Elegant Occasions Catering Reviews

41 | Martinez, CA

41 Reviews for Elegant Occasions Catering

Chris · Married on 08/21/2010

My wife and I had a great experience with Elegant Occassions. Not only were the prices reasonable, but the food was great. Our wedding was 4+ months ago and we are still receiving compliments on the food. Gina was also great about making sure my wife got a moment to eat despite being busy with a thousand of other things.

Sent on 01/10/2011

Lucia · Married on 08/07/2010

I have worked with Elegant Occasions several times in the past two years. The service is excellent, food is delicious with large portions and presentation is lovely. They have been extremely flexible and accommodating to my particular needs. Customer service is a priority for me and they exceeded my expectations. I will use Elegant Occasions for my next catered event.

Sent on 08/30/2010

Kate · Married on 06/08/2010

Elegant Occasions was provided the food for my wedding. Everything is laid out perfectly in front of you. Guests told us that the food was amazing. I worked with Robert and he was fantastic. I highly recommend this caterer.

Sent on 06/25/2010

Sara · Married on 04/18/2010

Elegant Occasions was absolutely wonderful when they catered our wedding. They took care of all of our needs and made sure that all of our guests were happy and well served. The food was delicious, we ended up taking some extra with us! They made our entire event run smoothly and I felt very well taken care of throughout the entire day. I couldn't be happier with their services and I would love to use them again.

Sent on 08/26/2010

christine · Married on 10/24/2009

I used Elegant Occasions for my daughter's October 24, 2009 wedding. Robert was wonderful. He helped us plan a beautiful reception. He listened to us and made sure everything went smoothly. The food was excellent. The flowers and decorations beautiful. The DJ kept the party moving. On the day of the wedding all I had to do is show up and enjoy. I would use Elegant Occasions again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/27/2009

Cinthy · Married on 09/26/2009

We use Elegant ocaasion for our wedding and we wanted to thank them for their amazing work catering !
    Their team did a fabulous job and were the talk of our families !!
    Everyone loved the meal, especially the appetizers.... my french family even said it was the best meal they had since they arrived in California !!!
    Their excellent meal was thoroughly enjoyed by all and their staff members were attentive and efficient !
    In addition, I really appreciate them coming up to us and asking if we needed anything (drinks, etc) and telling us to let them know if we wanted anything else. It was nice to know they were there keeping an eye out for us.
    I could have not wish for a better caterer !
    Their meticulous planning paid off and ensured the event progressed seamlessly.
    They made it all run so smoothly, it was a wonderful experience

Sent on 11/05/2009

Cristen · Married on 06/20/2009

Elegant Occasions was so reasonsably priced and you get so much in your package. Everything is laid out in front of you so there are no surprises. It took so much stress away from my planning. I worked with Gina and Robert and they were fantastic. They truely know what they are doing.

Sent on 07/07/2009
  • Mrs.Crudale

Jessica · Married on 06/20/2009

Amazing Amazing Amazing!!!!! They recently catered our backyard wedding reception and the guests all RAVED about the food.... so delicious and well prepared. The display was beautiful!!! Gina is the best, she helped me coordinate and decide on all our wedding furniture rentals and our menu. They have been in this business a long time and they know what they are doing. The day of, Gina acted as our coordinator and helped make sure everything went smoothly, even during the ceremony! We couldn't have done it without her. She made sure the bride a groom were happy and brought them whatever they needed. Just FABULOUS!!!! Highly recommend to ANYONE!!!! Very nice and professional staff!

Sent on 07/09/2009

Matthew · Married on 04/04/2009

Elegant Occasions catered several events for my high school, the most important being our Senior Prom. I was astonished with the presentation as well as the taste of their food. Everything looked beautiful and tasted delicious. The employees were kind and helpful to all of the attendees and I don't think a single kid left the event disappointed. I would hire them again in a heartbeat and highly recommend their services to everyone.

Sent on 08/29/2010

Hillary · Married on 10/17/2008

This is a top notch company. They make you feel like part of the family. The service is outstanding. The attention to detail and amount of support that Gina & Bob give is well beyond any other catering company. The food delicious, they ensure that everything runs smoothly. They made our day stress free. We would not hesitate to recommend them for any event.

Sent on 04/02/2010
  • Z

Melanie · Married on 06/30/2007

Great food, exceptional service from the entire catering staff, and beautiful displays at the reception. Cost is great, their per person cost covers cake cutting, linens, tableware, beer & wine, and of course, the food. Many different menus are available, and they are very flexible on doing substitutions and additions to whatever menu you select. We still have people tell us that the food was the best they had ever had at a wedding!

Sent on 07/31/2008

claudia · Married on 08/13/2005

We loved working with Elegant Occasions....they took really good care of us. They set up the entire location - chairs, tables, centerpieces, favors ....they helped the event run on schedule and even though we did not use their centerpieces or cake, they worked great with our cake person to set up the table and they set up all our centerpieces as we had requested. They were very professional and the food was yummy!!!!!

Sent on 09/23/2008
  • User4994130 · event on 01/23/2015

Elegant Occasions Catering, was fast and efficient. I had high level people to impress and she did not let me down. I would use them over and over again.

Sent on 04/20/2015

Margo · Married on 10/07/2017

I can't imagine an easier catering company to work with for a wedding, and their price was really, really impressive. Gina talks fast and whips her way through questions and decisions and all of a sudden, your wedding is half planned. She and Chef Robert are so friendly and even though they must do a hundred weddings a weekend (ok maybe not) they seem to genuinely care that your day is special and stress-free.

It was a huge weight off our shoulders that Gina also works as a day-of coordinator, setting up decorations, communicating with other vendors, and troubleshooting any issues that arise. And I couldn't believe how big their staff is! When we arrived to set up at the venue, it seemed like a whole army was bustling around setting up all the tables and prepping food. And they all had the same friendliness and work ethic. When we were taking post-ceremony photos during the cocktail hour, someone swung by to ask us our drink orders and brought us a plate of appetizers. When we forgot to grab champagne glasses for the toast, someone ran off to make sure they were at our table when we sat down.

There were so many details to keep track of, but knowing that Gina was keeping track of them too made things less stressful. So grateful for all of their help!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Maura · Married on 10/11/2008

3.5

The food was fantastic, and they were very organized and professional. A few miscommunications about meeting times and a refund check, but overall great! We liked that the tip was already included.

Sent on 11/05/2008

Gary · Married on 05/27/2016

3.5
      1.0
      2.0

When my fiancé and I selected Elegant Occasions, several months ago, we would have given Gina and her organization a "5" for being on top of it - fast, good communication, ironing out the details of our wedding and dinner, which was to be later this year. Once the contract was signed, that was it.

Ran into immediate difficulties with our venue, and were unable to have the wedding we wanted. Gave Gina a heads up that we were trying to find another venue for our date, but it didn't look good. Gina was quick to share with us that we would lose about half of our deposit if we cancelled. We kept in contact with her, assuring her that cancelling was the last thing we wanted to do. Her reply, "That's too bad, let me know what you decide to do." I didn't expect her to offer up a counseling session, and I understand she is busy with her business, but we're both middle aged adults, and after 50 years, this date and event was was really important to us. Show some humanity and compassion. We searched and could not find a venue to accommodate us on this date in October - Gina refused to work with us on another date to fulfill her contract, though we could do it. Short story, she kept about $800 of our deposit, and she was now free to take another event on "our original day". Way to go, Gina! You made money off not providing a service, and have a free day now!

Sent on 06/22/2016