34 Reviews for Elana Goodridge Photography

Destination / Travel (1)
One Event/Day (1)
Canvas (1)
27 Elana Goodridge Photography Reviews

I traveled from México to NYC to propose to my girlfriend at Times Square, I was really nervous because even with all the planning we did several months before, I knew that in such a chaotic place anything can go wrong. Elana gave me a lot of confidence, since the moment I spotted her waiting for us to take a candid session before the proposal I felt relieved, she took an amazing set of pics and my girlfriend never realized we were being photographed! then she magically captured every single moment in the proposal, and the set after proposal was truly amazing. I can't think of a single thing that could had been better, Thanks again for everything Elana! Sincerely: Joaquín & Andrea.

Profile Picture Joaquín, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Elana was a great choice for our small wedding. We loved having her there to capture all the special moments. She made us feel so comfortable and we would recommend her to everyone. Thank you for making our day so perfect.

Profile Picture Sophie, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Elana was fantastic! Easy going, flexible and professional- the pictures, of both the engagement session in Montauk, and the wedding in NYC are beautiful. We were fortunate to hear of Elana from a good friend who highly recommended her after hiring her for her daughter's wedding...So glad to have followed up, reading wedding wire reviews, and hired Elana too! Haven't completed our albums but if they are anything like my friends', they will be gorgeous and something we will cherish in the years to come! Elana knows her craft and has a great eye for detail- we highly recommend her to help you document your families events- weddings, birthdays, bar and bat mitzvah's! P. Miller/Rye, NY

Profile Picture pam, 9/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Alana was a pleasure to work with. My wife and I got to know her on both a personal and professional level and enjoyed all of our time spent together. And the most important part, the pictures came out incredible! She was very easy to work with, as she had a rapport with not only the bridal party and guests, but also the other hired professionals making sure the event went off without a hitch. She was never pushy or insistent, but still got all the shots we wanted and more. I would highly recommend her as a value in the space.

Profile Picture Betsy, 9/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Elana was more than helpful in making sure my surprise engagement went as planned. She is very professional with a knack for capturing the perfect moment and scenery. I would not hesitate to recommend her to friends or hire her for future projects.

Profile Picture User6673993, Recently Married, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My album is filled to the brim with amazing photos! I hired Elana for a formal party celebrating my father's 90th birthday. Family & friends flew in from around the world, this occasion meant so much to us. We love the posed individual and group shots, there were so many to choose from. They're special for a variety of reasons, among them that there are pictures of my dad with all his kids, his 19 grandkids and 6 great-grandchildren- it was **really, really important** to get those right on this occasion! But the ones that made my jaw drop were the candids she took of tender, fleeting moments that really capture the love, affection and pure joy of the occasion. We didn't even realize she was taking these, like a ninja. A really sweet ninja. Elana was very professional and a genuine pleasure to work with. Our clan is larger than most and hence, unwieldy. I don't know how she did it, except to say she's clearly a pro. The photos in my album are precious and irreplaceable, we can't thank her enough and we will definitely hire her for my son's Bar Mitzvah.

Profile Picture Lida, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

My fiancee & I just had our engagement shoot with Elana this past weekend, and the photos were not only amazing, but turned around in a very timely manner! Elana was extremely professional, helpful and courteous and it was a pleasure to work with her! We look forward to seeing more of her amazing work at our wedding in January!

Profile Picture Dahlia, 1/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Elana did an absolute beautiful job! From my first conversation with her to working with her now reviewing out wedding photos she has been the best vendor to work with. We took our engagement photos about a month before our wedding. It gave us a chance to get to know each other and for my Husband and I too get used to being in front of the camera. We had tons of emails back and forth and late night calls to finalize the day of itinerary and each time she reassured me everything was going to workout no matter how many times the plan changed. The second Elana and her husband showed up at my house to start the day they were immediately taking picture and walking around to find the best spots for photos. It was so beautiful that her and her husband have such a great working relationship and truly added more meaning to the day. They captured everything from the day!! My whole family cannot stop looking at the photos and the amazing job they did!! Thank you for making the memory of our special day truly last a lifetime!

Profile Picture Katherine, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Toning, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

Elana was truly a godsent on my wedding day! She and her husband were real professionals throughout the full day. The entire bridal party really enjoyed our experience with Elana- she was very flexible with ever changing weather and put everyone's nerves at ease. I would highly recommend Elana to any bride on their big day!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

There are not enough stars or complimentary words to give Elana Goodridge for her ingenious photography skills, her wonderful personality, her responsiveness, her flexibility in working through contracts, her reasonable pricing, her prompt professionalism and for her overall charm. My daughter got married in the NY area recently and all I can say, is THANK GOODNESS I found Elana. I interviewed and researched many photographers for weeks on end because we were so picky and everyone in the family wanted something different in the overall photographs. The photographer is the most important vendor, in my opinion, because the photos are the only thing left after the wedding. The bride wanted a lot of candid photos and someone with creativity and great editing and design skills for all those imaginative, somewhat trendy photos brides like nowadays. My husband wanted traditional wedding photos, such as table shots. Many photographers do not like to do those table shots because that require good organizational skills, patience and are a lot of work, especially at a big wedding. I also wanted someone who was easy to work with, had a good sense of humor and was charming and flexible. Price was also a consideration; many photographers charge outrageous amounts for the albums, alone. There are a lot of moving parts to a wedding and the photographer is really key to helping make the day drama-free and well-organized. No one could have worked harder on the wedding day than Elana (and her assistant). No one could have been more organized, flexible and creative. Words cannot describe her incredible charm, patience and sense of humor. Elana was key to the tremendous success and drama-free flow of the wedding and to the staggering number of wonderful photographs we now have to cherish this happy day in our family's life. Everyone at the wedding commented on how Elana was "on another level" with the combo of creative, candid and traditional shots. We just LOVE Elana Goodridge!

Profile Picture User7378013, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Most businesses tell you that the customer is always right, but in this case this is not true. Elana Goodridge is always right! She has a keen eye for photography and is amazing at capturing the moments that count on video. I originally booked Elana for a surprise bridal shower in July 2016 and leading up to the event Elana always stayed in contact to make sure that our visions coincided - some of the stress from planning this day for the bride to be was immediately alleviated from our first phone call. She is punctual, takes tasteful photos, and during your event she is like a fly on the wall. She gets the photos and videos to you in a timely manner. She asks the right questions leading up to your event such as 'is there an agenda?' because she never misses a moment. Elana shows great dedication and pride in her work. She also takes the time to get to know you and the people you are planning an event for. We loved her so much so, that in the midst of planning an October 1, 2016 wedding the bride and groom forgot to book a photographer for their newlywed brunch the next day. On a whim, I emailed Elana to see if she was available and she cancelled her plans to be there for us. Her prices are fair, the quality, turn around, and customer service she provides is immeasurable. Needless to say that we will be keeping Elana in mind for future personal and corporate events.

Profile Picture Jodiann, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Elana was terrific in photographing our twins' B'nai Mitzvah. She was patient, flexible, and was able to capture so much of the day for us. We felt comfortable with her and she was unobtrusive, which was very important to us. The photos she took are great. Since the day itself seemed to fly by, I'm so glad we have these photos to keep forever.

Profile Picture Amy, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Great professionalism, service, and photography! Very nice person and did everything and more that we asked for! Really made our proposal expereince fun and easy. Thanks a lot!!

- Vineeth

Profile Picture Vineeth, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

As a marriage proposal planner, two things make a proposal a success: the execution of the proposal itself, and the photos capturing the moments surrounding the proposal. After working with Elana in May 2016, I was so impressed with her level of professionalism, ability to shoot in low light situations, and sense of ease in working with engaged couples, that I hired her again for another proposal in August. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I’ll let her photos do the rest of the talking!

Profile Picture Avani, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Elana is an extremely professional and talented photographer. She is able to capture key moments with both candid and posed shots that portray the story of the event. She is flexible and generous with her time and very reliable. She is very conscientious and takes pride in her work.

Profile Picture User6956808, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Amazing photographer and amazing photos. Elana was super patient from the start and open to all my ideas while giving some ideas of her own. All our photos came out great and she's so kind in helping pick out ones I wanted for my album too. You can't go wrong with her as an photographer.

Profile Picture kristina, 5/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Elana is a great person. She is so nice and relaxed. It is very easy to be around her.
Her pictures are absolutely amazing. She goes through each one before sending the final product.
Highly recommended!

Profile Picture User6922272, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Elana Goodridge's photography is truly phenomenal! As soon as they were put up on Facebook, we had family and friends calling and texting us non-stop to tell us how well the photographer caught the true spirit of our relationship on film! Everyone was so pleased to see the photographs so authentic and natural, as opposed to so many engagement shots that look so staged. Also, Elana helped us to find locations all over the city that would best capture our personalities and we could not be any more pleased with how they came out. She made the whole experience so relaxed yet joyful that we knew we had to book her for our big day!

We are so excited to hang the photographs all over our home and one day, show our grandkids! Thank you Elana for helping us to document this very special time in our lives!! -Jacqueline & Christopher 2015

Profile Picture User5577279, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Finding someone who will capture the energy and importance on your wedding is so overwhelming. Elana's quick responses, strong portfolio and general kindness attracted us to her right away. She did our engagement photos and all of our family and friends went crazy for them so we knew we had to hire her for the wedding as well. She came with us on the final sight visit and did a full tour of the space to ensure that on the big day, no backdrop would be missed. When our backup photographer fell through, Elana called me and told me not to worry and that she would find a wonderful replacement (and she did! David Reyes and Elana worked flawlessly together to capture both posed and candid shots!) We had two big families to work with and Elana was patient, kind and focused. From the engagement photo shoot, through wedding planning and to the actual wedding day, Elana took such good care of us and we are forever grateful! We cannot recommend her services enough and wish you the very best for your special day!

Profile Picture Christopher, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Elana brings her heart of gold to all her work! She photographed my daughter Jacqueline's wedding, delighting in the day with us, capturing each of us and the day with great poignancy that only the truly gifted can see and then record in lasting form. She is a gifted portrait artist, her camera; brushes, paint and canvas.
There are so many decisions to make as you plan your wedding day. Choose Elana and you will always be thrilled with your decision! We relive the magnificent day, over and over, enjoying the photographs, thankful for our choice.

Profile Picture kathleen, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Elana goes above and beyond to meet your last minute changes, and to capture all emotions from your wedding!

Profile Picture User6951057, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Elana was simply wonderful! We had an unusual event with multiple locations across different dates and she was very accommodating. She even turned around a full video and set of photos between one event (Monday) and the next (Saturday). The video was perfect and the photos are fantastic. Also, I'm pretty sure she's captured the best photo of me in my entire life. It's STILL my Facebook profile pic. :)

Profile Picture User6987539, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We’re so lucky to have found Elana to photograph our special day! And we have the pictures that will last a life time to prove it!!

Elana was a wonderfully calm presence during all of our wedding stress and made us feel comfortable both with her and the camera. It was so nice to know she had it all under control and we had nothing to worry about.

Elana is professional, passionate, and shows that she genuinely cares about you and making sure you’re able to have the best memories of your special day. She was great with suggesting some poses to try and we love the iconic New York feel of our shots in Grand Central Station. The photo's captured every moment and truly reflect how we felt that day. They are absolutely gorgeous!

Profile Picture Lori, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Toning, Albums, Digital Files, Proofs, Thank You Cards

We read the reviews, we talked on the phone, we met at the venue and shared appetizers and wine, we engaged Elana to photograph our wedding, and we are thrilled with the results. Everything other reviewers have said is spot on. She is a wonderful person who truly wants to do a great job for her new best friends! We feel like we hired our daughter, who just happens to be a great photographer. She has provided us with the memories we hoped for, both posed and candid. Her photos have somehow captured not only the event, but the spirit of the event. Love and happiness are in them all. I wish everyone could use her to remember their special event. Alas, only a few of us will get the experience and the results. Get yourself on her list as soon as possible!

Profile Picture Sheryl, 9/27/15, 2 Reviews