Eliza Desch - On-Location Makeup and Hair Reviews

Eliza Desch - On-Location Makeup and Hair 3
Eliza Desch - On-Location Makeup and Hair 4
  • Jennie

Jennie · Married on 07/28/2018

I hired Eliza and her team to do hair and makeup for my San Francisco wedding in July. I live in New York and Eliza was super flexible on dates for the trial and coordinated around my visit. Throughout the entire process, she listened to my vision (offered her own professional input which was helpful) and I couldn't have been happier with my look on my wedding day. Her products are also amazing. There were a few tears during the day and my makeup didn't budge. Nor did my eyes look puffy or red. She also did my mom's hair and makeup and made her feel (and look!) gorgeous. Everyone looked like the prettiest versions of themselves without being overdone. Thank you Eliza!!

Hannah · Married on 04/28/2018

Eliza and her team were absolutely amazing and I would recommend them to anyone without hesitation. Working with Eliza was entirely stress-free; she is extremely professional and organized and I never worried for a minute that things wouldn't go smoothly. She reached out to the other vendors before the wedding to make sure everyone was on the same page about the schedule and she sent me a detailed schedule with everyone's start time. Eliza and her team were amazingly efficient without compromising quality in the slightest. We had six bridesmaids and two moms getting hair and make-up done before photos started at 1:30. Eliza and her team were right on time in the morning, did an incredible job with everyone's look, and we were all ready to go when the photos started!

I was also thrilled with how my hair and makeup looked. I did a hair and makeup trial a couple weeks before the wedding at Eliza's beautiful home studio. Eliza did an updo with clip-in extensions (I brought my own), and it looked incredible. A couple of hairs got loose in the hours after the trial and, when I mentioned this to Eliza, she knew exactly how to fix it. My hair stayed completely intact on my wedding day and looked great even after hours of dancing. I couldn't have been happier!

Extra bonus, if you play show tunes while getting ready, Eliza just might sing along with you :)

Eliza Desch - On-Location Makeup and Hair 5
    Eliza Desch - On-Location Makeup and Hair 6
    Eliza Desch - On-Location Makeup and Hair 7
    Eliza Desch - On-Location Makeup and Hair 8
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 10/28/2017

Great makeup and hair artist, and an even better person!

I've worked with Eliza on two occasions - once for our engagement photo shoot and again for our wedding. When I went searching, I was specifically looking for someone who did both women's hair and makeup as well as men's grooming since both occasions would require my husband and I to look our best. I'm so glad that we met and were able to work with Eliza. She's a true artist and was great to collaborate with. She was able to take my inarticulate vision for both our engagement shoot and our wedding (which we booked her for based on our positive experience from the shoot) and turn them into reality. Her work is beautiful and made me feel like my best self. She's warm and wonderful to spend time with, and the additional artists she brought in for our wedding were much the same. I would highly recommend Eliza to anyone looking for a makeup artist or hair stylist for any event.

Daniel · Married on 10/07/2017

Eliza was a dream to work with! She handled makeup and hair for me & my husband for our wedding (as well as our moms and sisters). She was able to capture the look everyone was going for and helped everyone feel relaxed on a pretty stressful day. Thanks, Eliza!

Alana · Married on 08/06/2017

I hired Eliza's company to complete the hair for my bridal party. Everyone was very pleased with the service - she was fun, kind, and brought music to boot! She even tackled some difficult hair with a smile and managed to fit in everyone on schedule. She listened to what each person wanted and was able to even re-create a hairstyle from Pinterest. Thank you so much for making my bridal party shine!

Elissa · Married on 09/09/2016

I can't even begin to describe how wonderful it was working with Eliza for my wedding. My wedding was literally a week ago and I couldn't wait to give her my raving review so I'm doing it now!

Not only are Eliza's makeup and hair skills incredible, she just has one of the most wonderfully calming yet fun energies I've ever met. While the bridal party and I were getting ready, Eliza fit in just as though she had been a lifelong friend. All my bridesmaids loved talking to her and loved getting their hair/makeup done by her.

I'm a very type A, very particular type of person, which Eliza probably realized from the moment we sat down for my hair/makeup trial. I had notes and changes that I wanted to see for the big day, and when the wedding day finally arrived, I felt completely safe and trusted being in her hands. The wedding hair was absolutely incredible and held up through hours of dancing way into the wee hours of the morning and the makeup was exactly what I wanted and it held up through more tears than I did.

Thank you so so so much Eliza! I wish we could do it all over again! And you know how much I don't want to do the whole wedding process again, so that is saying a lot! Thank you!!

Mala · Married on 07/10/2016

Eliza Desch -- just can't say enough about her. She’s truly an amazing artist and a pleasure to work with. My finance and now husband, found her online after hours of research and said, “I think you should call her”, after last minute attempts to find a makeup artist, and I could be happier.

After my trial session and engagement photo shoot three weeks before the wedding, I knew my nightmares of not finding an artist to do my hair and makeup were over. My bridal party and flower girls looked stunning. I just loved how my makeup blended with my skin tone and looked natural. The hair was a masterpiece. Thank you Eliza, you are the best!

Kim · Married on 07/02/2016

Eliza is the best! I chose her for my wedding hair and makeup and would highly recommend her. She's very skilled, professional and a pleasure to be around. She worked with me to find a look I loved (I am a minimalist makeup gal and she created a look that was gorgeous yet natural). Highly recommend!

Tracey · Married on 01/30/2016

Eliza did an amazing job on my hair and makeup for my wedding! She was a pleasure to work with and made the experience relaxing and easy! She made me look and feel stunning. Make up was so flattering, I wish she could do my makeup and hair for me everyday! She took years off my 46 year old face! :) Eliza, a million thanks! Tracey

Christiana · Married on 10/17/2015

Eliza was recommended to me by my day-of planner, and when I saw that she had worked on the wedding of one of my high school friends, I was sold! Both leading up to and on the morning of your wedding, you want someone professional, prepared and trustworthy. Eliza is all three. She asks the right questions and completely understands how to prepare your look to last all day and all night. I even changed my idea completely on the hair from our trial to the wedding, and she was still able to make me look flawless. Not to mention, the make-up and hair endured both San Francisco wind and hours of dancing.

Christina · Married on 09/26/2015

Eliza Desch is the best! Her and an assistant did the hair and makeup for myself, my 5 bridesmaids and my mother on my wedding day. From our first phone conversation, to my trial run, to my wedding day, Eliza was a true professional and an absolute joy to work with. Eliza listened to what I envisioned myself and my bridesmaids looking like and 100% nailed it. All of us looked natural and beautiful and our makeup and hair lasted all night long. I will always refer Eliza to any of my friends and family members. Thank you, Eliza!

Angi · Married on 09/19/2015

Eliza was an absolute dream to work with. She really took the time to listen to me and worked with me to get the look I wanted absolutely perfect. It was important to me to simply enhance my features naturally and that is exactly what Eliza did. I had so many compliments on my eye makeup and the best thing is that both my makeup and hair lasted the duration with minimal touch-ups (over 8 hours). Eliza is friendly, professional, personable but most importantly talented. Before I found Eliza I had contacted other make-up artists in the area and one had quoted me double what Eliza did. If you're looking for quality hair and makeup that doesn't cost the earth, look no further!

Eliza was so wonderful to work with. She is patient, enthusiastic, and fun. We all enjoyed being with her on our wedding day. Not only does Eliza have a great personality, she is professional and exceptional at what she does. I had only met with Eliza once before our wedding day (for hair and makeup trial), but felt so comfortable with her and trusted that she would create the perfect look for the wedding. She listens very well, which I truly appreciated. I could not have been happier with how everything turned out on the actual wedding day. Eliza also did hair and makeup for my mom, my husband's mother, and my dear friend, and they all looked absolutely beautiful for our wedding day.

Emily · Married on 05/30/2015

I was very on the fence about having a makeup artist for my wedding because it was quite the investment, because I don't wear much makeup, and because I'm very picky :) Upon meeting Eliza, all my worries were completely set to rest--she sets the precedent for professionalism, is unbelievably talented, and is the perfect side kick to have on such a big day. On the day of, Eliza exceeded all my expectations (along with all my bridal party members' expectations too!) and made me look and feel more beautiful than I ever have. I would recommend her to EVERYONE and know anyone who hires Eliza will be truly thrilled with their decision.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Eliza. She really listened and gave me a look better than I had imagined. My wedding party all felt great about their looks too; she made people getting hair or make-up done for the first time so comfortable, even my junior bridesmaids, ages 10 and 11, who she made look special for the occasion but still like little girls. The best part about Eliza is how easy-going and kind she is. She was with me all day on the day of my wedding, and her personality makes her feel like an instant friend. She's engaged but not intrusive. It really made our day to have Eliza with us and looking out for us.

Michelle · Married on 04/25/2015

Eliza made me feel like a movie star. Everything was perfect.

Regina · Married on 03/21/2015

Eliza was such a fun and professional makeup artist. She was so easy to work with and everyone in my bridal party enjoyed talking with her. Her makeup skills are extremely advanced and I looked gorgeous on my wedding day. Plus, she uses really good products, and my makeup lasted the entire day/evening. She was really easy to communicate with, and her online booking system makes it very easy to view your contract. She came to my house for the trial and we had a great time chatting and listening to music. I would definitely use her services again!

Molly · Married on 09/20/2014

I am so glad I chose Eliza for my wedding hair and makeup! Eliza was so easy to work with, from conceptualizing what I wanted to the execution day-of. I also must mention how competitively priced she is for wedding h / mu in the Bay Area / Napa.

The day of my wedding, we did h / mu outside our hotel room, surrounded by a flow of friends and family stopping by to say hi. She was unflustered by the constant in and out of well-wishers and happily answered makeup/hair/skin questions from aunts and neighbors etc while she worked her magic on me.

I had changed my mind at the last minute about how I wanted my hair, and she made me look even better then the inspiration pictures we were working off of. I wanted a very natural / romantic look and she achieved exactly what I envisioned. My hair and makeup stayed all night without issue, and photographed perfectly!

Beyond being incredibly talented at her craft, Eliza has a great calm energy and an easy laugh that will put any bride at ease. A+ !

Maria · Married on 09/19/2014

Eliza did my hair and make-up for my wedding last September. Her work was beautiful, the hair was perfect and she worked with me to make it look exactly as I wanted. Her make-up was flawless; it looked beautiful in person and photographed great. It looked so natural, felt great in my skin (I have very sensitive skin) and lasted all night. Having her do my hair and make-up for my wedding was the best decision ever.Before the wedding I looked around A LOT, believe me, I interviewed people, looked at their websites and had several quotes from other make-up artists. Eliza’s work was above and beyond any of my expectations. Simply wonderful. Her work ethic, commitment, experience and personality made my wedding day so so much relaxed and beautiful. She is extremely punctual, flexible and knowledgeable. If you are searching for a make-up artist, stop looking, I highly recommend Eliza!

Marie · Married on 06/28/2014

Eliza was amazing! She was professional and an amazing artist.

Danielle · Married on 05/24/2014

Eliza Desch and her team were absolutely phenomenal. They did hair and makeup for myself as well as my five bridesmaids, my mother, and my husband’s mother - an ethnically diverse group with a wide range in ages and styles. Everyone’s hair and makeup came out great - Eliza and team were happy to provide suggestions to those in the group without individual preferences and incorporated both generic and specific requests incredibly well into their work. In addition, she and her team are very fun to work with. Eliza also did hair and makeup for my engagement photos. Her work is excellent and consistent and I highly recommend her!

Alexis · Married on 05/03/2014

Eliza was amazing. For never have met me before my wedding she nailed my hair and makeup. Everything was soft and natural exactly how your wedding hair and make up should be. She is extremely talented and I feel lucky to have had her share my day. Thanks again Eliza!

Jacqueline · Married on 03/29/2014

Sorry it tookme this long! Eliza you and your team were amazing! Would recommend you to my friends without question.

Eliza was an absolute joy to work with--calm and professional, but also fun to chat with during my trial and on my wedding day. And, of course, her work is exceptional.