair and make-up. Elizabeth's website was very informative and her reviews were flawless. Because of this, I gave her a call and scheduled a trial. She was super nice and wonderful to work with. She took my jumbled explanation and turned it into a masterpiece. She put me at ease which made it easy to speak up and request subtle changes to the style until it was exactly what I wanted. The trial run went amazingly well and we booked her for all hair and make-up services on the spot. Prior to the wedding, my mother was really nervous about how to style her hair. Elizabeth was so kind and understanding that my mom was able to schedule a hair and make-up trial as well.

My wedding was at 11am, which meant we had to start hair and make-up for the 4 bridesmaids, MOB, MOG and me at 5am. Elizabeth and her team arrived EARLY and were set and ready to go before 5am. I was blown away by their professionalism and calm demeanor. The three women brought a peaceful, calm feeling to the wedding prep. It was such a pleasure to have them be the ones to do our hair and make-up. Most importantly, they worked hard to keep us on schedule. This was a huge blessing because finishing on time was my biggest worry about the morning. Elizabeth knew this beforehand and I must say she delivered 100%. They were done ahead of schedule.

My hair and make-up lasted the ENTIRE day. From 9am to 9pm, my up-do never moved or fell apart. Both my make-up and hair withstood hours of dancing and many hours in the sun (it was a brunch wedding). Elizabeth's work is top notch.

I am so thankful that I chose Elizabeth. She went above and beyond in every way. I will never forget how she helped to make my wedding so special!

Sent on 05/02/2017

Clare · Married on 10/08/2016

Elizabeth was wonderful and very easy to work with while planning and getting ready for my wedding this past October. She was very accommodating when scheduling my trial run. On the day of the wedding she even transferred locations midday (we could not get the venue until a certain time) and ended up giving me a ride so I wouldn't have to leave my car at the venue that night! All the bridesmaids, MOB, and myself looked fabulous and we were all finished promptly according to the timeline she created and sent to me prior to the wedding. She made the wedding prep fun and stress free! I would certainly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 12/26/2016
  • Donna

Donna · Married on 10/08/2016

Elizabeth did my hair and makeup for my wedding day in Dana Point and her assistant stylist helped my mom and sister's the day of as well. I got to meet with Elizabeth for a trial-run beforehand and she was incredible to work with from the very beginning! Elizabeth and her team are extremely professional, courteous and accommodating. We all had a great time getting ready and I'm so grateful to have had their help on it all. She is always quick to respond to all questions and had notes from the trial so that the wedding day would go as smoothly as possible. Our hair and makeup held up really nicely throughout the day as well. Thank you Elizabeth and your team for all your help!

Sent on 01/25/2017