Elegant Hair Designs Reviews

31 | Indianapolis, IN

31 Reviews for Elegant Hair Designs

Emma · Married on 07/29/2017

My wedding was in July and Jennae and her team made getting ready that morning with my girls go so smoothly. I loved my personalized styles for hair and makeup and all of my bridesmaids were so happy with their hairstyles as well! I highly recommend Elegant Hair Designs to everyone, especially if you are looking for a stress-free morning of getting ready on your big day!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Morgan · Married on 09/10/2016

Jennae is absolutely the best hair stylist for wedding hair! She comes to the venue wherever you are or could go to the salon. It was super easy and so stress free. All of my bridesmaids, the mothers, and myself loved their hair!!! Very decently priced for the service. Highly highly recommend to anyone! Three of my friends also used Jennae for their weddings, and again.. they all looked absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 09/16/2017

Rachel · Married on 08/08/2015

Jennae was wonderful! She worked around our schedule and we got a lot of compliments about our hair. Jennae put in extensions and I loved how my hair looked.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Kelsey · Married on 10/04/2014

Jennae was amazing, she got through all of my EIGHT bridesmaids in less than two hours! And they all looked beautiful and loved their hair! Seriously, picking Elegant Hair Designs was one of the smartest choices I made for our wedding day!

Sent on 01/03/2015

Loved having you do my hair for my special day!! It was perfect. Thank you!

Sent on 09/14/2014

Jessica · Married on 03/29/2014

Jenna came to my home with a partner, and between the two of them they did my hair, my 5 bridesmaids' hair, and my mom's hair. All of us looked beautiful, and not a single one of us had any complaints, which is saying a lot for 7 women and their hair! It was so nice to have the hair people come to us, and Jenna provided outstanding service. She is sweet, flexible, and very professional. I would recommend her services to anyone!

Sent on 05/16/2014

Rachel · Married on 03/29/2014

She was simply amazing!!! I randomly googled a salon near where I live and hoped they would travel to downtown Indy for my wedding (they did, yay!). I went in about 2 weeks before the wedding and did the trial, she did everything I asked of her to do and not do and it looked amazing!! I had two photos of what I wanted it to look like, and mine looked even better!! On the day of, she was the only vendor to arrive early, even with parking issues, and was a pleasure to have in our hotel room while we prepared! She did 5 bridesmaids before mine, and did everything each one of them asked for, even a few who had no idea and said work your magic!! I asked for my hair to have a little less volume than the practice and she graciously obliged! My hair looked absolutely amazing and I received MANY compliments on it, both in person the day of, and in the photos people have seen since!! All of the bridesmaids were heavily complimented on their hair styles as well!! I do not regularly get my hair done, but if I should start to, this is where I will go, without a doubt, every time! :)

Sent on 05/20/2014

Rachel · Married on 09/28/2013

Everything was amazing when working with Elegant Hair Designs. They came to my parents' house to do wedding hair and makeup for me, my 5 bridesmaids, and both mothers. We were able to complete everything ahead of schedule, and all of my girls were happy with how they looked. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/30/2013
  • Mrs. Pezz

Samantha · Married on 09/14/2013

I knew booking Elegant Hair Designs would not be a decision I regretted from all the pictures they had posted, but they totally blew me away with each up-do! Mine was amazing and I loved every single bridesmaid and mom as well. Jennae and Jenna were fantastic! Their price is superb as well. They were both friendly and chatty with all the ladies while we got ready. Everyone seemed pleased with their hair. My trial went really well with Jennae and it was even more stunning on the day of. These ladies know what they are doing!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Jennifer · Married on 09/07/2013

Everything turned out great! I loved all the different hairstlyes!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Jennae and Jenna were WONDERFUL! I was probably the pickiest person in the world when we were doing my hair, and Jennae was nothing but patient and understanding and basically fantastic. My hair stayed put the entire day (it withstood a lot!), and looked exactly like I had always imagined it would on my wedding day. They were both calm, cool and collected and ever so fun to be around. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 06/15/2013

Lacey · Married on 05/11/2013

Jennae did a wonderful job on my 4 bridesmaids and myself. The price for 5 hair styles and the quality was impressive!! We all loved what she did and looked great. I am thankful to her for sharing her talents with me on my big day!

Sent on 05/20/2013

Alison · Married on 04/13/2013

Jennae Schenk with Elegant Hair Designs did a fabulous job with all of our hair for my wedding! The hairstyles were creative and beautiful! She was wonderful to work with every step of the way and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 04/24/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/05/2012

Sorry this has taken me so long! Jennae was WONDERFUL for my wedding! I went back and forth between just having my hair done, or adding in all of my bridesmaids and Jennae was so flexible to work with! I loved my hair and my bridesmaids were also very impressed--they had all had bad "up-do" experiences at one point or another and were hesitant to have their hair styled. I must say, all looked fabulous and all loved their style. Thanks Jennae for making my big day special, and I will definitely call you for my hair needs in the future!! P.S. Thanks for joining us at the reception!!

Sent on 05/20/2013

Allison · Married on 06/16/2012

Jennae did a wonderful job with my hair! She was very laid back and easy to work with. Her prices were very reasonable. I told her what I wanted my hair to look like and she spent the time figuring out how to give me exactly that. I loved it! My bridesmaids loved their hair too. Thanks Jennae for being a part of my special day and making it that much better. I would highly recommend her to anyone who needs hair services for their wedding.

Sent on 12/10/2012

Katie · Married on 04/13/2012

Jenae was so great! She is very flexible and easy to work with. I was able to tell her what I had in mind and she did exactly that! I have a ton of hair and she was able to get it all up in a beautiful updo! She also did my flower girl's hair and made them both look like princesses. Thanks so much for making me and my girls look beautiful!

Sent on 04/20/2012

Emily · Married on 10/09/2011

EHD was PERFECT! Jennae's prices were very reasonable, and my hair looked better than I ever could have imagined! She really listened to what I wanted, was punctual, and super friendly! Whenever I show off my wedding pictures, I always hear "I love your hair!".

Sent on 12/03/2012

Hannah · Married on 05/17/2014

I highly recommend Jennae Schenk at Elegant Hair Designs for your wedding hair styling! She tailored to the preferences of me and my bridesmaids and also made recommendations on how to keep our hair flawless all day. She traveled to us on the wedding morning and I really enjoyed spending time with her on my big day. You'll love your wedding hair styling done by Jennae Schenk!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Sara · Married on 04/12/2014

Jennae was great to work with; she did my hair and make-up for my engagement photos and then for the day of as well as my two bridesmaids. I got so many compliments on my hair, and my Maid of Honor looked amazing with her hair and make-up. Jennae really listened to what I wanted and was able to make me look great on my day.

Sent on 04/19/2014

Deanna · Married on 09/07/2013

Jenna did a great job of working with all of they girls and different hair types. She was very flexible/ and helpfull, and we enjoyed her being part or our day.

Sent on 09/18/2013

Elegant Hair Designs's reply:

Thank you so much Deanna for letting me be a part of your big day, it was my pleasure! :) Congrats!
  • Johanna

Johanna · Married on 08/31/2013

Great to work with! Knowledgeable, creative, and personable. Everyone's hair looked just like the picture the brought or how they described. I was not sure what I wanted and she took the two photos I had brought and created a style I was looking for.

Sent on 09/22/2013
  • Carrie

Carrie · Married on 10/11/2014

They did a fantastic job on my hair and makeup at a great price! They were willing to work with me at 6pm-8pm (after hours) to do my trial because of my work schedule. Although the responses back & forth were not 100%, I would still highly recommend them. My bridesmaids also had their hair done and they looked phenomenal as well. VERY thrilled with their service overall!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Lauren · Married on 09/12/2014

The staff at Elegant Hair Designs made the morning of my wedding relaxing and fun! They were laid back and flexible when serving my bridal party of 8. Everyone loved their unique style of hair-do, and Jennae did a wonderful job on my mother and I's makeup!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Erin · Married on 08/18/2013

Jennae was awesome to work with. My planner recommended her to me, and after contacting her, we worked through how many people would be getting their hair done that day. She drew up a contract and sent it - online billing is easy to work with, by the way!

I was planning my wedding long-distance, as I currently live in California (but I was born in Indiana). Jennae was happy to work with me the weekend of the wedding (and coordinate with the makeup artist, too) to do a quick trial two days before the wedding.

The day of the wedding, we had three others that were getting their hair done in addition to me. Jennae was working alone on all 4 of us, which is certainly a task! But she remained pleasant, chatty, and just plain wonderful to work with. My hair was apparently still damp from the shower I'd taken that morning. Jennae unfortunately didn't have a hair drier, but my sister-in-law did! So after we got my hair dry, Jennae went to work on my hair last, and it turned out better than the trial! It looked beautiful, and I got lots of compliments the day of the wedding.

Thanks, Jennae! If anyone I know gets married in Indy, you're the first stylist I'll recommend!

Sent on 08/31/2013

Jen · Married on 07/18/2015

Jenae was great. My hair looked amazing, as did all my bridesmaids. She comes to where you are with no extra charge, which is so nice. She and her coworker arrived on time and worked fast. They got even got done early! I was very happy with their work.

Sent on 08/08/2015