Elana Goodridge Photography Reviews

Elana Goodridge Photography 1
  • Aleck

Aleck Manzo · Getting married on 09/05/2020

Couldn’t Be Happier

Elana is so amazing! It was my fiancé and my first photo shoot and she could tell we were a little tense and made us feel comfortable and tried to get us to become ourselves but it was a little harder for us haha but Elana was still able to capture every moment we would have wished for and through her pictures you can see the love we have for one another! I can't wait to set up another shoot with her and then hopefully set up our wedding! Thank you for everything Elana! You have become our go to photographer!

Elana Goodridge Photography's reply:

I am so happy I got to be with you and that the love between you was reflected. I look forward to photographing the two of you again soon and to be with you at your wedding!!

S Goodman · Married on 11/08/2018

Fantastic photographer!!

I highly recommend Elana as an event photographer! She photographed my daughter's Bat Mitzvah and the pictures perfectly capture our memories of the event. So many beautiful ones to choose from! Elana is also super easy to work with! I can't say enough great things about her!! I would definitely hire her again!!

Elana Goodridge Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Stephanie, I loved spending time with your whole family and seeing how Lucy, and her friends have grown into beautiful poised young women! Thanks again for hiring me for your event!

Bryan Palmaioli · Married on 10/07/2018

Professional and Quality Photos.

One of the best descisions we made was hiring Elana for our wedding. She was very flexible with our schedules and I felt that she committed herself 100% to making our day that much more special. All of the photos came out beautiful and not a moment was missed. Pricing was very reasonable and the quality of the photos are well above our expectations. We received all of our photos quickly and consent communication was held throughout the whole process. I would highly recommend these services.

Sent on 11/11/2018

Elana Goodridge Photography's reply:

Thank you Bryan for what you wrote! I am really glad that I helped make your day special and that all the photos were beautiful and not a moment was missed!

Molly · Married on 10/06/2018

Quality, Professional Service & Beautiful Photography

From the very first interactions with Elana we could tell that professionalism and delivering quality service are essential to the way she manages her business. We first met in early July 2017 in preparation for our October 2018 wedding. Elana designed a package that fit our needs and created a payment schedule that we all agreed to. In November 2017 our engagement session took place. We had a wonderful experience and received beautiful photos. When that was completed we still had several months before the wedding, but Elana made sure to keep in touch. She checked in with me to verify the details and to ensure she knew our schedule of events the day of the wedding. On the day of our wedding she and her assistant photographer arrived early and were ready to photograph our day immediately. Throughout the day Elana's presence was extremely positive & she photographed everything. We received a preview of our photos less than a week after the wedding. Three weeks after the wedding we received all of our photos beautifully retouched. We were thrilled with the results. I would certainly recommend Elana to photograph your wedding or special event!

Sent on 11/03/2018
    Elana Goodridge Photography 2

Elana Goodridge Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for your review. I am so glad I helped make your day special and you love your photos!

Erika · Married on 03/23/2018

Five stars on every level since the day I first messaged Elana. It doesn't matter if your priority is professionalism, flexiblity for scheduling or pricing, photography and editing talent, or reliability because she's got all of it. She responds to messages within hours, never days, and was able to meet my fiance and I just days after I contacted her. She took our vision, priorities and budget, and put together our own wedding/engagement package with incomparable value. Hiring her for our engagement photos and wedding day has by far been the most stress free part of wedding planning. We were looking for a photographer willing to travel 2.5 hours to Sedona for our engagement shoot and she wasn't just happy to do it, she was excited! Our shoot went fantastic, with just enough direction to give us different fun starting points with muliple backdrops and from there simply made us comfortable to be ourselves, have fun, and let our love shine through beautifully captured candid movements. We got a preview photo the very next morning and within 3 days we received all of our (over 150) beautiful edited photos. Three days! Our wedding day is still 10 months away, and with so much still to do I can't be more thankful that I won't have to spend a second concerned about this aspect of it. I can't wait to see how she records our big day and hopefully many other future milestones in our lives together through amazing photos.

Sent on 05/20/2017

Elana Goodridge Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am so glad you felt comfortable with me and that we got great candids! I am looking forward to your wedding!

E Levine · Married on 11/04/2017

From posed to candid shots, Elana captures the feelings from your special day!

I was looking for a photographer for our son's Bar Mitzvah, and found some great reviews of Elana's work online. I kept going back to her website because I thought she had really captured the essence of the events she had photographed. Not realizing she didn't even live in NY at the time, I reached out. I have to say I was a little skeptical at first working with someone out of state, but Elana didn't disappoint. She was easy to work with and showed up on time for the pre-shoot at our Synagogue, as well as for the party the next evening. She and her husband helped out with our video montage as well, and it was amazing. We're so glad we used Elana for our son's Bar Mitzvah photography. She captured some amazing shots in a space where the lighting seemed a bit challenging (club-like with lots of strobe lighting), and the pictures provide a beautiful memory from our wonderful occasion. We'd definitely recommend her and use her again!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Elana Goodridge Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for the wonderful review! I am so happy you trusted me to be there and you are happy with your montage & photos. I am also glad to be back in the East Coast!

Joaquín · Married on 10/21/2017

I traveled from México to NYC to propose to my girlfriend at Times Square, I was really nervous because even with all the planning we did several months before, I knew that in such a chaotic place anything can go wrong. Elana gave me a lot of confidence, since the moment I spotted her waiting for us to take a candid session before the proposal I felt relieved, she took an amazing set of pics and my girlfriend never realized we were being photographed! then she magically captured every single moment in the proposal, and the set after proposal was truly amazing. I can't think of a single thing that could had been better, Thanks again for everything Elana! Sincerely: Joaquín & Andrea.

Sophie · Married on 09/16/2017

Elana was a great choice for our small wedding. We loved having her there to capture all the special moments. She made us feel so comfortable and we would recommend her to everyone. Thank you for making our day so perfect.

Betsy · Married on 09/15/2017

Alana was a pleasure to work with. My wife and I got to know her on both a personal and professional level and enjoyed all of our time spent together. And the most important part, the pictures came out incredible! She was very easy to work with, as she had a rapport with not only the bridal party and guests, but also the other hired professionals making sure the event went off without a hitch. She was never pushy or insistent, but still got all the shots we wanted and more. I would highly recommend her as a value in the space.

Mike · Married on 09/15/2017

Above & Beyond

Elana is amazing. She goes out of her way to get the shot you want and memorialize your special day. From our engagement pictures, to our wedding and now our first family pictures with our daughter, Elana has beautifully captured some of our favorite moments. As an added bonus, Elana is so fun to be around and creates a lighthearted atmosphere so that you feel natural and happy in front of her camera. The images speak for themselves!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Elana Goodridge Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for the review, I loved being a part of some of your favorite moments and hope to be there for many more!
  • User6673993 · 1+ year ago

Elana was more than helpful in making sure my surprise engagement went as planned. She is very professional with a knack for capturing the perfect moment and scenery. I would not hesitate to recommend her to friends or hire her for future projects.

Sent on 05/06/2016

Hi Dan,
    Thanks so much! It was such a pleasure being a party of your surprise proposal!
    Best,
    Elana

Lida · Married on 07/22/2017

My album is filled to the brim with amazing photos! I hired Elana for a formal party celebrating my father's 90th birthday. Family & friends flew in from around the world, this occasion meant so much to us. We love the posed individual and group shots, there were so many to choose from. They're special for a variety of reasons, among them that there are pictures of my dad with all his kids, his 19 grandkids and 6 great-grandchildren- it was **really, really important** to get those right on this occasion! But the ones that made my jaw drop were the candids she took of tender, fleeting moments that really capture the love, affection and pure joy of the occasion. We didn't even realize she was taking these, like a ninja. A really sweet ninja. Elana was very professional and a genuine pleasure to work with. Our clan is larger than most and hence, unwieldy. I don't know how she did it, except to say she's clearly a pro. The photos in my album are precious and irreplaceable, we can't thank her enough and we will definitely hire her for my son's Bar Mitzvah.

Holly and Howard Levinson · Married on 01/14/2017

Great experience by a great photographer

Elana was highly recommended to us by friends and she did not disappoint! She truly captured the excitement of our daughter's Bat Mitzvah, was always professional and easy to work with. We cannot believe how amazing all of the pictures came out and we would definitely hire her again.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Hi Holly and Howard,
    Thanks so much for having me at your Bat Mitzvah. I was happy to photograph your family at both the Park Avenue Synagogue and Lavo!

Dahlia · Married on 01/08/2017

My fiancee & I just had our engagement shoot with Elana this past weekend, and the photos were not only amazing, but turned around in a very timely manner! Elana was extremely professional, helpful and courteous and it was a pleasure to work with her! We look forward to seeing more of her amazing work at our wedding in January!

Sent on 10/14/2016

Elana Goodridge Photography's reply:

Thanks for the review! I had a great time being with both of you going around central park and I look forward to your wedding in January.

Katherine · Married on 11/05/2016

Elana did an absolute beautiful job! From my first conversation with her to working with her now reviewing out wedding photos she has been the best vendor to work with. We took our engagement photos about a month before our wedding. It gave us a chance to get to know each other and for my Husband and I too get used to being in front of the camera. We had tons of emails back and forth and late night calls to finalize the day of itinerary and each time she reassured me everything was going to workout no matter how many times the plan changed. The second Elana and her husband showed up at my house to start the day they were immediately taking picture and walking around to find the best spots for photos. It was so beautiful that her and her husband have such a great working relationship and truly added more meaning to the day. They captured everything from the day!! My whole family cannot stop looking at the photos and the amazing job they did!! Thank you for making the memory of our special day truly last a lifetime!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Dear Katie,
    We loved being a part of your special day. Everyone was so kind and I really enjoyed seeing your emotional expressions as I edit the photos for you!

Lauren · Married on 10/09/2016

Elana was truly a godsent on my wedding day! She and her husband were real professionals throughout the full day. The entire bridal party really enjoyed our experience with Elana- she was very flexible with ever changing weather and put everyone's nerves at ease. I would highly recommend Elana to any bride on their big day!

Christine · Married on 10/09/2016

There are not enough stars or complimentary words to give Elana Goodridge for her ingenious photography skills, her wonderful personality, her responsiveness, her flexibility in working through contracts, her reasonable pricing, her prompt professionalism and for her overall charm. My daughter got married in the NY area recently and all I can say, is THANK GOODNESS I found Elana. I interviewed and researched many photographers for weeks on end because we were so picky and everyone in the family wanted something different in the overall photographs. The photographer is the most important vendor, in my opinion, because the photos are the only thing left after the wedding. The bride wanted a lot of candid photos and someone with creativity and great editing and design skills for all those imaginative, somewhat trendy photos brides like nowadays. My husband wanted traditional wedding photos, such as table shots. Many photographers do not like to do those table shots because that require good organizational skills, patience and are a lot of work, especially at a big wedding. I also wanted someone who was easy to work with, had a good sense of humor and was charming and flexible. Price was also a consideration; many photographers charge outrageous amounts for the albums, alone. There are a lot of moving parts to a wedding and the photographer is really key to helping make the day drama-free and well-organized. No one could have worked harder on the wedding day than Elana (and her assistant). No one could have been more organized, flexible and creative. Words cannot describe her incredible charm, patience and sense of humor. Elana was key to the tremendous success and drama-free flow of the wedding and to the staggering number of wonderful photographs we now have to cherish this happy day in our family's life. Everyone at the wedding commented on how Elana was "on another level" with the combo of creative, candid and traditional shots. We just LOVE Elana Goodridge!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Elana Goodridge Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for the beautiful review. It was a really special day and I felt privileged to share this occasion with your family.
    I am so glad you loved the photos!

Jodiann · Married on 10/01/2016

Most businesses tell you that the customer is always right, but in this case this is not true. Elana Goodridge is always right! She has a keen eye for photography and is amazing at capturing the moments that count on video. I originally booked Elana for a surprise bridal shower in July 2016 and leading up to the event Elana always stayed in contact to make sure that our visions coincided - some of the stress from planning this day for the bride to be was immediately alleviated from our first phone call. She is punctual, takes tasteful photos, and during your event she is like a fly on the wall. She gets the photos and videos to you in a timely manner. She asks the right questions leading up to your event such as 'is there an agenda?' because she never misses a moment. Elana shows great dedication and pride in her work. She also takes the time to get to know you and the people you are planning an event for. We loved her so much so, that in the midst of planning an October 1, 2016 wedding the bride and groom forgot to book a photographer for their newlywed brunch the next day. On a whim, I emailed Elana to see if she was available and she cancelled her plans to be there for us. Her prices are fair, the quality, turn around, and customer service she provides is immeasurable. Needless to say that we will be keeping Elana in mind for future personal and corporate events.

Sent on 10/05/2016

Elana Goodridge Photography's reply:

Thanks for the review! I really enjoyed getting to know everyone, I was moved by their story, and being a part of before and after the wedding!

Amy · Married on 10/01/2016

Elana was terrific in photographing our twins' B'nai Mitzvah. She was patient, flexible, and was able to capture so much of the day for us. We felt comfortable with her and she was unobtrusive, which was very important to us. The photos she took are great. Since the day itself seemed to fly by, I'm so glad we have these photos to keep forever.

Jake Schrader · Married on 10/01/2016

A terrific choice for an event photographer

Elana was unobtrusive at our event, professional with our guests, and kind to both children and older folks. Since then she has been a joy to work with, and the quality of the photos is really terrific. Highly recommend.

Elana Goodridge Photography's reply:

Thanks Jack, I really enjoyed working with your family too! Everyone was so sweet and friendly! I am also so glad you enjoyed the photos!

Vineeth · Married on 07/30/2016

Great professionalism, service, and photography! Very nice person and did everything and more that we asked for! Really made our proposal expereince fun and easy. Thanks a lot!!

- Vineeth

Avani · Married on 07/30/2016

As a marriage proposal planner, two things make a proposal a success: the execution of the proposal itself, and the photos capturing the moments surrounding the proposal. After working with Elana in May 2016, I was so impressed with her level of professionalism, ability to shoot in low light situations, and sense of ease in working with engaged couples, that I hired her again for another proposal in August. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I’ll let her photos do the rest of the talking!

Lisa Gagnum · Married on 06/10/2016

50th birthday party

Wonderful photos from my 50th birthday party - a varied mix of group shots and closeups and creative ones. Elana was helpful, observant, unobtrusive and professional. Thank you!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Elana Goodridge Photography's reply:

Thanks for the review, I loved seeing all the costumes, dancing and decorations at your party! It was so beautiful and fun. Thanks for hiring me!

Miriam · Married on 06/05/2016

Elana is an extremely professional and talented photographer. She is able to capture key moments with both candid and posed shots that portray the story of the event. She is flexible and generous with her time and very reliable. She is very conscientious and takes pride in her work.

Sent on 07/13/2016

Elana Goodridge Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for the review, I am very glad you were happy with the results and I look forward to helping you edit your album!