117 Reviews for Elite Sounds Entertainment Group

Liability Insurance (2)
One Event Per Day (2)
Photobooth (1)
115 Elite Sounds Entertainment Group Reviews

Elite Sounds Entertainment Group could not have been any better! The communication between the DJ and us was exactly what I needed in order to stay sane throughout the whole planning process. I felt very reassured that everything we wanted was going to run smoothly on our special day, and it did! The DJ was incredible and very involved throughout the night in making sure things went at the times WE wanted them to. We also used their photo booth and I can certainly tell you without a doubt that it was a major hit with the guests! If I ever have another event where I would need a DJ, then I will be giving Elite Sounds a call! If you're looking for a company that clearly knows their stuff, then look no further!!!

Profile Picture Kailey, 6/23/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

My husband and I got married in June and we worked with Elite Sounds for our ceremony and reception and it was an absolutely fantastic experience. We originally met with Craig who runs Elite Sounds and then we worked with DJ Tim Gibson for our actual wedding day. They have an online system to help you organize what you want and need to plan for your wedding which was so incredible helpful- especially since we were planning from afar. You have the opportunity to submit the songs that you absolutely want played, songs you'd like played (if possible), and songs you don't want played. About five weeks before our wedding, we met with DJ Tim Gibson in person and discussed some more details about the wedding and he helped us formulate a timeline for the day. Tim had a ton of helpful suggestions, ideas, and recommendations which were so helpful. A few days before the wedding, we talked on the phone to run through any last minute questions. Then, on the day of the wedding, I (the bride) didn't have to worry about anything because Tim had it all covered. Tim had set up hours ahead of time at our venue. He ran the sound system for our outdoor ceremony. When pictures ran a little long post-ceremony, Tim helped us get back on track with our reception timeline. Tim played music during the cocktail hour and dinner. He recognized when guests were just about done eating so we could move on to cake cutting, first dance, toasts, etc. Then, when it was time to dance, Tim did a phenomenal job at reading the crowd and keeping the party going. I can't tell you how many people came up to me on the dance floor (in the middle of my wedding) to ask how we found such a great DJ- he was honestly just that phenomenal. Everything about them was great!!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We were so happy to have Elite Sounds for our wedding and Mickey was a fabulous DJ. He gave us real and meaningful suggestions for what he thought would work best, but he also listened to what we wanted. The dance floor was packed the whole night and he did a great job of reading the crowd. Our guests loved the music! We highly recommend Elite Sounds.

Profile Picture Megan, 4/21/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Nick from Elite was our DJ for our wedding, and we were thrilled!! He really listened to what we wanted (i.e. no cheesy wedding songs), and there was never a down moment on the dance floor. We heard from numerous guests that ours was the most fun wedding they've been to - we give all the credit to Nick. :)

They were very responsive & professional on top of it all. We had numerous meetings/calls with them, and they were fully prepared for the day. Great people - highly recommend them for any events you do!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 3/31/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We are a wedding venue, but I want to share our experience with Elite with as many couples as I can. After many years of searching for a DJ company to be in-house at our venue, we found Elite to be the most reliable and consistently professional company in Kansas City. For the past three years, we have had them as our in-house entertainment for couples and couldn't be more happy with how they have treated our clients. We enlisted Mickey (one of the Elite DJs) to be the Elite go-to contact for our client's events and he has gone above and beyond to create schedules and add memorable and unique elements in any way he can. Our clients share with us an overwhelming appreciation for his expertise and professionalism in handling the details of music at their event. Elite Sounds has been a wonderful business to work with and I wholeheartedly encourage you to consider them for your event.

Profile Picture Britney, 11/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Elite Sounds is amazing! I would recommend them to anyone! We met with Craig first, who was great and very easy to talk to and get along with and then our DJ for the wedding was Tim Gibson. We met a month before the wedding and went over all the details. He is very organized and wrote everything we said down on a word doc. He then communicated with my wedding coordinator and coordinator at our venue to make sure times and everything were correct! We met again one week before the wedding to review the material. Craig and Tim have never been to our venue before, so they actually took the time to go over there, check it out, and make sure their sound system would work OK. We greatly appreciated that! All of our guests were on the dance floor all night! They still talk about how great of a DJ Tim was! He listed to us and played the music we like and asked him to play as well as he took song requests from our friends and family that night. We would definitely hire Elite Sounds for any future events and highly recommend Tim Gibson as your DJ! Thank you SO much Elite Sounds for making our wedding night perfect!!

Profile Picture Megan, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We absolutely loved working with Mickey Beach and Elite Sounds! The team was extremely helpful, flexible and prompt with responses. We had some insane weather during our wedding reception, but Mickey rolled with it and made our day perfect. We're so appreciative of the amazing atmosphere he created and would highly recommend Elite Sounds.

Profile Picture Elle, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our first interaction with Elite Sounds was with the owner Craig. From that meeting we were confident we would be in good hands. He was super down to earth, and we were excited to work with his company. Mickey was our DJ for our wedding reception at River Market Event Place, and he was awesome! From the initial meeting to the final result. When we met with him he really seemed to understand the vibe and kind of event we were throwing, and communicated effectively with us! What a great company, and a great DJ! We were very pleased with the service, as were our wedding guests! Our reception was such a blast, thanks to Elite Sounds.

Profile Picture Heidi, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We debated getting a dj or using our venues plug in service and our own playlists. As soon as we met with Craig we knew we needed a professional. Every dime spent was beyond worth it. Our dj, Mickey, not only played amazing music all night but he guided the flow of the evening, was the emcee and routinely checked in with us. At our initial meeting Mickey also worked with us to make sure our timeline for the evening made sense and we felt so much relief knowing he'd be on site for the evening. If you're still looking or considering a dj, do it and do it with Elite Sounds.

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/29/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We highly recommend Tim Yach, Craig Loftis and Elite Entertainment! From start to finish, the process was seamless and extremely professional. We were planning our wedding from out-of-town (KC is my hometown), and they were super easy to work with via email and phone.

We worked with Craig to get things setup (we opted for a package with DJ service and uplighting). Craig got us setup with an online portal that was very helpful (it allows you to input the songs you would like played). The online portal was extremely helpful in that it also organizes the music for your wedding and reception. They even walked us through the parts we weren't familiar with (you can attend a dozen weddings and still not realize there's a different song for the wedding party vs. the bride and her dad walking down the aisle, or a special song for the cake cutting). Not only is the portal good for organizing things, but it also links to the songs to preview them and shows popular songs to make things easy!

They even schedule a call a week beforehand, which was nice, just to go over everything (we had a few minor updates).In addition, Tim and Craig were so thorough that they even asked me to pick the range of colors for our uplighting (I sent over a Pantone color chart)...wow, talk about attention to detail (didn't even have to ask)!

At the wedding itself, Tim was extremely professional. Our friend was our officiant, and Tim outfitted him with a wireless mic and also setup outdoors for our ceremony. At the reception, Tim made sure people were up and dancing. My husband and I aren't exactly pop enthusiasts, but Tim made sure to ask us the right questions ahead of time to make sure our tastes were met, while at the same time, ensuring our guests would be having fun and on the dance floor!

I would recommend Elite Entertainment in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/15/17, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

DJ Kenny did a fantastic job. He kept everyone on the dance floor and catered the music to all age groups. He did a great job playing music that everyone in our group with diverse music tastes entertained, and it was so much fun to see everyone busting out their moves!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/8/17, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

just be honest about your musical preference. i am very picky and kenny was awesome and willing to work with my neurotic ideas of what i loved/didn't like/refused to hear (looking at you, bruno mars!). kenny kept the party going and not once did we play a slow song. everyone was enjoying their time on the dance floor, including me. i didn't leave once--seriously. it was so much fun and we got several compliments from our guests about how the dance party never stopped. thank you kenny!

Profile Picture Ashley, 3/31/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Take the time to meet with Craig from Elite Sounds and see what they have to offer! They are an incredible value, have excellent DJs (who really know their stuff) and offer a variety of services from DJ to uplighting to photo booths. No pressure on sales and very flexible on payment. Our DJ really helped moved the night along and keep everything on track, and took a personal interest in our vision and requests for the evening.

Profile Picture Brooke, 2/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List

Meeting with Craig settled the decision of our DJ and we were not disappointed. He was so welcoming and is so knowledgeable and relatable. Tim was our DJ and he got everyone on the dance floor right away, and kept them dancing for nearly 3 hours! So much fun and we loved having him help keep us stress-free on our big day. Thanks Tim!

Profile Picture Christiana, 1/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had a great experience with Elite Sounds. Our first contacts with Craig were great and he was wonderful in providing us advice on how many uplights our reception space might need, etc. Our DJ was Kenny who was a really personable guy who we received countless compliments on throughout the wedding night and for days after! We had a blast dancing and he did a good job of balancing our favorites with general favorites to keep all kinds of guests on the dance floor. We had also rented the Photo Booth which people absolutely loved. I think we will get a copy of the Photo Booth strips to turn into our own special memory of the event. The person who came with Kenny to run the Photo Booth, etc. was also very kind and professional. They have a nice system to choose songs and to communicate to your MC how the events of the night will go.

I was really happy with our decision to go with Elite Sounds. I felt that they were excellent entertainment and that the price was very fair. I would advise anyone getting married to consider and have Elite Sounds as part of their big day.

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/15/18, 16 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

My entire experience with Elite Sounds was fantastic! We were matched up with DJ Ryan and we couldn't be happier! We had a tough crowd to please music wise - my side loves old country and loves to dance, but we didn't want to put his side to sleep. Ryan accepted the challenge with ease and had everyone on the floor! People danced so much their feet hurt the next day - this is definitely a good thing :). Not only will Ryan put on the most amazing mix of music, he is also the nicest man. Very professional and polite.
This company will not let you down! Thanks again Elite Sounds!

Love,
Laura & Sean

Profile Picture Laura, 6/4/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Tim Yach was my DJ and he did a fantastic job! He was able to accommodate all our requests, and kept the party going the whole night. My guests were dancing basically from the first moment we opened up the dance floor, until we had to shut the venue down.

Profile Picture jane, 5/28/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Mike W. was amazing!!! He was super flexible with anything we wanted, worked with us during the wedding to make sure things were flowing as planned, and never let any time go between songs (which was really important for us). Our ceremony song was a YouTube video, and that was no problem for him to convert it into a song and make it sound great! The music he played was a crowd pleaser and kept everyone of all ages dancing all night! I had several vendors drop the ball and cause chaos at the wedding, and I am SO glad we went with Mike so we didn't have to worry about a thing. Money well spent and one of the best decisions we made!!

Profile Picture Katie, 4/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

These guys are the BEST! Professional, super talented, and willing to spend time and energy to make the event awesome! I absolutely loved working with ESEG! From beginning to end, they were incredibly easy to work with and made the whole planning process so simple and enjoyable! Mike kept the dance floor full the ENTIRE reception, and sooooo many people commented on how fantastic our DJ was! I was so happy to have these guys on my team! Cant recommend them highly enough!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/9/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Tim was our DJ for our wedding. He did a fantastic job! My husband and I are not dancers, but Tim played great music and kept us dancing and having a great time. The dance floor was packed the whole night! We highly recommend Tim and Elite Sounds.

Profile Picture User6156402, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I got married at River Market Event Place, who have a contract with Elite Sounds. Naturally, we met with them and immediately hired them. They have surround sound and lights installed at RMEP, so the sound quality was perfect! We had Ryan as our DJ, and he was great in keeping our evening on schedule. We danced the night away, and it was fantastic!

Profile Picture Joanne, 8/8/15, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had DJ Kenny for our reception on June 20, 2015. He was GREAT!! We couldn't have asked for anything better. Kenny got all of our friends and family out on the dance floor and kept everyone dancing all night long. There was not a dull moment in the night. He was able to mix music in a way that got all of our friends and family of all ages out on the dance floor and dancing all night long. We had SO many family and friends tell us afterwards that our reception was one of the most fun they've ever been to! All thanks to Kenny and keeping the party going:)

Profile Picture User4875084, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Tim was our DJ for our wedding reception and he did an amazing job! We could not have asked for a better DJ! We met with him once before wedding and he really listened to everything we had to say. He had the crowd dancing all night long and was able to incorporate a few slow dances. He checked in with us a couple times throughout the evening and made sure our night went perfectly! He is very professional and we highly recommend Elite Sounds Entertainment for your wedding! You will be happy you choose them!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 5/30/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Elite Sounds Entertainment is by far one of the most professional & fun DJ companies in KC. We had Tim Yach as our DJ & he was absolutely great! He took our song suggestions & turned the reception into the dance party I had hoped we would have. I was a little nervous that people wouldn't dance very much at the wedding but boy was I wrong! The dance floor was packed with people I had never seen dance in my life! Even my now husband, who is usually pretty reluctant to get out on the dance floor, was out there dancing like I'd never seen before. We had so many guests comment on how fun our DJ was. Tim was great to work with throughout the whole process. He was very laid back & easy going while still being organized & professional. He helped the reception run very smoothly & kept things running on time. Tim Yach with Elite Sounds Entertainment is such an easy recommendation to make to other brides who are looking for a DJ who plays great wedding music without all the cliche things about wedding DJs. Thank you Tim for making our wedding reception so fun & working your magic at getting so many people on the dance floor & keeping them there! We had the best time!

Profile Picture Amy, 5/2/15, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Mike Watts was wonderful! He was professional but so fun! Everyone was dancing the minute he opened the dance floor. Thank you Mike!

Profile Picture User4060211, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews