19 Reviews for Elite Yacht Charters

Cocktail Reception (1)
Hors d'Oeuvres (1)
Stations (1)
Cash Bar (1)

It was perfect! So low stress. Everything was taken care of for me. The food was exceptional. The drinks were good. The staff was great. So happy with my choice do host my wedding this way.

Photos
Profile Picture Kathleen, 4/28/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Event Planning, Dessert, Plated, Server(s), Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor

They were great and super attentive and were able to accommodate every need that we had. We had a couple people at the wedding who were gluten free and they made sure to provide a gluten free meal for them. DJ was great and the staff was wonderful! All of this was put together within two months! I would highly suggest a boat wedding! View of the Potomac was great!

Profile Picture Nat, 1/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved how intimate this venue was. National Elite yachts is the perfect venue for a small or mid size wedding and loved how modern their decor was. The staff was very attentive to all of our needs from the time we signed our contract and the entire 10 months leading up to our wedding.

Profile Picture Sharde, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thank you Emily Morgan and Elite Private Yacht Charters for making our Wedding celebration perfect! Our time aboard the Capital Elite created the perfect memory for us and our guests that we will cherish forever. Chef Matt was AMAZING and the staff aboard could not have been more sweet and accommodating. Even the Captain was heavily involved in making sure our needs were met. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our day perfect!

Profile Picture Jacob & Jason, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Charlie and I are seniors Getting married for the final time. Our goal was to provide our guests with something unique and memorable. Odyssey yachts was just the ticket. Emily, our coordinator, was fantastic, the food was delicious, and the staff was more than accommodating. Our guests had a wonderful, wonderful time. We are so glad we went with this option.

Profile Picture Vickie, 10/7/17, 1 Review
2.8

My guests love the whole venue, but the complaints that we received is the coordinator wasn’t professionally dressed for the occasion, she made no attempt to let the guests know the drinks that were available to them and she expected the guest who was in charge of decorating the yacht to help her do her job. Cups for coffee were provided at the bar and guests had to go downstairs to get their coffee. On a good note the chef was professional and every interaction with my guest was pleasant.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was a wreck leading up to my wedding day (most brides are), the staff was really calm and assuring. I am a bit of a perfectionist and they handled everything perfectly. The food was awesome, the staff was always right there making sure every moment was perfect for me. We will be having our anniversary event on this yacht as well. We had guest who came from the UK, Canada, Nigeria, and in the states. Everyone truly enjoyed themselves. Thank you so much for making our day one of the BEST ever!

Profile Picture Debronia, 7/29/17, 1 Review
4.1

Great unique venue and went off without a hitch!

Profile Picture Ankit, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you desire an intimate, classy, and enchanted environment to exchange vows with the love of your life. The National Elite is the place for you! The staff treat you like family, Heather my POC was highly responsive and it felt like a sister was helping me plan my wedding.

Maggie

Profile Picture Maggie , 5/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Take the time to talk and visit on-site with the Wedding Coordinator. Our coordinator, Heather Moore, was absolutely fabulous in helping us find just the right personalized options to ensure a memorable wedding event.

Profile Picture Fran, 2/17/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Indoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Buffet, Dessert, Outside Cake, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

I can't say enough positive things about the Elite Yacht Charters. Although it was expensive to charter the boat, the other fees were reasonable for the DC area, and having a smaller (under 50) intimate wedding allowed us to still have the elegant, non-traditional wedding I had envisioned.
Initially, Heather was very friendly, helpful, and accommodating in meeting with me to tour the boat a couple of times. When Elena took over with our planning since she would be with us on our wedding day, she paid excellent attention to detail. She was helpful and adaptable when we came early for our first look photos. She contacted all of my vendors, making my planning easier.
We were happy with the decision to hold our ceremony on board, for an additional hour before cruising. Elena organized the guests so that I had an 'aisle' to walk down and the DJ played our songs seamlessly. After our ceremony, we used the boat's internet radio, which was easy for planning and I'm thankful we didn't rent a DJ because a 3 hour cruise goes very quickly and it would have been a waste.
Dinner was excellent. We chose the buffet option. I was worried without testing the food first, but the staff made my husband and I our plates with every selection, and all options were good. Our guests kept telling us how great the food was as well. The staff was very attentive with clearing the tables of drinks and bringing new ones to our guests. They also brought cake slices downstairs to everyone after dinner.
Marquita was the main staff member on the boat to take over from Elena once we cruised. She was amazing as well. She periodically asked me what I needed and kept our schedule of events smooth.
Only one thing disappointed me slightly, and that was the fact that I had thought we would travel to the monuments. Apparently, the boat doesn't fit under the 14th St. bridge. I wish I had know it, but wouldn't have changed the venue over it.

Profile Picture Melanie, 1/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Outside Cake, Server(s), Event Planning, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Tables

Getting married on a boat is fun and amazing- but be prepared, because a non traditional venue has its own set of challenges (like bringing in your decor)!

Still, my guests had a great time and raved about the entire experience even when the weather wasn't cooperating.

The staff on the boat in particular were really great.

The only thing I found confusing was how many different people I was involved with over the entire process. For example, I thought I had one coordinator on the actual wedding day, and she was there for part of the time, but then another guy was the coordinator for the rest once the boat left the dock? But, this wasn't made clear to us at any point in advance so it came as a surprise because I had never spoken to him before.

Overall, though, they were great with my million questions in advance, working with our budget, and staying true to what we agreed in our contract and envisioned. It was really a beautiful and fun day and experience I will treasure forever. It is a lot of money, but we definitely got what we paid for--the food, especially cocktail hour appetizers, was great, and so was the open bar! The captain even let the kids steer the boat from their wheelhouse. The private yacht for just our friends and family, all in one place (no changing venues) was priceless, in my opinion-- especially with guests coming from all over the world getting a "tour" of D.C. in the background.

If you're also looking for a venue that will be very inclusive, and very little work for you on the wedding day, this is a great option. Elena and Jen were awesome, and I hope if you book with Elite that you get to work with them, too!

Profile Picture User7414170, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Entertainer
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Chairs, Tables, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Elena and Jennifer were wonderful. The entire experience was fabulous. My wedding ran smoothly and without issue. They anticipated our every need. They had wonderful ideas and suggestions. They listen carefully to what we wanted and surpassed our expectation at every turn. It was a fun, carefree, phenomenal day! All of our guest said it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to. Everyone said how marvelous the food was! The crew on the ship was amazing. I could not have asked for a better day!

Profile Picture Bonnie, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Party Supplies, Wedding Planning

We booked Elite Yacht Charters for our Wedding Reception and we could not be happier with the service and overall experience. From the moment we first met our reception coordinator we knew it was the right fit. Jennifer and Elena were both a pleasure to work with - being extremely upbeat, sensitive to our needs and had an extreme attention to detail. Especially when it counted the most she made sure we were taken care of and all of the details were met so we would not need to stress about them. Jennifer did not hesitate to go the extra mile when our desert caterer did not make the delivery. She dropped everything and drove in D.C. traffic to pick up our cupcakes and deliver it right as we were taking off from port. Her commitment to making sure we were happy and satisfied only was the tip of the hospitality and customer service the entire staff gave us. There was not a moment of the entire event we were not blown away by the staff aboard. Marquita was the Restaurant Manager on board and she was amazing! From the time we stepped foot on the ship we were greeted from each and every staff member with a warm welcoming smile that we could feel and see resonate to each and every one of our guest. They took the time and had the patience to deal with every single one of our guest with joy and happiness that was truly a beautiful experience for everyone to participate in. Not only was the staff a pleasant surprise to have aboard, but the food was phenomenal. We could not give enough credit to the chefs who served us with excellent tasting food along with well-timed service. Elite Yacht Charters truly went above and beyond our expectations and will be not only spoken about in high regards for years to come, but also will be remembered by our families and friends as making the already very special day that much better.

Profile Picture Vilayphone, 7/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

You can't go wrong by booking with Elite Yacht Charters. Negotiate for what you want. The services provided by their staff are great!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User6900145, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Buffet, Dessert, Outside Cake, Chairs, Tables, Event Planning, Indoor

My husband and I had our wedding onboard the National Elite Private Yacht sailing out of National Harbor, MD on August 30, 2014. First, I am incredibly critical and OCD, so a 4.9/5.0 is pretty much an off the charts review coming from me. Jennifer and Tegan were absolute perfection in assisting us with all the details and then running the show wedding day. They were responsive, helpful and accommodating from day one. We were (i.e I was) pretty high maintenance with special requests and they remained incredibly professional and made sure our requests were honored when permitted. There was only one request that could not be honored (hence the 4 1/2 stars for flexibility of the company).

We have zero complaints about any aspect of this wedding, and it was incredibly memorable for both us and our guests. Everyone loved the venue, and for those who did not want to commit 4 hours that evening, they were able to just attend the ceremony and leave before the ship set sail on the Potomac River. We had approximately 70 guests for the cruise and it was the perfect number. The ship could accommodate more, but I believe it neither felt empty nor crowded at this number. It did take quite a bit of time for everyone to get through the buffet, but nothing that was within the crews' control. This extended the time for our wedding events, so that we didn't finish the garter toss until about 30 minutes before we were back at dock! So it went by really fast for us and if I could offer one piece of advice for those who book this crew - add an extra hour of sail time and open bar if you want time to really celebrate with and enjoy your guests. It will be well worth it (though many non-party people did say it was just the right amount of time - so gauge your crowd).

It was a high-class wedding all around, and we have absolutely nothing but positive things to say about Jenn and Tegan and their fabulous boat crew. Fantastic memories!

Profile Picture Dusty & Brian, 8/30/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Excellent staff, extremely helpful. Everything went off without any issues.

Profile Picture Sally, 5/10/14, 2 Reviews
3.0

The dinner charter was pleasurable and the waiters were nice and courteous. Food was delicious. Yacht was 1 hour late and coordinator was not reachable by phone, neither the backup contacts.

View Vendor Response