Elegant Occasions Catering Reviews

42 | Martinez, CA

42 Reviews for Elegant Occasions Catering

• Alona

Alona Frenilei Batulan · Married on 09/15/2019

Best Catering Vendor Ever!!!!!!!!!!

Let me start by saying Gina is AWESOME and the food Chef Robert prepared was so DELICIOUS. All our guests couldn't stop raving about how good the food was. From the appetizers, main entree, donut wall, and even bar drinks were all perfect when it comes to taste. In addition, the service was so great. Their team knows what they were doing and no wonder they are one of the suggested vendors from our venue. They are so organized and very attentive. One guest also mentioned that they are very clean since they don't let all the dirty plates sit on the tables. I also want to mention how touched we were with all the things Gina did for our wedding. Our event coordinator backed out last minute and guess who saved the day???Gina did!!!!!!!!! She took over and made sure that everything is going to be alright. She was very meticulous with all the details and because of that, everything was flawless. During the reception, we felt how much she cared for us by constantly checking if we were okay or if we needed anything. She made sure everything was going according to plan. We will choose Elegant Occasions over and over again. We highly recommend them and we assure you that you will never ever regret choosing them.

Sent on 09/27/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Tam · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing Quality Food and Service for Our Wedding

Gina and the Elegant Occasions team are wonderful!! My husband and I got married at the Garden at Heather Farms last month and they did an amazing job! They were on the recommended vendor list and we picked them because of their wonderful reviews from past clients. We couldn't have asked for more from the team. We had 2 meetings prior to the wedding day in order to coordinate and discuss things like menu, appetizers, linens, schedule, etc. Gina has so much experience with catering weddings, and has lots of great advice and tips regarding other wedding things too. We had the tri tip carving station as well as the shrimp tower for appetizers and our guests raved about how great the food was. Gina also regularly checks in with you in order to ensure that the bride and groom get well fed and are hydrated throughout all the wedding day craziness too. The flower displays that the team sets up to complement the food displays were beautiful as well. I can't say enough about the quality of food and service from Elegant Occasions. I'm so glad I went with them for our wedding. I highly recommend Elegant Occasions for your wedding or event and believe that they're worth every penny!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Kelly · Married on 10/20/2018

The BEST out there!

Gina and her crew are FABULOUS. The best there is! They shower you with kindness and comfortability ensuring that every morsel of goodness they cook is exactly how you’d like it to be. And the food is outstanding! My guest said you rarely notice food at wedding, but Elegant Occasions served the most delicious wedding buffet they’d ever had. From stellar communication, to tastings, to making sure we had whatever we wanted the day of, Elegant Occasions is hands down the most positive experience I have ever had with a caterer in my life. This is a family-owned third generation business with some of the kindest, most talented culinary crew out there. They take all the stress out of planning and make sure you big day is beyond delicious.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Daphne · Married on 09/01/2017

There aren't enough good things I can say about Elegant Occasions & Gina. Working with them was one of the easiest decision we made - not only do they provide the food, but they also provide linens, tableware, servers, and bartenders and alcohol (but you can provide your own booze and get a discounted rate), all included in the total. When I was comparing other caterers, choosing Elegant Occasions was a no-brainer. We also asked them to make the cakes, and the carrot cake in particular was a HUGE hit!
    Everything went very smoothly - we provided our own alcohol, but Elegant Occasions made sure it got to the venue. I planned most of the wedding myself, and thanks to Gina's knowledge of our venue, she helped guide me through a great deal of the planning process. The day wouldn't have gone nearly as well without her input.
    On the day of the wedding, her staff was professional and attentive and Gina herself was onsite to oversee it all. They made sure we had food to eat and a drink in our hand at all times, which I know is a rare thing for the bride and groom on their wedding day. And the food was simply amazing - it's not often that guests rave about wedding buffet food, but all we've been hearing are compliments (in addition to the carrot cake, I can also personally recommend the wasabi horseradish and the onion cheese canape!).
    We would hire Elegant Occasions for all future event needs in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Jean · Married on 08/12/2017

i highly recommend Elegant Occasions Catering. The value was amazing, but more importantly the food was fantastic, with many choices, all expertly delivered. I did all the planning as my daughter lives out of town and was overjoyed at the support during the planning stages and the execution the day of. My guests are still raving about the great food and the friendly service. I wish i had another wedding to plan because i would love to work with them again. The BEST Caterer in the East Bay!!

Sent on 08/26/2017

Alyssa · Married on 07/01/2017

Gina and her team were absolutely amazing! We got married on September 23rd and we had the most beautiful wedding all thanks to Elegant Occasions. The food was amazing we had about 220 guests we had tri trip, chicken, a beautiful vegetable display, fruit and her delicious blue cheese candied walnut salad which was the best salad I ever had and I don't even like blue cheese. We went with the 6 hour open bar which was a big hit. We also had grilled cheese sandwiches as our late night snack! Gina's attention to detail is unbelievable; she locks in and delivers every last request. We brought her our decorations and she did an outstanding job and did exactly what I dreamed of without me even telling her. Her staff is super friendly and very attentive. By the time our wedding day came I felt like I was best friends with Gina because she has a super friendly and fun personality. The pricing for what you receive is very reasonable and worth every penny! Gina thank you so much! Book far enough in advance because she is extremely popular and I know why! :)

Sent on 11/03/2017
  • Ali

Ali · Married on 06/17/2017

Gina and her team made the most delicious food at my wedding. The presentation of the food was so beautiful. My guests could not stop raving about it! She also made sure me and my husband were fed and happy with everything... and we were!

Gina and her team are AMAZING. Gina has many years of experience, is very organized and made things very easy on my end. Gina was SO helpful throughout the entire planning process. She went above and beyond my expectations. I could not have been more pleased with her service! 10/10

Sent on 06/25/2017

Mari · Married on 11/18/2016

Best in the trade. Gina was very patient with us while we were figuring things out. She was able to accomodate the things we wanted such as having the photobooth indoors, and having a variety of drinks at the bar. She also suggested adding our freshflowers to the cake to make it look nicer, which is something I wouldnt be able to see until later on since i wasnt around to accept the delivery. Also got compliments how the food was tasty and packed up our leftovers. Her team also stopped by during our photoshoot to have us taste the appetizers. Then at dinner, Gina made sure we got our food and drinks. Would select her again for catering needs. She also took charge of our timeline and made sure clean up was done. My husband likes Gina a lot, like a mother and her staff was friendly and also easy going the day before when he dropped off the things for our wedding. Thank you Gina, chef Robert and the whole team. Even our friends/family love you guys! - Maria and Jonathan #jamlee16

Sent on 12/04/2016

Katy · Married on 11/12/2016

My guests have not stopped talking about not only the delicious food from our wedding (SOOO good!), but also the superior service they received from the catering staff! Every last employee went above and beyond. Gina and Chef Robert made my day so seamless and I was able to enjoy every last detail. Really, Elegant Occasions is way more than just a caterer. They take care of everything! Gina had solutions to all of my concerns about how the night would flow and didn't bat an eye when I made a huge change a month before the wedding. Another huge plus is that we were able to provide all the wine & beer ourselves and EOC discounted our price accordingly, since our venue limited the alcohol we were allowed to serve onsite. We also dropped off all our reception decorations & details beforehand and it was set-up perfectly and just how I had dreamed it would be on our big day. They provided additional tables and linens past what our venue could provide and had suggestions for where/how to set-up everything. I would have been lost without them! Run, don't walk to book this vendor.

Sent on 11/28/2016
  • F

Fiona · Married on 10/29/2016

What can I say about Gina and Elegant Occasions that hasn't already been said in other reviews? They were the first caterers that we had a meeting with, and they were the last. After meeting with Gina and tasting the food, we knew that we had to book with her. My husband and I were getting married at Heather Farms and Gina does so many weddings there that she knows it like the back of her hand. She asked so many questions and she really got the feel and vibe that we were going for. She effortlessly dealt with my many questions throughout the process, and truly kept me at ease. She was also really flexible and accommodating to our guests with dietary needs as well as keeping the price right. Our wedding was seamless!!! We had so many compliments on the food from all our guests. Everyone loved it. The best part was that Gina continuously checked in with me and my groom to make sure that we had enough to eat/drink and that things were running smoothly. She even sent people down with appetizers while we were still taking pictures! When I walked up, she had our signature drinks in her hand and she had been coming to find us. BOOK WITH ELEGANT OCCASIONS!!!!! You will NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 11/02/2016

Julie · Married on 05/29/2016

I had read the positive reviews about Elegant Occasions online and was impressed. They are a preferred caterer at The Garden at Heather Farm, where my daughter had her wedding reception. The first time I talked to Gina, I liked her positive attitude. Now a week out from the wedding, I am so glad we chose to go with Elegant Occasions. Gina was wonderful to work with all along and the food was absolutely delicious. Everything was completely organized. The prices are very reasonable. We have had rave reviews from guests, and many commented on how great the food was. I recommend Elegant Occasions highly! We are satisfied customers.

Sent on 06/04/2016

Melissa · Married on 11/13/2015

My husband and I chose Elegant Occasions as our caterer for our November wedding at The Gardens at Heather Farms. We first chose Elegant Occasions because of they offered so many different menu options for a great price. We were paying for the wedding ourselves and needed the price to be right. Once we met Gina and all of her staff we just knew we had made the right decision. Gina was so easy to work with and helped create an amazing menu for our wedding guest as well as me. I, being the bride, have many food allergies and was worried I wouldnt be able to eat at my own wedding :) but Gina and her chef did an amazing job at preparing food that I could eat. We have nothing but great things to say about Elegant Occaions. We would reccomend them to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 01/30/2016

Larissa · Married on 11/22/2014

We went with Elegant Occasions Catering and Event Planning for our November wedding at the Benicia Clock Tower. After meeting with Gina and doing an initial food tasting, we were sold on the food, and after speaking with her about what we wanted to do for the reception, we were sold on Gina. She was the point of contact throughout the whole wedding process and was so helpful when it came to planning the reception from top to bottom. The quality of client service was incomparable! Elegant Occasions was our one stop shop for on-site catering, buffet table décor, linens, chairs, china, silverware, glasses, champagne toast, bartenders, servers, setup, cleanup, wedding planning and day-of coordination. I’m sure I missed a few things, because they did SO much and they did it VERY well!

Every time we’ve seen friends and family after the wedding, they all tell us over and over how the good the food was, how their waters were never less than half full and how fast the bartenders were with handing out drinks. Gina, Chef Rob and the Elegant Occasions Catering team covered every base and were nothing short of amazing. I would DEFINITELY recommend them. Thank you so much Gina for everything!

Sent on 12/18/2014

Tiffany · Married on 11/08/2014

If you are looking for a caterer with excellent food and great pricing, Elegant Occasions will exceed your expectations. This is a multi generation, family owned business and it shows. All of the staff are sincerely wonderful and operate with a level of genuine care and attention to detail which promises to deliver perfection for your special day. Gina will help you plan out all the details and will calm you when the inevitable craziness sets in; she was even at our wedding the whole time to ensure everything ran smoothly, personally making sure my husband and I were fed and had a drink in hand the whole evening! I can't express how completely impressed we were with the service, people and the food (so delicious!!!!). Thank you Gina, Chef Robert and all the staff of elegant Occasions for delivering such exceptional service. You really helped to make our day perfect.

Sent on 12/10/2014

Julie · Married on 11/07/2014

We hired Elegant Occasions for our wedding last month. The display of food and flowers were beautiful and the food was excellent. We had chosen the That's Amore selection and our guests loved the food. Thank you Gina and Chef Robert for exceeding our expectations on our special day.

Sent on 12/12/2014

Barbara · Married on 11/02/2014

Gina and Chef Robert provided us with a worry free day on our vow renewal ceremony. The food/bar was outstanding and the peace of mind we had while working with Gina and her team were priceless. Thank you Gina and Robert and your team members for working so hard to make our day one we will never forget.

Sent on 11/11/2014

Stephanie · Married on 08/02/2014

Gina and her staff are amazing!!!! From the very beginning, their confidence in their work really put me at ease. They were reasonable priced and they helped with everything! Gina helped with ideas for centerpieces and helped set up all the tables. It looked so beautiful and elegant. AND we got TONS of compliments about the food! Everyone LOVED the cheddar and chive mashed potatoes and the late night grilled cheese snack. If you want an organized, tasty, fun, perfect wedding/party, you have to use Elegant Occasions!

Sent on 08/06/2014
  • Breanna

Breanna · Married on 05/31/2014

Gina is amazing! We had Gina and Elegant Occasions cater our wedding this weekend but they were more than just our caterer - they setup our tables (physically), placed all the center pieces as we designed them, we rented our chairs and linens from them, they setup all our misc. tables (memories, candy bar, welcome/escort table, gifts table), we also rented standing cocktail tables from them, and a small table to be in our table for our unity shots table.

Prior to the wedding we had staged and took photos of each of our misc. tables and we were able to deliver boxes (and boxes, and BOXES) of decor, with photos of what each table was designed to look like and they were able to setup said tables on the day-of exactly as we had designed.

The food prepared for the evening was phenomenal. Honestly a lot of the time I don't associate wedding food as being particularly good, but everything was so delicious. We had the tuscan rubbed tri-tip and basilico chicken, both of which were amazing. As for tray-passed appetizers, we got their bruschetta, pear and brie toasts, and they were even able to accommodate our out-of-the-box request... of tray passed bacon, and believe me nothing says classy like tray passed bacon, which I believe even Gina will say was a GIGANTIC hit.

Throughout the night the staff was attentive to our guests, taking plates, getting drinks, moving tables out of the sun and into the shade, and making sure everything ran smoothly. On top of this, she had worked with some of our other vendors, like our DJ (Mark Welch from Mark Welch Entertainment, another highly recommended asset), which was able to make things run much more smoothly together.

At the end of the night, we paid for Elegant Occasions's cleanup service and they took care of all of their stuff (tables, glasses, food, etc...) and re-boxed ALL of our boxes of decor for us. At the end of the night, certain decor we decided we'd never need again and rather than throwing it away, Gina offered to take

Sent on 06/08/2014

Jennifer · Married on 10/12/2012

If you are searching for a caterer and checking reviews to help make your decision, look no further. Elegant Occasions is THE BEST! Please take it from me, a perfectionist, they are wonderful to work with. "Gina" is everything any Bride could ask for. She nailed every detail and made sure everything, from start to finish, was seamless. I was able to just be the bride the day of our wedding because of Gina and her teams hard work and professionalism. On top of their excellent service, the food they provided was to die for. Absolutely amazing! We went with the buffet style dinner which turned out great (Bacon wrapped Tri-Tip, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, & Rosemary Chicken). To this day, our guests still comment on how delicious the meal was. And I was shocked at how beautifully the buffet was displayed. This company truly lives up to the word "Elegant"! I highly recommend using this caterer for any occasion. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/05/2012

Diane · Married on 10/15/2011

We just had our son's wedding in Sonoma last weekend and Elegant Occasions was amazing! Fabulous presentation, delicious food (our guests couldn't stop talking about how great the food was) and Gina and the staff were so professional and efficient. PLUS, with the meal price comes unlimited wine, beer and a champagne toast which is such a great value. Gina, thank you so much!!!

Sent on 10/23/2011

Lauren · Married on 06/04/2011

Great catering company. Everything went extremely smoothly. I probably could have done without a wedding planner since E.O. is so comprehensive. We used their catering, cake, and floral services, and all were wonderful. Gina is kind, easy to reach, and very professional. Thank you!

Sent on 08/10/2011

Lauren · Married on 05/21/2011

I hired Elegant Occasions Catering for my daughter's May 2011, Sonoma wedding. Gina and Robert (the owners) were just unbelieveably wonderful; ready and willing to handle anything we wanted and always with a big smile. From the first phone call to the final clean up, Gina was right there ready to help, advise, encourage, and even give a hug. They made us feel like part of the family.
    Elegant Occasions is so much more than a catering service, they are full service wedding coordinators. Their attention to detail is impeccable and their service is extraordinary. They coordinated the timeline of events with the other vendors so that the entire day ran smoothly. They kept track of every element of the day; the menu, decorations, cake-cutting, favors and more. My daughter is very detail oriented and planned a somewhat complicated centerpiece. Gina and her staff set everything up exactly as my daughter envisioned. Everthing was perfect. Their staff was well trained, well groomed, and extremely efficient. There was nothing left unattended.
    Robert (the chef) cooked all of the outstanding food on-site and displayed it in the most beautiful buffet I have ever seen. Several guests shared with me that it was not only the best buffet food that they had ever had, but the best food at any wedding. And there was plenty of it! No one went hungry, in fact I had a few people tell me that they went for seconds.
    Gina personally tended to the bride and groom, and our family. Making sure that we had everything we needed at all times. She even packed a picnic basket for the bride and groom to take away for their wedding night. Some of the things that I thought I would be responsible for were already done before I knew it. I felt completely confident leaving all of the details to her and was able to relax and enjoy the day.
    Gina and Robert are true professionals! They know how to throw a party and how to do it efficiently with class!! I highly recommend Elegant Occasions and will be using them for all of my catering needs in the future.

Sent on 06/14/2011

My · Married on 10/23/2010

Elegant Occasions was a great choice for a caterer for our wedding. They not only provided great food, but Gina really helped us with coordinating our wedding/reception. She helped us put together a realistic schedule of activities for our reception, helped us with set up (setting up our gift table, sign-in table, setting out wedding favors for us, etc.). She also checked on me and my husband to make sure our food and drink needs were always taken care of.

During the wedding planning process, Gina was always responsive to my calls/emails. We thought that the Elegant Occasions menu was affordable and catering options easy to understand (different menus are available on their website with prices, which is nice because I don't have the patience to go through catering websites with just fancy pictures of food with no pricing information!)

We had our ceremony/wedding reception at the Gardens at Heather Farms in Walnut Creek where Elegant Occasions is a preferred vendor. They seem to have a good relationship with the Gardens, which put me at ease knowing that I wouldn't have to worry about getting my security deposit back. At the end of our reception, Gina left us with bins of food left over from our buffet. It was a nice gesture since my husband and I didn't have to cook for a few days and with all the leftovers, we knew that our guests did not go hungry and that there was plenty of good food for them!

Sent on 11/22/2010

Vanessa · Married on 09/25/2010

Gina and her crew did an excellent job. She really goes above and beyond the call of duty and we were so lucky to have found her and Elegant Occasions.

Our guests raved about how good the food was - even so far as to say it was the BEST wedding food they have ever had.

Gina is so wonderful to work with and she really stays on top of all the details. Even with all the changes and challenges that arise she was able to keep rolling with the punches.

She has a lot of experience which made it really easy to defer to her for help with planning the reception schedule. Elegant Occasions also provides a variety of related services - we rented our tables and chairs through them as well as doing the full bar with bartenders. It really made our lives so much easier to have them do it all because all we had to do was enjoy the day.

The only thing I would change is to have booked our limo through them instead of someone else.

Sent on 10/11/2010

allison · Married on 08/21/2010

If you want a stress free wedding reception or any reception, we highly recommend using Elegant Occasions Catering services. You will be so impressed about Gina and Robert’s expertise in planning, organizing, and executing a phenomenal (wedding) reception, tailored just for you, which will compliment your style and needs. Prior to the reception, we were invited to a tasting of their dishes. This, of course, made the planning of the reception so much easier. Our daughter had her wedding reception at the Shadelands Civic Art Center in Walnut Creek. Gina and her staff took care of everything, including setting up, taking down, cleaning up, and transporting all needed items to the reception hall. We didn’t have to lift a finger, and were able to enjoy the entire evening . The place was elegantly decorated, including the buffet tables. The food was just delicious. The entrees were kept warm the whole time. The most amazing part was what Gina did above and beyond her call of duty. She constantly checked on the bride and groom and made sure that they had a chance to eat. At the reception, we added a Chinese Tea Ceremony to the program. Without hesitation, Gina knew actually when and where to set up the chairs and tea cups. She paid attention to details and was observant to the needs of the hosts and guests. We found out that evening that she even knew how to attach the bustle to the wedding gown.
    Her flexibility in accommodating our needs really took a huge load off our shoulders.
    For example, our guest list fluctuated up to the last day before the wedding. Gina reassured us that she would have enough food for additional guests, and not to worry.
    If you are looking for a dependable caterer, look no further. Elegant Occasions will take care of all of your catering needs.

Sent on 09/04/2010