Elizabeth Cook: Makeup Artist Reviews

Elizabeth Cook: Makeup Artist 6
Elizabeth Cook: Makeup Artist 7

Lauren · Married on 12/29/2018

Fantastic experience

Elizabeth was FANTASTIC! I couldn't ask for a better makeup artist on my wedding day. She was not only extremely professional, but also put me at ease on my wedding day. She is patient, personable, and great at what she does. She is amazingly talented and my makeup was flawless. I got so many compliments on her work and my makeup stayed perfect all night. Would 100% recommend - you won't regret it!!

Sent on 01/10/2019

Carly · Married on 09/22/2018

Liz is someone I REALLY trusted with my makeup. I have always been into makeup, and usually just do my own for events, I’m normally not comfortable having anyone do mine because I feel I usually don’t feel artists know my face as well as I do. Liz is the ONLY person I would trust to know exactly what works for my face, my skin type, and the look I was trying to achieve. Furthermore, she was extremely flexible and kind and always found a way to make the scheduling work! She was truly a gift to my wedding day and shower, I have never gotten more compliments on the way I looked in my life. The makeup brands she used were top of the line and lasted throughout the evening. I cried, laughed, got hot then cold, and never once did I have to worry about my makeup. I felt amazing and I couldn’t have asked for a better artist to work with. Look no further because Liz is your girl for any event! Hands down the most amazing artist.

Sent on 09/24/2018
    Elizabeth Cook: Makeup Artist 8

Amber · Married on 09/02/2018

Liz did my wedding makeup and I can not put into words how much I loved working with her! She did a fantastic job with my makeup. I wanted to look elegant, simple and natural and she completely captured what I was looking for. The makeup lasted the entire night with no issues - even after I cried!

On top of the amazing work she does, Liz is truly a wonderful person to work with. She's so easy to be around and she makes you feel so special. She's such a calming presence and just having her around on my wedding day added so much joy to my day. Everyone who got their makeup done by her looked stunning and all raved about how much they loved just being around Liz.

If you're looking for an amazing makeup artist who will make you feel beautiful and special, then stop looking because Liz is your girl!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Heather · Married on 07/06/2018

Elizabeth was such a joy to work with! Not only is she an incredibly talented artist, but she is a wonderful person to top it all off. Myself and my bridal party were blown away with her work!! She was able to create stunning looks for all of us, which were individual to our own looks/features, while also maintaining a sense of natural beauty. The final product was the creation of an effortlessly gorgeous look for each one of us! I recommend her a million times over, she truly made me feel perfect for my wedding day!

On a logistical side of things, I would add that she is prompt, professional, and timely with all aspects of her work.

Sent on 07/12/2018
    Elizabeth Cook: Makeup Artist 9
    Elizabeth Cook: Makeup Artist 10
    Elizabeth Cook: Makeup Artist 11

Rachael · Married on 06/30/2018

I’m usually nervous to get my makeup done by anyone, because I feel like most makeup artists are heavy handed. Liz listened to exactly what I wanted and my makeup was flawless - didn’t budge in 90 degree humid weather, and still looked light and natural. Oh, and she’s super cool, too. HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 07/06/2018
    Elizabeth Cook: Makeup Artist 12

Hannah · Married on 06/23/2018

Absolutely everything about Liz and her work was truly fantastic! On the morning of my wedding, she traveled directly to our hotel suite to do my bridal makeup as well as makeup for my bridesmaids, mother and mother-in-law, and I honestly could not be happier with how everything turned out! Without much direction, Liz's work was simply stunning and somehow exactly what I had envisioned. All of our makeup stayed perfectly put all day [and night!] long as well. On top of the beautiful makeup, I cannot say enough about Liz's genuine and confident yet sweet and gentle personality that instantly put everyone at ease and made for such a memorable and enjoyable experience!

Sent on 07/03/2018

Amy · Married on 06/02/2018

Liz was amazing!!! She made the day so simple and somehow handled all of my crazy 9 bridesmaids! She was super easy to work with throughout the whole process and it pretty much all organized and figured out! She was actually the first thing I booked even before the venue, knowing how busy and awesome at makeup she is! I felt very beautiful and natural! So thank you so much I loved my makeup and everyone one of my bridesmaids felt and looked beautiful! Thank you Liz!

Sent on 07/31/2018
    Elizabeth Cook: Makeup Artist 13
    Elizabeth Cook: Makeup Artist 14
    Elizabeth Cook: Makeup Artist 15
    Elizabeth Cook: Makeup Artist 16
    Elizabeth Cook: Makeup Artist 17

Amy · Married on 12/30/2017

I cannot thank Liz enough for her amazing work. She truly made me look and feel beautiful on my wedding day. Liz used high quality products on my face which 100% lasted all day, even through all of my tears and dancing. I got many compliments and the makeup showed up beautifully in our photos. Not only did Liz make me look flawless, but she is a wonderful person to be around. She is extremely professional, responsive, and personable. Simply put, she is THE BEST!!!

Sent on 01/02/2018
    Elizabeth Cook: Makeup Artist 18
    Elizabeth Cook: Makeup Artist 19

Kelly · Married on 08/05/2017

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Liz! From her genuine passion, to her kind, calming, and funny personality, to her insane talent – she is a true wonder. I was BEYOND thankful to have her as my wedding makeup artist. Liz was highly recommended to me by my hair stylist, and as soon as I left the salon I frantically searched for her contact information and prayed that she had our wedding date available.

For someone who doesn’t wear much makeup (or know much about it in general), I felt extremely confident that Liz would know what to do with my face the moment I met her, and I was very right. At our trial run she explained all of the products that she was using & why she was using them, recommended lipstick brands & colors for the day of the wedding, along with other products, and proceeded to make me feel ‘naturally’ beautiful. I was stunned – I believe I referred to the makeup as “the pretty snapchat filter” – and didn’t think I could be surprised a second time on our wedding day.

Of course, I was wrong. My makeup was flawless yet again, and each of my girls looked literally INCREDIBLE, ALL DAY (I couldn’t stop admiring them!) – through the long morning, outdoor pictures, breaks, ceremony, dinner, dancing, and late late evening (I probably could have worn my eyelashes without noticing for days). As if I need to go on…Liz was extremely professional and accommodating all morning, she made sure we stayed on schedule (even after a late start on my part), and was truly a calming presence; she was probably the only one in the room who could make me giggle with all the nerves.

I truly couldn’t have been luckier to book Liz, and anyone would be insane to miss an opportunity to work with her.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Malorie · Married on 05/27/2017

Liz is simply phenomenal. I could not have asked for a better make up artist on my wedding day! Liz was referred to me by two of my hubby's cousins who said I "absolutely had to have her do my make up" and they were not kidding! Once we exchanged a few emails, I knew I had to book her! We then met for coffee to go over more specific details of my vision and how I wanted to look on my wedding day. She even gave me some referrals for on-location hair stylists, which worked out perfectly!

About a month before the wedding, she opened her home to my mom and me for a trial run of my make up. She used the best, most long-lasting products and walked and talked me through everything she was doing and why she was doing it. I was shocked at the end result!! She made me feel and look so beautiful and confident! And she did it again (and even better) on my actual wedding day! It was great that she was able to come to my mom's house, where we were getting ready. It was bright and early, but she was ahead of schedule and ready to make us look stunning! I received tons of compliments on my make up, and it lasted through the heat, the tears, the dancing, and everything else. My mom and some of my bridesmaids got their make up done too, and they loved her as well!

Setting aside her amazing talents with make up, Liz is also a super genuine, kind, and fun person! She was the perfect person to have in the room the morning of the wedding. She was such a calming presence and so fun to chat with! I honestly cannot say enough about her - she's amazing. I wish she could do my make up every day! I hope to book her in the future!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Katie · Married on 12/10/2016

Liz did an absolutely amazing job making me feel beautiful on my wedding day! Not only did I love her work, but my bridesmaids were also very impressed. Liz is extremely professional and makes you feel at ease. She truly went above and beyond in making my day special. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 01/15/2017

Sarah · Married on 11/05/2016

I was super fortunate to have met Elizabeth when she did my sister's wedding. I knew immediately I had to have her for mine. She was very professional and very accommodating. I live in Chicago and planned my "destination" wedding in Cleveland. It was not only easy to communicate with her, she was willing to work around my schedule when I happened to be in town! I am so happy with how beautiful she made me look and feel for my big day. She was so kind and easy-going, it really helped to set the mood on the day of my wedding. And we had a lot of fun too. Extra bonus, she provided my cousin with a contact she knew in Florida to do makeup for my cousins wedding last minute. I cannot say enough about my wonderful experience with Elizabeth!!

Sent on 12/22/2016

Dana · Married on 10/22/2016

If you want to have the best makeup artist in Cleveland for your wedding do yourself the favor and book Liz! Working with her was such an amazing experience. From our first meeting, my nerves were completely gone. I had all the faith in the world that she understood my desired look, and I already felt I made a great connection with her. The big day I was completely relaxed and had a blast getting ready with Liz. I felt like I was getting ready with one of my oldest girlfriends and we had the best time. Oh and she made me look even better than I could've imagined. Like I said do yourself the favor and pray she is availabe for your big day. Liz completely rocks and is a true artist!! XOXO

Sent on 12/22/2016

Alexandra · Married on 09/17/2016

Elizabeth is absolutely the best make-up artist around! Could not be more thrilled with how amazing everyone looked for my wedding. We felt like movie stars! She is a true artist and master of her craft. Elizabeth was a complete and total joy to work with, putting everyone as ease and giving each girl individualized attention for their specific needs. Working with her was one of the most fun parts of my wedding planning process! Can't say enough good things about her! :)

Sent on 07/03/2016

Elizabeth is a calming presence. She is an artist. I cannot say enough kind words about her as a professional and an artist. One of my favorite things about working with her was that I felt she listened to everything I said. She took my vague, ill-defined ideas and turned them into a look that I had literally been dreaming of. I am not a major "make-up person", and she respected that while applying beautiful make up. I highly recommend her without hesitation.

Sent on 09/07/2016

Jenny · Married on 08/07/2016

I felt so honored to work with Liz for my wedding. She is a truly renowned, professional, and incredibly talented makeup artist, for good reason! I was probably more nervous about finding a makeup artist I felt comfortable with than anything else about my wedding. My skin is super duper sensitive and super duper fair, and I wear very little makeup day to day. I've seen so many brides who just look so overly made-up and clown-ish on their wedding days, and I wanted to make sure to find someone who could make me look like myself, but just enhanced! Liz was absolutely that person. I felt so comfortable with her right off the bat. She is so professional, sweet, funny, and awesome to be around. As soon as I had my makeup trial, my worries melted away. On the big day, Liz kept the vibe so relaxed and warm. All my bridesmaids and both moms had the best time working with her, and by the way she made everyone look just STUNNING. Like, ridiculously stunning. I was so happy with how my makeup turned out, I felt absolutely beautiful and flawless, but still like myself all day and night. She is truly the best of the best!!

Sent on 08/26/2016
  • User7196906 · 2+ years ago

Elizabeth Cook is the Beyoncé of makeup artists. She is professional, approachable, and unbelievably knowledgable about her craft. I was lucky enough to secure her for my wedding. My wedding party raved about how wonderful they looked and felt. I felt incredibly beautiful and comfortable thanks to her magic. I recommend her to ensure beauty and joviality for any event.

Sent on 09/13/2016

Nicole · Married on 06/25/2016

Having Liz do my wedding day makeup is one of the best decisions I made! Liz did makeup for myself, my mother, sister, and bridesmaids and I have to say, all looked truly stunning. From the initial emails, to the trial, and the big day, Liz was nothing short of professional. She is amazing at what she does, and her passion truly shows in her work. She takes the time to get to know each client to make sure they look and feel their best. She is also such a sweet person, fun to talk to and a calming presence to be around on what is typically a hectic day. I can't recommend her enough!! Hoping that I can find another occasion to justify having her do my makeup again soon :)

Sent on 07/12/2016

Bridget · Married on 02/27/2016

Liz is amazing. I've always admired her work and from the minute wedding planning began I knew I wanted her to do my make up. She was completely professional, punctual, and a pleasure to be around. She made everyone in my party feel comfortable and took the time to really give each person the look they would feel comfortable in. I was coming from out of town for my wedding and Liz helped me find a hair stylist as well. I was nervous using a new hair stylist for the first time on my wedding day, but she was also perfect. Liz totally understood what I was looking for and made sure to recommend the right person. All and all, Liz is incredibly talented and can flawlessly create any style of makeup that you want. She works quickly while also giving everyone the attention they need and deserve. I couldn't have had a better experience!

Sent on 07/03/2016

Michelle · Married on 11/14/2015

Liz is not only very talented but such an amazing person inside and out. She's very professional and truly loves what she does and her work definitely reflects her passion! I have had my makeup done by her a few times and every time it was flawless! I will confess I am in the beauty industry and could have probably did my own makeup decent enough. But who wants to do their own wedding makeup?? No bride should! Liz puts everything on the table too so there are no surprises. I did a trial too which looked exactly how I wanted it for my big day! I can't say enough about her, if you haven't booked her already what are you waiting for???? ;-)

Sent on 01/09/2016

Danielle · Married on 09/19/2015

Honestly, I wish I could give more than 5/5 stars. Liz is an absolute GEM to work with! I found Liz through a photographer that I have worked with and follow on social media- all of the makeup looks in the photographs that I liked were all done by Liz so naturally I had to book Liz to do the makeup for my Mom's wedding September of 2015. She is beyond professional, on time and flexible to do any type of "makeup look" for anyone- light makeup, heavy, somewhere in between. My Mom and I received SO many compliments on how beautiful our makeup looked (we like somewhere in between light and heavy). The makeup lasted so well- all through the night- literally it stayed perfect even after dancing, etc. And maybe I shouldn't admit this but... mine was perfect the entire following day (I was too tired to wash it off- don't judge me, it was gorgeous!) So basically, book Liz. You'll have the best possible makeup and skincare AND you'll have a new friend as well!

Sent on 01/11/2016

jennelle · Married on 07/11/2015

Amazing! Liz is the absolute best at what she does! This review doesn't even do her work any justice! Incredible talent and such an easy person to get along with!

Sent on 08/04/2015

Adrianne · Married on 06/20/2015

Liz is truly amazing. She is talented beyond belief and such a wonderful person to work with. She instantly makes you feel like you have known each other for years. She listens and gives great make-up advice. She did my make-up for my wedding, engagement pictures and shower. Each time, multiple people complimented how beautiful and natural my make-up looked. She did my whole wedding party, mother and grandmother for the wedding, and everyone looked stunning. Liz works magic and cares for her clients. She was one of the best vendors I worked with throughout the entire process and hope that I get to use her again. Her talents are worth every penny!

Thanks Liz!
    Adrianne

Sent on 08/03/2015

Christina · Married on 11/15/2014

Liz was wonderful to work with! She was very accommodating with schedule changes and last minute changes. She made you feel comfortable and took her time with you. All the bridesmaids loved their makeup and it really did stay on the whole day. I would highly recommend Liz!

Sent on 12/22/2014

Elizabeth is an amazing make-up artist. I was very nervous about wearing a lot of make-up for my wedding, I'm very fair-skinned and didn't want to look like an oompa-loompa with too much bronzer that I see other make-up artists doing on brides. Elizabeth made me look absolutely beautiful- a better version of my natural self, just what I wanted on my wedding day! I got so many compliments specifically on how great my make-up looked. She also did the make-up for my 3 bridesmaids and my mother-in-law. They all turned out perfect, and they enjoyed being pampered as we got ready for the wedding. Elizabeth is professional, relaxed, so sweet & nice, always early & prepared for her appointments. She took what we learned from the trial run and gave me the perfect face for my wedding. She is definitely worth the investment.

Sent on 12/21/2014