Edward on Saint Simons Reviews

10 | Saint Simons Island, GA

10 Reviews for Edward on Saint Simons

Sheila · Married on 09/16/2017

Hurricane Irma cancelled our SSI September 16 wedding. Our flowers were ready and waiting and Edward's team was gracious enough to meet us halfway - Dublin, GA. They were the hit of our relocated - in three days - wedding. Above and beyond doesn't begin to describe, not enough stars!

Lisa · Married on 06/10/2017

The flowers for my daughter's wedding from Edward were more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. They have the best quality, most beautiful flowers I have ever seen in my life. The bouquets, arrangements, and corsages were elegantly designed, everything was exquisite! And Edward is a sweetheart, when I was unsure of something, he made me feel relaxed and reassured me that everything would be beautiful, and it was!

• User6720830 · 2+ years ago

Over the years, I have seen some amazing and absolutely stunning floral arrangements for weddings and special events created by Edward's On Saint Simons; however, the flowers for my daughter's wedding were absolutely perfect. Edward's truly outdid themselves with the bouquets and boutonnieres for the bridal party. The mix of roses and succulents simply beautiful! There are not enough words to describe the beauty of the flowers. The flowers are amazing in the pictures. We could not be happier and more pleased. Edward's is truly the best on the island for design and service. I truly feel they really outdid themselves for our wedding. The flowers could not have been more perfect.

Our daughter was married at the Crane Cottage/Jekyll Island Club Hotel on Nov. 14, 2015. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous. The peach roses and hydrangeas were perfect. They even decorated the fire place with garlands and nosegays and strung the courtyard with beautiful fairy lights. Our guests and relatives raved about the abundance of the flowers and the color combinations.

Chris was wonderful! My flowers were simple carnations, but they looked anything but! The colors were vibrant and all well placed! All my bridesmaids took their bouquets home and still have them alive a week later! I went with minimal flowers, but they looked simple and elegant!

Amy · Married on 11/22/2008

Edward on St. Simon's provided the floral centerpieces for our rehearsal dinner. We gave them a photo of sand buckets with flowers in them, and the centerpieces they made came out just like the photo. Who knew you could get hydrangas and sunflowers in November!

Natalie · Married on 09/08/2007

Hey is a true professional, and absolutely knows his stuff! He was exceptional!!!! Best on St. Simons, he can transform any room into your dream!

Mary-Rollins · Married on 11/26/2005

Edward is a joy to work with ... his flowers were gorgeous!!! He listened to everything I said and matched my wishes to a t!

Natalie · Married on 10/04/2014

3.5

We planned a simple outdoor wedding and selected a venue with many beautiful vistas. We asked that Edwards on Saint Simons provide some flowers that could accent the venue but not distract from the beauty of the locations and that was exactly what we got. We had some greenery to accent our ceremony location (a wooden gazebo) and some beautiful centerpieces that were made of hydrangeas, sunflowers and a few other accents included.

The bridal bouquet was exactly what we were hoping for. Edwards were able to get all the flowers that we asked for and arranged it beautifully.

If I were to plan it all over again, I would keep all the décor flowers, center pieces, and bridal bouquet the same, but I would ask for different flowers for the mothers flowers. The arrangements were a little to heavy for the mother of the bride and grooms dresses and were difficult to keep pinned.

Katie · Married on 03/28/2015

0.4
      0.0
      0.5

I had high expectations for Edward after seeing several examples of his work. When I contacted him, he was nice and seemed to know exactly what he was doing as a florist. For my wedding bouquet, I had sent him a picture of what I wanted with absolutely no changes. He said that he could recreate what was in the image and I trusted him. However, on the day of my wedding, the bouquet looked nothing like what I had sent him a picture of or what was specified in the contract. The bouquet included different flowers and greenery that was not in the picture or what was in the contract. Their reasoning for adding the different foliage was "this is what is popular now." It was not okay with me, nor was it discussed that there be changes made. After many tears and stress as I was getting ready, my mom, dad, and husband took the bouquet back to be changed as I was too embarrassed to carry it. I hated it. Reluctantly, they made minor changes to the bouquet, after trying to convince me that it was pretty. They did not want to change/correct the bouquet. They were rude about having to correct their mistake, and rude to my family. My mother was late to the wedding because of having to wait on my bouquet. When my mother finally arrived with the bouquet, it was still not what I wanted or what was in the picture that I had sent for them to recreate. However, the bouquet was prettier after the corrections were made. I am truly disappointed with Edward on St. Simons with their lack of professionalism, inability to listen to the bride, lack of ability to duplicate floral arrangements from an image, and their consideration for their creativeness rather than that of their client's requests. I urge anyone considering to use Edward to look elsewhere for a more professional and adept florist.

Sent on 05/24/2015

Edward on Saint Simons's reply:

Dear Katie – We are distressed to read that we overwhelmingly failed your expectations with the wedding bouquet and boutonniere – even 2 months later your disappointment earns us a disastrous 0.4 rating! When you called to tell us that you ‘hated your bouquet’ we were in shock – no one had ever said that to us before. We believed it was beautiful and tried to get you to see that through your tears to no avail. We worked diligently to ‘fix it’ to your satisfaction and sent a photo (you thanked us by text for doing so). A photo of the original: http://bit.ly/1JQVbR0 ; the final with inspiration: http://bit.ly/1GB4gg1 . Were the flowers wilted, brown or dead? – NO. Were the flowers you asked for in the bouquet? – YES. Was the design in a style similar to your photo? – YES. How can this single bouquet rate a 0.4? The product was the freshest available matching the stems in the inspirational photo: astilbe, ranunculus, freesia, garden roses and cymbidium and dendrobium orchids. We acknowledge that your bouquet was not an IDENTICAL copy of the photo you provided, nor do we recall this ever being mentioned as a must have. We did make some color and flower substitutions, most of which we discussed with you in the days prior. We strongly disagree that our team members were ever in any way rude or not responsive to you or your family. Our goal is to provide great service to all, but realize after the fact that we cannot satisfy you. To any bride considering a florist for wedding flowers know that: 1) Inspirational photos are used for guidance only, the style and technique of floral designers varies; should you require your bouquet to be an EXACT copy of an inspirational photo, stress that point; 2) flowers and their color shadings differ from week to week and throughout the growing seasons; 3) photos on the web can be enhanced for color, lighting, etc., with no match existing in nature. Sincerely, David Lowe & Chris Triplett, Owners, Edward Armstrong, Designer – 912.638.7323