Elan Artists Reviews

83 | Rockville, MD

83 Reviews for Elan Artists

Jessica · Married on 10/06/2018

Sounds House: The Best Wedding Band I've ever seen!!!

I know I am biased because it was my own wedding but let me just say every single guest echoed my same sentiments when I say that Sound House was hands-down the best, most amazing, most professional, most talented and most FUN wedding band I have ever witnessed. The dance floor was packed the entire night and they surpassed all of my expectations. Everyone said they felt they were at a concert and could not stop raving about them. Gretchen & Luis were an absolute pleasure to work with- they listened to all of my requests and made all of my dreams come true. They are one of the main reasons I wish I could do that magical night all over again. I really hope one day I get to see them perform again!! THE BEST.

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Jaime

Jaime · Married on 09/29/2018

Nation was amazing!!!! Working with Karla (bandleader) and Gretchen (group coordinator) was a completely seamless process. I loved all their recommendations. First dance songs and special requests were executed perfectly. The kept the party going all night long and played the best music. Someone said throughout the night that they were in awe over the age range of people on the dance floor. It was truly super special. I can’t wait to attend another Nation wedding one day as a guest. Love you guys!!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Cassandra · Married on 05/12/2018

NATION was UNBELIEVABLE!!! We are still hearing from people about how amazing they were and they sure kept the dance floor packed all night long. We were truly so lucky to find them! Gretchen was fabulous when it came to the booking and was a huge help when it came to song selection for our ceremony. Since we didn't get to hear Nation before we booked (just saw videos on YouTube), we opted to attend a showcase night at Elan's studio in Rockville. At the showcase, we were able to hear Nation live, meet band members, and chat with the band leader, Carla (who is sensational!). All I can say is that we left the showcase with stars in our eyes and knew that they were going to nail it at our wedding. If you are looking for a high energy and incredibly talented band, Nation is definitely the one to go with!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Colleen · Married on 04/20/2018

We used Elan Artists to booked our band, The Source, for our wedding. The band was absolutely amazing!
    People are still talking about how great they were and many have said it was the best band they've ever heard at a wedding! People were on the dance floor the entire night and the song selection was perfect. We had such a good time and couldn't have been happier. Gretchen from Elan Artists was so easy to work with and helped us coordinate everything so it was just perfect. Couldn't have been happier with our selection!

Sent on 05/27/2018
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 11/12/2017

Working with Elan Artists, specifically, the band Nation, was an amazing choice for our wedding. We were hosting a brunch wedding and weren't interested in a Saturday night dance party. The combinations of music that Gretchen put together for us were perfect. We were able to have three different experiences: the ceremony, cocktails and the reception, mixing and matching the band members in different ways.

Working with Gretchen and Karla was easy, flexible and enjoyable. They were open to learning new songs and really pulled out all of the stops when we asked if they would learn and accompany my father-in-law (a pianist) to play our first dance. It was incredibly special for us and our guests. After the first dance, they read the room and provided exactly what our guests wanted to hear. We loved working with Nation and would recommend them without hesitation for an event!

Also, Luke is a true highlight! I had seen him play another event before and was eager to figure out a way to include him in our day. How lucky were we to get him as part of Nation and highlight him throughout the cocktail hour.

Sent on 02/04/2018

Elan Artists's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We love to hear that you enjoyed the planning process and that we were able to help make your wedding memorable. Congratulations & best of luck!
    -- The Elan Artists Team

Erin · Married on 10/22/2017

It's always a pleasure to work with DJ Chris Stiles! His ability to mix music and read the crowd is amazing! Plus he's so easy to work with and never takes over an event.

Sent on 10/30/2017

sofia · Married on 01/07/2017

They did an amazing job and were so great to work with!

Sent on 03/14/2017

I really can't say enough fantastic things about our experience with Elan Artists, our band Nation and our booking contact Gretchen! Their open communication and professionalism was invaluable! Gretchen went above and beyond to answer all my questions and helped us organize all the details to book our event! Our band Nation was awesome! They had all of our guests, of all ages, enjoying themselves! They are incredibly talented, and their ability to play such a wonderful variety of music is really what sets them apart from other bands! We are still getting calls from our guests raving about our band!

Sent on 12/27/2016

I had a fantastic experience with the Source! So much fun, music was incredible and they truly knew how to play to the crowd. We also had DJ Chris who was amazing. Such a great transition too between the band and Chris. Loved our electric violin and bongo players too. Would definitely recommend it all! Thank you to Gretchen for all her help.

Sent on 01/03/2017

Brit · Married on 10/01/2016

We booked our band, The Elements, through Elan Artists. Kerry, the band leader, was absolutely wonderful to work with during the planning process. She was very responsive and so enthusiastic. S many of our guests said that The Elements were the best wedding band they'd ever heard (and we may be biased, but we think they're right!). The dinner portion of our reception was in a smaller room so the band played in the hallway outside. They were so good that multiple people thought that we were playing recordings because they sounded just like the actual artists. During the dancing portion of the evening, various members of the band would come off the "stage" into the audience. They had such great energy, even though we had a smaller wedding. Elan Artists was also easy to work with. We had a minor hiccup or two during the planning process (mostly due to the weird band configurations we needed during various parts of the reception), but they were all fixed quickly. The Elements were absolutely fantastic and we cannot recommend them enough!!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Callista · Married on 09/12/2016

Incredible service, genuine care, and excellent musicians! So thankful to have hired Elan Artists for my wedding.

Sent on 02/08/2017

Jessica · Married on 06/26/2016

The string trio that played at my wedding was wonderful! My only complaint was that I didn't get to hear them play the whole time because I was getting married! My contact was Gretchen and she was always very responsive and easy to work with.

Sent on 07/01/2016

Alan · Married on 06/25/2016

Elan was amazing to work with. They helped us select a String Trio Group for our ceremony/cocktails - and an amazing Jazz Band for our reception. Elan was professional, thorough, fair, flexible, informative, and accommodating. And at our event the entertainment / talent was awesome !! We got rave reviews from all of our guests. Would definitely contact Elan for future needs.

Sent on 06/30/2016

They were nothing short of amazing! We hired 4 different groups from Alan Artists for our wedding weekend festivities and they were all absolutely incredible. Our guests loved their energy and danced all night!

Sent on 06/12/2016

We chose the band Sound House through Elan Artists for our wedding and we were just completely blown away. After seeing their video on the website our choice was easy, they are extremely talented. Luis was so easy to work with and they really helped to make our wedding night perfect! People are still talking about how amazing the band was! My husband and I both felt the music makes the wedding and so we were so grateful that our choice performed so perfectly! They were even able to perform our first dance song, which was not on their list, so perfectly! YAY! Thank you Sound House and Elan Artists!!!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Nation rocked our daughters wedding. Our guests haven't stopped talking about how fabulous they were. The band makes the party and they really did. I said goodbye to two of our guest who were planing. On leaving about half an hour before the event ended and then I saw them five minutes later on the dance floor. The band was too good and they didn't want to leave.

Sent on 12/08/2015

Rachelle · Married on 08/01/2015

We chose Sound House for our wedding. This was after visiting and listening to many bands. Our daughter is very knowledgeable about music and bands and we all fell in love with Sound House. Elan organized everything very well. We also hired a harpist from Elan for our rehearsal dinner the night before. Everyone was punctual, responsible and responsive. Best of all, Sound House made the wedding. Not a person of approximately 200 people, were sitting! They get the crowd up and they don't stop! Compliments of the band came in as people were dancing until 1 in the morning! We highly recommend Sound House!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Joseph · Married on 07/25/2015

Chris Styles is absolutely fantastic! He was extremely professional and competent plus he added a great personal touch and passion to all he did (and he did it well). Through his extra effort to meet with my daughter and her future husband, he was able to gain a very detailed understanding of their likes and dislikes. In addition to his great planning he was very flexible when we wanted to adjust things. He did everything that we could have hoped for and then some. A true professional in every way and contributed significantly to causing my daughter's dream wedding to come true (i.e. become a reality). I would recommend him to anyone, hands down the best I have ever worked with. Thank You!!!

Sent on 07/28/2015
  • Z

Zulfia Ali · event on 07/04/2015

We used Elan Artists and booked our DJ through them and could not have been more satisfied! They were truly accommodating and provided quick responses! The DJ was phenomenal and so professional! Everyone had a great time at our 4th of July party. I will definitely be booking through them for all of our future events! A special thank you to Andrew for being the greatest to work with!

Sent on 08/07/2015

The BEST DECISION I made for our wedding was hiring Jazz Boutique with Michael Cartwright. They made the wedding! They knew how to read the crowd, played the best music, looked great, and overall just set the perfect tone for the evening. All anyone could talk about the day after the wedding was the band. I even had friends that didn't attend the wedding, ask me who played, as they heard they were amazing. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 08/10/2015
  • User5332583 · event on 06/24/2015

Elan Artists provided on-time, great services for our event. we would recommend them to our teams in Samsung.

Sent on 08/10/2015
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 06/13/2015

This review is more for our band, Nation, than Elan Artists (who were wonderful to work with, don't get me wrong). But this band - wow. The number one thing people comment on about our wedding is our band. They were, in a word, AMAZING - the song choices were on point, their energy was off the charts, and they were singing for almost the entire reception (even during dinner - no recorded CD tracks here). I would recommend them time and again - our dance floor was packed the entire night!

Sent on 07/10/2015
  • User5200917 · 2+ years ago

AMAZING! As a wedding planner, I highly recommend Ground Control and Elan Artists. Professional, talented and so easy to work with.....

Sent on 06/23/2015
  • Kate & Mike

Kate · Married on 05/23/2015

Where do I begin?! This is the BEST band you can ever dream of!

We booked Rhythm Collective (led by Daniel from Elan Artists) before we booked our venue! We actually saw them at a friends wedding a few years ago and knew we would use them even before we were engaged! They had great energy, sounded awesome, and had a great song list.

When we searched for bands luckily they were available for our wedding date and things were set in motion. Daniel is great at reading the crowd and we opted for non stop play which is worth the price for this group of talented musicians and singers! Not only did they learn songs and stuck to our play/don't play list, they were even gracious enough to allow my father to to play with his own band up on stage as a surprise for my husband and I.

Wow so magical! We all just had a fantastic dance party. Highly recommend this group and Daniel is a pleasure to work with, give them a call because they book fast!

Thank you Rhythm Collective!

Sent on 06/23/2015

If wish I could give Sound House more than 5 stars because that doesn't cut it! I couldn't possibly give a glowing enough review to do these guys justice. Will start by saying what absolutely lovely people they are. They are kind, professional, responsive, and throughout the stressful process of planning a wedding, they leave you no cause for concern. And for folks like us, to whom music is probably the most important element of the day, that's a huge deal!

My husband and I are so music particular (we actually met at a music festival) that we saw Sound House three times before booking them - but we realized it wasn't because we weren't sure about how fantastic they are, it was because we had so much fun seeing them that we felt like we were at a concert, not vetting "wedding bands" - we did not want to hire anyone near that stereotype!

Their performance the night of our wedding was perfection. Their song list is extensive, but we also had them learn a few songs for us, including our first dance, which they knocked out of the park - it was stunning. One of my only "regrets" of the night was not talking with everyone, but it is only because once the dance set started, I legitimately did not leave the dance floor. They were an enormous part of this wedding being an epic success. I can't tell you how many guests pulled me aside (and are still talking about) how impressive they are, and that they're the best band they'd ever heard at a wedding. Even "music snob" friends of ours were blown away. They played the ENTIRE time, which many bands will not do. We opted for chill, slower music during dinner, and then the dance party. Their talent is matched only by their incredible charisma - you can't not smile or dance when they're on.

Love these guys and wish them luck, success, and as much happiness as they gave my family, friends, husband and I on our wedding day!

Sent on 01/08/2015