El Velo Photography Reviews

El Velo Photography 6
El Velo Photography 7

Caitlin Gayles · Getting married on 02/25/2054

We had so much fun!

From start to finish, El Velo made our engagement picture process incredibly easy and efficient. They are super responsive and so helpful. Our photographer Luis was funny, professional and really captured us as a couple! We love our pictures!! Great value!

Sent on 09/10/2019

El Velo Photography's reply:

Caitlin, thank you so much for taking the time to wire this amazing review! It's been a pleasure working with you, too! Congrats on your engagement. Warmest regards, Andrea and the El Velo team

Claire Robertson · Married on 08/16/2019

Absolutley STUNNING photos!

We have gotten so many compliments from our friends and family that our wedding pictures are gorgeous. We couldn't be happier with them. Luis our photographer was awesome, we did not have to direct him at all...he knew what to do and the results are amazing! Very professional!

Sent on 10/09/2019

El Velo Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this amazing review Claire! Wishing you both a lifetime of love and happiness.
  • Gwen

Gwen · Married on 06/09/2019

EXCEPTIONAL service & quality !!! A++++

El Velo Photography was extremely flexible, understanding, and professional in assisting us with our destination wedding . The photographer and videographer were exceptionally professional, friendly, and courteous during the whole event. I can't express my appreciation enough for the outstanding customer service and exceptional quality photographs we received from our event. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! A+++

Sent on 08/31/2019
    El Velo Photography 8

El Velo Photography's reply:

Gwen, thank you so much for this amazing review! You've made our day! It's been such a pleasure working with you!

Carolina · Married on 04/01/2019

Excellent experience with wonderful photographers

My experience with El Velo was above and beyond. The photos came out so beautifully and with their direction we were able to get some great shots! I got so many compliments from friends and family that couldn’t make it and I couldn’t recommend them enough.

Sent on 06/06/2019

El Velo Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this amazing review, Carolina! It was such a pleasure working with Jerry and you!

Bonnie · Married on 03/12/2019

Absolutely Amazing Professional Photographers!!

First let me say we had no idea what the photographer would be like since our wedding planner had booked it for us. Turned out to be an absolute dream wedding and we were thrilled to realize we had top notch professional photographers to capture our incredible day with stunning photos that we will cherish forever. They were extremely quick, each shot was done effortlessly and turned out perfect, it went very smooth. Many of our guests commented at how amazing they were too as they took photos of all our guests with and without the bride & groom so they had nice family photos as special memories too. It is my pleasure to recommend El Velo as they truly were amazing!!

Sent on 04/26/2019

El Velo Photography's reply:

Hi Bonnie, thank you so much for this amazing review! It was a pleasure working with you! Best regards, Andrea & the El Velo team
  • LaLa

Lala Rochelle · Married on 02/02/2019

Professional & Good Quality

El Velo provided both highly professional on-site service as well as a quick turnaround in top-notch pictures!

Sent on 06/03/2019

El Velo Photography's reply:

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! It was a pleasure working with you! Regards, Andrea & the El Velo team

Eddie Thompson · Married on 01/19/2019

A job well done

El Velo Photography exceeded our expectations. They were, professional, attentive, and our photos turned out amazing. Highly recommended.

Sent on 03/25/2019

El Velo Photography's reply:

Hi Eddie, we hope you guys are doing great! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! Best regards, Andrea & the El Velo team

Venessa · Married on 11/17/2018

Easy and very attentive!

Loved our photographer Luis! He was amazing and a lot of fun!

Sent on 12/11/2018

El Velo Photography's reply:

Hi Venessa, we hope you guys are doing great. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! Best regards, Andrea & the El Velo team

Hex · Married on 11/10/2018

Nature oriented beach 🦋🏝 wedding 🎩 👰

Andrea and Luis are truly professional in the planning, communication and execution, striving to make sure we were happy and knew what to expect and how to coordinate with all phases of our wedding and reception.

I highly recommend El Velo for all wedding parties 🎊 photography needs!

we Had live butterflies 🦋 , and somehow Luis captured them

Sent on 12/07/2018

El Velo Photography's reply:

Hi Hex, we hope you guys are doing great. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! It was a pleasure working with you! Best regards, Andrea & the El Velo team

Kelly Mongillo · Married on 11/04/2018

Amazing photos of our elopement!

I can not recommend them enough! Our elopement planner booked El Velo for us, so we had no idea what to expect. The photos are AMAZING! Sincerely beautiful images of our rainforest wedding at La Paz Waterfall Gardens. We had a link to a sneak peak website within two weeks and then all our photos about a month later.

In addition to the quality of the photos, because we were eloping, our photographer was also our witness and one of the few people we spent time with at our wedding. He was really great and so happy for us, it added to our special day. We had so much fun scouting locations, and even got some really great shots with toucans :)

Sent on 12/14/2018
    El Velo Photography 9
    El Velo Photography 10
    El Velo Photography 11
    El Velo Photography 12

El Velo Photography's reply:

Hi Kelly, we hope you guys are doing great. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! It was a pleasure working with you! Best regards, Andrea & the El Velo team

Talia · Married on 11/03/2018

Beautiful pics and a wonderful, stress-free experience

Our venue/hotel arranged this photographer so we had no idea what we'd be getting, but they exceeded our expectations by far. Very friendly, professional, and the pictures are stunning.

Sent on 12/07/2018

Nicole · Married on 07/28/2018

I used El Velo for photography and videography for my destination wedding in Costa Rica on July 28 2018. The resort I got married at (Flamingo Beach Resort) suggested El Velo, but I already had my heart set on El Velo anyway after reading the incredible reviews. Since I relied heavily on the reviews, I feel it is only right I share my experience as well to ensure others will have a good idea as to why El Velo is the right company to use. I emailed Andrea more than a year out and locked in my date. She was so sweet and very responsive. Originally, we were doing about 6 hours of photography and 3 hours of video. About a month out, we decided we wanted to max out the time for both. I emailed Andrea asking if this was something that could be done and she was very accommodating and ensured that the photographer and videographer would be available for additional time as requested. I specifically requested Juan Carlos and could not have been happier with my decision! Not only is he incredibly talented, but he's a genuinely kind and interesting person. I really enjoyed working with him. I have only received the sneak peak to date but OH MY GOODNESS - I am in love with every picture he took!! The turn around time for this "sneak peak album" was so fast - about 6 business days and there are a TON of photos included (close to 100). I have friends and family reaching out to me saying how beautiful the pictures came out and specifically complimenting the photography work. I forgot the videographer's name (I feel terrible about that) but he was absolutely incredible also! I haven't received the video yet but he always seemed to be close by to capture the moment without being too intrusive. I can not wait to get the rest of the pictures and the video! I wish this company worked out of NY also because I would use them over and over again any time I needed a photography/videography! Thank you El Velo for capturing the most magical day of our lives <3 Pura Vida!

Sent on 08/14/2018
    El Velo Photography 19
    El Velo Photography 20
    El Velo Photography 21

El Velo Photography's reply:

WOW, Nicole! Thank you SO MUCH for this amazing review! You've made our day! Thank you so much for all your kind words and for taking the time to write this incredible review! We can't wait to share it!! Woohooo!

Alissa · Married on 06/03/2018

Andrea and Juan Carlos were absolutely incredible through our whole wedding and planning leading up to the wedding day. Andrea was very informative and easy to work with. She set everything up wonderfully! Juan Carlos was incredible. Taking even his birthday evening to capture our wedding and reception at the Zephyr Palace in Costa Rica. He knew all the perfect lighting spots and captured the precious moments throughout the day. We got our pictures back about 2 months after the wedding and they are beautiful! We couldn’t be more grateful or thankful for the whole team!!!

Sent on 08/31/2018

El Velo Photography's reply:

Hi Alissa, we hope you guys are doing great. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this amazing review! It was a pleasure working with you! Best regards, Andrea & the El Velo team

Katie · Married on 05/30/2018

El Velo Photography did an amazing job and I couldn't have asked for anything better. I am in love with my photos! We had a destination wedding in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica in May 2018. They were very responsive, answered all of my questions, and the photo quality was amazing! Definitely recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 09/16/2018

El Velo Photography's reply:

Hi Katie, we hope you guys are doing great. Wow time flies! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this amazing review! It was a pleasure working with you! Best regards, Andrea & the El Velo team

Alicia · Married on 05/28/2018

Amazing wedding photography company. We would highly recommend!

Sent on 08/14/2018

El Velo Photography's reply:

Hi Alicia, we hope you guys are doing great. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! It was a pleasure working with you! Best regards, Andrea & the El Velo team

Mckenzie · Married on 05/26/2018

Can not begin to put in words how amazing our photographs were!! It means so much that we have such amazing photographs to capture and remember our most special day! From the moment we met the photographer he made sure to do a phenomenal job in capturing all different angles and people from our wedding and of course the spotlight was on my husband and I. He made us feel at ease and you can tel in how great he captured each moment. I would highly recommend him as my expectations were exceeded! Below is the most amazing beautiful picture we have ever seen and cannot begin to count the numerous people and family who compliment on it as we immediately framed it the day we got a sneak peek at our photos!!

Sent on 07/03/2018
    El Velo Photography 22

El Velo Photography's reply:

Mckenzie, thank you so much for this amazing review! We loved being a part of your special day! We are about to share this on our Facebook page...yay!

Chelsea · Married on 05/19/2018

Our wedding was in Costa Rica and it was extremely hot that day. The photographer, Juan, was absolutely amazing! He knew the venue very well and he had great tips and pointers. The pictures were beautiful. He was kind, courtesy, and professional. Great work!

Sent on 09/06/2018
    El Velo Photography 27
    El Velo Photography 28
    El Velo Photography 29

El Velo Photography's reply:

Hi Chelsea, we hope you guys are doing great. We've been reading some previous reviews (which makes us very happy :)) Thank you so much for taking the time to write one! It was a pleasure working with you! Best regards, Andrea & the El Velo team

Lydia · Married on 04/21/2018

Booking a photographer through our venue was a little nerve wracking since we didn’t have experience working with El Velo Photography. We truly couldn’t have asked for anything better. They were so easy to work with and the sneak peek was awesome. Can’t wait to see the final edits and video. I would definitely recommend them!!

Sent on 05/07/2018

El Velo Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this amazing review, Lydia! It was a pleasure working with you guys!

Ciara · Married on 04/08/2018

Juan Carlos with El Velo Photography was so amazing! He was so professional, prompt, personable, and punctual. We love our photos and couldn’t have asked for any better on our special day.

Sent on 04/10/2018
    El Velo Photography 30
    El Velo Photography 31
    El Velo Photography 32
    El Velo Photography 33
    El Velo Photography 34
    El Velo Photography 35

El Velo Photography's reply:

Ciara, thank you so much for your amazing review! It was a pleasure working with you!

Jessica · Married on 04/02/2018

Great photographer! Seamless process, accommodated all my requests & produced beautiful photos...highly recommend El Velo

Sent on 07/03/2018
    El Velo Photography 36
    El Velo Photography 37
    El Velo Photography 38

El Velo Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Jessica! It was a pleasure working with you! We wish you guys a lifetime of love and happiness!

Amy · Married on 03/24/2018

It was a pleasure working with El Velo Photography!! They had their own ideas and also went along with ours on our big day!! Would definitely hire them again and recommend them to anyone looking for fabulous photographers.

Sent on 04/11/2018

El Velo Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Amy & Roman for your amazing review! It was a pleasure working with you and we wish you a lifetime of happiness!

Erin · Married on 02/04/2018

We had a wonderful time with El Velo and would recommend without any hesitation. Great experience on our wedding day - our photographer was great in person and had a very good sense of the location and where he wanted the pictures made. I can't say enough about how beautiful the final product is, too. I keep looking at the photos and thinking to myself, "There's no way that's a real place. It's too beautiful to be!" We're totally delighted.

Sent on 03/26/2018

El Velo Photography's reply:

Hi Erin! WOW, thank you so much for your amazing review! We can't wait to share it. It was a pleasure working with you! We wish you both so much happiness!

Herb · Married on 11/18/2017

We got married in Costa Rica. Our photographer was great!! He was very accommodating and above all... He took us back to our resort to take more exquisite pictures that we truly treasure!!! They capture our wedding day beautifully!!!

Thank you so much!!!

Sincerely

Herb & Gisela
    11/18/2017

Sent on 01/02/2018
    El Velo Photography 39
    El Velo Photography 40

El Velo Photography's reply:

Thank you so very much Herb & Gisela for this amazing review! It was an honor to be a part of your special day!
  • I

Isabel · Married on 08/03/2017

Thank you so much for El Velo and the amazing photos of our Destination wedding! The sunset was so beautiful when we saw our sneak peek images we could hardly believe it was real! We are truly thankful for your services and for helping make our special day so memorable!

Zach and Isabel Ross

Sent on 09/01/2017

El Velo Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your amazing review Isabel & Zach! It was a pleasure working with you!

Russell · Married on 05/28/2017

When exploring a wedding photographer for our destination wedding in Costa Rica, we exhausted all possible reviews and portfolios, and spoke with a handful of teams. We ultimately decided with the team at El Velo Photography, and it was the best decision we could have made. Our communications began with Andrea, and she quickly and thoroughly answered all of our questions regarding timing, additional options, budgeting, and shot list. We knew from the start that we would be in good hands. We wanted our photographer to be someone who could take the lead and guide many of the moments of the wedding day in order to capture all of the important and sometimes not so obvious moments. Our El Velo photographer, Juan Carlos, far exceeded our expectations. We have never met a wedding photographer with so much composure, confidence, charisma, and comprehensive talent. Juan Carlos understood the stresses, tensions, and technicalities of the moments before, during, and after the wedding, and he knew exactly how to handle each moment and make sure that everyone, not just the bride and groom, felt like they were getting documentation of all of the incredible moments. He was ever-present, yet never visible. He captured ever moment we wanted, and so many more we didn’t even know we wanted. It took about 5 minutes for us to put 100% trust in JC, knowing that he would achieve our goal. The experience during the wedding day is one part of the photography service, but ultimately, the photos are what are most important. JC not only captured the moments, but captured them with an unrivaled eye for creativity, angles, and lighting, focusing on the raw emotions of the event and producing images that tied in the nature, décor, and beauty of the Costa Rica atmosphere. We also utilized the option for a Polaroid photo booth, and JC's assistant did a great job as well! El Velo exceeded our expectations and we would wholeheartedly recommend their team for any wedding or event in Costa Rica.

Sent on 07/14/2017

El Velo Photography's reply:

WOW, Russell and Shannon! Thank you SO MUCH for this amazing review. Thank you so much for all your kind words and many compliments! You made our day! It was such a pleasure working with you!