Ego Trip Hair Salon Reviews

18 | Lancaster, PA

18 Reviews for Ego Trip Hair Salon

Emily · Married on 09/07/2019

A great way to start your big day!

The team at Ego Trip was amazing to work with. They made sure I knew everything that would happen ahead of my big day. The hair and makeup trial was a super easy process. I barely had to give any direction and they gave me exactly what I was looking for. On the morning of my wedding, we spent 2 hours in the salon for myself and my bridal party. It was such a relaxing way to start the wedding day, with breakfast, mimosas, and coffee. Everyone's hair and makeup all turned out beautifully and lasted throughout the entire wedding day. I highly recommend the Ego Trip team!

Sent on 01/02/2020

Kimberly · Married on 06/01/2019

Fabulous!!!

Tamara and her team came to my venue and did amazing work on me (bride), bridesmaids and the mothers. Everyone's hair was beautiful and unique! We received so many compliments from the guests that day and still today in pictures! I would gladly use them again for a big event and would highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Annie

Annie Schuster · Married on 11/16/2018

Couldn't have felt more beautiful!

The ladies of Ego Trip are absolutely fantastic. I could not have asked for a better crew to prepare my ladies and me for my special day. Our hair looked stunning and stayed through hours of dancing and the makeup was impeccable...even my husband, who claims to "hate makeup" could not get over how wonderful it looked while still being minimal and natural! If I lived closer, they would be my go to salon for everything.

Sent on 11/20/2018
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 10/27/2018

Wonderful Salon

From day-one phone calls, to my consultation and trial, to the morning of my wedding, Tamara and her team showed me (and my bridal party) nothing but the best service. My consultation was lovely and a breeze; Ariana and Tamara made it easy to figure out exactly what was needed for me and each of my girls. Everyone there is super friendly and greets you with a smile, and the salon itself feels homey and professional at the same time. My trial hair went very well, and Tamara listened to what I wanted and styled my bridal hair just as I pictured it!

Down to the day of: I had a large-ish wedding party of 7 girls, myself, and my mother. I was worried so many girls would be an issue, at least with timing. We were completely blown away with how fantastic our hair and makeup turned out, all in a timely manner (we actually finished up earlier than expected!). We opted to get everything done in the salon the morning of, and I'm so glad we made that decision and would recommend that option to others. They provided a delicous brunch for us, and the level of personal care and attentiveness they showed each of us was superb. If you want above-and-beyond service and that special rockstar treatment on your wedding day, you definitely gotta check out Ego Trip and give Tamara a call!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Ego Trip Hair Salon's reply:

Thanks so much for choosing Ego Trip Erin! It was a pleasure working with you and your bridal party to bring your vision to life. Best wishes on your new marriage and congratulations once again!

Jamie · Married on 10/22/2016

The girls did an amazing job and everyone was so happy with how their makeup turned out! We discussed how I wanted a natural look with a slight purple smokey eye and they nailed the look exactly how I wanted it! Alana talked with me and found what make-up I usually wear and what I invisioned for my wedding! She also helped stay calm the morning of the wedding! They were great and all of my girls looked stunning! Thank you Ego Trip!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/04/2016

Tamara and her team at this salon were amazing!!! They arrived on site early and were set up before my bridal party arrived. When i went in for my consultation, they talked me through the different make up options because i wasn't sure what option was best. I decided to go with air brush make up. When i went back for my final trial, everyone was really helpful in helping me determine my hair style. When it came to the day of my wedding, Tamara & team did my entire bridal party, including moms and grandmas in under 3 hrs on site, which was a huge checkmark on my list. They had a plan on who to would do hair and who would do make up. My bridal party and i looked beautiful and our make up lasted all through the night. I also loved the way they did my bridesmaids hair. I just showed them a picture of a style that i liked and they took the idea and ran with it. I had a braid in my hair and they had sure every bridesmaid had a braid as well. I cannot explain how amazing Tamara & team was. They helped to make my day so special!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Maria · Married on 08/20/2016

Tamara and her wonderful team started off my daughter's wedding day in the most amazing way. Everyone absolutely loved the hair and make-up! We all received many compliments throughout the day. Tamara and her team were so organized and prepared. They really listened to what we wanted and then exceeded our expectations. Everyone on the Ego Trip team was so kind, calming and fun!! I would highly recommend them for any special occasion!!

Sent on 08/27/2016

Rachel · Married on 08/20/2016

Tamara and her team made my sister's wedding day extra special! They have a great energy to be around and kept us smiling the whole time they were with us! The whole bridal party had our hair and makeup done and we could not have been happier with the results. The team really listened to what we wanted and gave us some great advice. Tamara and her team were efficient, thorough, and super fun to be around. Our hair and makeup lated all day and all night and I highly recommend Ego Trip for bridal parties or any other special events.

Sent on 08/27/2016

Kristen · Married on 08/20/2016

I cannot speak highly enough about the ladies at EgoTrip!! Tamara and her team were so amazing and helped to make our day incredible from the start!! They came out to our venue.. with champagne and awesome music in tow!! Not to mention the beautiful job they did on everyone's hair and makeup!! So thankful to have had these ladies be part of our special day and can't thank them enough!!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Ego Trip Hair Salon's reply:

Your party was awesome it was our pleasure to be a part of your day! The best part was seeing the love of your family it was a blessing for us:)

Katie · Married on 06/25/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Egotrip. Tamara and her team are amazing! They did absolutely BEAUTIFUL hair & makeup for 9 girls and 2 moms for my wedding... in under 3 hours! Everyone looked gorgeous and all of us girls were so happy! Egotrip also provided breakfast, mimosas, and music at the salon; we had SO much fun. It was honestly the perfect way to spend the morning getting ready for my wedding. I highly recommend Egotrip for your wedding hair and makeup!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Ego Trip Hair Salon's reply:

Thank you for inviting us into your special day!!

My wedding was last Saturday and I hired EgoTrip Hair Salon to do my hair and makeup for the big day! Because I live out of state I was a little nervous of using any salon vendor without being familiar with them, but Tamara put me at ease immediately! When I came in to do my trial hair and makeup, she made me feel welcomed and did an amazing job; I knew I was in good hands after that. Not only did Tamara do my hair and makeup, but she also did my 6 bridesmaids, my flower girl, my mother/mother-in-law, and my grandma's hair and makeup as well. The day of the wedding, all the stylists were friendly and efficient. All of the women in my wedding looked stunning! The other great thing was that Tamara was willing to travel to the venue site to do everyone's hair and makeup! I would definitely recommend EgoTrip to anyone!

Sent on 06/22/2016

JoAnn · event on: 11/26/2014

When I need to look my best for any special occasion or just for everyday, Tamara Hyson at Ego Trip is my go to person! She's an incredible hair artist, wouldn't trust my hair to anyone else.
    Her updos are simply amazing!

Sent on 12/23/2014

Julie · Married on 09/13/2014

Tamara, the owner of Ego Trip has been my stylist for several years since my move from the Washington Metropolitan area to Lancaster County PA. Having moved several times over a period of years I have gone to many salons from Washington, D.C, Virginia, Maryland, San Jose and the San Francisco Bay area in California. I would have to say that being a client of Tamara's has been refreshing! She is truly a professional in every sense of the word. I trust her completely with my hair! Never before have I ever felt comfortable enough with other stylists to say " Just do whatever to my hair...I trust your judgement"! With Tamara I can relax and know that the end result will be perfection every single visit! Another big plus with Tamara is that she is always on time with her appointments! No sitting around for hours waiting and waiting. She fully understands the concept of time being valuable to her clients. My wedding was in September in Virginia -- 2 1/2 hours away from Lancaster. Tamara was there to do my hair and makeup and also for a few of the bridemaids. I could not have been more pleased. I highly recommend Ego Trip Salon and give it 5 stars across in all key categories!

Sent on 12/24/2014

Tonya · Married on 05/03/2014

Tamara did a wonderful job on all my bridesmaids and also my hair when I got married! She also did an outstanding job on my hair when I was just in my brothers wedding a few months ago. She is the best at what she does!!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Tamara surpassed above and beyond my expectations for my wedding! I cant say enough at how awesome she is! First shes such a pleasant person to be around, and secondly she genuinely cares that you are happy with your look. I met with her before the day to do a trail run, and she made me feel very secure and happy. I had very distinct ideas for my wedding as we had a Victorian theme, and im extremely picky about my hair, even making changes the day of, none of that phased her, she came to MY location and did not 1 but 2 completely different hairstyles for my day. Even going with something Ive never had done, and I truly loved it! I never felt more beautiful, and my guests raved over the 2 different styes.. The classic side swept bun was perfect for the ceremony, my veil and tradition of the grooms family, and then the cascade of curls, more my style could not have been more perfect during our 1st dance.. I cant thank her and her staff enough for the personalized care I received, it meant the world to me and made my day outstanding. And after my wedding, Tamara guided me through a drastic style change, taking off many inches of hair- to which I was so scared, but Ill never go back, the compliments I get on my hair is amazing !!!! I only let Tamara do my hair, she has the magic touch and her salon is open a warm & welcoming, I always feel beautiful ( and a bit of a Diva) when I walk out of her salon..shes definitely an expert in her field!

Sent on 01/09/2015

Megan · Married on 10/15/2011

Tamara has been my stylist for 15+ years, so when I got engaged, I couldn't imagine trusting my wedding day hair and make-up to anyone else. I knew I wanted my hair and make-up to be special... but ultimately, still look like me! And, that's exactly what Tamara pulled off! Simple. Natural. Elegant. To this day, I look back at my wedding pictures and am so happy with how I looked!

Sent on 12/30/2014
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 09/11/2016

The ladies from Ego Trip made all of the females in my wedding feel beautiful. They made sure to pay attention to not only the bridesmaids but the flower girl and mothers of both the bride and groom. They made sure to not interrupt during personal emotional moments and let me have my space, but kept things moving and on track for day. They made sure to listen to exactly what I wanted but made sure it would work for the day.

Sent on 10/23/2016

Liia · Married on 10/15/2016

4.2

Ego Trip Hair Salon's final product is better than the photos they have here. They were able to do a variety of different styles and very well. They were also SUPER speedy! We were all done on time. They were incredibly flexible, we decided to move to having our hair done at the venue and they were able to shift their plans to accommodate that and were super lovely. I ended up hiring a different make up artist, I wanted specific brands and style that their make up artist did not have, but I would full heatedly recommend them for hair! They were awesome.

Sent on 08/07/2017