Elegant Momentz by Kathleen Reviews

36 | Ashburn, VA

36 Reviews for Elegant Momentz by Kathleen

Jillian · Married on 07/25/2015

Elegant Momentz does a beautiful job of draping Bluemont Vineyards. If you are getting married at Bluemont, I definitely recommend having Kathleen do the draping because it really does tie everything together and make the barn even more beautiful. They do a great job and are very responsive and provide detailed information. Thanks again!

Sent on 08/08/2015

Heather · Married on 08/23/2013

We got married at Bluemont Vineyard and had Elegant Momentz/Kathleen (her husband, Jim, also helps out) do our draping and lighting. It turned out absolutely gorgeous. This year they started using a very pretty ivory fabric to drape along the peak of the stable with lights running along each panel. We also had purple and orange lanterns throughout. It was like a fairy tale.
    Attached is a 2.5 min highlight video of our wedding which you can catch some shots. Most of them are around the 1min 40 sec mark.

Sent on 09/08/2013

Elegant Momentz by Kathleen's reply:

Heather, thank you so much for the kind words AND thank you for sharing the video with me. It was gorgeous and YOU were gorgeous!!! Congratulations to you and Jan! And finally, thank you for letting me share in helping to create a magical day for both of you.

Laura · Married on 06/29/2013

Kathleen did an OUTSTANDING job decorating our venue for our wedding. We got married at Bluemont Vineyards in The Stable and we was very familiar with the location. She was able to understand my vision just from a few meetings with me and when I walked into our venue on the day of my wedding it was exactly how I had envisioned it! I am not a very crafty girl, so having her help was critical to actually making our wedding decorations look classy and elegant. She has such a vast inventory of anything you could want and was very flexible with allowing my mom and I to bring in some of our own items. It was such a weight off our shoulders to not have to worry about setting up before or cleaning up afterwards. Her prices were high at first, but when we considered all that she does and the stress she eliminated for us, it was 100% worth it!

Sent on 07/09/2013

Dawn · Married on 12/06/2008

Kathleen did an excellent job decorating for our wedding reception. Since I'm not very creative, she provided me with ideas and presented me with choices. I was pleased with her ideas, which incorporated the bits of input I did provide, and she even matched my bridesmaid dress colors perfectly. I did not have to worry about anything on the day of my wedding regarding my reception hall or the decorations.

We planned our wedding in less than four months, so eliminating the need to worry about how I would find time to decorate was fantastic. The value of the phenomenal job Kathleen did with our decorations far exceeded the amount we paid.

I highly recommend Kathleen for your wedding decorations needs. She has pictures of her work on her website (some are even from my reception). We have raved about the decorations at our wedding reception for over a year now, and keep getting compliments from our guests on how magical everything looked.

Sent on 02/02/2010
  • U

Lindsey · Married on 10/06/2007

3.0

Kathleen did my decorations for my wedding, and I got so many compliments! She really did a wonderful job and had lots of options to choose from. Very easy going and easy to get along with made it for a successful planning for both parts. Thanks Again :)

Sent on 02/04/2010

4.2
      3.5

We got so many compliments on the "uniqueness" of our wedding. Because it rained, we had both our ceremony and reception in a barn in the exact same location, so a lot of flexibility was required. Even though it wasn't exactly how we'd planned it, EM really ran with what we were given beautifully. Tables were moved and chairs set up for family, and other guests sat at their tables. Oh and the TABLES were amazing. Working with them meant that other costs were included, so Kathleen managed to find enough vintage colorful water goblets for all the tables, mismatched china for all the guests, and even those beautiful farm tables that went so perfectly with our vibe. All of those items were on my "wouldn't it be beautiful but I can't afford it" list. Instead of centerpieces she created lace and greenery runners with apothecary vases in the center and pops of flowers (bought loose at Costco, saved so much $$ from centerpieces!) and she created 20+ signs unique to us that I sent her a list for, which was great because it gave the DIY vibe that I love without me having to do it :). She created a custom LIGHT UP cornhole game which was able to be played well into the night. Day of coordination was a bit spotty but mostly attributed to the rain, change of location, and my husband and I being prone to sitting and laughing at each other making us hard to wrangle. Also if you are a bride who needs your hand held all the time, that might be an issue because this company is IN DEMAND and she will most likely have a wedding every weekend around your wedding and you will not get a lot of emailed responses, which means you will have to be as organized as possible (also a problem if you aren't) in what you want, and also very trusting of her. I definitely put my trust in her and it turned out more beautiful than I had hoped for, and I am so grateful!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Dawn · Married on 09/23/2017

3.8
      3.0

When I first hired elegant momentz it was just for lighting and draping in the barn venue! I was told they do an all in one package which includes all the details, decorating & wedding planning! The decorating aspect, was amazing. There were minor details that I noticed werent the way we planned (flower petals, lanterns, etc) but my guests didnt notice and raved about the decor!! The place were I was a little disappointed was the day of coordination aspect. We paid for this service and I feel like it fell sort. Not only did they srop the ball on aspects of details, but at points of the wedding they were no where to be found. My bouquet with my grandmother (who passed away) brooch was thrown away at the end of the night.... it was very upsetting! I highly recommend them for the decor aspect but make sure you make clear your details, however other aspects feel sort. My day turned out to be amazing but with thanks from many other vendors who lead the planning!

Sent on 10/04/2017

3.6
      3.0

In the end Kathleen provided beautiful decorations and lighting for the wedding. She coordinated the ceremony and made sure the other vendors were on the same page. Unfortunately she was not as responsive to emails as she should have been and missed some things we wanted done. The mother of the bride ended up doing a lot of the leg work and had to send many, many emails to the vendors. Kathleen needs to up her attention to detail and respond to all emails within 24 hours.

Sent on 06/15/2013
  • User5051954 · 2+ years ago

3.4
      2.5
      3.5

This is a great team for the flexible bride who accepts inevitable human error and wants a no-stress rustic wedding. As a slightly more type-A hands-on bride with a non-rustic vision, I learned some lessons.
    I hired Elegant Momentz for day-of coordination and decoration. If I had it to do over again, I would’ve only hired them for the lighting/draping component and not the day-of coordination services. In advance of the wedding I had great trouble getting responses from Kathleen and she never once showed up on time to a meeting that we set 1:1 or with vendors. About 2 weeks before the date I started working Megan and she was highly responsive, but for me personally that was a stressful stage in the game to start looking at their creations and ideas to see if they were my vision. On the wedding day, to be fair, I had key vendors fail to meet their obligations and highly inconvenience Kathleen and her team, who were very flexible in adjusting. Kathleen called or texted me frustrated throughout the day as she ran into issues and I spent more of my wedding day on the phone with vendors and assigning groomsmen, friends, etc. to help them deal with logistics than I had intended when investing in a day of coordinator. Lesson: Nothing stresses a bride out more than a stressed coordinator. The DJ knew my schedule and seemed to run the event more than EM, but it worked out.

On décor outside of lighting: Some signs were incorrectly transcribed (names misspelled, titles left off, etc.) from the document I sent, and as a result some of the questions in my wedding scavenger hunt were not answerable. A handful of the decorations that I personally provided were broken upon return due to how the team packaged them, which was particularly frustrating as it was rather expensive. Lighting and a photo opportunities were missing and rental tables were not utilized as we discussed, but at the end of the day guests didn't know and it looked mostly great! Better than I could've alone.

Sent on 12/31/2015

Matt · Married on 10/20/2019

2.6

Not flexible

I expected a good experience because of the positive reviews. I ended up not hiring Elegant Momentz because of my experience working on the contract. The contract sent to me did not describe what I requested and the representative was not willing to correct it since the contract was a "template". I find this extremely odd since all other vendors I worked with specifically spelled out what I was paying for on the contracts, with no issue, which is the point of contracts. He found my concern was high, so did not want to work with me. Yes, as a customer, my concern should be high if I am signing something that I did not request. Maybe this was a one-off situation, but it was very odd.

Sent on 08/20/2019

1.0

I have to say Kathleen is awesome to work with. She did exactly what she said she would and her part of the wedding day looked gorgeous. On the other hand, her husband who works with her and who we did the majority of the contacting, and earlier set up and lighting with, was not the best person to work with. He did not follow through with everything that he had promised us on our wedding day and we paid a pretty penny for their services. We were disappointed.

Sent on 11/20/2015