Elevated Events Reviews

81 | Chicago, IL

81 Reviews for Elevated Events

Sammy · Married on 09/06/2014

Fun, professional and perfect is how I would describe MWES DJ! The platinum package is really where the party’s at. We loved that the lighting options with this package made our Chicago reception venue feel like our very own club. Patrick and Smooch were great at anticipating our needs and staying in touch with the staff at the venue allowing my husband and I to dance the night away.

Jan · Married on 08/30/2014

Top Notch Service

My husband and I were thrilled with our Dj Aly. She was so much fun and really on top of things for us. Our guests had a lot of requests that she was quick to play and everyone had a great time because of that. We also really appreciated how nice and elegant their setup looked. Everything looked like it was part of the room with the spandex coverings and façades over their equipment. Their lighting package was icing on the cake!

Lauren · Married on 08/23/2014

I couldn’t be more excited to review this company! The décor services provided for our wedding were just beautiful. We used their lighting services to give our reception a warmer, more special look and feel. With the additional hanging light up lanterns the room looked magical. They were also able to provide us with a white dancefloor with our initials on it. During our planning process I saw this in so many photos and knew I had to have it. I am so glad we went with it since it was even better in real life then I had ever imagined. These little touches had our guests complimenting our reception all night long. My husband and I had beautiful pictures and memories!

Dedra · Married on 08/09/2014

I can’t say enough about how great this company was as our deejay. We had an older crowd and they were completely able to gauge our guests and keep everyone dancing and having fun. My parents were worried (before actually meeting our deejay) that our relatives would have a hard time having conversation and dancing to music that they know, but after meeting John, they were put immediately at ease. The reception couldn’t have gone better and it was so much fun to see our entire family having such a wonderful time.

Angela · Married on 08/09/2014

We used Midwest Event Solutions décor, dj and photo booth services. I wish I had contacted them sooner. Once we did, they really simplified the planning process for us. We had a pretty long first meeting with them after we initially booked to go through what we wanted (our ceremony and reception were both in the same venue and it needed a bit of help to look like we wanted), but after that we knew we were taken care of. Both my husband and I, as well as Patrick and his staff, would check in every once and a while to make sure things were coming along fine, which was great! Midwest was very good about getting in touch with our venue and organizing things for us on that end. We understand how busy wedding companies are and still we felt like their number one priority. At the end of our wedding day, we were so happy with our beautiful décor, GREAT dj and very fun photo booth. What wonderful memories we have to share!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Alice · Married on 08/02/2014

I found MWES here on The Knot and what caught my eye were all their pictures of the brides having fun at their receptions. I knew I wanted that same experience! After our initial meeting with Patrick, the owner, he presented us with a few options for DJ’s that fit our requirements (someone fun that could be involved in the evening without being cheesey). Aly was perfect for this; she understood how to interact with our guests completely. Everyone was great! We’ve already recommended them to one of our friends.

Brian · Married on 07/26/2014

I loved this company’s DJ service. Their selection of music throughout the night was perfect for our reception. We didn’t give them much guidance, only filled out their “do not play” list and gave them a couple of genres of music we liked. We heard everything we liked and then some. Aly was really great at making announcements to let our guests know what was happening and when. My husband and I both felt their personal service and that Aly really cared about making sure things were perfect. We appreciated the attention!

Cynthia · Married on 07/05/2014

We initially booked Midwest for DJ service and were excited to see how cost-effective décor could be if we booked through them as well. The more services we added, the more they were able to work with us. They really made sure our budget was being used fairly; my husband and I never felt like we were being upsold on things we didn’t need or want with DJ or Décor. Patrick was kind enough to offer their photobotoh service at an extraordinary price when all was said and done. A great company that will work with you especially when booking multiple services. No catch here; these guys are just great!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Rachelle · Married on 05/24/2014

Patrick’s (the owner) ability to understand what we wanted our venue to look like was spectacular. We really wanted a unique feel for our outdoor wedding and he was able to bring that to life for us. Our reception felt intimate and special, not generic and pre-planned. This company was also great at working within our budget and providing us multiple options to choose from. My husband and I really got to be involved in the planning which was really fun to do together!

Samantha · Married on 04/12/2014

This deejay company was perfect. My guests said they have never danced so much at a reception. We had some bridal games and some friend wedding traditions done and the deejay was great at announcing them, the rules and encouraging everyone to get involved without being cheesy. John was the deejay and he seemed really able to read our crowd and played exactly what our guests wanted to hear.

Silvia · Married on 03/22/2014

We used all three of Midwest Event Solutions’ services: dj, photobooth and décor. What stood out the most to us was the entire company’s customer service focus. Not only were the people that we planned with helpful and accommodating, the staff that worked our wedding were so friendly, helpful and trustworthy. Even their photobooth attendant made sure my husband and I were having a good time. The dj acted as an mc for the night, coordinating everything with the servers and hall so all my husband and I had to focus on were each other and celebrating. It was so reassuring to know everything would be taken care of. We went into our wedding day without a doubt that everything would go as planned. That was priceless.

James · Married on 02/14/2014

MWES décor was beautiful. They were instrumental in helping us realize our vision and feel for our reception. Not wanting to have our reception in a typical banquet hall, but being a little constrained by budget, they made our room feel like our own and not a generic hall. Patrick was great communicating between my husband and the venue, keeping us in the loop when necessary. We have already recommended this company to my sister-in-law for her wedding.

Sent on 10/19/2014

Jane · Married on 01/11/2014

Great Job
    We went with Midwest for DJ and couldn’t have been more pleased. We spoke with several companies that gave us the runaround and weren’t straightforward in giving my husband and I all of the information we were looking to receive. We appreciated this company’s thoughtfulness with our inquiries and time. There are a lot of DJ companies to choose from that all provide pretty equal services, but this company’s customer service won us over. Thanks again.

Sent on 10/18/2014

Lisa · event on: 12/15/2013

They played our playlist and took requestes from the guests!!! The lights they provided made the dance floor come alive! Exellent service and the price was very reasonable. Will continue to use Midwest Event Solutions for all my party needs!

Sent on 02/24/2014

Brittany · Married on 12/14/2013

Midwest transformed our ceremony and reception spaces into everything I've ever dreamed of. We wanted to create a warm, holiday feel since it was that time of year, with all silver and gold. They did a great job with fabric draping, lighting, crystal chandeliers, pine trees, light strands, room lighting; I could go on forever! It was breathtaking. I will never forget the moment when I stopped to look at the rooms all done. It was absolutely perfect. From planning, to execution, this company delivered on their promises, creating a more beautiful space than I ever imagined a plain ballroom could be!

Kathryn · Married on 12/07/2013

We used Midwest after finding them on the Knot. This company was everything they seem to be: honest, straightforward, a lot of fun and GREAT DJ's. They were the perfect blend of respectful, professional, and fun/easygoing during the reception. The dance floor was packed all night and our guests are still talking about how great of a reception it was. It was wonderful to feel at ease during the whole process and know everything would be perfect on our wedding day.

Lisa · Married on 12/06/2013

This company did a great job on our reception decor. We used Midwest for uplighting, pin spots and got their bridal monogram. We also used them for our photo montage, which they did a wonderful job creating.

My husband and I have zero complaints about their decor service. Patrick and his staff were great at helping us create the right atmosphere for our room using lighting. The bridal monogram was icing on the cake! Everything was set up on time and gave our room a more unique feel that matched our day.

We had them create our photo montage and it was breathtaking. Really cool to see our history as a couple on the big screen and they made it so easy on us. We now have another beautiful keepsake of our lives together. I highly recommend this company.

J · Married on 11/09/2013

Wonderful service! The DJ provided a fun, celebratory atmosphere; our guests never stopped dancing. The décor transformed our ceremony & reception.

They provided us with DJ service and Decor for our ceremony and reception. Midwest transformed our everyday banquet facility into the wedding of our dreams. Our ceremony was incredibly beautiful with fabric and lighting. our reception room matched the look and feel of our wedding; it felt as if the room was designed for us!

John, our DJ, was the perfect host for the evening. Leading announcements, special dances and some surprises, he was able to sense the feel for the evening and provide a wonderful atmosphere.

Victoria · Married on 10/19/2013

I discovered Midwest Event Solutions through a friend. No joke. They do it all! Photography, Videography, and DJ services. Patrick, the owner, is one of the nicest people you will ever meet and he's very flexible for scheduling set up meetings. For our wedding, Patrick was our videographer at the ceremony and our DJ and the reception. As of now, I haven't seen the videos from our weddings, but I can comment on how great Patrick was as a DJ. He kept the partying going all night long. He played my friends' favorite song first and it really just set the mood for the rest of the night. It was like we were at a bar and not a reception hall. For photography, we had Aly. She is just great. She knows her stuff and is fun to work it. We first did an engagement shoot with her and the pictures turned out wonderful. We used a couple of them for our save the dates. On the day of the wedding, she was very much in control, without being demanding. I've seen the photo proofs and I am simply amazed that she makes me look so photogenic. So many great photos from the ceremony and reception. Our second videographer was named Smooch. I met him on the day of the wedding, but really? Can you go wrong with someone named Smooch? I don't think so. Overall, I was very impressed with Midwest. Great product and a great price!

Sent on 12/04/2013

Julia · Married on 10/05/2013

Midwest Event Solutions saved our wedding. We were two weeks out from our wedding and our DJ cancelled on us. We had remember them from a wedding we were at recently, so we got their number from our friends and gave them a call.

They were so helpful from the moment we got in touch with them. They setup a meeting with us the day we contacted them to go over everything. Even though we were working with a very short time table they got us everything we needed and made us feel very at ease that our event was going to go off without a hitch.

I have to say after our reception last night they nailed it. You couldn't tell that they were brought into our special day only two weeks before. They kept our evening on schedule, made sure all of our music was played, and kept our friends and family dancing all night.

We have to say Thank You! Aly you were great with our event. We cant wait till our next friends wedding to see you guys again.

THANKS!

Kate · Married on 09/07/2013

We couldn't have asked for more with Midwest Event Solutions at our wedding. There Dj's , John and Tiffany were so professional and unobtrusive, while knowing when to check in with us and being extremely attentive, like give us a heads-up when some of the special songs we requested were going to play. They knew what music to play to make sure our guest were having a lot of fun by playing great music to keep the dance floor packed all night.

We picked Midwest Event Solutions because of their philosophy to play good music and stay out of the way, which is what we were looking for. They are professional in the way they go above and beyond in doing there jobs, but dont take the spotlight away from us. They avoice the cheesy stuff that many of the other Dj's we looked at did. They kept the focus on my wedding and the music my guest wanted to hear not what they wanted to play. They knew when to change up the music and moved on from the songs my guest were not dancing to.

During the planning process they took the time to learn about us as a couple, our likes and dislikes and it paid off at the reception.

We would highly recommend Midwest Event Solutions to anyone!

Sent on 09/12/2013

K · Married on 09/07/2013

We would highly recommend Midwest Event Solutions to anyone!

Sent on 02/16/2014

There isn't a single thing I can complain about regarding Midwest Event Solutions. Tiffany was a great DJ, keeping everyone involved in our reception dancing and having fun all night. We had sent her some last-minute song changes/requests the night before that she added in without problem. She was so personable and professional as well the whole evening. She really understood when to be professional when announcing (like our entrances), but was able to have more fun MCing and announcing our Dollar Dance. Everything throughout the entire process was perfect and better than we expected.

Sent on 02/16/2014

Midwest Event Solutions was a fantastic company to work with for our wedding and reception. Their team was fantastic, going above and beyond to make our wedding go smoothly. The day of our wedding we had issues with the ceremony site's sound system. Without hesitation, John (our DJ) and his crew went to work fixing the problem for us when the ceremony site couldn't. We were incredibly thankful we hired Midwest. They went above and beyond the whole night for us.

Sent on 02/16/2014

Midwest Event Solutions was the 4th DJ company we met with. My husband and I were immediately at ease with them and didn't feel like we were being given a sales pitch. Talking with them was wonderful and at no point did we feel as if we had to book with the company then and there or we would lose all this value. Patrick was very straightforward in his presentation and when my husband and I told him what we were considering we had an honest conversation about cost. Patrick did his best to work with us to find ways to get the things we wanted to have at the reception.

The day of our wedding was just as wonderful. We never had to worry about a single thing. Everything went perfectly as planned and my guests are still talking about how much fun they had. I would highly recommend this company to anyone!